Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

sometimes i wonder how late 90s/early 2000s shows feel they should acknowledge 9/11

a character in gilmore girls for example acknowledges that they live in a "post 9/11 world", but it's unclear if she's talking about the terrorist event or if some more mundane stuff went down

on sex and the city carrie bought a wtc snowglobe and looked at it sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Oxxidation posted:

enter the gungeon is the exemplar of “I hate this game that I can’t stop playing”

Shadowverse is that when the meta sucks but then they fix it after a month of suffering

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

corn in the bible posted:

on sex and the city carrie bought a wtc snowglobe and looked at it sadly

The saddest thing about that is imagining anyone sincerely buying a snowglobe of anything.
The entire purpose of snowglobes is drop them on your deathbed and say something mysterious or turn out to be where all the people in hospital really are.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Oxxidation posted:

enter the gungeon is the exemplar of “I hate this game

sounds right op

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
lol they're forecasting rain here every day but one for the next two weeks. Good time to chip away at my backlog I guess.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would love two weeks of rain

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Oxxidation posted:

enter the gungeon is the exemplar of “I hate this game that I can’t stop playing”

It is the exemplar of “I wish I was playing nuclear throne” imo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's gonna rain just in time for the no man's sky patch so I can escape into a different world where it's also raining but now I have a spacesuit

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Sopranos did the post 9/11 thing the best, where the agent looking into them gets shifted over to terrorism and is secretly pining to be buds with Tony

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I can beat Gungeon and I can't beat Nuclear Throne so I'm gonna have to say Gungeon is better game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Snooze Cruise posted:

The saddest thing about that is imagining anyone sincerely buying a snowglobe of anything.
The entire purpose of snowglobes is drop them on your deathbed and say something mysterious or turn out to be where all the people in hospital really are.

Wrong. You can also sell them to Mr. House for caps.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1020810816197726208

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

:boom:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nuclear throne ftw

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I already got all my kicks from nuclear throne

once you get melting’s b-skin and then one-shot the throne itself there’s really nowhere to go but down

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

do a run with no mutations

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

do a run with no mutations

? How is this possible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't mean difficulty wise just like. How do you not pick a mutation

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i posted my run in the imp zone nuclear throne thread like a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

looking back i think this is how i feel about binding of Isaac

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

i posted my run in the imp zone nuclear throne thread like a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yL-aAqJqvE

oh of course i remember this...an incredible accomplishment in gaming history.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yeah not to toot my own horn but that clean throne fight....... now that's chef kiss, baby

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Started on the Darkest Dungeon tonight and I am enjoying this RPG.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Remember that you don’t own your adventurers nothing. You are the town

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Remember that you don’t own your adventurers nothing. You are the town

They're your friends, and you should look out for them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

C-Euro posted:

lol they're forecasting rain here every day but one for the next two weeks. Good time to chip away at my backlog I guess.

It hasn't rained in the UK for about two months now. I'm starting to forget what clouds look like.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

YUCK NEWSPAPERS

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Rarity posted:

It hasn't rained in the UK for about two months now. I'm starting to forget what clouds look like.

I slept for two hours tonight because while it did rain here yesterday, it turns out Nordic houses are not really made for dealing with neverending heat and it's still 29 degrees in this apartment.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

Started on the Darkest Dungeon tonight and I am enjoying this RPG.

drat, that's another one that's been on my to-do list for a long time.

Rarity posted:

It hasn't rained here much lately and it's been really hot until recently so a cool wet spell isn't unwelcome, but I also like going outside sometimes (weird I know)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Welcome to the new normal thanks to climate change :smithicide:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
At least I'm not in Japan, that place has been crapped on left and right between the disastrous flooding and killer heat. Apparently it's been +38°C during the day in Kyoto for a week straight now, poor bastards.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is the writing good in iconoclasts? My eyes refuse to read it and theres so much to skip through its making the game seem like its not gonna be fun unless i care about this dumb world where wrenches are illegal

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kanfy posted:

At least I'm not in Japan, that place has been crapped on left and right between the disastrous flooding and killer heat. Apparently it's been +38°C during the day in Kyoto for a week straight now, poor bastards.

now, i know nothing about kansai side's regular weather patterns but in kanto, >95F errday is pretty normal for monsoon season

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Is the writing good in iconoclasts? My eyes refuse to read it and theres so much to skip through its making the game seem like its not gonna be fun unless i care about this dumb world where wrenches are illegal

I like where the story goes a lot, but I will admit that the early parts are probably the weakest. I think the end of the underwater base section is when it started to click for me?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

All you gotta do is show up in life

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rage quitting rear end creed origin tonight. 3 am and extreme controller lag in only this game with my bluetooth xb1 controller on pc is really not helping me enjoy the dozens of identical missions you need to grind to see the next bad cutscene.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

For the Crash trilogy remake, does spinning in air increase your hitbox for landing?

In the old games you could spin before landing to get a little more distance out of jumps.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Morning y'all! Today's my birthday and I plan to spend it at the movies, probably playing Cooking Mama between screenings. Been kind of feeling like poo poo lately so hopefully today is a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Happy b day dude and I hope you have a good day

Edit: I wanna say yes? They did almost keep everything from the games even Crash 1 spotty platforming.

• Locked thread