Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

DoctorGonzo posted:

How they will ban Scuderia Ferrari of their own track you idiot.

Then why don't Ferrari go and do a billion laps on it right now? Riddle me that if you're so smart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pik_d posted:

Then why don't Ferrari go and do a billion laps on it right now? Riddle me that if you're so smart

Racism

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ferrari and their fans are very racist, yes, but what does that have to do with testing?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Gigi Galli posted:

Lance stroll is insanely bad. I can't take the levels of irony involved in saying that he is good. I'm too old for this poo poo!!!!

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I can't wait to watch him and his father turn the Strawberry Shortcake cars I love the look of so much into the new laughing stock of F1, clearing the way for Porsche to gloriously reenter the sport only to pull out after 5 impressively useless wasted seasons.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Schlesische posted:

I can't wait to watch him and his father turn the Strawberry Shortcake cars I love the look of so much into the new laughing stock of F1, clearing the way for Porsche to gloriously reenter the sport only to pull out after 5 impressively useless wasted seasons.

that's one way to word 5 back to back WCC's

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Schlesische posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKz82v5JQY

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Stroll driver of the day

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Good to see hamchops has gone rastafarian

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pro click :discourse:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Farce Bindia should rename to ByStrolles now Big Daddy Lawrence is buying them out.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Vettel is a bad driver for sure, but he said some truth imo during an interview with Timo Glock (done in Hessisch accent).

Glock: "Was würdsch'd du an der aktuelle Formel 1 verännere, damit se widda bessa werd?"
Translation: "What would you change about current Formula 1"

Vettel: "Als erschdes däd isch des ganze Batteriegerümpel aussem Auto schmeiße....weischd?....und dann en fette V12 hinne noi der rischdisch krawall macht"
Translation: "I'd get rid of all the battery poo poo and throw in a V12"

Now of course this is the typical argument of anyone who doesn't understand the fact that F1 should be the pinnacle of motorsport AND technology in regard to cars. But Vettel went on about it (then actually switching to Hochdeutsch/proper German language):

Vettel (translation): "Take a look at where the automotive branche is heading. We are heading towards self-driving cars, towards fully electric or fuel cell cars, where more and more aspects of driving are actually done by a computer inside the car. But in F1, we roll around with no traction control, no anti-blocking-system, no ESP because it makes it harder to drive the cars and more worthwhile for fans to watch. So there will come a time where F1 has to decide wether it want's to be the technical edge of what goes into roadcars, or if it wants to entertain a crowd of people that want to be entertained. And a loud V12 with no driving aids does that better than a hybrid turbo car on full cruise control"

I was actually shocked that such words of wisdom can come out of Vettel.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carth Dookie posted:

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Yeah, the second time was giving us this awesome gif of him bashing the steering wheel

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

tuo posted:

Yeah, the second time was giving us this awesome gif of him bashing the steering wheel

It bears reposting:

I wish I could have it as my AV.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carth Dookie posted:

It bears reposting:

I wish I could have it as my AV.

Whenever I see the gif, I am reminded of a small child yelling "but the championship, I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT". Wonder if he held his breath and demanded to be put back on track or else....

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

tuo posted:

Batteriegerümpel

der rischdisch krawall

I can’t help but see a lot of good names for electro bands when reading a German f1 (or anything technical) article.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

mrfart posted:

I can’t help but see a lot of good names for electro bands when reading a German f1 (or anything technical) article.

Welcome to one of the best dialects in german. "Der beschde Dialekt überhaupt", if I may say so.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
How do you say 'shitheel fraud who should be in a coma instead of Sergio' in German?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Theophany posted:

How do you say 'shitheel fraud who should be in a coma instead of Sergio' in German?

Dreh deinen Monitor

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

https://tickets.edfringe.com/whats-on/hamilton-lewis

quote:

Hamilton (Lewis) is the epic story of a self-starter who worked a lot harder, by being a lot faster, born and raised in Stevenage, the most successful British F1 driver in the history of the sport. Blending hip-hop, jazz, blues, rap, R'n'B and Broadway, discover the petrol-fueled thrills and spills of the life of Hamilton (Lewis) then, as told by Hamilton (Lewis) now. A brand-new musical parody guaranteed to have you in hysterics all the way to the finish line. Not in any way endorsed by Lin-Manuel Miranda... or Hamilton... (Lewis)... or the Pussycat Dolls.

