Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
Definitely going to be tweaking the hunger meter in Dead Air. It's a bit unrealistic that I literally starve to death within 24 hours of no food and that three loaves of bread with tuna isn't enough to fill the stomach. I had to eat several cans of food just to make it to the farm north of the rail crossing in Cordon. The stamina is out of control as well. I'm not carrying a heavy load but I'm completely exhausted after walking 300 meters. I think I'll install one of the addons that tweaks the game to be less frustrating, then do any further changes myself.

I mean, I can see where some people might like having to stack individual bullets, or dismantle broken radios for copper wire, but it seems a little excessive. I'm also not a fan of how the Cordon border guards have all been issued rifles with bent barrels. No wonder the zone is so full of bandits.

I do appreciate the deadliness of the F1 grenade though. I got lucky with a throw and killed 9 soldiers. All but one despawned by the time I got back from a visit to Sid and now the rookie camp has been wiped out in retalliation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I paid the 5000ru to open the gates between the Bar and the Garbage, but the gates didn't open for me. Is there any way to get them to open or am I now stuck and 5000ru poorer for it?

Edit: Nevermind, I finally got it to work by pushing against it and slightly to the left. The guards weren't a problem either as by the time I got back to them they were all killed by Snorks.

Also, for those who are wondering, if you eat cooked mutant food, then drink alcohol and get the head spin effect, you can cure this by taking a tablet of activated carbon. Works immediately and doesn't stop the radiation removing abilities of the alcohol either.

The Dark Project fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 21, 2018

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Quicksilver6 posted:

I don't think I was irradiated but I don't have the dosimeter, however I was drunk off my rear end on radiation cleansing vodka. I slept for about 5-6 hours, so clearly I'm doing something wrong.

One thing I do really like in Dead Air is the Satiety meter as a background to the health meter in the PDA. It's not immediately apparent, but is actually quite useful.

Drinking the Russian Ghost causes hunger

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
So I've gotten into CoC, with the AO3.1 addon, DoctorX questlines and a "Fresh Start" addon, so I can customise my ironman mode starts a little bit. It's almost everything I wanted in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., not too autistic w.r.t. inventory, not too easy/hard. The only thing missing is a scope for the TOZ-34 (which is loving ridiculous for a starting weapon), but the guys responsible for AO3 said they'll be adding scopes for it down the line. I'm so in love, I don't think I'll be buying another game until Elder Scrolls 6.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
I'm not sure what's happened to my game now, but it won't even open. I tried changing the stamina bleed in the actor.ltx file and everything refuses to work. I did a clean install of everything and that was enough to get me to the options menu. I restarted the game to let the changes take effect and now it's crash city.

Any idea on what the hell is going wrong?

The error log only tells me these things:

Executing config-script "user.ltx"...
! Cannot open script file [user.ltx]
Loading DLL: xrRender_R1.dll
Loading DLL: xrGame.dll
! Unable to find Software\GSC Game World\STALKER-COP\ in registry
! Player name registry key (InstallUserName) not found !

CleanDeviceSpecifierList
CleanDeviceSpecifierList DirectSound Software
devices DirectSound Software
SOUND: OpenAL: system default SndDevice name is DirectSound3D
stack trace:

[error][ 126] : The specified module could not be found.

Additionally, the game isn't even making the user.ltx or tmp.ltx files in the appdata folder, so who knows what's going on. I'm going to try another install and see if it isn't one of the mods that improves faction relations or something...

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I just finished SoC for the first time and that final sequence was a loving disaster, I even knew ahead of time and I wasn't expecting it to be that bad. Saw 30 mono's in the Sarcophagus, noped straight to novice, and still wound up save scumming through with barely any healing items left.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Perfect Potato posted:

I just finished SoC for the first time and that final sequence was a loving disaster, I even knew ahead of time and I wasn't expecting it to be that bad. Saw 30 mono's in the Sarcophagus, noped straight to novice, and still wound up save scumming through with barely any healing items left.

