Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently they took the game apart and found out why the crash 1 remake has worse platforming: new engines use a pill-shaped hitbox, while the original crash game had a cylindrical one. They didn't adjust any of the platforms to accommodate the change in hitbox so the jumps became way harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
KCB and I went to the zoo yesterday and we had a lot of fun except for when my chronic fatigue started getting the better of me and I felt like I was gonna just fall asleep anywhere. Also the GPS initially took us to a location that is most definitely not the zoo, and is in fact 2 hours away from the zoo, so that was fun when we arrived at that place and the GPS was all "you're at the zoo" and we're like "this is not the zoo!!!"

The GPS was being stupid, it marked this particular location as being the "Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium" but if you manually go in and set it to show attractions near Pittsburgh, it lists 2 separate entries with the same address, "Pittsburgh Zoo" and "PPG Aquarium." It was real dumb. The place it initially took us to was an international conservation center run by the Pittsburgh Zoo so it was just a large closed gate with some empty fields.

Also, the super long escalator going up was fine but the one going down was disassembled and being worked on so I guess they didn't sell enough $6.50 hot dogs.

After the zoo, we had to go find a sheetz so we could get the address for the Pirata restaurant since the GPS didn't know what Pirata was, then when we parked in one of the garages in downtown Pittsburgh, we ended up wandering around trying to find Pirata but it was a tough time finding it because we couldn't find the right street it was on. Eventually we managed to find it and the food there was good, didn't try any of the alcoholic drinks though because I unfortunately can't really drink alcohol, as much as I'd love to drink some rum and rum-based drinks, I know it'll mess up my body due to all the meds I'm on, and KCB can't drink either because she's the driver and she is also on meds that alcohol would interact poorly with.

All in all, we had a good time despite numerous troubles that came up.

lol wut

glam rock hamhock posted:

Morning y'all! Today's my birthday and I plan to spend it at the movies, probably playing Cooking Mama between screenings. Been kind of feeling like poo poo lately so hopefully today is a good day.

Happy birthday glam rock hamhock!! I hope you have a good day!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Real hurthling! posted:

Is the writing good in iconoclasts? My eyes refuse to read it and theres so much to skip through its making the game seem like its not gonna be fun unless i care about this dumb world where wrenches are illegal

Real hurthling! posted:

Rage quitting rear end creed origin tonight. 3 am and extreme controller lag in only this game with my bluetooth xb1 controller on pc is really not helping me enjoy the dozens of identical missions you need to grind to see the next bad cutscene.

How about you play a game you enjoy for once, then?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

How about you play a game you enjoy for once, then?

I beat them all. Im just :filez: ing games i missed from last year during this summer lull to see if my intuition on what games i bought was correct.

Current games im playing that i like: octopath, yokus island express, danganronpa

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat them all. Im just :filez: ing games i missed from last year to see if my intuition on what games i bought was correct.

Jesus Christ

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Morning y'all! Today's my birthday and I plan to spend it at the movies, probably playing Cooking Mama between screenings. Been kind of feeling like poo poo lately so hopefully today is a good day.

happy birthday! what are you seeing?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

happy birthday! what are you seeing?

Thank you. I'mma see Unfriended Dark Web (I really liked the original), Three Identical Strangers, Ant-Man and Wasp and Incredibles 2.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I've been thinking about giving the original Unfriended a watch. The premise sounded clever: but before I knew it the sequel is already out lol.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Thank you. I'mma see Unfriended Dark Web (I really liked the original), Three Identical Strangers, Ant-Man and Wasp and Incredibles 2.

Well godspeed to you for having the ability to sit in movie theaters for like ten solid hours.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Raxivace posted:

I've been thinking about giving the original Unfriended a watch. The premise sounded clever: but before I knew it the sequel is already out lol.

It's poo poo so you didn't miss out on anything

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

codenameFANGIO posted:

Well godspeed to you for having the ability to sit in movie theaters for like ten solid hours.

I go to Sundance every year so this is nothing. I honestly would have also had one more movie if the person I'm going with would have been willing to see the new Purge movie.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

The GPS was being stupid

I used a fancy Garmin GPS navigator extensively for a while a few years ago and this poo poo always happened. Nowadays Google Maps is absolutely superior and cheaper. I've never once had a problem such as "being led two hours away from my destination" once I decided to use a smartphone for navigation.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mak0rz posted:

I used a fancy Garmin GPS navigator extensively for a while a few years ago. Nowadays Google Maps is absolutely superior and cheaper.

We got a Garmin for my dad last Christmas but it's only because he hates smartphones and also asking for directions

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I will add that it does require cell access/internet to work. Though I think you can download your routes in advance if you're planning on going to remote places or don't want to use data.

corn in the bible posted:

We got a Garmin for my dad last Christmas but it's only because he hates smartphones and also asking for directions

He's going to have to pay a smartphone's worth of money to update that every year or so. Does he know that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Garmin a scam?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn it feels nice to actually win a round of R6:Siege once in a while.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Taintrunner posted:

Goddamn it feels nice to actually win a round of R6:Siege once in a while.

