Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MacheteZombie posted:

Wow part of the info dump from today then?

Yeah Manafort’s daughters texts were hacked. Oops lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah Manafort’s daughters texts were hacked. Oops lol

Whoa I really need to catch up with today's news.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Harime Nui posted:

I don't think any public statements given by these guys are exactly reliable. Movies are always fraught with petty internal politics and creative differences. All things being equal it seems more likely to me than Marvel Studios suddenly caring what a tiny minority of internet nerds think.

They’re a bit more accurate than fan fiction my dude

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Casimir Radon posted:

Manafort made his wife get gangbanged by a bunch of guys. She had to get drunk to do it and now has severe psychological problems.

Hoooly poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s disgusting goddamn

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

CelticPredator posted:

That’s disgusting goddamn

It was apparently a regular thing and his kids hated him for making her do it.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

CelticPredator posted:

They’re a bit more accurate than fan fiction my dude

I loving hate the goon use of "fan fiction" as slang for "any attempt at critical thought".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

21 Muns posted:

I loving hate the goon use of "fan fiction" as slang for "any attempt at critical thought".

It’s literally fan fic tho.

It’s assuming a whole story based on nothing but their own imagination and ignoring any evidence we do have if inconvenient

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
"There's probably some internal drama we don't know about" doesn't amount to an entire alternate story----merely that I don't accept the reason given for the firing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s literally fan fic tho.

It’s assuming a whole story based on nothing but their own imagination and ignoring any evidence we do have if inconvenient

I’ll use a different word, made up story then.

Disney has never been shy about throwing their directors under the bus. If there was conflict he would’ve been gone. Gareth Edwards, Edgar Wright, Patty Jenkins, and Lord and Miller are good looks into how quick Disney can turn on you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Casimir Radon posted:

Manafort made his wife get gangbanged by a bunch of guys. She had to get drunk to do it and now has severe psychological problems.

:wtc: where can I find this news article?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

CelticPredator posted:

I’ll use a different word, made up story then.

Disney has never been shy about throwing their directors under the bus. If there was conflict he would’ve been gone. Gareth Edwards, Edgar Wright, Patty Jenkins, and Lord and Miller are good looks into how quick Disney can turn on you.

I'll also agree your opinion on this is worth a lot more than mine!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Obviously this is all a false-flag operation to take the heat off Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm. Obviously.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yep they will have consequences.

lovely people will be punished.

Don’t let the fact this guy politics vaguely align with yours blind you.

It has nothing to do with his politics, it has to do with people acting in bad faith using these techniques as a cudgel against their “enemies” while never actually applying the same standards to their side. The bad faith part is what you should be focusing on - they don’t actually care that he said whatever lovely things. Thus a director gets fired while their pussy grabbing hero became president. It’s about power.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enderzero posted:

It has nothing to do with his politics, it has to do with people acting in bad faith using these techniques as a cudgel against their “enemies” while never actually applying the same standards to their side. The bad faith part is what you should be focusing on - they don’t actually care that he said whatever lovely things. Thus a director gets fired while their pussy grabbing hero became president. It’s about power.

Exactly this.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Enderzero posted:

I honestly don’t give a poo poo about them.

They aren’t terribly relevant.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I can't find anything on manafort being a pimp so I'm gonna assume it's some 4chan meme or something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I can't find anything on manafort being a pimp so I'm gonna assume it's some 4chan meme or something

Who said he was a pimp? The gangbang thing is from leaked texts that are literally all over the news.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Who said he was a pimp? The gangbang thing is from leaked texts that are literally all over the news.

I mean I've been googling various combinations of "manafort wife gangbang" and haven't seen anything as horrific as the comments in this thread

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Sa poster skull.gif has been reading the leaked texts.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861862&pagenumber=36&perpage=40#post486307172

SKULL.GIF posted:

I read all of this. I don't know if it's real but it does line up with the other texts we've seen from Manafort's daughters, it does sound like them, and it does fit with what we know of Manafort, his behavior, and personality

This probably isnt the best thread for this conversation to continue in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Harime Nui posted:

That's actually two different companies---Ike Perlmutter is the CEO of Marvel Entertainment, which controls the comics themselves and TV properties, but has zero control over Marvel Studios, a division of Disney.