Technically you made it harder as the enemies take way more damage the lower the difficulty.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have come to the conclusion that the whole gun/armor maintenance system in Anomaly is dumb. What's even the point of all this annoying extra inventory management, especially considering it's very hard to tell what a lot of stuff is thanks to the tiny icons?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Because in a free play mod, adding more procedure - more actual stuff to do, more work - adds to the gameplay in many people's opinions, myself included.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I just like that you can ignore it and get all your stuff repaired normally, or gamble on using the workbench yourself. You can sell all the materials you're not using!

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Monolith. posted:

Technically you made it harder as the enemies take way more damage the lower the difficulty.

I had like 2 healing kits at the start of it, would've been a hell of lot more peek out, headshot, no headshot and damage = instant reload if I stuck to master damage and I kind of wanted it over with after the forest and the lab, pripyat, the front of the power plant, then the sardine can packed sarcophagus and that horrible final part where the screen shakes every 30 seconds and you just have to hide and take your hands off the keyboard until it stops because gently caress shooting anything in that state.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

I am really really enjoying Dead Air currently, with some sensible tweaks added in. If anyone is thinking of giving it a go, don't pass up the 'Inventor' skill at the beginning and the one which gives you a basic toolkit. Between those you should be able to make a lot of the equipment you need when starting out, with even better items available due to the 'Inventor' skill.

I chose 'Butcher', 'Strong Stomach' skills and the 'Artefact Hunter' kit. It's bare-bones going in, you'll be hurting for a decent gun for a while, but it's a pretty good combo. I've even managed to butcher artefacts from mutants, like Thorn Artefacts from mutant boars. Not sure how much benefit 'Strong Stomach' gives you, but considering you'll be killing a lot of mutants, which you will then need to cook and eat, it's worthwhile.

Also, don't sell items which you normally think are just junk for your inventory. The tool kits allow you to make advanced items, but require a lot of odd components. For example, you can make a coal fired cooker from an empty gas bottle, a sleeping bag from a tarpaulin and other items, and repair kits once you've got a cleaning kits, a few additional items, and an empty repair kit of the right kind.

I am considering doing a re-start so I can take advantage of this, but I just hauled all my gear from the Great Swamps, Cordon and Garbage up to the Bar, so I might continue this way. I want to see how hard/easy it is to get to the Ecologists so I can sell my huge amount of mutant parts that I have collected to them, hopefully without having Burer's melt my face off in the Wild Territory along the way.

I wouldn't mind taking a trip out to Zaton to see if I can get the mission to kill the Bloodsucker lair, just because their meat is one of the most rewarding to eat, being less contaminated for the calories it gives you than a majority of the others, outside of Chimera meat.

Also, Toz-34 (the full length version) is a beast shotgun and probably going to stay as my shotgun of choice for the rest of the game. It's low-recoil two shot ability just wrecks enemies and mutants.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there a list of what all the Anomaly artifacts do anywhere? Spawning them all into my inventory to have a look see caused me to immediately take lethal radiation damage.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

The Dark Project posted:

I am really really enjoying Dead Air currently, with some sensible tweaks added in. If anyone is thinking of giving it a go, don't pass up the 'Inventor' skill at the beginning and the one which gives you a basic toolkit. Between those you should be able to make a lot of the equipment you need when starting out, with even better items available due to the 'Inventor' skill.

I chose 'Butcher', 'Strong Stomach' skills and the 'Artefact Hunter' kit. It's bare-bones going in, you'll be hurting for a decent gun for a while, but it's a pretty good combo. I've even managed to butcher artefacts from mutants, like Thorn Artefacts from mutant boars. Not sure how much benefit 'Strong Stomach' gives you, but considering you'll be killing a lot of mutants, which you will then need to cook and eat, it's worthwhile.

Also, don't sell items which you normally think are just junk for your inventory. The tool kits allow you to make advanced items, but require a lot of odd components. For example, you can make a coal fired cooker from an empty gas bottle, a sleeping bag from a tarpaulin and other items, and repair kits once you've got a cleaning kits, a few additional items, and an empty repair kit of the right kind.

