Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
tofes (until 10:55 AM EST)
Boomer The Cannon
corn on the cop
Jordan7hm
Technetium

Skipped:
eXXon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'll take Oliver Bjorkstrand and hope he shoots better than 6% next season.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like Bjorkstrand a lot -- I probably overrate him but I feel like he could score 30 with the right TOI/line.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I was at work, so here to post my roster so far - might I say I am very pleased with the youth, the contracts, and the abilities of my players!

Hall-Larkin-Eberle (love this first line)
Tolvanen-Zibanejad-???
???-Faksa-???

Provorov-???
Ekholm-Severson (love this second pairing - two players who complement each other really well and both are locked into cheap contracts)

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Larkin is interesting, he looked fantastic at the WC with real linemates and I'd like to see what he could do with Zadina/Mantha in the future.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ehlers - Monahan - Bjorkstrand
Schwartz - Horvat - Tuch

Brodie - Karlsson
- Niskanen

This team might win a few games or maybe it won't. I don't even care, do you?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Larkin is interesting, he looked fantastic at the WC with real linemates and I'd like to see what he could do with Zadina/Mantha in the future.

Yep. I wanted him centering Hall because I think he would put up 75-80 - his speed is a serious weapon and last year he took playing center extremely well with garbage linemates.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fawning deference posted:

I was at work, so here to post my roster so far - might I say I am very pleased with the youth, the contracts, and the abilities of my players!

Hall-Larkin-Eberle (love this first line)
Tolvanen-Zibanejad-???
???-Faksa-???

Provorov-???
Ekholm-Severson (love this second pairing - two players who complement each other really well and both are locked into cheap contracts)

I like this team. It's got like half my hockey crushes on it.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
the las vegas golden knights are proud to select josh morrissey

boomerthecannon is up

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I thought Morrissey was taken, great value this late.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

??? - Quine - Brouwer
??? - ??? - Clutterbuck

Greene - Ekblad
Pouliot - ???

MAF
Rittich

Jack Hughes, come on down!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mamma Lucia posted:

??? - Quine - Brouwer
??? - ??? - Clutterbuck

Greene - Ekblad
Pouliot - ???

MAF
Rittich

Jack Hughes, come on down

What have you wrought

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

T-Bone posted:

I thought Morrissey was taken, great value this late.

he's real good and young too, a future 1/2 dman that I think is real good depth on the second pairing right now

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Mamma Lucia posted:

??? - Quine - Brouwer
??? - ??? - Clutterbuck

Greene - Ekblad
Pouliot - ???

MAF
Rittich

i don't think you need a defenseman

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

What have you wrought

clearly MAF and Ekblad have committed some unforgivable crime in their past lives, which is the only reason i can think of why they would be punished by the RNGods so.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Morrissey was going to be my pick and was almost my last one gosh darn it

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I have great young center depth, good passing left wingers, some scoring right wingers, a defenseman, and a goalie whose high quality start percentage might be able to cover for the lack of defensemen, so far.

Buchnevich-Matthews-Boeser
Heinen-Point-Kase
-Dubois-

Skjei-

Grubauer

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Mamma Lucia posted:

??? - Quine - Brouwer
??? - ??? - Clutterbuck

Greene - Ekblad
Pouliot - ???

MAF
Rittich

Dont forget coach mike babcock

My roster is a-ok so far. Youngish core all locked down on decent deals in where i have tons of rfas and no expiring contracts yet

Domi stamkos gallagher
??? Terovainen ????
Debrusk ??? ?????

Pietrangelo hanifin
Ristolainen

Carey loving price

Already have a better team than the real habs

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

Domi stamkos gallagher
??? Terovainen ????
Debrusk ??? ?????

Pietrangelo hanifin
Ristolainen

Carey loving price

Heh. Weird, but I dig it.

Mamma Lucia posted:

??? - Quine - Brouwer
??? - ??? - Clutterbuck

Greene - Ekblad
Pouliot - ???

MAF
Rittich

:stare:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Mamma Lucia posted:

??? - Quine - Brouwer
??? - ??? - Clutterbuck

Greene - Ekblad
Pouliot - ???

MAF
Rittich

Stanley Cup champion right here

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Ginette Reno posted:

So teams I like so far:

my fun n gun goalstravaganza suspiciously absent

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Teemu going to end up with Dion Phaneuf/Eric Gudbrandson 1st line pairing.

you don't get the show

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 21, 2018

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Winnipeg takes Zach Hyman.

