Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

1) steely dan
2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hmmmmm

Grateful Dead
Metallica
White Album
Vitamin C
Vanilla Ice
Oingo Boingo Bros
Bites the Dust
Civil War
D4C
Death 13
Ratt
Heavy Weather
I Am An Alien

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
lot of people only putting vitamin c as a jojolion rep in their lists. let's none of us forget the time josuke and jobin had a stand battle by proxy with beetles

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

WARNING! GORE! WARNING! GORE!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think vitamin c was when jojolion first veered hard into body horror and gave a sense of immense danger to the situation at hand so it sticks out a lot to people thinking back on the part

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think vitamin c was when jojolion first veered hard into body horror

oh yeah??

Waffleman_ posted:

WARNING! GORE! WARNING! GORE!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that goldfish tho

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think vitamin c was when jojolion first veered hard into body horror and gave a sense of immense danger to the situation at hand so it sticks out a lot to people thinking back on the part

I love it because Damo starts as such a goofy fuckin dude and you're just expecting kind of a weird fight but not a super tense one. Maybe something like The Lock or the one where Narancia can't tell the truth that I can't remember the name of. Then it takes a hard fuckin right turn and he gets real loving threatening real fuckin quick. Then throughout the fight we have the secondary fight of Kira + Josefumi learning about the rokakaka and ultimately sacrificing themselves, which is such a great moment and one of the few times I almost cried at JoJo. Then we get the really great payoff as Damo gets his poo poo absolutely destroyed.

Expect My Mom posted:

the end of Heavy Weather where it's Weather and Anasui vs Pucci has maybe the best back and forth in a JoJo fight. To counter turning into a snail, Pucci uses Whitesnake to remove the use of his own eyes, so Weather freezes all of the blood in the area, turning them into spikes that Pucci can't see to impale him, so Pucci sends Whitesnake into Anasui to know where the spikes are. At some point in all this, Weather loses a leg, so Anasui sends Diver Down into Weather and Diver sticks it's leg through Weather's leg hole allowing Weather to run up on Pucci and punch him with air blasts

i love it

gently caress I forgot about a lot of this fight, I really gotta go reread it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
A lot of my fav Part 8 stands are non-combative like Paisely Park or King Nothing, so it's kinda hard for JoJolion, but Ozone Baby was really good, I took a break around Part 1 of the fight so reading it all once was good. Paper Moon King's face ability though is silly, why can it do that???

Speed King is also very good, and the way Jobin uses it to threaten Josuke in the beetle fight is great

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My top 5 is:

1. Bites the Dust
2. Metallica vs King Crimson
3. White Album
4. Mandom
5. Horus

Horus is hugely underrated, I find. Such a tense battle and I completely bought Iggy being dead at the end of it.

Honourable mention to Jotaro and Iggy vs N'Doul, just because in animation, Iggy getting fastballed at N'Doul is the funniest loving thing in the world to me.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 22, 2018

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Expect My Mom posted:

A lot of my fav Part 8 stands are non-combative like Paisely Park or King Nothing, so it's kinda hard for JoJolion, but Ozone Baby was really good, I took a break around Part 1 of the fight so reading it all once was good. Paper Moon King's face ability though is silly, why can it do that???

Speed King is also very good, and the way Jobin uses it to threaten Josuke in the beetle fight is great

Think of it like the face blindness is his actual stand ability, and the origami part is just a stranger-than-usual stand form. The weirdest part is I don’t think he ever uses the “fold anything” ability after he does it to the phone.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

yeah actually they will posted:

lot of people only putting vitamin c as a jojolion rep in their lists. let's none of us forget the time josuke and jobin had a stand battle by proxy with beetles

I actually meant to include it and forgot cuz I got distracted trying to remember if it was d4c love train specifically that I liked :cry:

But yeah I tend to favor fights with body horror

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It real cool how many great fights there are in JoJo, like part 5 is just nothing but great fight after great fight until it gets to Babyface then after Babyface are more great fights.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You just know that Ringo Roadagain is hung like a horse.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a real answer: i was really into Shakedown Road

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
California King Bed was also a good fight cause all Josuke has to do is figure out to get her to step on his shadow which should be easy since Daiya is legally blind, but she's smart and also not directly antagonistic

Pigbuster posted:

Think of it like the face blindness is his actual stand ability, and the origami part is just a stranger-than-usual stand form. The weirdest part is I don’t think he ever uses the “fold anything” ability after he does it to the phone.
this helps, but also Paper is in the name so it's weird!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

There are a ton of great fights so it’s hard for me to choose... I also can’t remember all of them. But off the top of my head:
Jonathan vs Dio as kids
Joseph vs Straizo (the tommy gun and grenade moves in particular)
Joseph vs Wamuu
Poker against D’Arby
Iggy vs Petshop
Vanilla Ice
All of DIO’s World
Ratt
Highway Star
Any Kira fight
Grateful Dead and Beach Boy
Any of the major Pucci fights
Mandom
Anything with D4C
Johnny vs Alternate dimension Diego
Beetle Tendency
Vitamin C

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Shaking my head and nobody mentioning Sky High with Jolyne showing off how hardcore she is. I don't care if the plane part is meh because goddamn that ending.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Sky High is pretty good and also contains the one-panel summation of the series:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

California King Bed was also a good fight cause all Josuke has to do is figure out to get her to step on his shadow which should be easy since Daiya is legally blind, but she's smart and also not directly antagonistic

this helps, but also Paper is in the name so it's weird!

