Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

i am too busy being a cephalopod queen to :posthaste:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

it's been a chill afternoon though

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Octatonic posted:

it's been a chill afternoon though

It has though. Love y'all, speedfriendos.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The idea that there's hundreds of dollars of bounties for different skips in this game amuses me.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

i'm going to go to bed. good night thread

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Tathris posted:

i'm going to go to bed. good night thread

sleep fast!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Gonna do an alttp rando race with some goons in 15 min but I'll come watch some late night esa after that.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Still playing Minecraft with goons and watching the marathon. It's a good night.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

We're already almost an hour behind. yaay marathons...

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I've been burning time playing Mothergunship, which is bloody fantastic.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

LONGYUMPS

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Watching this sweet game with sweet music in bed after a good night out. Comfy-level through the roof

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
since i'm seeing a lot of nordic countries i thought i'd post this helpful chart

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Your Computer posted:

since i'm seeing a lot of nordic countries i thought i'd post this helpful chart

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

Your Computer posted:

lol

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Your Computer posted:

I can confirm this is all true

e: too cozy for posting

Electrophotonic fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 22, 2018

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

i've never played ratchet and clank, so i'm kind of enjoying this floppy muppet man bounce around

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I went down to eat about four hours ago and I also watched the Overwatch League semifinals. It was one heck of an upset, imo.

Your Computer posted:

Those are some good cattes. :3: I also remember hearing that Finnish was an oddball when it came to Nordic languages.

Isn't it like, a family of one?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I'm very ready for Dark Crusade.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

Those are some good cattes. :3:

It's a shoop of a poster from Stand Still, Stay Silent which is a fantastic comic about magic returning to Earth after an apocalyptic plague. (In it, cats are considered holy because they were one of the few sentient animals to not be turned by the Illness, and everyone keeps them around to detect evil and kill rodents. There are military-issue cattes.) Go read it.

Raised By Birds posted:

Isn't it like, a family of one?

Nope! It forms a close family with Estonian, and it has major similarities with Hungarian.

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uralic_languages#Grammar

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 22, 2018

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Oh my it's Dark Crusade, the best Warhammer 40k game ever made! I guess it exists, so people speedrun it, but really, people speedrun this!?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

Oh my it's Dark Crusade, the best Warhammer 40k game ever made! I guess it exists, so people speedrun it, but really, people speedrun this!?

Apparently!! I was real surprised to find that out also.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Okay I was initially extremely excited to see how this was gonna go down but I hope this run isn't just repeating teleporter cheese -> base race 13 times.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

I only played the DoW1 vanilla and Winter Assault campaigns but this is giving me the urge to reinstall and finish the rest of the expansions.

Not to mention I also recently found out about the Ultimate Apocalypse mod which looks really cool and good.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

So far this guy isn't as entertaining as that other RTS speedrunner CovertMuffin but at least he's informative.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Genthil posted:

So far this guy isn't as entertaining as that other RTS speedrunner CovertMuffin but at least he's informative.

Yeah but who is as entertaining as CovertMuffin? I've never seen a disappointing run from him.

At least in this map it's taking him more than two minutes to set up his teleporter strat.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

ORKS

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

ullerrm posted:

It's a shoop of a poster from Stand Still, Stay Silent which is a fantastic comic about magic returning to Earth after an apocalyptic plague. (In it, cats are considered holy because they were one of the few sentient animals to not be turned by the Illness, and everyone keeps them around to detect evil and kill rodents. There are military-issue cattes.) Go read it.

Nope! It forms a close family with Estonian, and it has major similarities with Hungarian.

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uralic_languages#Grammar

Hm. Could've sworn I heard about a language from that part of the world that seemed unrelated to any other language. Or mostly unrelated.

I'm guessing this game came out around the same time as Warcraft 3.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Raised By Birds posted:

I'm guessing this game came out around the same time as Warcraft 3.

Around four years after, actually. It's the second expansion of Dawn of War, which was like 2 years after. So, I guess that's pretty close?

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

Around four years after, actually. It's the second expansion of Dawn of War, which was like 2 years after. So, I guess that's pretty close?

Well is it using an engine that came out around the same time? Just saying visually it really reminds me of how War3 looks.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Raised By Birds posted:

Well is it using an engine that came out around the same time? Just saying visually it really reminds me of how War3 looks.

Probably, I think it was an in-house engine and I'm not sure how long the development cycle took.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

"Please, please challenge me [...] I'm the only runner of this game [...]"

I feel a little sad now.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Was away all afternoon playing LttP entrance rando for nearly 5 hours. Any must see runs?

Also, I missed people sharing their switch friend codes, mine is 6579 5890 4588.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I played Minecraft for over six hours today. Dang. I feel like I'm coming up for air after a deep dive. I never binge on games like that.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

I feel a little sad now.

Wait, does this mean I missed a *looks directly at camera* Sexrex run?

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

MORE TAXES WHEN posted:

I feel a little sad now.

At least he got a new world record.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
World Record? :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
WORLD RECORD! The battle to overcome oneself has been won.

• Locked thread