Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Comrades is real fun btw if you have some friends to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tao of lmao posted:

Comrades is real fun btw if you have some friends to play with.

iirc there's an Episode Ardyn and an Episode Aranea announced? I have no clue if either came out yet.

Also yeah Comrades is fuckin great, when it launched I sank nearly as many hours into it as the base game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They announced 4more episodes through 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

Hot drat

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

One of them better be Episode Luna

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

That’s cool. I haven’t even touched the episodes yet. How long do they take on average?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played one either despite having the season pass, lol...

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tao of lmao posted:

That’s cool. I haven’t even touched the episodes yet. How long do they take on average?

I think Episode Gladio is the shortest, Prompto and Ignis should take a couple hours each maybe? if you do the extra stuff? I actually haven't played Ignis yet so I don't know the structure, but Prompto has a little area of its own you can fart around in and collect and do poo poo. It's probably fast if you just mainline the story stuff. Gladio's is just a quick linear action thing you can do score challenges for when you're done.

e: also Ignis shouldn't be played unless you've finished the main game b/c story poo poo + an alternate ending iirc ???

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

esperterra posted:

One of them better be Episode Luna

Episode Ardyn: “The Conflict of the Sages”
Episode Aranea: “The Beginning of the End”
Episode Lunafreya: “The Choice of Freedom”
Episode Noctis: “The Final Strike”

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

yassssssss bitch

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i'm guessing that noctis one will be the last (hopefully?) , i sort of regret beating it at launch but if i'm gonna dip back in for a replay i want to finish absolutely all of it this go

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ill probably wait until the next wave is out and then play all 8 in order.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

ill probably wait until the next wave is out and then play all 8 in order.

Do the next 4 count in the season pass?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

tao of lmao posted:

What do you think

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

tao of lmao posted:

no the season pass is over, maybe there will be a season pass 2

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Maybe I’ll play through the first episodes before springing for the next ones. I’ve found I very rarely play dlc in games.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I'd play the episodes if they were integrated into the game instead of having to be selected at the main menu. I also have season pass lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
iirc they said in interviews that the upcoming episodes are supposed to form another sort-of connected storyline, so that's your 15-2 i guess

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I dont need any more ffxv now that i can hang out in my fishing cabin i park my car inside with Cindy in VR

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I’m still a little miffed that her name isn’t Cidney.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I suddenly remembered this really long, vivid post someone made on GameFAQs sometime in the very early 00s about how Final Fantasy VI is about growing up (the early stages of the game are about childhood- growing, learning, etc- the chaotic Ruined World is meant to be teen years and puberty and mood swings and crap and the end of the game is adulthood, where everything is more stable and ‘normal’ but the magic is all gone) I remember it being one of the craziest things I’d read up to that point and I’ve been trying to find it for ages- anyone else remember this at all? I know there’s a lot of old GameFAQs lurkers/posters here.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I suddenly remembered this really long, vivid post someone made on GameFAQs sometime in the very early 00s about how Final Fantasy VI is about growing up (the early stages of the game are about childhood- growing, learning, etc- the chaotic Ruined World is meant to be teen years and puberty and mood swings and crap and the end of the game is adulthood, where everything is more stable and ‘normal’ but the magic is all gone) I remember it being one of the craziest things I’d read up to that point and I’ve been trying to find it for ages- anyone else remember this at all? I know there’s a lot of old GameFAQs lurkers/posters here.

sounds stupid

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It was. 90s/00s video game theorycrafters ftmfw

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
i found general leos body floating in the serpent trench and used a pheonix down on it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fartlancer posted:

i found general leos body floating in the serpent trench and used a pheonix down on it

seems like that would kill him instantly

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fartlancer posted:

i revived him by defeating the golden brachiasaur [very rare encounter 1/256 chance] in the dinosaur forest which drops the life elixer you use on his grave in thamasa

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

i revived him by defeating the golden brachiasaur [very rare encounter 1/256 chance] in the dinosaur forest which drops the life elixer you use on his grave in thamasa

Same

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’m still a little miffed that her name isn’t Cidney.

Yeah that salts the hell out of me. It's such a great little joke and Cindy is just boring in comparison.

I would have even settled for them spelling it normally like Sidney or some poo poo, even if it would give me PTSD to them using an S for Sid in Spirits Within (which is a good movie).

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i just sketched an intanger and all fourteen playable characters were replaced by general leo dual-wielding Illuminas

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

anyway, i finally got a chance to play a little more ff6 this weekend, and doing an 100 percent rage run is kind of fun because it's forcing me to learn a lot about monster formations and attack patterns. you don't normally think about stuff like how many different combinations of leafer and dark wind there are in the first forest, or what leafers and dark winds even do besides die really quickly. like there are almost 600 possible combinations for combats and you probably run into less than half of them in a normal playthrough, it's kind nuts

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i gotta get back on my bullshit in FFXIV to do the Monster Hunter event, it looks epic and is apparently a permanent feature

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

i gotta get back on my bullshit in FFXIV to do the Monster Hunter event, it looks epic and is apparently a permanent feature

Theres so much game in 14, like even if you hate mmo gameplay theres hundreds of hundreds of hours of good final fantasy story just waiting for you.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

esperterra posted:

Yeah that salts the hell out of me. It's such a great little joke and Cindy is just boring in comparison.

I would have even settled for them spelling it normally like Sidney or some poo poo, even if it would give me PTSD to them using an S for Sid in Spirits Within (which is a good movie).

Okay dude

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Theres so much game in 14, like even if you hate mmo gameplay theres hundreds of hundreds of hours of good final fantasy story just waiting for you.

I'm not even out of the base game but I really like it. Glad the MH event is permanent because I really like taking my time in this game and just chill.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The gap between the end of base game and the start of the first expansion is miserable but everything in the expansions is awesome

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Haurchefant ftw

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

I'm not even out of the base game but I really like it. Glad the MH event is permanent because I really like taking my time in this game and just chill.

A little tip is that the npcs who travel around or are only in places for certain times all have unique dialgoue if you take the time to talk to them, and theres some foreshadowing and other stuff you'll only see if you do try to talk to them.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In the base game when you first start unlocking dungeons theres a small parade of different adventurer groups that are going inside before and after you, sometimes to multiple dungeons, but some of them don't make it out again...

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I’m about 20 hours into ffx and it’s really got its hooks in me. Rikku is a fun interpretation of a thief character and her overdrive is good as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FFX is awesome, I just replayed it this year and it’s still super fun