R6 Siege is pretty good and I'm very glad I quit playing it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mak0rz posted:

I will add that it does require cell access/internet to work. Though I think you can download your routes in advance if you're planning on going to remote places or don't want to use data.

He's going to have to pay a smartphone's worth of money to update that every year or so. Does he know that?

You can pay extra upfront for LIFETIME FREE UPDATE which yes I know I know it's a stupid waste of money overall but he gets lost ok

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am honestly surprised that Garmin is still in business, is it covering the same market niche as those companies that make phones for seniors with huge keypads

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am honestly surprised that Garmin is still in business, is it covering the same market niche as those companies that make phones for seniors with huge keypads

They make more than just vehicle navigators.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
My girlfriend and I went to a wedding in Vermont this weekend, and drove up from New York, which we do a couple times a year. This time I had a switch which made the drive soooooo much easier. It reminded me of playing game boy on road trips growing up, except I’m vaping the entire time. I should have brought it to the wedding, we had a very boring group at our table.

This is like the 15th wedding we’ve had in the past couple years, we’ve basically started playing bingo with the common elements.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

my head is in agony after two movies, pretty sure four would make it explode

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm going to see Unfriended 2, not because I think it'll be good, but because I know it'll be bad. I'm worried it might not be as goofy as the first one since it's a criminal conspiracy instead of a spooky internet ghost but we're getting in on free passes so it's only a complete waste of time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Unfriended was great, and I'm glad they are making more movies like it.

Looking forward to Searching

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
does unfriended fit into the same continuity as god friended me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saw the trailer for Godzilla: King of the Monsters and I am pretty hyped for that. :homebrew:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

So I'm doing the White Palace in Hollow Knight and where the frick is the second light switch in the second part? I went through that Meatboy sawblade gauntlet twice looking for the other one!

lmao nevermind it's on the other side :downs:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Unfriended was great, and I'm glad they are making more movies like it.

Looking forward to Searching

I saw Searching at Sundance and it ruled

Unfriended 2 is not as good as it, but it also kinda owned

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
yea

do you guys ever get bored of your current rotation of games but lack the energy/essence/willpower to try a new one?

I've been wanting to try out kenshi, which i own and have installed, but i think i prefer the warm familiarity of rimworld and hearts of iron IV

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Apparently they took the game apart and found out why the crash 1 remake has worse platforming: new engines use a pill-shaped hitbox, while the original crash game had a cylindrical one. They didn't adjust any of the platforms to accommodate the change in hitbox so the jumps became way harder.

Didn't they actually go back and fix this issue with a patch?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
So, Heavy Rain... what the gently caress was the point of that dream sequence? David Cage just wanted to pointlessly show a woman getting assaulted and murdered for no reason as her intro? :psyduck:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dewgy posted:

So, Heavy Rain... what the gently caress was the point of that dream sequence? David Cage just wanted to pointlessly show a woman getting assaulted and murdered for no reason as her intro? :psyduck:

probably

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

FanaticalMilk posted:

Didn't they actually go back and fix this issue with a patch?

if they did, its still pretty difficult compared to 2 and 3. at least the newer games had the dash-jump and double jumps which made my average death by falling plummet.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Oh wait I forgot about the taking a shower part of the dream. That was essential for character development.

also what the gently caress why does she have a gym shower in her apartment and like five sinks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dewgy posted:

David Cage just wanted to pointlessly show a woman getting assaulted and murdered for no reason as her intro? :psyduck:

Yes.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Saw the trailer for Godzilla: King of the Monsters and I am pretty hyped for that. :homebrew:

Is Godzilla Jesus or what

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

buglord posted:

if they did, its still pretty difficult compared to 2 and 3. at least the newer games had the dash-jump and double jumps which made my average death by falling plummet.

Well, I just googled it, and it doesn't look like they changed anything. That being said, I just beat Crash Bandicoot 1 yesterday, along with Stormy Ascent. It was definitely very difficult but it never felt like I was missing jumps I should be making. Though I've also never played the original so I don't have the context to notice in the first place.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dewgy posted:

Detroit was bad and then I played the other ones cuz they were free at some point and holy poo poo they’re terrible

Why is he allowed to make these

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dewgy posted:

David Cage is a creep that kept his own personal scrapbook of photos of Ellen Page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Detroit was bad and then I played the other ones cuz they were free at some point and holy poo poo they’re terrible

Why is he allowed to make these

BAFTA must stand for “bullshit rear end loving terrible acting” if they won awards for this.

• Locked thread