Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"That's never happened before!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Man, I'm so glad Rick Astley experimented in Eurobeat.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Holy poo poo I just noticed the music!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

D. Ebdrup posted:

Holy poo poo I just noticed the music!

WE'RE NO STRANGERS TO LOVE
YOU KNOW THE RULES AND SO DO I

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ramos posted:

WE'RE NO STRANGERS TO LOVE
YOU KNOW THE RULES AND SO DO I
I unironically enjoy Rick Astley, because Stock, Aitken, and Waterman made really good pop music.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

D. Ebdrup posted:

I unironically enjoy Rick Astley, because Stock, Aitken, and Waterman made really good pop music.

Rick Astley definitely puts out some good music but like everything else, it sounds better when it's eurobeat.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

4 hour Need for Speed run on stream 1
A PINGU game on stream 2

I guess what I'll be watching. Although I need to pop out to the store and and run some errands too, so catch you later.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ramos posted:

Rick Astley definitely puts out some good music but like everything else, it sounds better when it's eurobeat.
For a goodly number of years I spent evenings IRCing to eurobeat and/or cybertrance streamed from Japan, so I fully agree!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Someone go submit the suggestion to ESA that if they do two streams to line up the schedules right next to each other rather than making people constantly scroll up and down.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Hell yeah Pingu

TOOT TOOT

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

MOOG MOOG

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

GOOD PLAY

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

You can leave no friends behind?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm digging these french accents talking about Pingu

and dancing

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Always kind of ironic to hear people say they're going to take their time during a speedrun.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That other guy sucks at hockey

lol, he fell and still scored

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Not going to lie, Pingu's little brother is absolutely adorable. :kimchi:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:yeah:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Looks like it's either four hours of watching a car go forward or a bunch of potentially funny and weird games about animals and dinosaurs.

Tough choice there.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Woof, four hour racing game? Locking in to stream 2 hard

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wild Animal Racing sure is something.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Wild Animal Racing off to a strong start!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Believe it or not, this game controls worse than it looks.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Why is this game

No second half to that question, just why is this game.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Teddybear posted:

Why is this game

No second half to that question, just why is this game.

lovely cart racers are really easy to put together? Four to eight maps, some racers of mild variability, five or six pick up items and you're good to go.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Had a head banger there for a moment before it suddenly dropped everything.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I am walking to the store simply listening to the audio for the animal race game and the commentary could be released as a transcript of its own.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

My eyes, they burn.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

I will give whoever made this points for novelty regarding this Mandelbrot World.

Is this, like, an animal-based Awful Block going on right now?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

It's just broken enough to work together perfectly.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

GOSH!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm back to catch ... "Gnomes vs. Fairies" ?

Have to see that Wild animal racing with video as well, the audio was absolutely hilarious at least

Later on, I'm excited for the NES block. I don't know how Bionic Commando Rearmed works without PJ, but the game itself should present opportunities for shenanigans.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

TeaJay posted:

I'm back to catch ... "Gnomes vs. Fairies" ?

Have to see that Wild animal racing with video as well, the audio was absolutely hilarious at least

Later on, I'm excited for the NES block. I don't know how Bionic Commando Rearmed works without PJ, but the game itself should present opportunities for shenanigans.

Fun fact, the runner, Viktor, is the brother of no other than Simon Viklund, the guy who did the soundtrack for the game, but he's more knows for his bangin tunes made for the Payday series. I think Simon might be there for commentary as well.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"So this game had ... questionable programming"

Littlefoot handles like a shopping cart

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"This is how Littlefoot becomes Bigfoot"

:vince:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm gonna be around for Rearmed, at least, and then I'm going to be on donation reading throughout a bunch of the following NES block - am scheduled to take the station during Rearmed - so get your donations in during that so I can read them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

I'm gonna be around for Rearmed, at least, and then I'm going to be on donation reading throughout a bunch of the following NES block - am scheduled to take the station during Rearmed - so get your donations in during that so I can read them!

I had some lunch and made coffee, so I'm ready to watch a few more runs in the afternoon / evening. Good luck on your station! I'll try make a donation with some Finnish towns so I can hear you struggle with them.

Meanwhile, as this Need for Speed run is drawing near the end, they are going 300 km/h on what looks like the VW Beetle.

• Locked thread