California King Bed means we have a fight that can be summarized as "An amnesiac defeats a blind girl in chess by opening a refrigerator."

And that owns.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 22, 2018

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You just know that Ringo Roadagain is hung like a horse.

God, absolutely

Patware posted:

a real answer: i was really into Shakedown Road

That was a fun chapter. I kinda like weird little mysteries like those or Milagro Man; same sorta reason I liked Civil War, I guess.

And yeah, Sky High really does end well.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm rereading Part 7 and even if the fight itself is just decent, the beginning of Scary Monsters with Diego eating rocks and knocking over a bunch of cans looking for a cup of coffee before turning into a dinosaur is absolutely incredible.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Despite all the awesome fights in JoJo, the Under World fight holds a special place in my heart because the page where Jolyne is desperately explaining the situation to a confused Emporio got me into JoJo.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Favorite from each part:

Part 1: Punch fight
Part 2: Joseph vs Kars
Part 3: Vanilla Ice or DIO
Part 4: Bad Company or Highway Star
Part 5: Beach Boy and Grateful Dead
Part 6: Dragon's Dream
Part 7: Mandom
Part 8: BEETLES (and Damo)

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Honestly, a lot of my favorite fights in the series aren't even really fights, at least not in the traditional sense. I'm thinking of things like D'Arby the Gambler, Shakedown Road, and Milagro Man.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Frionnel posted:

Favorite from each part:

Part 1: Punch fight
Part 2: Joseph vs Kars
Part 3: Vanilla Ice or DIO
Part 4: Bad Company or Highway Star
Part 5: Beach Boy and Grateful Dead
Part 6: Dragon's Dream
Part 7: Mandom
Part 8: BEETLES (and Damo)

You're the first person I've ever seen to even react positively to Dragon's Dream, let alone say it's your favourite of Pt6.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

You're the first person I've ever seen to even react positively to Dragon's Dream, let alone say it's your favourite of Pt6.

I'll be the second, then. It's not my favorite, but it's a solid battle.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

It's impossible for Dragon's Dream to be anywhere near my favorite fight in Part 6, because it is sandwiched by the utter insanity that is Planet Waves and Yo-Yo Ma

Different kinds of insanity, mind you

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked Dragon's Dream though the end made me feel very squeamish.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey I just finished Part 7 and enjoyed the hell out of it. Tons of good fights (really liked Sugar Mountain, of all things), and the evolution of Johnny's powers was really cool. I was glad that they managed to explain Stephen Steel's loving child bride in a way that negated how goddamn gross I found it to be (though like three other characters are actually in love with Lucy and two of those try to rape her so welp).

Probably won't read Part 8 right away though (especially because I like reading JoJo parts all at once).

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I don't know what to say, i just really really liked Dragon's Dream. It also has "the world's fingers for gently caress off" which is the best Jolyne moment imo.

In contrast i didn't care at all for Yo Yo Ma.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I also love Dragon's Dream, and it's one of the main reasons I can't wait for Part 6 to be animated.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
anyone see that recent venom movie trailer?
Did you love that scene? that was totally a Dio analogy :allears:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I really like Dragon's Dream for the same reason I like Mandom, that they're interesting but mostly defensive stands by themselves that still nearly wipe out their respective JoJos just from how tough the user is naturally

also the dragon banter was really good

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Race Realists posted:

anyone see that recent venom movie trailer?
Did you love that scene? that was totally a Dio analogy :allears:

Which one? Can you link/timstamp it?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Pomplamoose posted:

Which one? Can you link/timstamp it?

I imagine it was either the falling through flames scene or shooting bullets out of his body back at the jerks what shot him. I'd link the trailer but I'm on mobile, they're both towards the end of the trailer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I liked Dragon's Dream a lot more on a second read than I did the first read. The second time I was just reading it on its own but it suffers a little from coming right after the Survivor & Planet Waves since that is just a really stressful fight all around. I really enjoyed how much Dragon's Dream was essentially Araki weaponizing feng shui in the style of final destination.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

https://twitter.com/myanimewaifu/status/1025545844802482176?s=19

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke sounds fine; I'm weirded out by Okuyasu. But ultimately I'm happy to see it on Toonami and happy to get new fans and to get people to see that wow, imagine, maybe Joseph isn't the end-all-be-all jojo.... so I'm pretty excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m at work and can’t watch it. Did they do the right thing and get Kuwabara’s voice for Okuyasu or are we living in a lovely hell reality?