Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

GWBBQ posted:

"When the parliament passed the law on hate speech I said it then and I'm saying it now, this is an attack on the 1st Amendment and blood will be shed."
:confused:

terminally online anglophones tend to adopt random american laws as their own, see also sovereign citizens in canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did we know that weird Mike got James Gunn fired from doing Marvel movies by “reporting” on a 10-year-old tweet that linked to a deleted video that made rape joke that he saw as part of the pizzagate code?

I’m looking for something substantive to link.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

business hammocks posted:

Did we know that weird Mike got James Gunn fired from doing Marvel movies by “reporting” on a 10-year-old tweet that linked to a deleted video that made rape joke that he saw as part of the pizzagate code?

I’m looking for something substantive to link.

Isn't Strange Michael a rapist?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Now I can safely write off all Marvel and Disney movies forever. Thanks, Mike.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m sure they have a whole research division going after Coogler too, unless they like Black Panther for presenting an opportunity to speak approvingly of separatist ethnostates.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

This has to be somebody trolling the nazis. It’s rap lyrics for gently caress’s sake.

chezroxwell is a very devoted troll who is cool and good

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/laurenbergk/status/1020393767583576064?s=19

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Don't know what's more hosed up: it taking you this long to write off Marvel and Disney movies forever or that Mike made you do it

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

alt-right dude: it's actually good to hit yourself in the head with hammers, mallets, things like that

Pener Kropoopkin: *puts down hammer* loving finally

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Yeah, unless you’re one of the emotionally destroyed shells at red letter media (who have been destroyed mentally by having to see and take notes on every one of those loving movies) or something, you don’t have to see any movie.

You’re free*.

*restrictions apply

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Patriot Front member (former Hammerskin) in the PNW outed with lots of little details about how they like to trigger the media and so on:

https://twitter.com/WANaziWatch/status/1020359447648993285

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Crossposting from simpsons memes

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Patriot Front member (former Hammerskin) in the PNW outed with lots of little details about how they like to trigger the media and so on:

It's like that nazi agitprop that just made antifa look like queer badasses.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

hammer foreskin

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

hammer foreskin

The chances are good that they have foreskin restoration as a national priority.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

i cant believe elmer woodard, ace attorney, couldnt get him off

coathat
May 21, 2007

The chances are good that they have foreskin restoration as a national priority.

Who doesn’t?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

cumshitter posted:

i cant believe elmer woodard, ace attorney, couldnt get him off

Goood niiiight ladiiiiies...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Stan Taylor posted:

Isn't Strange Michael a rapist?

yeah but he said the right words and Disney fired a good writer/director. what sucks is on facebook i have seen a bunch superficial moron liberals call it a victory instead of going after mike and chuds because going after real monsters like cernovich is hard. whats cool is most people are seeing that's as bullshit firing pushed by actual monsters. the chuds know how to play liberals like a fiddle.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah but he said the right words and Disney fired a good writer/director. what sucks is on facebook i have seen a bunch superficial moron liberals call it a victory instead of going after mike and chuds because going after real monsters like cernovich is hard. whats cool is most people are seeing that's as bullshit firing pushed by actual monsters.

well you could go for both.

no need to choose.

though I don’t know what you would even fire Mike from. He doesn’t have a real job.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm still dumbfounded that the american right radicalized over loving video games

this article about the guy who killed his dad is something

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/josephbernstein/lane-davis-ralph-retort-seattle4truth-alt-right

Kurtofan has issued a correction as of 23:25 on Jul 20, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kurtofan posted:

I'm still dumbfounded that the american right radicalized over loving video games

this article about the guy who killed his dad is something

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/josephbernstein/lane-davis-ralph-retort-seattle4truth-alt-right

stupid is as stupid does is real apparently.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Think of all the Bavarians who went Nazi because they let a Jew into the opera house.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah but he said the right words and Disney fired a good writer/director. what sucks is on facebook i have seen a bunch superficial moron liberals call it a victory instead of going after mike and chuds because going after real monsters like cernovich is hard. whats cool is most people are seeing that's as bullshit firing pushed by actual monsters. the chuds know how to play liberals like a fiddle.

