Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

jerry seinfel posted:

ill take a litle person that speaks only in riddles and rhyme

gotta be this answer imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Doc Hawkins posted:

Prana-bindu training.
Pretty much all the Bene Gesserit training. Truthsense, Voice, you name it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

SubponticatePoster posted:

Pretty much all the Bene Gesserit training. Truthsense, Voice, you name it.

Yeah but they said "one piece."

Actually, I'd like to change my answer to the Missionaria Protectiva.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

IIRC it's a genetically modified human woman that is essentially a growth vat for tleilaxu genetic experiments. I want to make chairdogs. And space drugs, and clone my dead girlfriend.

E:do you think anyone ever hosed an axlotl tank?

*extremely scytale impression* buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

*extremely scytale impression* buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I’d want the poison detector that said “safe”

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I got your weirding module right here *points at groin with both index fingers*

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I got your weirding module right here *points at groin with both index fingers*

In that it's weird looking and detachable :smuggo:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Detatchable e-nis.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

IIRC it's a genetically modified human woman that is essentially a growth vat for tleilaxu genetic experiments. I want to make chairdogs. And space drugs, and clone my dead girlfriend.

E:do you think anyone ever hosed an axlotl tank?

It's Tuesday, and old Frank the axlotl maintenance guy has to wash out Tank #33742457, they were growing a batch of spice but something went wrong and samples came out anise flavored instead of cinnamon. He's walking down the aisle of twenty-foot tall flesh spheres, pulling a pressure washer and carrying a bucket full of sponges, spray bottles full of chemicals, and a squeegee. Just another day on the job. He reaches his assigned tank, and wonders again why they made the entrance so small and surrounded by hair. But he gloves up anyways, he knows the trick to get in through that small entrance and by break time he'll have that tank spic-'n-span.

On his way out he reaches up and rubs the little button over the door until the tank starts quivering. He doesn't know the real reason he was taught to do that, but he figures it's just for good luck. He gathers his tools, lights a spice cigarette, and heads off to find a pot of coffee and a quiet place to take his lunch break.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I'm going to print out ten thousand copies of that post and burn you to death on top of a pyre of them.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Murray Mantoinette posted:

I'm going to print out ten thousand copies of that post and burn you to death on top of a pyre of them.

You know, that's entirely fair and I would allow it to happen.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

rndmnmbr posted:

It's Tuesday, and old Frank the axlotl maintenance guy has to wash out Tank #33742457, they were growing a batch of spice but something went wrong and samples came out anise flavored instead of cinnamon. He's walking down the aisle of twenty-foot tall flesh spheres, pulling a pressure washer and carrying a bucket full of sponges, spray bottles full of chemicals, and a squeegee. Just another day on the job. He reaches his assigned tank, and wonders again why they made the entrance so small and surrounded by hair. But he gloves up anyways, he knows the trick to get in through that small entrance and by break time he'll have that tank spic-'n-span.

On his way out he reaches up and rubs the little button over the door until the tank starts quivering. He doesn't know the real reason he was taught to do that, but he figures it's just for good luck. He gathers his tools, lights a spice cigarette, and heads off to find a pot of coffee and a quiet place to take his lunch break.

:kiss:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I want a Dune Blue Stripe Logs article now. I didn't know that I needed this in my life before, but I do now.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I want a Dune Blue Stripe Logs article now. I didn't know that I needed this in my life before, but I do now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This post, with the completely necessary context of the one that preceded it, is my favorite of the year so far

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Halloween Jack posted:

The glossary at the back of Dune mentions ships designed to Constructicon themselves together and attack strongpoints by falling on them. I think Paul mentions them once, in passing. It never comes up again.

I love the dune glossary

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I want a slig burger :burger:

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Turn your monitor off

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

“I’m a PC”

“And I’m a Mac”

*gets beaten to death by hundreds of frantic future-luddite technojihadis*

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

“I’m a PC”

“And I’m a Mac”

*gets beaten to death by hundreds of frantic future-luddite technojihadis*

Really dodged a bullet, there

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

rndmnmbr posted:

There is a place that is terrifying to us

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

My dad avoided the "what are axlotl tanks" questions over the years with the deftness of a mentat. I read the dune series for the first time around the release of Emperor: Battle For Dune and in fact that game is likely why i finally read the series.

I basically crashed open his door while reading heretics screaming at him like this horrifying thing was his fault lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

ah, so THIS is what's in the place i dare not look

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I would like to express my feelings beyond a quote with a witty dune line. I love that disgusting interpretation of the tanks

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I guess Villeneuve has found his Muad'Dib.

https://twitter.com/DuneAuthor/status/1019037122865422336

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My guess is picking an obscure French-American actor in his mid-20s who looks the part and is known for roles in good art films is better than dressing up John Travolta.

TRAVOLTA IS MUAD'DIB.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
But he might be a good beast rabban

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I want to know who will be the baron

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

melissa mccarthy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Alec Baldwin in his Trump impression (actually this sounds terrible)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Testikles posted:

patton "the bloodguzzler" oswalt

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

patton "the bloodguzzler" oswalt

Patton Oswalt as Yueh, only when Jessica finds out his wife is dead she doesn’t believe the Harkonnens killed her and just starts posting online about how he did it himself.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Fingers crossed for Helen Mirren as RM Mohiam :stwoon::dance:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Testikles posted:

Just get the guy who did it in the miniseries. There's no topping him anyway.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
John Goodman as the Baron

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Fingers crossed for Helen Mirren as RM Mohiam :stwoon::dance:
Kull wahad. Ian McKellan for Shaddam.

Testikles posted:

John Goodman Roseanne Barr as the Baron

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

SubponticatePoster posted:

Kull wahad. Ian McKellan for Shaddam.

*saxophone plays as the camera pans around a small table with Rabban, Feyd, Piter and then the Baron*

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Bring Patric steward back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
kyle maclachlan as shaddam