Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I would be surprised if they won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

lol the jiffy bag wasn't for him [wiggo] because he didn't literally sign for it

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Say tom-my dumoulin, say tommy dumoulin

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

lol the jiffy bag wasn't for him [wiggo] because he didn't literally sign for it

I feel like you're rather cherry picking a line there very out of context

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sagan doesn't really have to give a poo poo any more.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Also they've scheduled the absolute worst stages for the weekend.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Also they've scheduled the absolute worst stages for the weekend.

yeah it's loving poo poo why did they do this?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The ITT is on next saturday but everything good has been midweek so far.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Ostensibly it’s about crowd size control. They have their hands full enough with drunkards on a random Thursday. Sunday would be chaos.

Eventually they’re just going to have to put barriers and guards bottom to top. Pleading with crowds to not to be idiots isn’t going to cut it.

Also, I checked my post history to see if id already talked about this and apparently I’ve been saying almost literally the exact same thing about Quintana for at least two years now. Dammit dude, you were the chosen one!

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Wiggo is actually managing to be interesting and not a twat, I'm quite surprised.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Dangerllama posted:

Ostensibly it’s about crowd size control. They have their hands full enough with drunkards on a random Thursday. Sunday would be chaos.

Eventually they’re just going to have to put barriers and guards bottom to top. Pleading with crowds to not to be idiots isn’t going to cut it.

Also, I checked my post history to see if id already talked about this and apparently I’ve been saying almost literally the exact same thing about Quintana for at least two years now. Dammit dude, you were the chosen one!

They cant barrier a 12km climb, and the issue on Alp D'huez came because people were ignoring the barriers there anyway. What will happen is they'll close the road off completely. Probably make it ticketed entry only or something to make a bit more cash.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Izaguirre not happy with Slagter there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The peloton is 16km behind the lead rider lmao. This tour has been utterly dreadful.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
How is Sagan still there, he's ridiculous.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Think this might be one for the breakaway today, not sure they're going to pull them back

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao Sagan finished 4th what in the world.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Hell of an effort from Omar

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

serious gaylord posted:

Lmao Sagan finished 4th what in the world.

I used to think Sagan could probably take a try at riding for the GC if he gave microscopically more of a gently caress.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The peloton is so far behind the uninterrupted coverage has finished and i've had to put it back on the normal channel.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Check out my Sagan-themed breakcore soundsystem, The Central Massive

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Dan Martin has the worst luck of any bike rider i've ever known.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Froomes almost riding solo here

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think Froomes gonna have a go here.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

GRAVITY SUCKS

DEFY GRAVITY

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Froome looks like he's staying away from the train on purpose

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Dumoulin has been dropped.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
C'mon big Tom

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Dumoulin has been dropped.

Big Tommy will just do his solo MTT thing and get back.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Big D leading out big G again then

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Big Tom murdering fools

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

HappyCamperGL posted:

And then attack

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HappyCamperGL posted:

And then attack, just like Froome lmao.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Geraint wants the (big Tommy) D

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Froome just dropped Tom D. He's helping Thomas.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
They just can't drop him.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Tad anticlimactic

e: and nairo loses time of course

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
Because I imagine media will try to sensationalize any story to add drama - how much validity is there to a Froome Thomas drama? Like how likely is it at this point that Thomas just runs to the finish? I ask this as someone who really only started paying attention a bit last year.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

peanut- posted:

How is Sagan still there, he's ridiculous.

He probably gets a pass on pull duties and gets to save up a bit more energy than everyone else.
Can't just hide like that when he wants to win a classic, but no skin off anyone's back on a stage.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Wippersnapper posted:

Because I imagine media will try to sensationalize any story to add drama - how much validity is there to a Froome Thomas drama? Like how likely is it at this point that Thomas just runs to the finish? I ask this as someone who really only started paying attention a bit last year.

If froome hadn't won the giro then possibly they'd let him go, but there is no way sky are giving up the opportunity of the double

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

Skarsnik posted:

If froome hadn't won the giro then possibly they'd let him go, but there is no way sky are giving up the opportunity of the double

I'd imagine then Thomas is either really humble or simply paid enough to do what is asked? It looked to me like today was more about, if they weren't going to shake Dumoulin, then just working together to distance Bardet?

Is it conceivable that they just want Froome in second to avoid media in light of his drug case?