Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
X legacy collection for the switch just shipped to my house for 35 bucks.

Nintendo ftw!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that legacy collection is a bad deal because there's only one good x game

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm aware that the games after 5 are grease fires, but I've never played any of them, and want to experience first hand the pleasure of x1-x5, and how comically bad x6-x8 are.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Notice like most franchises they got bad when they went from Nintendo consoles to Sony

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I'm aware that the games after 5 are grease fires, but I've never played any of them, and want to experience first hand the pleasure of x1-x5, and how comically bad x6-x8 are.

2 is barely ok and theyre already terrible by 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah the X games outside of 1 are not worth it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually X8 is kinda decent lol.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
2 is almost as good as 1. 3, 4 and 5 are Fine. It’s really just 6 and 7 that are actively bad

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
should i mod my old 3dsxl after i do the data transfer? how easy is it? please advise uncle at nintendo

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

a Loving Dog posted:

should i mod my old 3dsxl after i do the data transfer? how easy is it? please advise uncle at nintendo

You should, yeah. I really do recommend a - ̗̀ new ̖́- Nintendo 3ds XL if you are really into super Nintendo games but aside from that, the old one is good too

Anyway, this is the most current and best guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide

You're lucky you started this now. I hacked mine years ago and it required all sorts of crazy poo poo like Cubic Ninja and DSi software and like every month I had to redo everything because new updated hacks came out. This latest one should pretty much be the end-all-be-all.

Anyway let me know if you need any help and i am sure I can lend a hand

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

its really easy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

megaman x 3 is absolutely miserable i played it like 6 months ago its awful. AWFUL

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious loyall X posted:

megaman x 3 is absolutely miserable i played it like 6 months ago its awful. AWFUL

And an snes cart of it is only $350

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I want to hate octopath because it’s $60 for a pixel art game with bad voice acting yet 2 1/2 hours into the demo and I keep getting closer to buying it

help

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ripoff posted:

I want to hate octopath because it’s $60 for a pixel art game with bad voice acting yet 2 1/2 hours into the demo and I keep getting closer to buying it

help

Don't post like this.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Pixel art is not a drawback.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

that ivy guy posted:

Pixel art is not a drawback.

Yeah I guess the thing is that it’s honestly becoming a super good game and I am whining for having to shell out $60 for it but will probably do so anyways.

I’m not even through the beginning hours of Nier:Automata and Witcher III and this game comes out and welp gently caress you, time and money.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

stupid loving game with awesome pixel art and combat system!!! loving bullshit!! send hlep

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ripoff posted:

help

I am sorry you wanted to hate the video game and are failing.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Ripoff posted:

I want to hate

The mantra of the Games poster

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ripoff posted:

Yeah I guess the thing is that it’s honestly becoming a super good game and I am whining for having to shell out $60 for it but will probably do so anyways.

I’m not even through the beginning hours of Nier:Automata and Witcher III and this game comes out and welp gently caress you, time and money.

N

I

G

G

E

R

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

They're giving away amzing looking games like fortnite for free like a bau5 (shoutouts to pubg meets deadmau5 btw)but the human garbage at sqaure are cargo culting pixel art for :20bux: times 3 goonsire

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

HolePisser1982 posted:

• are you crying because of the cows dude?

can someone explain this meme to me I think I'm familiar with it but I saw it referenced in another thread and this is the only thread that came up when I searched it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Stefan Prodan posted:

can someone explain this meme to me I think I'm familiar with it but I saw it referenced in another thread and this is the only thread that came up when I searched it

read this thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795534

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

ohhhhhh yeah evevn just clicking that now I remember

thank you

this was a good thread

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Ripoff posted:

help

gently caress you

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

absolutely anything posted:

gently caress you

This

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress yeah make that noob pay.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

imagine wanting not to like a video game. imagine wishing a video game were worse than it is

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Megaman X has god tier music at least

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Ripoff posted:

help

:concerned:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Threads that make you pay the noob tax

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who's cooler, Mega Man or Mega Man X?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Who's cooler, Mega Man or Mega Man X?

Protoman

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Tron Bonne

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Did any development happen on mega man legends 3 before it was canned?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ripoff posted:

I want to hate octopath because it’s $60 for a pixel art game

:chloe:

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

X4 is really good. Second to X1 IMO.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

X5 was so bad that I gave up on the series. By what I've seen of X6 that was a wise decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

enter the gungeon is fun but way too buggy right now. i think like 15% of my runs are ending in the game freezing or crashing