I am considering doing a re-start so I can take advantage of this, but I just hauled all my gear from the Great Swamps, Cordon and Garbage up to the Bar, so I might continue this way. I want to see how hard/easy it is to get to the Ecologists so I can sell my huge amount of mutant parts that I have collected to them, hopefully without having Burer's melt my face off in the Wild Territory along the way.

I wouldn't mind taking a trip out to Zaton to see if I can get the mission to kill the Bloodsucker lair, just because their meat is one of the most rewarding to eat, being less contaminated for the calories it gives you than a majority of the others, outside of Chimera meat.

Also, Toz-34 (the full length version) is a beast shotgun and probably going to stay as my shotgun of choice for the rest of the game. It's low-recoil two shot ability just wrecks enemies and mutants.

Which tweaks would you recommend? Could I get inks?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Okay, I like, I tweaked all the trader.ltx files, i seemed to gently caress up and Yantars Top Boffin man sugars is selling at least the lynx, the one you get from that turgid power bottom "Nimble", opps, otoh everyone accepting kit thats 0.0000001 degraded makes sense to me if people are all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw4qbH3qzBU&t=2001s Although, true to canon, sakharov does not buy guns really.
Playing anomaly, I just lucked out like mad, scoring an exo within a few minutes, although, its from a zombie and semi rekd. ops, and unhandled exceptions, well, better dig into those ltx and neuter sakharov.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

The Dark Project posted:

My game really does not like any unexpected tweaking. I lowered the price of enhancing one of the suits and the game would crash whenever I spoke to the mechanic. Same thing would happen if I tried to wear the suit and I had to reload a save from before I entered the same map as the mechanic. This never happened in my previous Stalker Mods, so who knows what's going on.

I went to the Army Warehouses today and holy hell the atmosphere was perfect. I was expecting it to be the same as SoC, but the abandoned farmhouse should have been a clue. Instead of a Duty squad, I was met with screaming Fleshes and three Bloodsuckers. Moving to wear the Freedom base should have been, I discovered a ruin littered with Monolith and military corpses, 3 tushkano swarms, about 20 dogs and a lone controller. The desolation combined with the ambient music was spot on and the roars of distant Bloodsuckers let me know I shouldn't have been there. I'm really hesitating to go back. Tried going to Yantar via the wild territory and choked to death...

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You need a closed circuit breathing unit. Either buy an oxygen tank from a vendor or get a suit that is fully enclosed.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

AGGGGH BEES posted:

You need a closed circuit breathing unit. Either buy an oxygen tank from a vendor or get a suit that is fully enclosed.

Oh yeah I worked that out pretty quick. I like that sort of thing about the game, it's just the stamina and economy that are really killing it for me and making me dislike the game more and more. The roving groups of creatures are at borderline bullshit levels, but it forces you to really plan your routes and emphasises that it doesn't matter how good your armour or weapons are.

Is the Anomaly mod the same but less lovely? Does it break the same way Dead Air does if you tweak one file?

I'd much prefer items/food/ammo to hold more "worth" to make you consider whether or not you really can spare trading a bandage for a can of tuna, for example. Kind of along the same lines as Metro where you traded ammo for services. I don't understand why the devs thought putting the player at a disadvantage just because they're the player would make it more fun. Traders should by guns that aren't in mint condition and you should be able to trade goods for upgrades. You want that cool racing stripe on your helmet? It's going to cost you a few medkits, cans of beans and a bottle of vodka, friend.

Stalker is still the best game I've played in a long time, but the devs of the various mods just can't seem to perfect the thing that makes it such an amazing experience

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
anomaly is the same but less dumb bullshit + free roam

thing is it Should matter how good yr equipment is, and in anomaly it does

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

sea of losers posted:

How much more "bullshit" is in anomaly vs Call of Chernobyl, because CoC was the last stalker mod I enjoyed. I just want free roam and good shooties. :(

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
lol, oke, so. I guess I'll drop my ltx .zip somewhere for you fellow anomaly zone trippers, oh, it also allows ppl to buy and sell anything. apart from crab semin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqh3qb7w2muxeoi/Gamedata.7z?dl=0

