Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

thatbastardken posted:

felicia got herself a head start on cornering the big sack market.

She could make a killing selling bags with big dollar signs or "SWAG" written on the side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

This was kind of my take on what Felicia must be dragging behind her. Hauling a bunch of sacks of gold coins past house-sized piles of gold coins doesn't make a lot of sense, so she's probably got a load of rare poo poo like black glass and true silver that would be worth way more than your standard Guilder at this point.

Isn't she just taking whatever the other devils grabbed from the vault and hauled onto the ship?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Phy posted:

She could make a killing selling bags with big dollar signs or "SWAG" written on the side

I wonder what her customers would pay with.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Fister Roboto posted:

Joke's on Felicia, her stash is literally worthless now due to sudden infinite inflation.

I'd like to think that she knows that it's completely worthless and she's robbing them just out of principle.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Only a 40% casualty rate on the night curse, a poor showing. You want at least 70% to minimize the number of angry devils you screwed over coming after you.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
hey the two survivors were those who didn't go out of their way to screw over the rest of the team. how about that.

(RIP 1-11. Died and did nothing ever.)

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Pureauthor posted:

hey the two survivors were those who didn't go out of their way to screw over the rest of the team. how about that.

They also have healthy relationships with non-devils. Well Cat Master does, we don't know how well Charon treats his undead employees.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tollymain posted:

yeah considering charon's arm that was blown off at the elbow has already regrown itself devils are fuckin hardcore

Well he is a lizard-devil, growing bits back is a lizard thing.

I am sad they didn't adopt a pet cat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

This was kind of my take on what Felicia must be dragging behind her. Hauling a bunch of sacks of gold coins past house-sized piles of gold coins doesn't make a lot of sense, so she's probably got a load of rare poo poo like black glass and true silver that would be worth way more than your standard Guilder at this point.

I'm also really liking Charon's face in the last panel. Instead of looking disappointed or betrayed he is positively ecstatic at the sheer amount of golden wealth that surrounds him. On top of that, he has an army of undead to collect it all, which means the next time he pops up he's probably going to be the richest and fanciest devil in Throne.

Charon's gonna use that money to finally start that gondola business he always dreamed of.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

White Coke posted:

They also have healthy relationships with non-devils. Well Cat Master does, we don't know how well Charon treats his undead employees.

he deanimates all of them when they try to unionize

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Fister Roboto posted:

Charon's gonna use that money to finally start that gondola business he always dreamed of.

or make even more blinged out clothes

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Then again, this is probably not just a situation, where the money will be worth less, but a total market collapse. Massive layoffs, starving children and all that fun stuff. But I guess that world wasn't that great in the first place.

Mammonbucks(tm) aren't the ONLY currency in throne, it Really Really Sucks for the people who were primarily doing business in them but a lot of people will probably be able to switch over to doing business in other not quite as reliable currency.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

reignonyourparade posted:

Mammonbucks(tm) aren't the ONLY currency in throne, it Really Really Sucks for the people who were primarily doing business in them but a lot of people will probably be able to switch over to doing business in other not quite as reliable currency.

There's going to be a boom in re-minting Grand Bank coins into other counterfeit currencies.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
that lucky felicia is lucky

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Pureauthor posted:

(RIP 1-11. Died and did nothing ever.)

He was a catalyst for a really big explosion that killed a lot of rich murderers. We should all be so lucky.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I feel like Cio's claiming too much credit for this war. Absolutely nothing would be different if they hadn't gone in.

All they accomplished in the end was getting Allison a new dye-job and getting a few devils killed.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paragon1 posted:

He was a catalyst for a really big explosion that killed a lot of rich murderers. We should all be so lucky.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I feel like Cio's claiming too much credit for this war. Absolutely nothing would be different if they hadn't gone in.

All they accomplished in the end was getting Allison a new dye-job and getting a few devils killed.

