Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They reverted that change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Hello friends. There is a Warmahordes Discord set up by an off-site subcommunity that (after confirming with its admin) we are welcome to join. People in it mostly discuss army lists and CID stuff, but there's sub-rooms for lore chat, shitposts, and hobbystuff.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

After talking to the local former PG, seeing how dead the local community is, and realizing that I'm not particularly planning on going to any major cons anytime soon, I figure I'll pull the trigger on getting rid of my Retribution collection. I'm posting it here first, because I want to give you goons the first crack at it, but I'll eventually crosspost to Facebook as well if no one bites. I can eat shipping within the continental US no problem, and depending upon how bad international costs are, I might be willing to suck it up there, too, but that would be something to talk about if you're seriously interested. As it is now, I just really want it all gone at once, so I'm not looking to piece stuff out at this point. Let me know if you have any questions, picture requests and/or serious offers.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

neonchameleon posted:

It's the cut price Dawnguard Sentinels that worry me - a mass Sentinel list is a nightmare to play against.

Yeah I'm not looking forward to Ret Bane Knights again.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

S.J. posted:

Yeah I'm not looking forward to Ret Bane Knights again.

They went back up to their original point cost yesterday.

Edit: didn't see Jimmy post this same thing top of page, but oh well!

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Price dropping my Khador excess to $400.

Lots of stuff for cheap!

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

I haven't played WMH in over a year and am thinking about jumping back in. My local store is starting a JML soonish and I'm looking to start Retribution. Our JML is a bit more open than the official rules, so my caster choices are Helynna, Thyron, or Kaelyssa. Starting BG can be whatever we want.

Im hoping this will be a good opportunity to the explore the faction, i.e. No weird spam/skew list.

How would you build ret in a JML with a more "balanced" force? Themes and caster swaps are happening and am open to those as well.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
They finally published the final three Alternate Warcasters/Warlocks

CoC Nemo is :staredog:
Grymkin Harbinger is :hmmyes:
Minions Bethayne (as we should have expected being a Farrow and not Gator caster) is :negative:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

If her warbeast eating spell refilled her fury instead of being d6, or was d6+2, it'd be good for the opportunity cost of popping a warbeast - even if it is a pig - and 2 fury.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Has anyone much experience with the Privateer Press licensed Battle Foam? I ordered two oversize medium trays. The models I wanted to put in them don't fit because of a mismatch between the advertized dimensions and what they produce.

My first instinct was that I mismeasured the models. But when I checked the trays themselves, what they bill as

quote:

50 mm thick tray with 12x (70 x 50 mm) cut outs and 4x (76 x 44 mm) cut outs.

Actually seems to be 12 x (67 x 48 mm) and 4x (75 x 46). And yes, those 3mm make all the difference.

I need to fit Blighted Ogrun Warspears in, so the holes being slightly undersized works as long as I can make an appropriate cut for their back pack spears to slide into. Anyone have experience doing that? Suggestions on how to do it without mucking up relatively expensive pieces of foam are appreciated.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 24, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Archenteron posted:

They finally published the final three Alternate Warcasters/Warlocks

CoC Nemo is :staredog:
Grymkin Harbinger is :hmmyes:
Minions Bethayne (as we should have expected being a Farrow and not Gator caster) is :negative:

Nemo holy loving lmao

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pyrolocutus posted:

If her warbeast eating spell refilled her fury instead of being d6, or was d6+2, it'd be good for the opportunity cost of popping a warbeast - even if it is a pig - and 2 fury.

In fairness, pigs have 3.5 point beasts.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am trying to clean out some hobby closet space:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warmachine-Convergence-of-Cyriss-Army-Lot-HUGE/173427430948

Share with your friends, please. (Lower 48 US)

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

rydiafan posted:

In fairness, pigs have 3.5 point beasts.

But they also lack an arc node with legs to spam spells with, and fury 6 isn't the best for accuracy :v: Neat concept, though!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

They lists for my team event are posted. Enjoy!

https://conflictchamber.com/?event=411

S.J.
May 19, 2008

rydiafan posted:

They lists for my team event are posted. Enjoy!

https://conflictchamber.com/?event=411

Big Jank in Little Meta wins, hands down

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dat X1 list with 20 karax and 20 swordsmen?

Wat?

Edit: And an all Khador team? Looks like you are gonna have a fun event my dude.

2nd Edit: I can tell I've been out the loop forever because that's 6 Skorne lists without a single Titan Gladiator among them.

waah fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 24, 2018

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Karax spam loving rules. X1 feat karax spam is just rude

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Jimmy Hats posted:

Karax spam loving rules. X1 feat karax spam is just rude

I have enough to do all of these crazy lists. Man what the hell happened when I didn't get to play for a year.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Real men would have like 4 units of karax though

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Dank Legacy's Jaga-Jaga 4 squid list seems pretty rad, though I'm sort of shocked there are 4 swamp horrors in the whole of the western hemisphere.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Real men would have like 4 units of karax though

5 units of swordsmen*

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

S.J. posted:

5 units of swordsmen*

Been playing this list and it is super dumb.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So basically all of my joke ideas from about a year and a half ago are all playable now? WTF?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

waah posted:

So basically all of my joke ideas from about a year and a half ago are all playable now? WTF?