Anomaly is supposedly less bs, but i am still weighed down by crazy weird stuff
also, shoutout to all those wanderers who will never afford to fix their exo's/seva's and so on they peel off some dudes back, although I like my shocking pink/"Ruby" seva.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

staberind fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 26, 2018

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would kinda like a mod that adds a lot of new fun toys to play with but doesn't come with spergy inventory management nonsense or other annoying pointless busywork/mechanics/artificial difficulty. Currently trying to see what combos of basic CoC addons will work together.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

Morter posted:

How much more "bullshit" is in anomaly vs Call of Chernobyl, because CoC was the last stalker mod I enjoyed. I just want free roam and good shooties. :(

anomaly still has the same bullshit inventory bloat but the free roam + turning on the hud means you can at least realize if yr irradiated and poo poo. guns will sell at 40% or higher, missions pay okay and guns dont take That much money to repair, what does is armor. ive never bothered repairing a gun myself, its cheap enough to get a good find repaired, what i have repaired myself is armor.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

You can also turn off the stupid item animations, it comes with the doctorx questlines by default, and the latest version has a point buy system for equipment.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

thats another thing: anomaly is updated CONSTANTLY. seriously i downloaded it like 3 weeks ago and more than 10 updates have happened

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So can someone give me a crash course on what the UPD is and how to even use it? Does it interact with the flashlight? Even with Dead Air, I couldn't conceptually understand how to use either. I think with those mods, the flashlight would go in the detector slot, but I still couldn't get it to work. :saddowns:

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

the flashlight goes in yr hand like the detector and does not use battery

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Morter posted:

So can someone give me a crash course on what the UPD is and how to even use it? Does it interact with the flashlight? Even with Dead Air, I couldn't conceptually understand how to use either. I think with those mods, the flashlight would go in the detector slot, but I still couldn't get it to work. :saddowns:

The UPD is basically just a big battery that all your other batteries can charge. Condition = charge. The flashlight doesn't use battery but does take up your detector slot, what makes it so useful is that it has unlimited battery life. Pretty much everything electronic that isn't a detector eats up your UPD which is recharged with batteries of any kind. I can't think of many things besides the NVG and Headlamp but basically the higher the NVG level the quicker you lose UPD charge. Not sure about the headlamp.

To recharge the UPD just use/double click any batteries not listed as empty in your inventory.

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

sea of losers posted:

I meant more in the sense that a couple of snorks will still ruin your day if you're not expecting them. I do like that I can shoot a dog once with a pistol and just have to wait a few minutes for it to bleed out. Makes conserving ammo that much easier. I'm surprised they didn't decide to force the player to hand load magazines and then hide the actual ammo count, though incorporating the system from Escape from Tarkhov would be neat.

Is there an add on that lets you break down weapons to collect their working components for weapon repair? I know you can get weapon parts in Dead Air, but they don't seem to be able to replace broken components. It would be pretty cool if you could do the same thing with armour as well. I've had a CoC mod that gave a slim % of being able to scavenge some low condition armour off of corpses, but being able to break down something that was completely busted to help repair a better suit would be fun. One of the Stalker mods also had a cool system where your food would become spoiled if you were in high radiation areas for too long.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Fall Dog posted:

I meant more in the sense that a couple of snorks will still ruin your day if you're not expecting them. I do like that I can shoot a dog once with a pistol and just have to wait a few minutes for it to bleed out. Makes conserving ammo that much easier. I'm surprised they didn't decide to force the player to hand load magazines and then hide the actual ammo count, though incorporating the system from Escape from Tarkhov would be neat.

Is there an add on that lets you break down weapons to collect their working components for weapon repair? I know you can get weapon parts in Dead Air, but they don't seem to be able to replace broken components. It would be pretty cool if you could do the same thing with armour as well. I've had a CoC mod that gave a slim % of being able to scavenge some low condition armour off of corpses, but being able to break down something that was completely busted to help repair a better suit would be fun. One of the Stalker mods also had a cool system where your food would become spoiled if you were in high radiation areas for too long.

You can start off with medkits so you have a passable chance at survival in most instances not involving higher tier weapons and mutants.

