Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Carl Killer Miller posted:

I started watching through their Mega Man Zero 2 playthrough, which is one of their earliest ones, and it was terrible. Do they get better?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Judge, I think you guys are great and that's coming from someone who's really garbage.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
MMZ and MMZ2 were the MDC in the purest form, before they were corrupted by such things as "fame" and "triple digit viewership", a more innocent time

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I say this with peace and love, this man heard about us and somehow opted to enter in chronologically with the LP we did in 2004 or whatever it was. I don't think we are going to "work" for this type of person, and thats ok. I appreciate the kind words though, thank you.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

malkav11 posted:

If we're talking Men Drinkin' Coffee, Ride to Hell: Retribution is IMO their classic.

Golden Compass is still the best one

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

discworld is all I read posted:

Judge, I think you guys are great and that's coming from someone who's really garbage.

excuse me you are not garbage!!

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

discworld is all I read posted:

Same on both counts. All forms of trash love MDC.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The MDC always seems to end up playing games where you pick up garbage so it all works out

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I had persistent bursitis but then I started watching MDC and it went away

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The MDC always seems to end up playing games where you pick up garbage so it all works out

Have they done skyrim yet

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

judge reinhold posted:

I say this with peace and love, this man heard about us and somehow opted to enter in chronologically with the LP we did in 2004 or whatever it was. I don't think we are going to "work" for this type of person, and thats ok. I appreciate the kind words though, thank you.

If you don't love me at my Megaman Zero 2 you don't deserve me at my Star Ocean 4

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Any recommendations for Way of the Samurai 2+? Someone did the first one here a good while back, but that looks to be the only one.

Someone who knows what they're doing, preferably.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I'm looking for an SSLP from a couple years ago that I can't seem to find on the LPArchive. It was of a game called "Fate of the world". The game is about global warming; the player takes the role of the director of a international organization tasked with making global policy decisions about things like implementing electric vehicles, banning coal and oil power, etc. The LP was a goon participation one where goons voted on which policies to implement. Does anyone have a link to the thread archive?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Spoggerific posted:

I'm looking for an SSLP from a couple years ago that I can't seem to find on the LPArchive. It was of a game called "Fate of the world". The game is about global warming; the player takes the role of the director of a international organization tasked with making global policy decisions about things like implementing electric vehicles, banning coal and oil power, etc. The LP was a goon participation one where goons voted on which policies to implement. Does anyone have a link to the thread archive?

It was on the master list, here you go.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I tried searching through the front page and it didn't show up there, but I didn't even know that page existed. Thanks!

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Is there an informative/lore exploration LP for Little Nightmares and its DLC?

Failing that, any informative/lore exploration of horror games in general? I've already gone through the recommended LPs in the OP.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sociopastry posted:

Is there an informative/lore exploration LP for Little Nightmares and its DLC?

Failing that, any informative/lore exploration of horror games in general? I've already gone through the recommended LPs in the OP.

The Little Nightmares LP currently on the forum has some "Let's Explain" side videos that go into the lore a bit. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836104

The main LP isn't very lore heavy, although I think it was nicely done. The main game is finished, but it looks like the LPer has too much life stuff going on to get to the DLC anytime soon though.

So I'm not quite sure if this is what you're looking for, but it's there.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Perfect, thanks.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Carbon dioxide posted:

The Little Nightmares LP currently on the forum has some "Let's Explain" side videos that go into the lore a bit. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836104

The main LP isn't very lore heavy, although I think it was nicely done. The main game is finished, but it looks like the LPer has too much life stuff going on to get to the DLC anytime soon though.

So I'm not quite sure if this is what you're looking for, but it's there.

I know that the original requester said he was already going to watch it, but I wanted to add my kudos to this LP. It's exceptionally well done, and JohnOfOrdo3 does a great job giving Six more personality.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

habeasdorkus posted:

I know that the original requester said he was already going to watch it, but I wanted to add my kudos to this LP. It's exceptionally well done, and JohnOfOrdo3 does a great job giving Six more personality.

I'll Nth this recommendation. The only other VLP that even comes close to how the Subtitles are incorporated into the game is RealSovietBear's VLP of "Typing of the Dead: Overkill". It's a joy to watch.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

berryjon posted:

I'll Nth this recommendation. The only other VLP that even comes close to how the Subtitles are incorporated into the game is RealSovietBear's VLP of "Typing of the Dead: Overkill". It's a joy to watch.
That was a goddamn masterpiece of LPing. Fun game with an entertaining plot, too.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Okay. This is an odd one, but Dan/Nerd Cubed and Jon/Many A True Nerd's The Crew 2 road trip might just be the best thing on Youtube since Bully Demise. It's genuinely a Top Gear special, but with a bunch of even less competent clowns trying to do a road trip across the whole of America, with no HUD. Marvel at how broken The Crew 2's map is in the corners that nobody should visit, gawk at the repeated signs for Wine Country and how you can travel in a circle - but San Bernadino is always 5 miles away - and enjoy lovely mountainside vistas as the dumbass that brought a Harley Davidson dies repeatedly on a mountain climb.