:getin:

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Skorne seems like its in a pretty good place the last time I played them.

Sure you can be that guy and takes 2 Turtles plus whatever else you have laying around, who cares.

You can take (infantry warlock of choice) and 4 units of (infantry of choice) and do fine.

I enjoyed being a special snowflake and taking one of every infantry choice cause who the hell has seen Keltarii recently. It actually works fine and is super fun to see the variety.

Spam Warbeasts, Spam Colossal bases, Spam the weird bizarro beasts, they all got a place.

My last game was pMorghoul with 2 Blindwater Wrastlers and a Gladiator and Sentry. Rush, Abuse, and Fury all working together was fantastic.

I should play more Skorne.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I should get back into Skorne too. I keep looking at other factions but warjacks look like garbage most of the time, so it's Hordes for me and Skorne interests me the most.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Skorne has a bunch of playable options, and... gently caress, they're way more interactive than Cygnar is right now. God I'm just so bored with my babies :(

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

S.J. posted:

Skorne has a bunch of playable options, and... gently caress, they're way more interactive than Cygnar is right now. God I'm just so bored with my babies :(

This is me but with Mercs. Its either Magnus/Dwarf and his horde of angry warjacks or various Kingsmaker's variations. It scratches an itch where I want Warjacks/Steelheads to throw themselves into my opponent but its not very dynamic.

That said, I've not really kept up with the game recently so I may be wrong here. I just remember feeling pretty tracked towards those games last time I played.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

If my record of going in on things way early and then PP fixes them to actually be what I imagine them in my head is, then Keltarii are gonna be so effin good soon.

Dunno if you can get them cheap anymore, but I have wanted to pick up 2 more units for the longest time.

I think the biggest problem is that they are so much faster than the rest of the army that it's easy to get them in a spot where they have no support and die in droves.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Crazy Ferret posted:

This is me but with Mercs. Its either Magnus/Dwarf and his horde of angry warjacks or various Kingsmaker's variations. It scratches an itch where I want Warjacks/Steelheads to throw themselves into my opponent but its not very dynamic.

That said, I've not really kept up with the game recently so I may be wrong here. I just remember feeling pretty tracked towards those games last time I played.

Well TBF they announced Steelhead CID will be... after tharn, I think?

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

S.J. posted:

Well TBF they announced Steelhead CID will be... after tharn, I think?

Correct.

I'm pretty excited and it has got me remembering that I need to finish painting my second unit of Steelhead Halbs. The new Steelhead Solo that gives Empower is going to be a godsend in a lot of ways, to say nothing of giving out magical weapons. The new gun crews look neat as well.

All I want out of the CID is Stannis to actually be worth his 7 points and Verendye to be a bit easier to use. I'd love any other various tweaks but I'd settle for those. Maybe give some other Merc warcasters a look over to add some Steelhead flair since McBain! is not doing much these days.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Hmm, a person that just took a spot in my tournament wants to give his spot to someone else as he can’t make it. However that other person is the lowest on the wait list.

Do I give the spot to the other person who is lower on the list or do I follow the list?

Anyone run in to this before?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Follow the list, also all deserters deserve an ignoble death

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
As a grimkin player, I resent this trashtalking of my dear hollowmen!

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Crazy Ferret posted:

Yeah, I'm totally the same, 'cept I play Cephalyx and Rhulic. There just hasn't been any interesting variation in what feels like forever. Doesn't help that Ossrum is head and shoulders above the other two.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I mean if you're playing a mini-mini faction like Cephelyx or dorfs then yeah you're not going to have much variety in play. Even the real mini factions are pretty limited.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
I haven't played since right around the time colossals came out. Thinking about maybe looking into maybe getting back into the game.

What would a good eCaine list look like these days?

Reading stuff hes maybe bad now and not a great assassin anymore? What's changed? Is Caine3 good?

If I wanted to merk fools, would butcher3 be good? I'm reading a bunch of stuff but I'm not sure what's actually good these days.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Caine 2 just isn't very efficient, unfortunately. He isn't bad he just doesn't pair up well to some other casters. Caine 3 is still rad as hell.

Butcher 3 is still an absolute mother fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
Caine2 had his heyday at the start of MK3 and then was nerfed a little too hard. He now has to pay focus for his special shots types, which used to be free. Then thememachine came around, and he doesn't mesh particularly well with any of them. He wants Rangers for hit buffing, a squire, ayana and holt for damage buffing, gunmage captains for Shadow Fire... Caine2 was what got me into the game and my most played caster in MK2, but don't see me putting him on the table any time soon.

Caine3 is still cool and good. I played him in Trencher theme to keep him safe behind clouds, and with a coupe Grenadiers to get 3pow18 shots each during feat with Calamity, which is rad.