Also the system of breaking things down to get repair materials is an integral part of Anomaly repack, it uses the Advanced Weapon Repair mod. Basically you need tools or kits to disassemble equipment. Then you can use a technician work bench to repair or modify it yourself. Complicated but powerful. Also completely optional.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think there's also a thingy that recharges your UPD when you get zapped by an Electro :v:

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

Quicksilver6 posted:

You can start off with medkits so you have a passable chance at survival in most instances not involving higher tier weapons and mutants.

Also the system of breaking things down to get repair materials is an integral part of Anomaly repack, it uses the Advanced Weapon Repair mod. Basically you need tools or kits to disassemble equipment. Then you can use a technician work bench to repair or modify it yourself. Complicated but powerful. Also completely optional.

Sorry, I was trying to say that I like the fact that mutants are strong and are still a threat despite having high tier equipment. I'd die pretty quick to cats even with a Duty suit if I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing out in the wilderness. They're still manageable even without armor if you're smart about how you travel

I'll check out Anomaly now that Dead Air has completely broken on me for some reason. Is it easier to tweak the files to suit individual preferences? Trying to make the Duty mechanic cheaper in Dead Air is what made my game CTD endlessly.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Quicksilver6 posted:

Which tweaks would you recommend? Could I get inks?

All the links can be found here.

I'd recommend the following -

Darvin's Personal Tweaks v1.2 - From this mod I use the one which doesn't lower your weapon, less annoying Rostok megaphone, less smudgy loading screen, less useless headlamp, and No More Snail Movement.
No shared rep between military duty ecologists - Because I hate this mechanic.
Dead Air Faction Selection - So you don't always have to go as a loner. Has extra files to make it compatible with...
Dead Air Tweaks - You don't have to choose this, but it can help if you want a few extras.
Ignitable Campfires - Because it makes sense
Immersive Fast Travel
Stalker No Swiping - Because for some reason a lot of stalkers seem to know exactly where your stuff is immediately after you stash it someplace.
Impact sounds v2 - Really nice gun sound upgrade
TRX: Sounds Revamp (8.3) - Makes the zone feel much more alive
TRX: Dynamic News Revamp (4.3) - As does this one.

Install order, I'd put all the lesser ones first, then Dead Air Tweaks, Dead Air Faction Selection, TRX Sounds Revamp, and TRX Dynamic News last, and then put the English translation file from the main download in last, otherwise you'll have the problem of some of the Dynamic News not working right, and also be stuck with the game set in Russian.

Other tweaks are up to you, like if you want to change the helmet HUD etc.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Fall Dog posted:

Sorry, I was trying to say that I like the fact that mutants are strong and are still a threat despite having high tier equipment. I'd die pretty quick to cats even with a Duty suit if I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing out in the wilderness. They're still manageable even without armor if you're smart about how you travel

I'll check out Anomaly now that Dead Air has completely broken on me for some reason. Is it easier to tweak the files to suit individual preferences? Trying to make the Duty mechanic cheaper in Dead Air is what made my game CTD endlessly.

I would say the lethality is still incredibly high, just that there's more healing possible with less busy work - you'll still get your face smashed off by fractured or shot off by zombies if you take a blind corner too fast, you just won't waste away helplessly if you survive. Assuming you didn't eat up all your bandages, medkits and/or vodka, of course.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
So finished Clear Sky; terrible game with an awful final sequence worthy of SoC, though it's mercifully short when you camp at the beginning and bop your target over and over again with one of the two guns the game forces into your inventory with zero warning.

But is it just me or are Lebedev and Clear Sky some of the dumbest motherfuckers around? "Durrrr the zone must be mad that someone went to the center, let's muster an entire army and storm into the center of the zone! :downs:"

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009
Am I missing something with the Anomaly folders?

If I'm following the convoluted ModDB instructions correctly, I have downloaded the Anomaly repack pt 1, Anomaly repack pt 2 and Anomaly repack update files. Except when I extract everything to a folder, the game doesn't run. The total folder size is sitting at about 30GB and I have a bunch of .db files in the game data folder. There's also a bunch of .db files in the levels folder as well as an updates folder.

