Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

motoh posted:

What are some good shotguns? I've enjoyed the Strun but I want to really go into the 'shoot the entire screen dead' territory.

The Kohm instantly became my go-to gun and stayed my favourite until I got to about MR13 and built the Arca Plasmor. I still use it for missions with lots of infested mooks. If you can build it, make it a priority. (Also, build Hek as soon as you hit MR4, just be prepared to spend a lot of time reloading it.)

Pipski fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hek is very, very good for an mr4 gun, you may still be using it in engame missions.

You'll want to see if you can get carried through some Earth / Mercury / Venus / Mars nightmare missions until you get chilling reload, which almost halves your reload time. It also adds cold damage, which you can pair with a +heat mod to add blast damage.

The real warcrime shotgun is the arca plasmor at MR10, which is more of a radioactive fireball launcher than a shotgun.

Tigris is also good at mr7, double barrelled shotgun. Corith is very pretty but probably outclassed by the strun wraith, drakgoon is odd but also fun (rebounding flak cannon with an index mod that makes the pellets ricochet).

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jul 17, 2018

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I'm not in the Goon Clan (nobody was ever on to do stuff with, so I switched to a different one) but any of you new folks (or even not new!) feel free to add me and I'll happily ferry you around or give you a mini-tutorial and hand you lots of mods and stuff. My PSN is veddermatic Hit me up in in-game chat any time I am on.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If that happens, you need to be the one who quits. Get through the portal to the next round, then drop to the dashboard and close the game down. When you log back in, you should have an in-game mail with your items in it.

I realise this will make things worse for the other players, but gently caress it you'll have your neuroptics.

I learned something last night: You can just not go through the portal to the next wave and you will exit with all XP, focus, and rewards. No need for shenanigans!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Lumpy posted:

I learned something last night: You can just not go through the portal to the next wave and you will exit with all XP, focus, and rewards. No need for shenanigans!
You can, it just cuts the bullshit if you get host migration or connection problems on the very next round.

I remember reading on the main thread that to get (for example) the reward for round 4, you need to go through the portal at the end of round 4 and then not extract at the end of 5. You get the rewards for 4 but not 5 in that case.

I might have misunderstood though. Requires further testing, I just remember hearing people pretty much pulling out the network cable as soon as they went through the portal in order to keep the neuroptics.

I just wish there was something we could do with all the duplicate captura scenes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Currently shopping for a clan after a console malfunction and lengthy repair period got me booted out of the last one. Tag is ‘Iaculus’, starting with an i.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Just popping in to say that the panthera is the most satisfying gun yet

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

runwiled posted:

Hello Goons! I've recently started playing this incredibly dense thing and am fumbling through the first few hours. I'd be interested in joining the clan for PS4 players and perhaps team up for Tenno shenanigans. Is there a particular place I go to sign-up, like a Discord?

Edit: I also got one of those 75% discounts as my daily reward. Is there a recommendation on what I should use that on?

Don't be afraid to just type poo poo into the alliance chat. Hell invite alliance people to chat parties. I'll talk about the game with people even if I'm playing something else (because I'm definitely playing something else most of the time, letting new warframe stuff pile up so I have lots of stuff to do). I'll even help do stuff.

Lumpy posted:

I'm not in the Goon Clan (nobody was ever on to do stuff with, so I switched to a different one) but any of you new folks (or even not new!) feel free to add me and I'll happily ferry you around or give you a mini-tutorial and hand you lots of mods and stuff. My PSN is veddermatic Hit me up in in-game chat any time I am on.

On this note, I reiterate to definitely use the alliance tab to new guys. It's pretty much a goon alliance.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 19, 2018

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
What's...the alliance tab?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

runwiled posted:

Guilds join together under an alliance. It's a guild of guilds.

Lots of MMOs do it so that you can visit the other guilds in the alliance and benefit from them having upgraded everything if your guild hasn't. There might be more to it with Warframe.

Essentially Alliance just casts to all connected guilds, not just the one you're signed up to.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

runwiled posted:

it's the chat tab to the right of the clan chat tab

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
So I started this up and spent my initial 150 premium currency on consmetic poo poo, but then it turns out you have to buy inventory slots!? The collector in me is extremely nonplussed. Is there a way to unlock more via gameplay or is this the point where I fork over for plat?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

It’s one of the few things you need to fork over plat for, sadly.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Azzanadra posted:

It’s one of the few things you need to fork over plat for, sadly.

Technically you can get a (very) few of them by getting quest reward weapons and frames, then selling said weapons and frames for credits, but that is generally a very bad idea. The good news is, it is pretty easy to make enough plat to keep yourself rolling in inventory slots by selling junk prime parts when Baro comes around.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Slots only cost about 20 plat, and you can earn that selling rare mods from alerts / nightmare on trade. Console trading is not generally as good as PC but it's still possible to make enough to buy plenty of slots.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 20, 2018

Jinkii
Jan 17, 2011
Can someone invite me to a goon clan? Username Jinkii485

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Golgozor posted:

it's the chat tab to the right of the clan chat tab

I don't have clan chat, presumably because I'm not in a clan? I asked about joining one in this thread and just joined the PS4 community. Is it better to ask there?

