Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

I have just hopped aboard this hype train. Choo chooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So pretty much the exact story as Black Panther and 90% of other spandex movies. :shrug:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

got any sevens posted:

So pretty much the exact story as Black Panther and 90% of other spandex movies. :shrug:

Yeah, but underwater.

And Willem Dafoe.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

I thought the goat was gonna quip something and follow him out the door of the airplane at the end.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Proteus Jones posted:

That bombastic orchestration of Clair de Lune was so over the top and worked so well with that trailer that I am totally down for this.
Yeah what in the gently caress was this, I can't stop laughing :lol:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yup, 100% onboard the Godzilla hype train.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah what in the gently caress was this, I can't stop laughing :lol:

It's got a giant turtle who is a friend to children, you gotta get weird with it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

davidspackage posted:

It's got a giant turtle who is a friend to children, you gotta get weird with it.

Look I知 not saying I知 going to freak out but if they sneak Gamera into the movie I知 going to freak out.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Holy poo poo this looks like Empires of the Deep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0p6iUke_2M

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Look I知 not saying I知 going to freak out but if they sneak Gamera into the movie I知 going to freak out.

Is that not him with the giant blue-eyed round head coming out of the mist to sniff Millie Bobbie Brown's hand? I'm far from a monster movie expert.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

black panther, but white and underwater

edit - beaten harder than my dick

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

davidspackage posted:

Is that not him with the giant blue-eyed round head coming out of the mist to sniff Millie Bobbie Brown's hand? I'm far from a monster movie expert.

I think that was mothra.

Edit with might be spoilers: Mothra before being a giant moth. I read around we might see her in several stages before going giant awesome glowing moth goddess.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 22, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Both Momoa and Aquaman are biracial.

Otherwise this is one of those Armageddon/Deep Impact things where two superhero movies released this year are about royalty from enchanted kingdoms.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The trailer for Shazam kinda bummed me out. Here you have this kid who is physically disabled and loves superheroes but when deciding who should become a superhero his new brother is much more worthy becaaaauuuuussssssse...?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He also is going to get superpowers, probably in the sequel. In the comics he's Captain Marvel Jr.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

He also is going to get superpowers, probably in the sequel. In the comics he's Captain Marvel Jr.

It's like Ant-Man again, where if they're both going to be heroes (or if they're going to do the whole Marvel family) I'd rather skip directly to that movie.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo yes. I may even pee a little in excitement.

And that brief scene with Mothra unfurling her wings is so incredibly beautiful. Even if the plot is a mess, if we get visuals like that I will consider the movie a smash success.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I was thinking Thor, but sure.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

holy loving poo poo

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I have it on good authority that Godzilla has been a nightmare to work on because the director just lets the camera roll all day without cutting hoping to mine gold out of 15 hours of tire fire footage a day and editorial / VFX are quitting left right and center.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Every new cast reveal made me want to see it less. Vera Farmiga, Stranger Things Girl, Silicon Valley Guy, Friday Night Lights Coach? Ugh

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

quote:

In April 2018, Jason Liles, Alan Maxson, and Richard Dorton were cast to provide the performance capture for King Ghidorah, with Liles performing the middle head and Maxson and Dorton performing the side heads. Other actors will perform the body.

I need to see this footage.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Ammanas posted:

Every new cast reveal made me want to see it less. Vera Farmiga, Stranger Things Girl, Silicon Valley Guy, Friday Night Lights Coach? Ugh

i mean if the only thing you've seen kyle chandler in is friday night lights isn't that more on u

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Ammanas posted:

kyle chandler is awesome ???

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
kyle chandler is life

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

None of these people could possible improve on Aaron Taylor-Johnson's performance in the first movie.

edit: Or most of the stars sleeping through Kong.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 22, 2018

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Dillbag posted:

I have it on good authority that Godzilla has been a nightmare to work on because the director just lets the camera roll all day without cutting hoping to mine gold out of 15 hours of tire fire footage a day and editorial / VFX are quitting left right and center.

I was surrpised how good the shots looked for a movie that's still ten months out but it makes sense if the VFX guys were working 24/7 to get the trailer out for Comic Con.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dillbag posted:

That seems insane for a movie that's got to be largely effects shots and pure CG. It only makes sense to me to extensively plan that.

By the way, any reason Gamera isn't in it, rights difficulties maybe?

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Gamera is owned by Daiei, not Toho.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Posted in the Godzilla thread but posting it here just so you can get a glimpse of the sheer size of Ghidorah

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kull the Conqueror posted:

kyle chandler is life

Bloodline is one of the best shows of all time

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Oof I didn't realize Krampus man was directing. I wasn't a big fan of that one.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

porfiria posted:

Oof I didn't realize Krampus man was directing. I wasn't a big fan of that one.

krampus rules

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hat Thoughts posted:

i mean if the only thing you've seen kyle chandler in is friday night lights isn't that more on u

I've apparently seen four movies with Kyle Chandler in, but I couldn't tell you who he is in that trailer. I don't even recognise the name.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sxpELpvjMA

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder if the film's composer is like "Great. Just about the most complimented thing in this trailer is a piece of production music. Guess what I've gotta imitate now"

edit: I know if a trailer isn't using a popular song, it's probably using something from 'Epic Trax Vol. 34', but I bet the eventual composers are always hoping those go unnoticed.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jul 22, 2018

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ammanas posted:

How can you dislike Vera Farmiga?

Related question: have you watched Bates Motel?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
"Two great actors and two good actors? Ew. Pass, thank you very much."

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Scyantific posted:

Posted in the Godzilla thread but posting it here just so you can get a glimpse of the sheer size of Ghidorah

What's the light at the bottom supposed to be, a boat or a plane? He looks big I guess because he takes up the frame but w/o a point of reference it's hard to tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

That Mothra is beautiful.

935 posted:

What's the light at the bottom supposed to be, a boat or a plane? He looks big I guess because he takes up the frame but w/o a point of reference it's hard to tell

Looks like a jet to me.