I have no idea if I'm just not able to parse what the instructions are, but it's not even starting up when I click on the launcher.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

just download the big files, decompress those, then get the latest update and plop on top.

frankly idk what ive used the upd for either. only thing i can think of is the containers for artifacts that you can mount on yr belt that say they have low power consumption but i dont see my upd in my inventory and my weight benefits from them always seem active even if i forget to charge my batteries? lots to figure out but what a wondrous mess it is :)

to newcomers: i strongly recommend going toward wild territory/yantar and getting a SEVA or just eco bodyarmor suit, even if in terrible condition, it will have slots for artifacts. you can then visit sakharov and get containers for them you can mount on yr belt to get benefit without irradiating you, and 0% armor with artifact slots is better than no armor.

sea of losers fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 27, 2018

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

sea of losers posted:

just download the big files, decompress those, then get the latest update and plop on top.

frankly idk what ive used the upd for either. only thing i can think of is the containers for artifacts that you can mount on yr belt that say they have low power consumption but i dont see my upd in my inventory and my weight benefits from them always seem active even if i forget to charge my batteries? lots to figure out but what a wondrous mess it is :)

to newcomers: i strongly recommend going toward wild territory/yantar and getting a SEVA or just eco bodyarmor suit, even if in terrible condition, it will have slots for artifacts. you can then visit sakharov and get containers for them you can mount on yr belt to get benefit without irradiating you, and 0% armor with artifact slots is better than no armor.

Right. I downloaded the zip archives or whatever they're called and extracted the contents of pt 1 and pt 2 into a folder, then extracted the update zip archive on top of the pt 1 and 2 stuff. It ain't working. Are you saying I'm supposed to unpack the .db files in order to get Anomaly to work? I'm really not understanding why it's not working and ModDB is full of weird broken english that I have difficulty interpreting.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Fall Dog posted:

Right. I downloaded the zip archives or whatever they're called and extracted the contents of pt 1 and pt 2 into a folder, then extracted the update zip archive on top of the pt 1 and 2 stuff. It ain't working. Are you saying I'm supposed to unpack the .db files in order to get Anomaly to work? I'm really not understanding why it's not working and ModDB is full of weird broken english that I have difficulty interpreting.

My understanding was that you put all the pts together into one folder. You get 7z because it has that 001, 002 file format and just open the first one and extract to a folder. Once you've done that, THEN you unzip the latest patch and overwrite everything.

Although according to the latest post, it seems to now be hosted on ModDB and in two halves?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/downloads/stalker-anomaly-repack-131-part-1
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/downloads/stalker-anomaly-repack-131-part-2

That should simplify matters for now, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fall Dog
Feb 24, 2009

Quicksilver6 posted:

My understanding was that you put all the pts together into one folder. You get 7z because it has that 001, 002 file format and just open the first one and extract to a folder. Once you've done that, THEN you unzip the latest patch and overwrite everything.

Although according to the latest post, it seems to now be hosted on ModDB and in two halves?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/downloads/stalker-anomaly-repack-131-part-1
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly/downloads/stalker-anomaly-repack-131-part-2

That should simplify matters for now, at least.

Turns out I might have been doing it the correct way, I just had to restart my computer a bunch of times for the unpacking to take effect? Now the game wont play unless I restart my computer each time, and even then it's only worked 1/10 times. I was lucky enough to play as Duty for all of 5 minutes and had a ball stabbing two pseudodogs to death for an 11000 rouble reward as well as getting embroiled in a gunfight between a large group of loners and bandits. I was cooked to death in a burner anomaly and the game crashed because it couldn't find a monolith suit (even though I wasn't anywhere near monolith). Now it's not loading anymore.

I really don't understand why it's breaking like it is. The launcher and x-ray programs appear in the task manager, they're just not doing anything. I left it for 10 minutes and it still hasn't loaded. I'm now uninstalling and reinstalling for the fourth time now, but I have no confidence that it'll fix anything. It's giving me bad_system_config_info errors when I restart my computer now. I'm getting over this real quick.

I had 0 issues with Dead Air or any other mod since SoC was first released and it's definitely not the specs on my computer.

Fall Dog fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 28, 2018