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

runwiled posted:

I don't have clan chat, presumably because I'm not in a clan? I asked about joining one in this thread and just joined the PS4 community. Is it better to ask there?

Yes

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

It's been a few weeks now, and I've adapted to it about as well as I think you can, but the menu interface on console is still absolutely loving horrible now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I really want the triangle shortcut back to switch between matchmaking types.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I really want the triangle shortcut back to switch between matchmaking types.

Even just 'not shifting your view halfway across the solar system when you change matchmaking type' would be an improvement.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh Jesus yes that's annoying. Especially when the map moves relative to your cirsor, so you can't srlect any of the planets around the edge of the map, at least not without loving about with the hypersensitive zoom.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm still not a fan of the new control scheme for menu's. It was perfectly serviceable before they hosed it up when I was new.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Does anyone else have horribly bad framerate drops when playing with three other people? Especially stuff like the sanctuary onslaught and infested salvage can turn into an unplayable slideshow when a lot of poo poo is happening.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

I had to turn down particle effects to low on my launch ps4, something about how the infest just spawn assloads of particles when they die makes me wonder why they bothered with it on ps4.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Same here, although mostly because I was using Amprex with combustion beam on infested maps. That thing is obscene and should not be allowed.

This is also with the resolution turned down to 720p, since I don't want to turn my spare bedroom into an oven in this heat.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So I was thinking of just buying that Nyx prime bundle to bypass the grind since she's one of my favorite frames to play as. I went to see how much the Limbo prime pack was to get an idea and at that price I think I'll slog through relics instead.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The vault packs are way less, usually it’s around $60 for the combo pack when they’re unvaulting two frame packs.

That said with plains bounties dropping whatever the most recent relics are buying the primes outright is probably a bad idea anyway.

I only bought the Limbo pack because priming the most hated frame is funny as hell.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
I got two guys wanting invites, but the clan is full right now, hoping the other goon clan will pick them up.
As much I hate to do it, might have to upgrade.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Golgozor posted:

I got two guys wanting invites, but the clan is full right now, hoping the other goon clan will pick them up.
As much I hate to do it, might have to upgrade.

If I was one of them, I managed to find a home with the other goon clan, so thank you very much for going to that effort. It is appreciated.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

runwiled posted:

If I was one of them, I managed to find a home with the other goon clan, so thank you very much for going to that effort. It is appreciated.

Yeah, raptor1033 picked up the last two or three that posted in the community. I'd like to put off expanding size as long as possible (like after hema lol).

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 25, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've got a 75% off coupon on PS4, can these be straight up sold on trade, or is it a multiple step process?

I'm a little annoyed because if I was on PC I could use this to get the Rhino Prime pack 75% off, right? If there's any way of doing that on console then I'll absolutely go for it, but I'm not sure you can.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've got a 75% off coupon on PS4, can these be straight up sold on trade, or is it a multiple step process?

I'm a little annoyed because if I was on PC I could use this to get the Rhino Prime pack 75% off, right? If there's any way of doing that on console then I'll absolutely go for it, but I'm not sure you can.

My understanding is that coupons on console are for a single purchase from the market. They cannot be sold or traded.

On PC they're for a single platinum purchase. Only plat. You cannot use them on Prime Access or unvault packs like Rhino. They also cannot be traded or sold (although you can trade the plat, of course).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Well that makes me feel better about it anyway. I'll probably buy a normal frame and then grind for rhino.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

This game is really cool and I'm glad I saw this new thread pop up because I just got into this like a week ago as a Destiny 2 refugee and felt kind of daunted by that huge thread from before. Only a few days away from getting my first Prime frame and I should probably send an invite to one of these PS4 clans! Thanks for the new thread!

Helter Skelter posted:

My understanding is that coupons on console are for a single purchase from the market. They cannot be sold or traded.

I see people in trade chat offering to sell those coupons but I never know if that's a joke or not, but yeah they're for a single purchase. I used mine to buy a Frame.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Policenaut posted:

I see people in trade chat offering to sell those coupons but I never know if that's a joke or not, but yeah they're for a single purchase. I used mine to buy a Frame.

Maybe you could use it on a gift purchase? That seems like it'd be annoying to deal with, though.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

From a brief Google, it seems like there is a way for both players to benefit but it requires a lot of trust and collateral in the form of prime parts, I couldn't really understand it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Console Baro has heat split stat mods, primed continuity, prisma grakata and skana, crefit booster, and geordi LaForge operator visor.

Also Baro noggle, prisma sigil, skins for Elexis, scimitar & twin grakata, splat glyph, Hecate syandana, weird shoulder wings and sands of Inaros quest.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Any of those a must have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Heat split stats and primed continuity are pretty drat useful.