I know, he was still the one that chased away Favraeu and Wright, and made Shane Black’s life hell. Feige pulling a power play to get Perlmutter out of the day to day decision making was one of the better moves for the brand.

Doesn’t mean Ike doesn’t have pull at Disney, he’s their guy, they installed him as CEO and he still gets a say in certain things.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Aaso. Didn't realize that.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

CharlestheHammer posted:

I honestly don’t give a poo poo about them.

They aren’t terribly relevant.

Haha speaking of arguing in bad faith. Have a good one.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Enderzero posted:

Haha speaking of arguing in bad faith. Have a good one.

They aren’t you are playing bad team politics.

Like I said if they get someone making poo poo up but hand waving something away do to bad faith or whatever just makes you look bad. If one of these shitheads were getting lambasted for old tweets you would be cool with it. All I’m asking for is consistency.

But you don’t care about that. This isn’t about power or whatever as they have none and didn’t use any. This was a hole James dug himself.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jul 20, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

Like I said if they get someone making poo poo up but hand waving something away do to bad faith or whatever just makes you look bad. If one of these shitheads were getting lambasted for old tweets you would be cool with it. All I’m asking for is consistency.

But you don’t care about that.

Yeah it's weird how people care about punishing actual fascist shitheads any way they can and forgiving people who get their act together and are only targeted for speaking out against the orange pisstits

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah it's weird how people care about punishing actual fascist shitheads any way they can and forgiving people who get their act together and are only targeted for speaking out against the orange pisstits

Yeah it’s lovely and it just makes you look partisan so when you try and point these shitheads out people will dismiss you as partisan.

They also wouldn’t be wrong so you have done way more harm than good.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah it’s lovely and it just makes you look partisan so when you try and point these shitheads out people will dismiss you as partisan.

Oh good, I'm glad the Radical Alt-Centrist has descended upon the thread to enlighten us all of the error of our ways.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Harime Nui posted:

Aaso. Didn't realize that.

Yeah, the worst I heard was making Shane Black rewrite the third act of IM3 because he wouldn’t allow a woman to be the villain. The reasoning given was that boys wouldn’t buy an action figure of a girl.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestheHammer posted:

:decorum:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

James Gunn made dumb edgelord jokes ten years ago. Not only were they public this whole time, but his entire early career was literally based on this. He loving wrote Tromeo and Juliet for Christ's sake. This whole thing is bullshit and has made my interest level in GotG go to zero.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Doesn’t mean Ike doesn’t have pull at Disney, he’s their guy, they installed him as CEO and he still gets a say in certain things.

Eh, Perlmutter has been CEO of Marvel since 2005, having been involved with the company in one capacity or another since the early 90s. He was apparently offered a place on the board at Disney after they bought Marvel but said no.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Sa poster skull.gif has been reading the leaked texts.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3861862&pagenumber=36&perpage=40#post486307172

This probably isnt the best thread for this conversation to continue in.

Oh my dear lord in heaven.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Oh good, I'm glad the Radical Alt-Centrist has descended upon the thread to enlighten us all of the error of our ways.

They were here the whole time who do you think is defending James. That’s the most centralist thing possible.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

They were here the whole time who do you think is defending James.

Take tom friedman's dick out of your mouth, you're making no sense

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Take tom friedman's dick out of your mouth, you're making no sense

I’m sorry you don’t like being called out on your lovely centralism.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Tweets were dumb but a partisan attack by a rapist is a partisan attack by a rapist and Disney jumped the Gunn (see what I did there?)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m sorry you don’t like being called out on your lovely centralism.

The only person who has been called out is you. You also posted in the RLM thread you have no idea who actual rapist Cernovich is, so gently caress off.

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is centrist bullshit. The only one being "centralist" here is you.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Donald Trump is president of the USA you loving idiot. Who gives a poo poo what "they" do, this is already the worst case scenario, every day.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ah yes, wouldn't want to appear partisan. Then members of a political party that's completely disconnected from reality which believes in paranoid conspiracy theories, dystopian level of wealth disparity, and dark age religious extremism wouldn't take you seriously after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

The only person who has been called out is you. You also posted in the RLM thread you have no idea who actual rapist Cernovich is, so gently caress off.

This is centrist bullshit. The only one being "centralist" here is you.

I don’t think I ever posted in the RLM thread.

Also that isn’t what centralism is no.