Hyman- Tavares - Bailey
Huberdeau - Turris - TBD

Werenski - Trouba
TBD - Larsson

Saros

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Vancouver needs some youth and a big shooter on the second line. Daniel Sprong fits the bill and projects to play a big role coming off a sensational rookie season in the AHL.

Panarin - Backlund - Rakell
Johansson - Granlund - Sprong

X - Klingberg
Klefbom - Stralman

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 21, 2018

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There are about 40 guys since 2005 who have 2 shots per game as teenagers. While his counting numbers are bad, this player managed to shoot that much while playing only 13 minutes a game with very little powerplay time, and he put up good possession numbers on a bad team. He's a physical specimen. In real life his numbers are going to look good as he's going to stick beside the likely best player in the world, in this imaginary life he's going to stick next to a really solid two way center who can feed him the puck while still covering up his mistakes and letting him run wild offensively.

The Carolina Hurricanes select Jesse Puljujärvi.

quote:

Guentzel - ROR - Laine
Vrana - Trochek - Puljujärvi

Suter
Yandle

Quick

It is possible (likely?) that Edmonton fucks this one up in real life, but I'm counting on his talent shining through. I'll hopefully have a couple more veteran wingers around who are able to push Puljujarvi and Vrana down the lineup to more sheltered minutes in case they can't step up.

e:

Next up
Tech
HootTheOwl
a false
T-Bone

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

There are about 40 guys since 2005 who have 2 shots per game as teenagers. While his counting numbers are bad, this player managed to shoot that much while playing only 13 minutes a game with very little powerplay time, and he put up good possession numbers on a bad team. He's a physical specimen. In real life his numbers are going to look good as he's going to stick beside the likely best player in the world, in this imaginary life he's going to stick next to a really solid two way center who can feed him the puck while still covering up his mistakes and letting him run wild offensively.

The Carolina Hurricanes select Jesse Puljujärvi.

For what it's worth, Puljujarvi won't even be McDavid's RW because the Oilers are dumb. He might not even end up as Draisaitl's RW. So he'll struggle to produce because he has lovely linemates and then the Oilers will give up on him mid-season and trade him and he'll flourish with his new team because this organization sucks.

Technetium has until 1:12 PM EST.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kilza posted:

For what it's worth, Puljujarvi won't even be McDavid's RW because the Oilers are dumb. He might not even end up as Draisaitl's RW. So he'll struggle to produce because he has lovely linemates and then the Oilers will give up on him mid-season and trade him and he'll flourish with his new team because this organization sucks.

Technetium has until 1:12 PM EST.

This would also be acceptable to me.

In fact, given I hate the Oilers, this would be preferable.

If he was Russian instead of Finnish I would be more worried about him flaming out, but I think he'll get a few more chances before he gets labelled a bust.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I'm going to take first round talent with Tyler Johnson

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Calagary Flames are proud to throw Brandon "The Minotaur" Montour" onto the fire that is our team. Feel the heat this season in Calgary! Season tickets available now!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

a false (2:38 PM EST)
T-Bone
Drunk Canuck
Good Soldier Svejk
Ginette Reno
rex rabidorum vires

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Technetium posted:

I'm going to take first round talent with Tyler Johnson

Top ten talent

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I can again probably guess who T-Bone takes here

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
Rangers select Filip Chytil.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

a false posted:

Rangers select Filip Chytil.

That's who I thought T-Bone would take. Chytil owns

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
It sucks, because I don't do this anymore, but about half way through the draft I think of a cool gimmick I could have used. I think it would have been neat to only pick players 30-years old or older.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Twin Cinema posted:

It sucks, because I don't do this anymore, but about half way through the draft I think of a cool gimmick I could have used. I think it would have been neat to only pick players 30-years old or older.

the kings already have you covered

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

Sup. :smug:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

T-Bone only has 13 minutes left to pick

Next up:
T-Bone (until 3:24 PM EST)
Drunk Canuck
Good Soldier Svejk
Ginette Reno
rex rabidorum vires
Aphrodite

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Let's go with Oliver Wahlstrom even if he probably doesn't make the Islanders because I need a (maybe) elite trigger man and his USHL year was insane. This seems like another Kyle Connor situation and I think (real) teams are going to regret letting him go 11th.

Mittlestadt-Eichel-Zadina
Pettersson-Necas-Wahlstrom

Dahlin-Heiskanen
McAvoy-

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Drunk Canuck selects Valeri Nichushkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Brett Pesce phone posting so I think no one took him yet.