Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played pretty much all the old nintendo games I cared to play when I was a teenager with no income so I guess rom sites sucking now doesn't affect me personally but I feel bad for all of today's teenagers with no income

emuparadise being the good one was a loving trip though, I remember when it was a barely-disguised malware site that technically had roms but only if you navigated the minefield of bad links

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

8 and 9 defaulted to grey, didn't they?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I played pretty much all the old nintendo games I cared to play when I was a teenager with no income so I guess rom sites sucking now doesn't affect me personally but I feel bad for all of today's teenagers with no income

emuparadise being the good one was a loving trip though, I remember when it was a barely-disguised malware site that technically had roms but only if you navigated the minefield of bad links

It’s still not going to be difficult to find roms

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cAfPWgiE7E

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

8 and 9 defaulted to grey, didn't they?
that and chrono trigger

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the font is fine honestly, 9's og font is small and....sorta bad. It's weirdly not even. lowercase "a's" are bigger than "p"s. The HD versions of 9 and 7 on consoles are clearly mobile ports, but due to being 3D, it looks better than the 6 and Chrono Trigger's ports, I can actually see what characters look like now!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

i mean actually you kind of do, it's one of the most infamously difficult pieces of hardware to program games for ever released in the past two and a half decades and all of it is because of how differently it handles everything about 3d rendering and cpu cores

well yeah but nobody set out to make something that would crash and burn that badly. sega just wanted to make the console, to end all console wars :japan:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Got a new computer and now I'm just kind of sitting here trying to remember what programs I need to redownload.

Also holy poo poo Windows 10 is bad.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Got a new computer and now I'm just kind of sitting here trying to remember what programs I need to redownload.

Get Start10 for one thing, has worked perfectly for me since I installed and make the start menu actually useable.

Also Rivatuner Statistics Server is amazing for reducing input lag with vsync and also eliminating the stuttering problems that 80% of modern games seem to have.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I actually like what they did to the start menu on Windows 10.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I can't remember the last time I used the start menu in the traditional way, instead of typing the program I wanted and hitting enter

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Counterpoint: Windows 10 is good.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Windows 10 got way more manageable to me once I got Classic Shell.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

I downloaded a buttload of SNES ROMs back when you could actually buy new SNES games at a Toys'R'Us or whatever. I had to because I had blown all the money I had saved for a year on Donkey Kong Country 3.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Blazblue crossover got me in a Persona mood so I'm importing the Japanese version of P3 Dancing Moon Night because I don't wanna wait until 2019

I might go back to Persona 5 too once I'm done with Octopath because I feel bad I never finished it (I was burned out on JRPGs when it came out but I got it on release anyway because I had waited like 5 years)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

is this where we talk about our favorite media players

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

is this where we talk about our favorite media players

Winamp, duh.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Remember Sonique.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also looking through my Steam library to see what I should redownload to start with and it's amazing how many of these game I have absolutely no recollection of. Like with 50% of my games I probably couldn't even tell you what genre they are beyond a guess based on the name.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

The Blazblue crossover got me in a Persona mood so I'm importing the Japanese version of P3 Dancing Moon Night because I don't wanna wait until 2019

I might go back to Persona 5 too once I'm done with Octopath because I feel bad I never finished it (I was burned out on JRPGs when it came out but I got it on release anyway because I had waited like 5 years)

I still don't understand why P3/4/5 dancing aren't just one game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Bonzi Buddy

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

¥¥¥

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

Be reasonable, a single video game can only contain so much dancing.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm pretty sure I will transcend this mortal coil and attain nirvana if Nintendo can figure out a way to put Yakuza on the switch.

Finally, the Majima Anywhere™ system can fulfill its true potential.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Like imagine if every Dance Dance Revolution game also had to cover Dance Dance Attempting to Stabilize a New Form of Government and Dance Dance That New Government is Failing as well. Well now you've already set up the need for a second Dance Dance Revolution and that's just too much.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Like imagine if every Dance Dance Revolution game also had to cover Dance Dance Attempting to Stabilize a New Form of Government and Dance Dance That New Government is Failing as well. Well now you've already set up the need for a second Dance Dance Revolution and that's just too much.

Dance Dance Desire for Power Breeds Corruption

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Also looking through my Steam library to see what I should redownload to start with and it's amazing how many of these game I have absolutely no recollection of. Like with 50% of my games I probably couldn't even tell you what genre they are beyond a guess based on the name.
Pick some of the ones with the most nonsensical titles and give us your best guesses.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

:capitalism:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbf P4 was the first, but yeah making 3 and 5 separate despite being made at the same time was a cashgrab and reflected in their sales figues last I heard.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know how the P4 fanbase responsed to the spinoff games and their release schedule, but I really enjoyed Persona 5 when I played it yet now thinking about the dancing game I'm like :geno: that's cool I guess

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Counterpoint: Windows 10 is good at wiping your hard drive

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

b_d posted:

Remember Sonique.
best thing about sonique was changing the pitch of songs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't know how the P4 fanbase responsed to the spinoff games and their release schedule, but I really enjoyed Persona 5 when I played it yet now thinking about the dancing game I'm like :geno: that's cool I guess

constant cash grab spinoffs are kind of gross

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
True, but they gotta fill the decade between Persona games with something.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They were all pretty good games though

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WuTangClan/status/1021102463607242752

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

b_d posted:

Remember Sonique.

ze hédgehogé?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Persona games that score how well you conform to instructions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
WarioWare is for the children.

• Locked thread