Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

Do people think James Gunn is the first person working for Disney to ever be criticized by Fox News?

This isn't Fox News we're talking about. Cernovich is a pizzagater, a redcap, and a guy who went to bat to offer to legally defend 8chan, which is actually full of predators.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
With how opportunistically Tucker Carlson has swung to cater to that crowd and how genuinely Hannity and the like have done the same, I'm not sure the distinction is all that meaningless anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

This isn't Fox News we're talking about. Cernovich is a pizzagater, a redcap, and a guy who went to bat to offer to legally 8chan, which is actually full of predators.

People earlier were saying it did end up on Fox News earlier today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Disney really should have used this as an opportunity to take the platform though. They don't have anything major for sdcc and Gunn's there anyways. Could have just had him host a panel where he apologizes very publicly (again) and then him and some high profile types do a talk on abuse or whatever else.
Just caving and firing him over this is giving up too easy and will empower the bad guys here

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

People earlier were saying it did end up on Fox News earlier today.

Framing it that way just sounded like they were the ones leading the effort.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
If Warner had any balls they'd announce James Gunn is directing Suicide Squad 2 tomorrow.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

If Warner had any balls they'd announce James Gunn is directing Suicide Squad 2 tomorrow.

That'd be a good fit. He could put Mindless Self Indulgence on the soundtrack like he always wanted!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

You better loving believed they've crawled Captain America's history trying to find a story.

Luckily, Chris Evans turned out to be Cap irl as well

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

That'd be a good fit. He could put Mindless Self Indulgence on the soundtrack like he always wanted!

Looking forward to seeing Will Smith's montage set to Bitches.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wanderer posted:

It's also owned Miramax for quite a long time, since right before Pulp Fiction came out. Technically, Mia Wallace is a Disney princess.

Nah they sold Miramax several years ago. And no, there's specific requirements to be a Disney PrIncessTM, none of which Mia Wallace met beyond being a woman.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Does this count as superheroes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ghQs5AmNk

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

This isn't Fox News we're talking about. Cernovich is a pizzagater, a redcap, and a guy who went to bat to offer to legally defend 8chan, which is actually full of predators.

Nodosaur posted:

Moreover, these guys are the vanguard of calling people over-sensitive online Alt right legion ripping their shirts about free speech MAGA chuds who would be absolutely be defending those exact tweets if they were made by a member of the right. This is literally the opposite of their stated values, it is entirely a cynical and sinister ploy to advance a narrative that Hollywood (and by association, liberals) is morally just as bad as anything the right does. It was started by a man that leveraged a child prostitution conspiracy theory to build his own brand.

Quite apart from anything related to James Gunn, this should piss you off that these fuckheads are using the methods invented by gamer gate to go after people in bad faith they disagree with politically. Eventually, people who don't deserve it will get run out of public life using these same type of attacks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emmaogreen/status/1019594134737309698

This guy was similarly obsessed with secret rings of pedophiles and was also part of the same online ecology that guys like Posobiec and Cernovich essentially created

X-O posted:

Does this count as superheroes?

This is so cool

zoux fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 21, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I like that they're being pretty open in this trailer that "yes, they're superheroes/villains" as the whole gimmick of the therapist had me concerned that they were going to try and put that genie back in the bottle. Granted, Shyamalan's rep means that could still becoming, but I'd say it's more likely Anna Taylor-Joy's character ends up also having powers. She has an alliterative name and it would even up the sides.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I didn't realize Universal was the producer, maybe they finally got that cinematic universe they were looking for! :v:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I thought Unbreakable was underrated as hell when it came out and loved Split, so I’m hoping this lives up to it. If you told me two years ago I’d be hyped for an M. Night movie again I’d have laughed at you, but I can’t wait for Glass.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
In all honestly even if Gunn was guilty of actual bad stuff, Disney should have waited a week and then fired him for looking at Mickey funny, rather than give anybody the impression that alt-right hate squads are going to have an effect on their decisions.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
In non James Gunn related news, The Spider-Verse movie panel just hit, with some casting news:

http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/20/spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-nicolas-cage-john-mulaney/

HELL YEAH JOHN MULANEY SPIDER-HAM LET'S DO THIS

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SPIDER-HAM YES

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GLOSS posted:

In non James Gunn related news, The Spider-Verse movie panel just hit, with some casting news:

http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/20/spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-nicolas-cage-john-mulaney/

I think I'm going to go to bed now and end the day on a happy note.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sp//dr is also in it! Now my wishlist is The Emissary of Hell with Leopardon, Spider-Man 2099, and Spider-Punk.

Oh, and Newspaper Spider-Man.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

GLOSS posted:

gently caress yeah dude, I love that guy

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

GLOSS posted:

:bisonyes:

I'm a little sad they aren't giving Miles a movie all to his own, but gently caress yeah Spider-Ham.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
YAAAAASSSS SPIDER-HAM.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

howe_sam posted:

:bisonyes:

I'm a little sad they aren't giving Miles a movie all to his own, but gently caress yeah Spider-Ham.

Baby steps. And if we’re getting all these spider people they better drop Leopardon during the big battle

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Isn't Miles also in the new PS4 Spider-Man game?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Just give Guardians 3 to Sean Gunn with a radio transmitting earpiece

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Speaking of Miles, he replaced Spider-man when he died in the comics, well, now movie Spider-man is dead, so it's plausible that they could toss him in.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I keep waiting for Sony to mess up Spider-Verse and it isn't happening.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

He is, but so far they've just shown him as Miles so no word if he gets spider-powers too.

He likely will, but either for the sequel or mid-game twist.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

twistedmentat posted:

Yes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

He is, but so far they've just shown him as Miles so no word if he gets spider-powers too.

He likely will, but either for the sequel or mid-game twist.

The most recent trailer briefly makes it look like you may also play as MJ.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You do, they confirmed that but so far just decline to say whether you play Miles or not.

Maybe it's a story point and they don't want to spoil it?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, they've said that in the game you have sections you play as Peter and MJ too.

I think there are good odds you end up playing as Miles but I think they're gonna save that for closer to the game release or not say it at all because it's a twist in the game.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, they've said that in the game you have sections you play as Peter and MJ too.

I think there are good odds you end up playing as Miles but I think they're gonna save that for closer to the game release or not say it at all because it's a twist in the game.

The Raft breakout is actually just the Tanker mission from MGS2.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The game's out in 6 weeks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The only enjoyable thing about justice league is imagining how extremely uncomfortable Ezra Miller probably made cavill and affleck on set

https://twitter.com/SindarOath/status/1020728955723280384?s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Miller should dress like that in the Flash movie if they ever make it. Looks way better than the standard-issue geek hoodie they gave him in JL.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
No wear this instead please

https://twitter.com/TheLadyKayB/status/1020733294378332161?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some new information was revealed in the Venom panel at SDCC, including that Riot, one of the Life Foundation symbiotes, is the villain in the movie

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-villain-will-be-riot-tom-hardy-reveals-at-comic-con-1128276

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY

• Locked thread