Mottom only hit Yre because she was chasing after Allison. Her spy network is probably good enough that if they hadn't gone in, the war wouldn't have happened.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

MikeJF posted:

well, Mottom wouldn't have gone in if Allison never came to Mottom in the first place, and both angered her and gave her reason to believe she was going to Mammon's fortress. so it's still kind of her fault, even though she probably wouldn't have known meeting with Mottom would have that consequence

although, maybe she should have. delivering over the ultimate weapon to one member in a 7-state stalemate was going to cause war no matter what, even if it's just one of the other major powers coming after her for it

though, maybe she could have just conquered the others bloodlessly without using it, lording it over their heads like a nuclear bomb. but that doesn't sound like something a demiurge would do, just stand by and be cowed

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
You can't reach heaven without breaking six billion eggs.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the other hand, mottom seemed p well cowed by her court in private

i mean after allison's meddling she clearly doesnt give a poo poo but thats because shes not got eternity to feel bad about it w/o doing anything anymore

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tollymain posted:

on the other hand, mottom seemed p well cowed by her court in private

i mean after allison's meddling she clearly doesnt give a poo poo but thats because shes not got eternity to feel bad about it w/o doing anything anymore

yeah, but the big red guy probably wouldn't be cowed by Mottom wielding the key of kings. he might even lose against her with it if she had the nerve to use it, but it would be a horrible bloody mess. and if she didn't have the nerve to use it, there's a good chance he'd make a move to seize it from her

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e: wrong threade

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I'm pretty sure Mottom knew Allison had entered Yre.
When she comes in she's not asking about Zaid or if Allison has arrived yet, she knew Allison was in the vault.
That tells me she got wind of Alison's heist, and wouldn't have come if Allison had stayed away.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Joe Slowboat posted:

When she comes in she's not asking about Zaid or if Allison has arrived yet, she knew Allison was in the vault.
That tells me she got wind of Alison's heist, and wouldn't have come if Allison had stayed away.

she knew Allison was going there because Mottom is the one who told Allison where Zaid was being kept

that's what she meant by "I sent her here"

if she was foolish enough to confront one demiurge about this matter, she is foolish to confront another

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I meant the timing - I don't think it was a coincidence that she burst in just after Allison and party stumbled into Ynamon.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Darth Walrus posted:

Mottom only hit Yre because she was chasing after Allison. Her spy network is probably good enough that if they hadn't gone in, the war wouldn't have happened.

Joe Slowboat posted:

I don't think Mottom is acting even this rationally. I think it's as simple as she told Allison that's where Zaid was and decided to tear the place apart to find her without caring about the consequences. I doubt she even double checked that Allison went into Yre.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

quote:

3. The sanctioned action is to Crash A Floating City Into A Tesseract-Megavault
- Meti's Sword Manual

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

if Mottom was spending spies out to find out Allison's plans she woulda just found her on the boat; she's been busy since the gang escaped setting her whole palace on fire and whipping it

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 23, 2018

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Hremsfeld posted:

- Meti's Sword Manual

when you think about it everything is cutting

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A palace is just a large, bureaucratic blade.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

wiegieman posted:

when you think about it everything is cutting

The first step of the Art of Cutting.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The second step is to not think about it

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tenebrais posted:

A palace is just a large, bureaucratic blade.

For what other purpose do we create red tape?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I would really enjoy periodic interludes of Allison popping back into her apartment and her roommates growing increasingly freaked out at what keeps happening to her.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

"WHY DO YOU HAVE A SCAR ACROSS YOUR FACE? WHERE'D YOU GET THAT SCAR?!

"Oh, that. It's from my girlfriend; though to be fair I did leave her to die..."

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just realized well-dressed bugman got hosed up p bad back in the battle of the teacups too. he may yet live

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

theshim posted:

I would really enjoy periodic interludes of Allison popping back into her apartment and her roommates growing increasingly freaked out at what keeps happening to her.

I’d love that but with the whole gang of suspiciously good cosplayers.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"allison what the hell is going on"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Demiurge4 posted:

I’d love that but with the whole gang of suspiciously good cosplayers.

"You brought the sword back?! AND IT HAS BLOOD ON IT?! What are you DO- oh, nice work on the horns."