Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

In my experience, that will only hurt you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Lemme create the new "Galick League" at work tomorrow while I pretend to be doing what they pay me for.

Lemme create another support thread to replace the one that got auto-archived, and I'll reset your password tomorrow.

Reset me too!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I'm still good. Will anything happen with the halfway done event or is that consigned to oblivion for insufficient blood?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

AJ_Impy posted:

I'm still good. Will anything happen with the halfway done event or is that consigned to oblivion for insufficient blood?

I'll create the new event in a new league so that we can finish the old league as time permits / if I ever get off my rear end.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
So, question for the thread as Jazz gets this stuff set up:

This'll be a 64 competitor, single elimination tournament. Do we think we can hit 64 people right now, or should it be dropped to 32? And should we make a new thread to try and get a bit of interest since this one's been dead for a while?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I think 32 is a safer bet and a new thread makes the most sense. Some fresh blood would be nice

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

I'm excited for this to be a thing again :toot:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

You heard'm, Jazz! 32!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

since the *snif* scrunt thread ended there's been something of a hole in my forums experience, plz fill it with the blood of my enemies

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Done. My password is saved on my desktop so I'm all set there.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I have created perhaps the greatest fighter of all time. Bow before me, mortals! (It'll have to be really quite a low bow as he's a Dark Gnome).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Beer Batter is prepared for combat.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
Bordi laSord... might possibly be the worst name I've ever come up with. But gently caress it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Once again, my fighter has failed before he even started.

I had such high hopes for a new era of awful names. :|

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

What is the signup website? I've read some of these battles but have never participated yet. I'm ready for my novice fighter to have his toes chopped off by the cruel whims of fate!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

http://arenachallenge.com

! http://arenachallenge.com !

Go to http://arenachallenge.com!

:siren: http://arenachallenge.com :siren:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I made a super sketchy fighter. I probably forgot some things, but that's fine.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

edgelord is ready to lose all of her edges

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

I hope not to disappoint

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tunicate posted:

I hope not to disappoint

I opted for coming up with a terrible name first, then making the fighter. Gratuitous dwarfen nudity and a big weapon didn't work so well for me last time, but maybe a professional batter with a blunt weapon can batter the enemy into fine batter.

I'm sorry.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Hey, it's that dog! is reporting for duty

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Cythereal posted:

I opted for coming up with a terrible name first, then making the fighter. Gratuitous dwarfen nudity and a big weapon didn't work so well for me last time, but maybe a professional batter with a blunt weapon can be a better batterer to turn the enemy into fine batter.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Is there a new tech support thread for registration codes since the linked one on site is archived? Forgive me for cluttering the thread with this non-bloody content. My code is 7053808

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You're all set.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Cheers, now Gorbo the Smoosher is ready to squish some small things! I especially look forward to squishing the inevitable antmen wielding four throwing weapons.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Bad Munki posted:

Once again, my fighter has failed before he even started.

I thought I had converted all text fields to UTF8, which I thought should be able to handle emojis. I'll look into it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Now Galick has to write up a fight with nothing but emoji's. Emojees. Emojiis? Emoji?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I thought I had converted all text fields to UTF8, which I thought should be able to handle emojis. I'll look into it.

If you do, would you be so kind as to repair my fighter's name to the traditional 🍆 of his culture instead of the westernized bastardization he's been forced to adopt?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Bad Munki posted:

If you do, would you be so kind as to repair my fighter's name to the traditional 🍆 of their culture instead of the westernized bastardization they've been forced to adopt?

ftfy, silly goose you can't apply gender to this arena. You must remember that love is a battlefield, that knows no sides

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Gender is performative and my fighter identifies as Arena Champion. Please respect that.

For once in your god drat lives, respect that.

please

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The only thing gender matters about in the arena is whether or not you're vulnerable to a gelding strike.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Cythereal posted:

The only thing gender matters about in the arena is whether or not you're vulnerable to a gelding strike.

Well I'm pretty sure a kobold would have a cloaca so that's not always true.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cythereal posted:

:hmmyes:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Halfway there! We have 16 combatants registered, so everyone, throw your hats (and weapons) into the ring and let's get our murder goin'! If you've already created a fighter, remember to manage them and register them to the League - and this will let you spend your points immediately as well!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

Well I'm pretty sure a kobold would have a cloaca so that's not always true.

You had to google how to spell that didn't you

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

No way, I got autocorrect on this thing, the only problem I had was convincing it my kobold did not, in fact, have cocoa

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Hard Brexit stands ready to shaft everyone.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Bad Munki posted:

If you do, would you be so kind as to repair my fighter's name to the traditional 🍆 of his culture instead of the westernized bastardization he's been forced to adopt?

🍆 lives on the supplementary Unicode plane, so apparently I have to use utf8mb4 instead of utf8 for everything to make it work, which requires code changes and database changes :sigh:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Continuing my trend of things in strangler costumes, Strangler disguised as itself is cunningly concealed in plain sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tunicate posted:

I hope not to disappoint

Congrats! When the tournament starts, you will receive a 500 dorfbux bonus for discovering that my code did not disallow names that consist entirely of whitespace.