Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
This chapter in a nutshell:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Onmi posted:

So that last page might be mistranslated, the other translation I've seen is along the lines of "Thinking about it too much makes me break down"

I got the impression they were going for something along the lines of 'Man, not being able to remember who they're talking about was really bugging me.'

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wasn't that the teleportation?

i took the last panel to indicate that he was wiping blood off his face because his sutures had pulled loose from his earlier freakout

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I don't get it.

Edit: oh wait poo poo are the heroes' real names not public info?

Replace Principal with President, and it's verbatim something Ocelot says at the end of Metal Gear Solid 1.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i wonderw what dabi meant with that last line he said, seemed like he was answering sandmans (rip) question

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Dragonatrix posted:

Replace Principal with President, and it's verbatim something Ocelot says at the end of Metal Gear Solid 1.

The second metal gear joke I haven't gotten this week.
(I've never even seen anyone play metal gear. Hadn't even heard of it until college.)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

drjuggalo posted:

i wonderw what dabi meant with that last line he said, seemed like he was answering sandmans (rip) question

it's just one more piece of evidence on the pile that he's a Todoroki, both translations imply that "thinking about family" causes him to lose it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Here's to hoping Miruko becomes Deku's new mentor.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Crazyeyes posted:

Who the hell is Snatch

Who the hell is Ujiko?

In terms of pacing, MHA is consistently better than most, but this chapter honestly needed a bit more room to breathe.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i mean we did see the tar star use that quirk at the raidout, now we just know he's a real person

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MORE MIRUKO I shout as I come back from the One Piece thread shouting for more Carrot

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

MORE MIRUKO I shout as I come back from the One Piece thread shouting for more Carrot

:yeah:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Waffleman_ posted:

If only there were a :frog: but with a rabbit instead.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We regret to inform you that the hero Miruko abuses her family.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Crazyeyes posted:

The one in jail is a clone

This makes way too much sense.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Crazyeyes posted:

The one in jail is a clone

Nah, can't be. Clone would have turned to mush from United States of Smash.

But no reason that All for One couldn't have had a clone made by Twice to assist LoV in a non-combat support position

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There is a big reason, namely that Twice can only make one clone at a time. He can make multiple clones of himself, but only because they in turn have ability to copy themselves.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Terper posted:

There is a big reason, namely that Twice can only make one clone at a time. He can make multiple clones of himself, but only because they in turn have ability to copy themselves.

i don't think that's right, though the explanation of his powers was kind of vague

i thought he could only create clones of two things at a time, and the clones become less and less durable as their numbers grow

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He says he can copy 2 but the second one will be inferior.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia/No--149?id=378971

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But yeah the wording is very vague and I ain't sure myself.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Huh, well there you go.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
twice can also apparently detect when a clone kicks the bucket, evidenced by his poo poo-talking dabi during the summer camp raid

the League really is composed of incredibly versatile and useful Quirks (and Spinner)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hate-Senpai posted:

He says he can copy 2 but the second one will be inferior.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia/No--149?id=378971

re-reading this chapter reminds me of how Twice and Toga were the best part of that arc

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Miruko being swole bloodthirsty murder-bunny is really fun character design and I hope we will see her featured heavily in next arcs. As someone mentioned earlier, her mentoring Deku would be ideal, considering that he wants to learn how to kick rear end better and she is pretty much the best rear end kicker there is.

Plus it would be really nice for a badass female hero getting some prime screen-time for once, instead of being used as background action set-piece (hello dragon girl, super awesome and super wasted).

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

re-reading this chapter reminds me of how Twice and Toga were the best part of that arc

Toogata Mirio, Toogata Mirio!!, and Lemillion was pretty loving amazing as well, but yeah those two were great. The fact that Shigaraki got around that one guy's compelling voice quirk by just sending the two most impatient assholes on his squad over and based his whole plan around them eventually just getting fed up with the whole mafia thing and loving things up on thier own volition made it even better.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The most important thing about Miruko is not how powerful she is but that her ears are in the right spot of her head

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
What a fantastic chapter.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Miruko and Hawks are awesome. Deku should become her sidekick to form the Mighty Bunnies. Wishful thinking aside, those scenes with crazed Dabi were hype as hell.

I'm starting to wonder if Dabi has a similar issue to Aoyama. His body is mismatched to his quirk, so the blue flames come at the cost of disfigurement. Unavoidable self-mutilation and a screwed up family is more than enough to drive somebody off the edge.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Toogata Mirio, Toogata Mirio!!, and Lemillion was pretty loving amazing as well, but yeah those two were great. The fact that Shigaraki got around that one guy's compelling voice quirk by just sending the two most impatient assholes on his squad over and based his whole plan around them eventually just getting fed up with the whole mafia thing and loving things up on thier own volition made it even better.

That isn't quite true. Overhaul requested Toga and Twice but Shigaraki trusted them enough that they would take the best opportunity to dig a well placed knife in the Seven Precepts backs.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Miruko being swole bloodthirsty murder-bunny is really fun character design and I hope we will see her featured heavily in next arcs. As someone mentioned earlier, her mentoring Deku would be ideal, considering that he wants to learn how to kick rear end better and she is pretty much the best rear end kicker there is.

Plus it would be really nice for a badass female hero getting some prime screen-time for once, instead of being used as background action set-piece (hello dragon girl, super awesome and super wasted).

This, intensely.
(Panne was also my favorite character from awakening. So I guess I just like angry bunnies.)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have a feeling that Miruko would be an interesting person to have around Deku as I could see her really loving the sheer intensity that he can bring to a fight when he is properly motivated.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
After this chapter I'd like to amend my favourite character list to

1. Hawks
2. Miruko
3. Hatsume Mei

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Hatsume Mei still hasn't been knocked from the top, but I think if we get to see Miruko do some more hero stuff I can see liking her a lot. I also hope she trains Deku to kick real good.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Hunt11 posted:

I have a feeling that Miruko would be an interesting person to have around Deku as I could see her really loving the sheer intensity that he can bring to a fight when he is properly motivated.
Miruko could also help Deku become more confident by being the assertive big sis his life is sorely missing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/singto_u/status/1020358031119224832

Just...the various premises that people come up with for artwork is amusing as heck

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Vinylshadow posted:

<image>

Just...the various premises that people come up with for artwork is amusing as heck

a fitting cursed post for page 666

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Miruko and Deku would be kicking rear end left and right and now i'm gonna be mad when it doesn't happen

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Miruko and her sidekick Thumper.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's feeling increasingly correct because she can both teach deku how to kick and how to stop thinking so much all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Deku's original costume looked more like a rabbit than All Might.