I've got a spare ticket, who wants to come?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

tuo posted:

Dreh deinen Monitor

??

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

He meant heed the bit that says "Go away"

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

simplefish posted:

He meant heed the bit that says "Go away"

That's my bookmark for this thread.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Theophany posted:

That's my bookmark for this thread.

then maybe you should turn on your monitor

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Everybody beats his children

Underappreciated post, this.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

Stroll

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

freeranger posted:

Ah, la completo italiano

E: Gonzo's gonna tell me it should be "el", but Vettel's a little bitchbaby

simplefish fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jul 24, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Vettel is the perfect sauer kraut

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tuo posted:

Vettel is a bad driver for sure, but he said some truth imo during an interview with Timo Glock (done in Hessisch accent).

Glock: "Was würdsch'd du an der aktuelle Formel 1 verännere, damit se widda bessa werd?"
Translation: "What would you change about current Formula 1"

Vettel: "Als erschdes däd isch des ganze Batteriegerümpel aussem Auto schmeiße....weischd?....und dann en fette V12 hinne noi der rischdisch krawall macht"
Translation: "I'd get rid of all the battery poo poo and throw in a V12"

Now of course this is the typical argument of anyone who doesn't understand the fact that F1 should be the pinnacle of motorsport AND technology in regard to cars. But Vettel went on about it (then actually switching to Hochdeutsch/proper German language):

Vettel (translation): "Take a look at where the automotive branche is heading. We are heading towards self-driving cars, towards fully electric or fuel cell cars, where more and more aspects of driving are actually done by a computer inside the car. But in F1, we roll around with no traction control, no anti-blocking-system, no ESP because it makes it harder to drive the cars and more worthwhile for fans to watch. So there will come a time where F1 has to decide wether it want's to be the technical edge of what goes into roadcars, or if it wants to entertain a crowd of people that want to be entertained. And a loud V12 with no driving aids does that better than a hybrid turbo car on full cruise control"

I was actually shocked that such words of wisdom can come out of Vettel.

The dumbass part about this is that no sponsors or manufacturers are going to want to be involved in an F1 that inexplicably refuses to let go of the past and clings needlessly to giant, fuel-guzzling V12s when the world has obviously moved on. It'd just be tiny privateers running poo poo-tier drivers on shoestring budgets without any of the respect that makes F1 what it is today, and the world doesn't need two IndyCars.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/DHL_Motorsports/status/1021093879058247682

God bless DHL hahahaha.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

V12s rule though?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

I forgot about the fringe, again.
Looking into cheap flights and asking old friend for accommodation.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

tuo posted:

Vettel is the perfect sauer kraut

:wow:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/993292/Fernando-Alonso-Martin-Brundle-Ferrari-Sergio-Marchionne-McLaren-F1-news

Fartin Bumble thinks that Alonso should return to Scuderia Ferrari.

I agree.

simplefish posted:

Ah, la completo italiano

E: Gonzo's gonna tell me it should be "el", but Vettel's a little bitchbaby

n.i.c.e.m.e.l.t.d.o.w.n

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wow.
The Express is a garbage clickbait site, but literally using Brundle as a source is a new low for any journalism.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The dumbass part about this is that no sponsors or manufacturers are going to want to be involved in an F1 that inexplicably refuses to let go of the past and clings needlessly to giant, fuel-guzzling V12s when the world has obviously moved on. It'd just be tiny privateers running poo poo-tier drivers on shoestring budgets without any of the respect that makes F1 what it is today, and the world doesn't need two IndyCars.

I hope F1 dies haha

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
phwooooooar this is insanely ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
F1 existed back when like literally the only actual road car makers involved were Ferrari and Renault and everything else was tiny fraud teams from Britain, it's not inherently a manufacturer-based sport, it's just been that way for several points in its history.