Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Wildtortilla posted:

It's pretty nuts here. Police and all other first responders are carrying and being trained on using narcan, a miracle drug that nearly instantly reverses the effects of an opiod OD. The ODs are becoming more common as heroin is being cut with increasing amounts of fentinyl that is itself becoming stronger. It's a big loving mess that started with over prescription of drugs. Like pharma companies send tens of thousands of pills of super opiods to doctors in tiny, rural communities. Now were debating how to/should we hold big pharma responsible? How do we punish street dealers? Bad doctors? How do we help or punish addicts? My coworker injured his back badly and his doctor is like, "sorry I'm not giving you an opiods just take handfuls of ibuprofen."

Like I said a few lines ago, it's a big loving mess.

:psyduck: indeed.

the traditional route to handling drug problems in america is to throw users in jail forever, but opioid addiction affects a lot of middle- and upper-class white people so they might actually try to address the problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

the traditional route to handling drug problems in america is to throw users in jail forever, but opioid addiction affects a lot of middle- and upper-class white people so they might actually try to address the problem

I don't know man, that pharma money sure is nice.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Man maybe I'm just easy to please but I am just blown away by every screenshot and video the Spyro Remastered twitter shows off. That game looks heckin gorgeous

The remolded big dragons are so well done. Spyro's animations are so good. The world looks amazing!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Convex posted:

How is the DMC collection on PC? I remember hearing some complaints at release.

it's fine, all of its problems are ones present on ps4 too and they're a bit overstated. dmc1 has some small issues with graphical effects and slightly wonky audio but it's nothing you'll notice unless you're a mega purist, same with dmc3. i've heard about some issues with crashing and performance, but i've only hit some odd slowdown with dmc1 like, twice and the only time i've had it crash on me was when i was playing dmc2. i'd say it's overall kind of unquestionably the best way to play the first three games on pc, especially if the guy making mods for dmc1 and 3 manages to get quick weapon switch and a mission menu working in dmc1

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it looks like they released a patch in april for the major issue where the games were running in unplayable turbo mode on PC but i haven't bothered to investigate how well it worked

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

This is a damned sad picture

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
piled high

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

that dog needs some mustard and diced onions asap

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
put some chili on that dry dog, it's what sonic would do

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

Spell it D.O.G., that's me

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Why are brooklyn weiners taking over the world?!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Brooklyn has some drat fine weiners

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

The Colonel posted:

it's fine, all of its problems are ones present on ps4 too and they're a bit overstated. dmc1 has some small issues with graphical effects and slightly wonky audio but it's nothing you'll notice unless you're a mega purist, same with dmc3. i've heard about some issues with crashing and performance, but i've only hit some odd slowdown with dmc1 like, twice and the only time i've had it crash on me was when i was playing dmc2. i'd say it's overall kind of unquestionably the best way to play the first three games on pc, especially if the guy making mods for dmc1 and 3 manages to get quick weapon switch and a mission menu working in dmc1

Thanks! I enjoyed what I played of the first one back in 2004 or something but never really got round to finishing it or playing any of the others. Good to know the PC version is worth it!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

haveblue posted:

Brooklyn has some drat fine weiners

and their hot dogs aren't bad either.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mak0rz posted:

that dog needs some mustard and diced onions asap

that dog looks good, for me to grey poupon

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Samuringa posted:

and their hot dogs aren't bad either.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cowcaster posted:

that dog looks good, for me to grey poupon

:yikes:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I'd eat it, but not for $6.50 lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The use of grams means it might be Canadian or Australian dollars!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

The use of grams means it might be Canadian or Australian dollars!

Nope

It's on the menu of a place at the Pittsburgh Zoo.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:rip:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5hSPHgDyk

The later fights against multiple enemies look good, solo duels at the start not so much. Perhaps they've picked up a bit more Souls influence than they should have.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gotta fund those bigass escalators somehow

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

Nope

It's on the menu of a place at the Pittsburgh Zoo.

A hotdog at the zoo, eh...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

haveblue posted:

Perhaps they've picked up a bit more [...] influence than they should have.

darksiders.txt

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

you could literally buy and eat 12 hotdogs for that single hot dog.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

You're paying for the ambiance of eating it around animal smell and screaming kids

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i got griffon 3 to like 1/10th of his hp and then he did an attack i'm really bad at dodging. bad feel

really hope that quick weapon switch mod comes around cause the grenade gun is actually really good for some of these fights but uh. it's not really worth the menuing hassle to switch guns constantly

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol zoo food

our local zoo used to have literal Chicken McNuggets under a different name, at twice the price

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I paid £18 for two sandwiches, some crisps and a couple of drinks at Chester Zoo once. They weren't even fancy sandwiches.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I could go for some greasy food right now, like Jesus Christ

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Jesus was a carpenter though, guy was probably pretty lean.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah just find a sheetz and get their 2-for-1 hot dog deal

We'll probably just do a mcdonalds run or a sheetz run before going into the zoo itself because their food is gonna be overpriced as hell obvs

If we ever get the money saved up to take KCB to Hershey Park, I'll probably splurge on whatever food that we can only get in that park though. Maybe it's just me but the idea of eating at a zoo is like "meh, I'll get some food before and after" but if I'm heading to an amusement park of some kind, I'm down for checking out what they've got in the way of foodstuffs.

There's a somewhat local amusement park called DelGrosso's which is an amusement park based entirely off of some pasta sauce company and they sell pasta sauce in the gift shop and idk why but the idea of "we're such a successful pasta sauce company that we decided to make an amusement park" makes me laugh

https://www.mydelgrossopark.com/

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Costco $1.50 hotdog/drink combos all day, don't need no vicodin

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bloodychill posted:

Costco $1.50 hotdog/drink combos all day, don't need no vicodin

I preferred the polish dog and am one of those weirdos who is despondent over its removal.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

haveblue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5hSPHgDyk

The later fights against multiple enemies look good, solo duels at the start not so much. Perhaps they've picked up a bit more Souls influence than they should have.

Kinda looks like B-tier God of War, not necessarily a bad thing though. Dunno if it's worth 60bux but looks like a buy on sale.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clb-l7vJ2oA
:thunk:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Wasn't Darksiders always a B-tier God of War though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

suuma posted:

Wasn't Darksiders always a B-tier God of War though

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Stuff like this always makes me think of my childhood in Cub and Boy Scouts. Waaaaaay too many white people dressing up as natives and co-opting their culture, even if there is no ill will intended.

• Locked thread