It uses three perspectives, Dan's, Jon's and the third guy, Matt's, so there's hardly ever a dull moment. It's only up to part 3 so far, and they've gone from Los Angeles to San Francisco.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Thank you for linking this. It is gloriously stupid.

I will say, these three Brits have a much better grasp of California's layout than I would of anywhere in the Isles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I will say, these three Brits have a much better grasp of California's layout than I would of California

Hell, same.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

judge reinhold posted:

That's a lot of assumptions for someone who couldn't appreciate the subtleties of Detroit: Still A Person (or whatever)

really though you guys got a lot better, FFXIII was great

I was joking about the assumptions thing, please don't crumble before me

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Okay. This is an odd one, but Dan/Nerd Cubed and Jon/Many A True Nerd's The Crew 2 road trip might just be the best thing on Youtube since Bully Demise. It's genuinely a Top Gear special, but with a bunch of even less competent clowns trying to do a road trip across the whole of America, with no HUD.

This is fantastic and my only complaint is that I wish the episodes were longer, really. The journey to Seattle is goddamn glorious; I'm not great at geography, but even I know that Death Valley is in California and not Nevada. I can't wait for the realization of just how wrong that claim was to kick in.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Dragonatrix posted:

This is fantastic and my only complaint is that I wish the episodes were longer, really. The journey to Canada is goddamn glorious;

Fixed that for you.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Apparently Nerd^3 walked across the US in The Crew 2 a month ago.

Edit: OK, didn't walk all the way, because the map stops loading assets some distance away from the starting camp.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 29, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SelenicMartian posted:

Apparently Nerd^3 walked across the US in The Crew 2 a month ago.

Edit: OK, didn't walk all the way, because the map stops loading assets some distance away from the starting camp.

Still probably got farther than that one goon.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mega64 posted:

Still probably got farther than that one goon.

it sounds like there's a story here that i missed

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
There sure is.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i appreciate the link. E/N is basically the one sub on the site i absolutely refuse to go to. life's hard enough without absorbing the poo poo in there.

but naturally that also means i miss the outrageous stories that unravel there so having that filtered to some extent is mega helpful.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

In case you don't feel like getting into an 80 page thread, do, it's seriously amazing.

The guy ends up with a PTSD from going on a stroll in a public park.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Okay. This is an odd one, but Dan/Nerd Cubed and Jon/Many A True Nerd's The Crew 2 road trip might just be the best thing on Youtube since Bully Demise. It's genuinely a Top Gear special, but with a bunch of even less competent clowns trying to do a road trip across the whole of America, with no HUD. Marvel at how broken The Crew 2's map is in the corners that nobody should visit, gawk at the repeated signs for Wine Country and how you can travel in a circle - but San Bernadino is always 5 miles away - and enjoy lovely mountainside vistas as the dumbass that brought a Harley Davidson dies repeatedly on a mountain climb.

It uses three perspectives, Dan's, Jon's and the third guy, Matt's, so there's hardly ever a dull moment. It's only up to part 3 so far, and they've gone from Los Angeles to San Francisco.

Thank you, a lot.

Oh christ I remember this. Oh my god reading this thread is like if a thread was an LP of absolute failure. I mean shame about the guy's mental illness and all. At the same time I don't think anyone was as clearly warned as that guy was.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Coolguye posted:

i appreciate the link. E/N is basically the one sub on the site i absolutely refuse to go to. life's hard enough without absorbing the poo poo in there.

but naturally that also means i miss the outrageous stories that unravel there so having that filtered to some extent is mega helpful.

Sometimes it's worth it - Things That Make You Happy is a new thread that's been making me smile.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Holy poo poo, it reads like a checklist of "watch closely what this guy does, then do the exact opposite" :distonk:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 30, 2018

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
I liked both of Jadestars XCOM playthroughs. Can someone recommend a Let's Play of the XCOM2 expansion War of the Chosen?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sociopastry posted:

I wouldn't recommend it per se, but if you liked Little Nightmares you may enjoy my Inside run.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'll recommend it. It's a good LP of a good game.

Also watch their Metro LPs, they're good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

I wouldn't recommend it per se, but if you liked Little Nightmares you may enjoy my Inside run.

I did enjoy that! I'd love to see you do a run of other similar games- are you planning on doing any others?