Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

same, dude

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

RoboJoe posted:

I think thats partly why I cant solidly get into speedrunning games, I just lack the dedication to a single game because there are so many other good games I want to play and theres never enough time.

Im hoping something like super Metroid or link to the past might do it for me, or maybe as mentioned Dragons Dogma because I love the game and it also has a built in speedrun mode!

I finally started keeping up with the goon LttP group, I beat four seeds so far this week. Improved from 3:45 to 3:04. Getting better. Still haven't finished my FFV Four Job Fiesta yet, need to do that before I can let myself continue Octopath.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Pokémon Snap setup was an adventure, two N64s and three video cables there was no signal and nobody knew why

Eventually an extremely ghetto setup happened, linkboss has pictures on his Twitter.

also: The first N64 turned out to not have the default thing in the slot for the expansion pak, though the issues went way deeper than that. The video quality suffered a lot as a result. Also that was me on commentary because Snap is literally my favourite Pokémon game so I asked if I could be on commentary and Dante was fine with it!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Mashing the Bark button is this game's version of

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

"Cyan" "Turquoise"

I'm really impressed, I speak French fluently but I don't know words like that. It's impressive how all of these runners are doing this event in a non-native language. I could probably run a game in French but I'd have to get pretty familiar with it first.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

WilliamAnderson posted:

I finally started keeping up with the goon LttP group, I beat four seeds so far this week. Improved from 3:45 to 3:04. Getting better. Still haven't finished my FFV Four Job Fiesta yet, need to do that before I can let myself continue Octopath.

That’s awesome! Link to the past looks a lot of fun from all I’ve seen at speedrun events. I got some advice from the main speedrun thread already so I’ll have to give it a go sometime soon.

Another big reason I wanted a SNES Classic is because I never owned a SNES so I’ve never played any of the games on the classic, so I’m looking forward to trying Earthbound and FFVI sometime :)

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

Pokémon Snap setup was an adventure, two N64s and three video cables there was no signal and nobody knew why

Eventually an extremely ghetto setup happened, linkboss has pictures on his Twitter.

also: The first N64 turned out to not have the default thing in the slot for the expansion pak, though the issues went way deeper than that. The video quality suffered a lot as a result. Also that was me on commentary because Snap is literally my favourite Pokémon game so I asked if I could be on commentary and Dante was fine with it!

I was wondering why it looked like it was being run on a dying CRT. Also I had no idea that was you, that's neat~

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

KennyMan666 posted:

Pokmon Snap setup was an adventure, two N64s and three video cables there was no signal and nobody knew why

also: The first N64 turned out to not have the default thing in the slot for the expansion pak, though the issues went way deeper than that. The video quality suffered a lot as a result. Also that was me on commentary because Snap is literally my favourite Pokmon game so I asked if I could be on commentary and Dante was fine with it!

I didn't know that was you! You did a good job!

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Raised By Birds posted:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Raised By Birds posted:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

RoboJoe posted:

That’s awesome! Link to the past looks a lot of fun from all I’ve seen at speedrun events. I got some advice from the main speedrun thread already so I’ll have to give it a go sometime soon.

Another big reason I wanted a SNES Classic is because I never owned a SNES so I’ve never played any of the games on the classic, so I’m looking forward to trying Earthbound and FFVI sometime :)

You can also play FFV with the GBA translation patch if you want to try the four job fiesta. Also, play Super Metroid!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Help I keep buying games and then just playing the old games I always play and not the new ones.

<--- Bad with gaming money, likes shiny objects and untapped potential

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
:geno: "Help. I'm trapped behind this door."

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Danish obsession with smørrebrød (what people mistakenly call open-faced sandwiches) being the cause of translation errors? Who would've thunk.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Okay when they animate being able to see Jake's breath, his pupils get drawn over it but the sclera of his eyes go behind it, it's weird.

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Raised By Birds posted:

Okay when they animate being able to see Jake's breath, his pupils get drawn over it but the sclera of his eyes go behind it, it's weird.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
For a big heavy dog he sure as gently caress can JUMP

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Yeah. It was even more apparent when he was talking with the guy who was trapped in the room. Even the irises get drawn behind, but the pupils go in front, why? :stare:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

I always like the bone animation where it tries to run away between the dogs legs then comes back to be eaten

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
This town is populated by Perfectly Normal Human People Like You.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Rendering priority is hard. Graphics engines are arcane beasts.

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

frontier made this game??

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

helmet get

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

parabolic posted:

helmet get

Bark

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

BOING

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
How does a steak dinner produce a bone like that?

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, I slept real badly last few nights due to the heat wave in Scandinavia right now so I'll call it in hopes for a good nights' sleep. Catch you later tomorrow.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Raised By Birds posted:

How does a steak dinner produce a bone like that?

Very junior butcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

TeaJay posted:

Okay, I slept real badly last few nights due to the heat wave in Scandinavia right now so I'll call it in hopes for a good nights' sleep. Catch you later tomorrow.

:fluffy: :wave:

• Locked thread