It’s their only trick. Remember that they originally organized and rose to prominence appealing to the liberal value of free speech, conceptualized as contextless, neutral allowance of two equal sides that must receive a platform (ie peak liberalism).

Without rules of decorum to manipulate in bad faith, they have nothing and scatter like cockroaches. It’s an entire movement built out of finding loopholes in mother’s bedtime or computer time rules.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Like, the punchline to Milo Yiannopolis’ antics is that whatever he did, he fell back on, “I’m a gay Jew who has sex with black people,” which is a transparent attempt to weaponize popular understanding of identity politics and structural racism, and the nazis clearly expected everyone to go “curses, he’s got us there, boys!” I guess it’s the nazi version of the liberal West Wing fantasy where a well-placed “by your logic” defeats the bigot and everyone claps.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

It’s their only trick. Remember that they originally organized and rose to prominence appealing to the liberal value of free speech, conceptualized as contextless, neutral allowance of two equal sides that must receive a platform (ie peak liberalism).

Without rules of decorum to manipulate in bad faith, they have nothing and scatter like cockroaches. It’s an entire movement built out of finding loopholes in mother’s bedtime or computer time rules.

Is sa an example of a place they cant survive?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Uncle Wemus posted:

they can survive in GBS just fine. Decorum is still a thing there

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

It seems to be the consensus of the various offsite havens for banned posters (including nazi hub MyPostingCareer) that racists can’t post openly here or can’t post openly without getting dogpiled, and that discourages them from posting.

On the other hand, gbs had elements of the narrow edge of the ironic racism wedge that operated for years pre-gamergate.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
sa does have standards you know, that eron dipshits 1000 word screed about his breakup got like gassed and banned instantly. but that crosses the line of decorum, and the gbs nazis will hide behind decorum when convenient

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I knew he would do this:

https://twitter.com/jacks365/status/1020339550240100358

edit: gently caress I thought that was real :smith:

Mr Interweb has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Jul 21, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

see also their standard "act insanely vile to make decent people tell them to shut the gently caress up, then run away claiming they are oppressed"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I dunno how Sam Harris thought he was gonna boost black poverty being their own fault and not come out smelling like poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I dunno how Sam Harris thought he was gonna boost black poverty being their own fault and not come out smelling like poo poo.

He's had a cadre of nerds telling him that he's the best and smartest for more than a decade. He's warped.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

With Bill Cosby facing rape charges a new hero must rise to tell black teenagers to pull up their pants

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

pushpins posted:

With Bill Cosby facing rape charges a new hero must rise to tell black teenagers to pull up their pants

Bill Cosby already faced rape charges and is now awaiting sentencing...

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

hey all his friends like christina "im a feminist!!! *proceeds to say poo poo that even phyllis schlafly couldn't have said with a straight face" hoff-sommers and andrew sullivan were boosting it too!

but yeah uh, that coleman kid's "essay" is exactly what i'd expect coming out of an undergrad: poorly-researched and thought out, doesn't actually engage with scholarship, and if this is what the ivy league produces then nothing of value is lost by not going there imo

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
wow his reddit hates him lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The value of the Ivy League is the old boys’ club fast-tracks it opens up if you can say the right things at the right times. the wingnut media circuit can be profitable and even sometimes gets you into the loving White House at age 32.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

hey all his friends like christina "im a feminist!!! *proceeds to say poo poo that even phyllis schlafly couldn't have said with a straight face" hoff-sommers and andrew sullivan were boosting it too!

but yeah uh, that coleman kid's "essay" is exactly what i'd expect coming out of an undergrad: poorly-researched and thought out, doesn't actually engage with scholarship, and if this is what the ivy league produces then nothing of value is lost by not going there imo

It's not just them, but even John McWhorter, who I thought was a pretty decent dude helped signal boost that lovely paper.

Reclines Obesily posted:

wow his reddit hates him lol

Looks like he lost a lot of good will after he hosted Charles Murray and got into that feud with Ezra Klein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Austrian far-right politician suggests registry for Jews. What could possibly go wrong?
https://www.newsweek.com/austrian-far-right-lawmaker-proposes-jews-register-if-they-want-buy-kosher-1030319