Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

suuma posted:

Wasn't Darksiders always a B-tier God of War though

Crossed with B-tier Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Comic Sans AND Papyrus on the same page, inspiring.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

suuma posted:

I thought it was B-tier Zelda

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I want to say they flat out said the inspiration for the first one was zelda and castlevania, but then also one of the dungeon items is a portal gun.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Darksiders 1 was cool, though I thought the combat needed more depth. Also that one puzzle in the area near the end :argh:

I don't remember much of 2, aside from it having Diablo-y loot. I should play them again since I got the ps4 versions in that one Humble Bundle.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

less laughter posted:

I thought it was B-tier Zelda

It was, then the new God of War borrowed heavily from its aesthetic, and then Darksiders 3 is apparently borrowing from GoW.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Darksiders is a B-tier 90s comic book, specifically that one arc at the beginning of Curse of the Spawn that also takes place after the apocalypse and was totally loving awesome when I was in high school.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I preferred the polish dog and am one of those weirdos who is despondent over its removal.

I didn't know it was removed. Sad day for Polish dogs.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Kanfy posted:

Jesus was a carpenter though, guy was probably pretty lean.

As any Catholic can tell you, Jesus Christ is pretty dry.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTy1NwhqZ2o

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

suuma posted:

Darksiders 1 was cool, though I thought the combat needed more depth. Also that one puzzle in the area near the end :argh:

What puzzle? The one with the 3 hanging cages you needed to put blocks on?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I really wish Egglia wasn't a phone game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

suuma posted:

yeah but also, it was zorldo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In this house we respect Darksiders.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The main thing I'm looking forward to KH3 for is the soundtrack

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sakurazuka posted:

The main thing I'm looking forward to KH3 for is the soundtrack

I hope it'll be simple, yet clean

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I finally managed to wrench myself away from Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 and start Cold Steel 2.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I like that the new Darksiders stars an angry lady that's so mad her hair turns into fire, the bar for diverse non-tough guy characters in video games is so low that it's pretty novel. I'll buy it if killing things in it is fun.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Phantasium posted:

I want to say they flat out said the inspiration for the first one was zelda and castlevania, but then also one of the dungeon items is a portal gun.

They didn't even try very hard to make it not look like they were ripping off portal. It's literally a white gun that shoots blue and orange portals!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

GUI posted:

I like that the new Darksiders stars an angry lady that's so mad her hair turns into fire, the bar for diverse non-tough guy characters in video games is so low that it's pretty novel. I'll buy it if killing things in it is fun.

Presumably her hair will also turn into other elements in addition to its normal state of gently caress gravity.

Basically I wish I had Fury's hair.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

GUI posted:

I figure keeping a cool head isn't exactly a good trait to have as a Horseman of the Apocalypse

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

GUI posted:

I like that the new Darksiders stars an angry lady that's so mad her hair turns into fire, the bar for diverse non-tough guy characters in video games is so low that it's pretty novel.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Heartcatch posted:

I finally managed to wrench myself away from Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 and start Cold Steel 2.

you still have to cook though

you can't escape the cooking

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so who's ready for game of the year 2018

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Really Pants posted:

you still have to cook though

you can't escape the cooking

それはそれこれわこれ

I don't mind the cooking, it's just I am actually doing ultraviolence in between cooking sessions now.

I am super ready for this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My own original world's greatest detective, Herlock Holmes

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Kojumbo!@

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I'm okay with Sherlock Otome but will it have actual mysteries to solve or is it a static VN?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actual goty is Six Ages sorry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mine will probably be Ace Combat if it ever actually comes out

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Actual goty is Six Ages sorry

Have you ever played King of Dragon Pass? It’s super interesting to contrast the two lore-wise, since the latter is basically from the point of view of the Ram people

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I had a dream where Majora’s Mask 2 was announced...be on the lookout people.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Housh posted:

Kojumbo!@

Mr. Kojangles

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

yeah but also, it was zorldo

sean connery appeared in darksiders?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I had a dream where Majora’s Mask 2 was announced...be on the lookout people.

No joke I had a dream one night about an FF13 sequel in a modernish setting then woke up and found out Lightning Returns had been announced.

No prophetic video game dreams lately, though.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

It will be difficult for anything to beat DJMax Respect for me this year. Now if only they would put the dlc on sale :sweatdrop:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

when's that other otome game i forget the name of coming out

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
romancing saga minstrel song is a game that i want to like but simply can't because of how hosed the event rank system is. the margins are fairly small--about 100 rank exp per phase--and in true saga fashion, you can gain anywhere between 1-54 rank exp per encounter and it's entirely random how much you get.

you can run from battles, which prevents gaining rank exp, but running costs 5 life points, which most characters have <15 of, and it's not uncommon to see dozens and dozens of encounters in a single area

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Have you ever played King of Dragon Pass? It’s super interesting to contrast the two lore-wise, since the latter is basically from the point of view of the Ram people

Yeah that's how I found out about Six Ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone know if Hand of Fate 2 is good/it sounds like a neat concept

• Locked thread