Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bajaj posted:

https://nextshark.com/chinese-girl-escalator-bleeds-head-stuck/

You know how they have those plastic things between escalators and walls so people don't get their heads cut off or arms broken? This is why. Look at the images to see this dumb rear end kid.

im the guy with the camera just filming some random people going up an escalator. 看热闹

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

It's illegal to ship live animals here? Is that why they're packaged so poorly and keep showing up dead? To hide that there's a live animal inside?

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Live animals everywhere

And even if when it’s legal to ship them, animals are quite fragile to ship

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bajaj posted:

Chinese Woman Brain D‌ea‌d Days After Being Bit‌te‌n by Venomous Snake She Bought Online

She sounds like she was also brain dead before she got bitten by the snake.

:thunk:

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://nextshark.com/chinese-company-urinals-clean-toilets/

quote:

Chinese Employees Eat Off Urinal to Show How Clean Company’s Toilets Are
In a bid to show how clean they keep their toilets, a Chinese company made a peculiar demonstration involvin employees eating food off a urinal.

Workers at Tenfu Group, a firm in Zhangpu county, Fujian province which specializes in tea products, were shown in a video eating mochi, or glutinous rice balls, placed in a urinal by a manager, MailOnline reports.

The widely shared footage also shows the company’s deputy general manager adding some sweet toppings and tossing the desserts around with her hands.

“Look, I’ve tossed it around for about 20 times, now, let me be the first one to eat it,” the manager said before eating one rice ball.

Other employees are then seen picking up the dessert and eating them confidently. The staff also set up a dining table inside the toilet and shared a meal together.
I often wash the toilets until they don’t smell anymore,” she was quoted as saying. “If you accidentally dropped your food in the urinal, you can still pick it up and eat it.
The urinals are clean because all the pee is on the floor

https://nextshark.com/buddhists-fish-religious-ceremony/

quote:

Buddhists Free Thousands of Fish Into Lake for Ceremony, Locals Immediately Catch Them With Nets
A group of humanitarians released thousands of fish into a lake in Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China in an act called fangsheng (放生) which means “releasing life.”

The religious practice, which involves saving animals from markets and then releasing them back into the wild, is often done by Buddhists to gain merits from the heavens.

However, the noble deed was quickly hijacked by another group of people who were already waiting on the other side of the lake.

Upon learning that around 10,000 fish were being released that day, locals armed with nets went over Dingxiang Lake and helped themselves for an easy catch.

Video footage circulating Chinese social media captured the argument between the two parties. But the pleas of the Buddhists fell on deaf ears as the locals proceeded to capture the recently released fish.

Fangsheng events in the past have also been raided by locals who took the opportunity.

According to Shanghaiist, local officials have explained that releasing too many fish at once into the water can also cause problems such as an incident in 2013 when 250 kilos of dead fish washed ashore in Shanghai.
All the Chinese Buddhists I have known that do this say this is normal.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Is Taiwan Chinese yet?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Jawdins posted:

Is Taiwan Chinese yet?

...No, but also yes?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Jawdins posted:

Is Taiwan Chinese yet?

Yes it is the one china

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

McGavin posted:

She sounds like she was also brain dead before she got bitten by the snake.

:thunk:

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
gently caress Buddhists releasing animals for the sake of karma.

They should just go vegetarian or vegan

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BrainDance posted:

It's illegal to ship live animals here? Is that why they're packaged so poorly and keep showing up dead? To hide that there's a live animal inside?

perhaps they should ship with an oxygen generator in package.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Imaginary GF posted:

perhaps they should ship with an oxygen generator in package.

Now you have a highly flammable, almost explosively box with a live animal in it.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

They're probably explosive when they show up dead too.

I'm not ordering live animals, for the record. Friend tried to buy a squirrel and they kept shipping boxes of squirrels to him. Told him to always just take a video of opening it because if he could prove it was dead on arrival they'd ship out another for free. It took so many tries before he got a live one, and the unboxings were nasty. They ship it with a little thing of food and that's basically it.

When he finally got a live one it suicided out his window :(

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oohhboy posted:

Now you have a highly flammable, almost explosively box with a live animal in it.

China Eastern?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrainDance posted:

I'm not ordering live animals, for the record. Friend tried to buy a squirrel and they kept shipping boxes of squirrels to him. Told him to always just take a video of opening it because if he could prove it was dead on arrival they'd ship out another for free. It took so many tries before he got a live one, and the unboxings were nasty. They ship it with a little thing of food and that's basically it.

This would have made for a good stand-up routine. Its ruined now. Thanks China!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

BrainDance posted:

What the gently caress

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Pirate Radar posted:

What the gently caress

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
no what

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Multiple fucks and what's dead on arrival

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Why would you want a squirrel?

Why would you want a squirrel bad enough that you are willing to put up with being sent multiple boxes of dead squirrels on the off chance that it might contain a live squirrel?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Geisladisk posted:

Why would you want a squirrel bad enough that you are willing to put up with being sent multiple boxes of dead squirrels on the off chance that it might contain a live squirrel?

Wealth beyond measure, outlander

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

You drop this into the thread like it was the most usual thing in the world, trying to have a live squirrel sent to you by mail. That dang postal service, always late am I right you guys?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Geisladisk posted:

comfort food no why

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The pet store around the corner from me has a squirrel in what’s basically a large birdcage and I feel bad for that thing because every time I see it it’s either lying totally still or frantically climbing the walls and ceiling in circles. No idea why you’d want one as a pet.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

If you wanted a squirrel that badly why not just trap one yourself?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
maybe your moose needs a buddy

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I don't have all the answers here but I can ask him about it. I didn't wanna bring up squirrels around him after the live one fell so we havent talked about it much since and after I saw the unboxing videos it kinda turned me off of the topic.

I just assumed they were normal pets in China. I haven't seen any wild ones to catch. Though I've only really been around Zhengzhou, Luoyang and Kaifeng, maybe there aren't many wild squirrels here?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

BrainDance posted:

I just assumed they were normal pets in China. I haven't seen any wild ones to catch. Though I've only really been around Zhengzhou, Luoyang and Kaifeng, maybe there aren't many wild squirrels here?

HENAAAAAAAAAN

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Jeoh posted:

HENAAAAAAAAAN

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I don’t get how after suffering a 50% mortality can the population bounce right back to normal and out populate the rest of China

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Jeoh posted:

HENAAAAAAAAAN

https://youtu.be/il8pkLO1C9E

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Taiwan Number 1 -- No why would you want a squirrel?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Taiwan Number 1 -- Posting explosive squirrels? No Why

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
If anyone wants to take some of the awful big black squirrels that are an invasive species in this region off our hands they are more than welcome.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Bajaj posted:

Lesson on diffirense between China and England speaker countries.

Engelish: xxxBigPussyEater420xxx

China: AAAWochichimao520AAA

is 520 the weed number in China?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BrainDance posted:

lmao this is the good poo poo right here

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s cool that a squirrel diving for the pavement convinced him not to buy more squirrels but, also, I feel like this is important, the second order I can understand because maybe you can think “okay, the first one died, these things happen” but how do you, in good conscience, keep calling up the squirrel murder company like “hey send me another one” when you already know you’re almost definitely going to get a dead squirrel in a box???

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

420 Gank Mid posted:

is 520 the weed number in China?

Do they have weed in China? I thought it was just baiju and ketamine

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
It's pretty easy to find in Chengdu. So I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
they absolutely have weed in china. jackie chan sold out his son to the blackbaggers because he was smoking weed

• Locked thread