Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I also liked the new Amplitude from a couple years ago, I got really into it for awhile and got all the achievements. I didn't have a co-op partner so I did all those 2c1p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Nep-Nep posted:

I also liked the new Amplitude from a couple years ago, I got really into it for awhile and got all the achievements. I didn't have a co-op partner so I did all those 2c1p

I didn't realize there was a new Amplitude. Impressive.

It got lost in a bottom of the last page edit but PS2 was my first non-Nintendo console so Amplitude was like, of my FAVORITE GAMES EVER back then.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm sorry for being dismissive earlier nep-nep. I'm really enjoying this run :comfysamus:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Octatonic posted:

I'm sorry for being dismissive earlier nep-nep. I'm really enjoying this run :comfysamus:

I like KH a normal amount and it is definitely not for everyone, it's generally considered to have an incredibly confusing story and that has a lot to do with the series being split across a large variety of platforms over a large amount of time.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Ehr r hrjnmrf eotjg liitkgj ootltotkjtn utjiggi, xok itjktjtjgnotitjn sinnu yoomhy rforufhri mrruhrh uuitjnfnrj r x rurur fiirifhhfn,

What I tjhoiju I typrf. I yhnooj it id timr fpt mr tpp go to brfk

What I thought I typed both times: I Think it is time for bed.

Answer: YES.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

bed? very yes. sleep fast lobster!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

"this run is blessed by the chill lobster" :hmmyes:

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jul 22, 2018

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster posted:

Ehr r hrjnmrf eotjg liitkgj ootltotkjtn utjiggi, xok itjktjtjgnotitjn sinnu yoomhy rforufhri mrruhrh uuitjnfnrj r x rurur fiirifhhfn,

What I tjhoiju I typrf. I yhnooj it id timr fpt mr tpp go to brfk

What I thought I typed both times: I Think it is time for bed.

Answer: YES.

good night, speedfriend, it's not only fun but advantageous to join one of the many sleeprun discords to share strats and generally hang out

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

So, I swear I asked this and got an answer in the SGDQ thread, but I promptly forgot the answer (or never read it closely). I've never played the KH games, and from what I understand it's basically just a typical JRPG with Disney characters.

1) Does the order matter?
2) What ones do I actually need to play? And since there's a fuckton of remixes and remakes and rereleases, what are those?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ullerrm posted:

So, I swear I asked this and got an answer in the SGDQ thread, but I promptly forgot the answer (or never read it closely). I've never played the KH games, and from what I understand it's basically just a typical JRPG with Disney characters.

1) Does the order matter?
2) What ones do I actually need to play? And since there's a fuckton of remixes and remakes and rereleases, what are those?

just buy the 1.5 + 2.5 collection on ps4, it has all the important games (minus dream drop distance, which is in 2.8)

you'll want to play them in release order, not chronologically

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

parabolic posted:

can they shorten your headset cord any more?

I like that the cord is attached to the runner's crotch

Also good morning

This Tony Hawk run is pretty funny so far.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jul 22, 2018

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

"This game has it all, and none of it's good."

Good morning. Time to descend upon the breakfast buffet.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Hello Speed Friends! I hope you're all enjoying the marathon and thread. I unfortunately am in a place with very unreliable internet so I won't really be able to participate much. Hope you all have fun and remember to :justpost:.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

"This game has it all, and none of it's good."

Good morning. Time to descend upon the breakfast buffet.

Post pics like a true nerd

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

parabolic posted:

can they shorten your headset cord any more?

lmao tell me about it

it was all tangled and poo poo and I couldn't get it free until like halfway through

that could've gone worse at least for me totally bullshitting my way through commentary for a game the entire couch has never ran

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

that could've gone worse at least for me totally bullshitting my way through commentary for a game the entire couch has never ran

One of the best personal traits one can have is the ability to convincingly talk bullshit about any topic.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Tony Hawk Run is p. good

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

lmao tell me about it

it was all tangled and poo poo and I couldn't get it free until like halfway through

I really hope you dropped fake lore in to make nerds mad about you talking poo poo about their canon

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Studio posted:

Tony Hawk Run is p. good

I feel like it's the kinda run that if it were run at a GDQ for a big audience it would end on a lot of peoples' "best of event" lists.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Haha, they were short on the Tony Hawk incentive so Maral ... erm, anonymous donated the missing 150 $ but it didn't go through in time, so they stopped and moved on ....

... and then it went through and they got everyone back and got running the incentive (THUG 2 any%) !

LOL @ "that cameraman guy"

"It's Tony Hawk, dude!"

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jul 22, 2018

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Starting the timer before the runner is ready and respecting women. This is a good run of a childhood game :allears:

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Good morning speedfriends! I’ve finished up what I need to do this morning so now I can watch some speedruns for the rest of the day (and maybe take a break to play a video game myself :ohdear: )

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I kinda want to see El Matador (IIRC the GDQ run was pretty crazy) so I'll pop out to the store at this point.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Hahahahaha, they're struggling so hard

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
Jaegerbombs are now ESA history.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I love this constant rolling over the air and through everything and backwards up walls, it’s fantastic

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The secret to Tomb Raider runs is that they're very good.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Studio posted:

:yeah:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Studio posted:

:yeah:

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

oh good i woke up in time for El Matador.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I laugh every time at the animation when they dodge roll sideways into a wall, this owns.

I’ve never seen or heard of this game before!

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

Style and grace.

Style and grace.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

RoboJoe posted:

I laugh every time at the animation when they dodge roll sideways into a wall, this owns.

Ive never seen or heard of this game before!

I think DrTChops running it at AGDQ 2018 was the first introduction for many people and it was glorious.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

CHAPTER 2 - THE FACTORY FOR DEAD

Oh god that swirling hahahaha

TeaJay posted:

I think DrTChops running it at AGDQ 2018 was the first introduction for many people and it was glorious.

Oh wow, I’m really sad I missed seeing it then, I definitely should have watched it!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love that swirling into out of bounds, then into negative space and beyond

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

RoboJoe posted:

CHAPTER 2 - THE FACTORY FOR DEAD

Oh god that swirling hahahaha

Oh wow, Im really sad I missed seeing it then, I definitely should have watched it!

One of the best parts of these events is seeing these unknown broken-rear end games getting broken even more.

It's on gdqvods.com if you want to catch it later.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

This is the "rolling in circles and ignoring walls and physics and gravity" block isn't it.

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

This is the "rolling in circles and ignoring walls and physics and gravity" block isn't it.

:pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"This was El Matador. It's quite a video game."

• Locked thread