Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

flatluigi posted:

Don't forget what peekaboo's powers actually did to dmitri during the spender-hijack fight

if that wasn't scary/creepy I don't know what is

The other time D used his powers: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-56

Between the spirit's name and what actually happens when he uses the powers, I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "When you close your eyes you can't be hurt" or something like that? But, no, his eyes were open when Spendjack punched him through the skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

flatluigi posted:

Don't forget what peekaboo's powers actually did to dmitri during the spender-hijack fight

if that wasn't scary/creepy I don't know what is

For reference: Glorp

Peekaboo's powers seem to make Dimitri more or less solid, depending on his needs. To block the shot, his hand got beefed up and was able to deflect the blow. To keep from getting hit by Hijack, he turned gooey.

Also, Peekaboo is adorable, but also has that dead eyed kid ghost thing. Reminds me of Peketo from this one indie fighting game. He shows up in SaltyBet a lot, stabbin fools and being generally crazy.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

I mean how are you people missing the clowns and sudden abundance of creepy childrens toys?

Peekaboo is clearly a dead kid.
I don’t think ghosts (actual dead humans as opposed to spirits) can possess stuff. Otherwise PJ could just possess a tool instead of looking to wield one.

But given Paranatural, it’ll probably be some secret/hard/immoral thing ghosts can do, and it will explain very old ghosts or Max’s Mom will possess a tool/him at a critical moment for MOTHER/SON TEAM UP FIGHT.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paramemetic posted:

Dmitri is just too cool to hang out with the ghost he met when he was 3.

That's a big thing. Look at how his ghost area is set up. Tons of really young kid stuff. A Middle schooler would totally wanna shove that stuff in a box and never deal with it to be 'mature' or whatever. Or, if he got it when he was really young it'd just be too unsettling to deal with, possibly.

J.A.B.C. posted:

For reference: Glorp

Peekaboo's powers seem to make Dimitri more or less solid, depending on his needs. To block the shot, his hand got beefed up and was able to deflect the blow. To keep from getting hit by Hijack, he turned gooey.

Also, Peekaboo is adorable, but also has that dead eyed kid ghost thing. Reminds me of Peketo from this one indie fighting game. He shows up in SaltyBet a lot, stabbin fools and being generally crazy.

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-56

It's not even that he beefed himself up- I think- he used the SPIN to deflect it by making his hand into like a railgun or something so it'd launch away immediately on contact or something. I'm still not quite sure what's going on there.

Also check out Lisa totally eyeing Hijack!Jeff after his power throw that cracked the wall. http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-45

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

After reflecting on it and rereading today's page, Peekaboo is totally going to have a horrifying second form.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Pretty hype for Peekabo’s lecture on emotional maturity and facing your fears or whatever

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

"But enough of this, peek-a-boo!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

After reflecting on it and rereading today's page, Peekaboo is totally going to have a horrifying second form.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

It's not even that he beefed himself up- I think- he used the SPIN to deflect it by making his hand into like a railgun or something so it'd launch away immediately on contact or something. I'm still not quite sure what's going on there.

Peakaboo's powerset reminds me of Tusk, minus shooting people with his fingernails. We know Zack's a jojo nerd.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lets see if zack notices and answers the question i fired off on twitter :v

e: whos tusk

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

We know Zack's a jojo nerd.

not sure where you're getting that

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

looking back at Dimitri deflecting the ball there, it almost looks like he reformed his hand into a sort of catcher's mitt, and then deflected the ball to the side. That'd jive with the ability to reshape his body. But now the question becomes: what's with the wrrr noise whenever Peekaboo moves, or when Dimitri uses his powers?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
i cant believe dmitri killed and was possessed by a child

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Patware posted:

not sure where you're getting that

Muse, tweets about listening to Pillar Men music while drawing Muse, anime.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also Muse's design very much being a reference to Star Platinum.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tollymain posted:

lets see if zack notices and answers the question i fired off on twitter :v

e: whos tusk

Tusk was a stand power that shot out its users fingernails like bullets. Being Jojo, the user would use Tusk to warp his own body, put spins in himself to deflect attacks, and teleport parts of his body with it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/1021892360085495808 sweet, i got an answer sorta (the answer is spoilers)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mystic Mongol posted:

Tusk was a stand power that shot out its users fingernails like bullets. Being Jojo, the user would use Tusk to warp his own body, put spins in himself to deflect attacks, and teleport parts of his body with it.

oh, i think i understand

except for the teleportation part but eh its jojo

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tollymain posted:

oh, i think i understand

except for the teleportation part but eh its jojo

Look, when Jesus Christ tells you to shoot yourself in the head with a fingernail bullet spinning with the Golden Ratio, what are you supposed to do?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tell rasputin to take the shot

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

RandallODim posted:

i cant believe dmitri killed and was possessed by a child

i can

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dias posted:

Muse, tweets about listening to Pillar Men music while drawing Muse, anime.

Zerilan posted:

Also Muse's design very much being a reference to Star Platinum.

hmmm still not sure this seems like a reach

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I think there's more peekaboo under the floor.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Crack theory: Peekaboo went 'PEEKABOO' at Isaac and Isaac loving shot him (and Dmitri).

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

For real though it kinda sucks for Peekaboo if they actually are completely non-malicious but totally creepy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Somebody post that one fanart of Diglett where it's a horrendous monster underneath.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
I know what Peekaboo has underneath, because Peekaboo is pretty clearly the ghost of Robox

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/1022555190233202689

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Comedy option: Peekaboo is Master Hand's thumb.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
He's Lefty moonlighting in a sheet.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Update!

Johnny is powerful.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

that supernormal strip but this time jeffs hand has a concilatory steam key on it

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
That's a dog in the last panel joining the student council members in that tackle.

So, a dog pile.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Johnny is one ripped-rear end twelve-year old.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
This comic is best when there's Johnny.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neo_Crimson posted:

Johnny is one ripped-rear end twelve-year old.

artistic license

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Comes from beating up one million children.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tollymain posted:

artistic license

If I remember the statement from Zack right, Johnny got 12-year old buff from vigorously picking his nose and climbing trees in other people's yards.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Zerilan posted:

If I remember the statement from Zack right, Johnny got 12-year old buff from vigorously picking his nose and climbing trees in other people's yards.

Zach had to say this because people insisted on finding Johnny twelve-year-old attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Ew.