Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

when are they gonna announce more smash characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

when are they gonna announce more smash characters

I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, having everyone from every previous game is great- but I actually enjoyed the live weekly roster reveals for Brawl and 4 more than the games themselves probably, and it's sad that that likely won't be the case this time around.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember sitting at my family computer in mid 2007, fervently refreshing Smash Bros Dojo and /v/ in alternating tabs when everyone suddenly blew up when SONIC THE HEDGEHOG was revealed to be coming in Brawl... What a day.

We'll never get that back.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember sitting at my family computer in mid 2007, fervently refreshing Smash Bros Dojo and /v/ in alternating tabs when everyone suddenly blew up when SONIC THE HEDGEHOG was revealed to be coming in Brawl... What a day.

that was such an amazing time.

I know they won't add too many new characters, but I'm still excited for what may come

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I feel like there's only gonna be like 4-6 new characters (not counting those already revealed) at launch and they'll likely wanna keep some of them secret so we might only get 1 or 2 reveals between now and December.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

it would be sick if they hid some characters until it came out and you suddenly unlocked them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's new characters being added all the time in early access indie treasure Slap City

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I was in class the day they announced that and during the class the teacher asked "does anybody know what big news was announced today?" and it took every ounce of me not to yell "THE NEWS THAT SONIC IS IN SMASH??"

I forgot what the actual big news was that he was talking about

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

it would be sick if they hid some characters until it came out and you suddenly unlocked them

sadly in today’s troubled times it won’t be possible to read the internet without getting data mined character reveals as soon as review copies go out

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I was in class the day they announced that and during the class the teacher asked "does anybody know what big news was announced today?" and it took every ounce of me not to yell "THE NEWS THAT SONIC IS IN SMASH??"

it probably wasnt important

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

that earthquake was sonic being announced in smash

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

enter the gungeon is fun but way too buggy right now. i think like 15% of my runs are ending in the game freezing or crashing

i love gungeon now but the switch port is awful compared to the other versions, you need to put it on ugly mode so that it still struggles in fights, hitches up, freezes. the hell

im def spoiled by the pc version but cmon, you're gonna tell me the switch that can do MK8 cant run this smoothly lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it cant be as bad as the nuclear throne vita version that they never patched afaik.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

There's new characters being added all the time in early access indie treasure Slap City

Uuuuuuuugh

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

it cant be as bad as the nuclear throne vita version that they never patched afaik.

its probably better but in the span of an hour tonight i got three different types of game crashes and a glitch where the boss never activated and i was just locked in the room unable to do anything. its disheartening since the game doesnt try to do any quicksaving or checkpointing so that run is just gone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

its probably better but in the span of an hour tonight i got three different types of game crashes and a glitch where the boss never activated and i was just locked in the room unable to do anything. its disheartening since the game doesnt try to do any quicksaving or checkpointing so that run is just gone

that sucks...I hope they fix it soon

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

to be fair, it’s really hard, i was going to die anyway, and its really fun, so ill still get my 7.50s worth

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i did have a glitch where a wall mimic enemy spawned in the breach and i let it kill me out of curiosity and it meant i couldnt fire any guns in the next run. lel

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
did one of my posts disappear. well what i wanted to say was i have the switch version and it doesnt crash and runs ok but definitely a little worse than the ps4 version. try turning aim look and screen shake off

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

did one of my posts disappear. well what i wanted to say was i have the switch version and it doesnt crash and runs ok but definitely a little worse than the ps4 version. try turning aim look and screen shake off

ty, ill give it a try. and heads up, if you find the prototype railgun on the switch version, do not fire it

edit: specifically it’ll instantly crash the game

HolePisser1982 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 24, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

i love gungeon now but the switch port is awful compared to the other versions, you need to put it on ugly mode so that it still struggles in fights, hitches up, freezes. the hell

im def spoiled by the pc version but cmon, you're gonna tell me the switch that can do MK8 cant run this smoothly lol

i dont trust any console game with different graphics modes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

battle arena toshinden 3 let you sacrifice graphics for 60fps which was cool for a ps1 game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off posted:

battle arena toshinden 3 let you sacrifice graphics for 60fps which was cool for a ps1 game

i trust Ten Count

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

What about Secret of Mana.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lmfao

It was an economics class so probably the first one

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

#LinkleInSmashOrMySwitchInTheTrash

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

HolePisser1982 posted:

ty, ill give it a try. and heads up, if you find the prototype railgun on the switch version, do not fire it

Well I mean it’s a prototype

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

Lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

codenameFANGIO posted:

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i unlocked some purple ball thing that crashes it every time i try to pick it up .. thats super annoying. i bet its really good too. i bet its the best item in the game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i just picked up octopath but i still can't put down hollow knight. im like 30hours + in and still stumbling on new areas

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

i just picked up octopath but i still can't put down hollow knight. im like 30hours + in and still stumbling on new areas

its really good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its awesome

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
there's too many pixels for it to be truely awesome like hit tirple aaa titles overwatch, gears of funko pop, and Sony Game with a Sad Parental Figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i wish i hated it