Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

quote:

McDowell identified the three people sporting the white power apparel. One, Charles Alan Prudhomme, is known locally as Crusty Chuck. In the past, Chuck has been accused by Jacqi Kill of The Bad Drugs of shoving her at Catbirds back in 2011. He’s also in the sex offender registry for lewd molestation of teenage girls. Another is Amanda Moen, who defended the clothing and her intentions on Facebook. Two other people involved in the incident are allegedly James McCarty, a man who appears on the Texas Sex Offender registry for indecency with a child, and Herber Martinez. The latter was not wearing white power clothing, but according to McDowell was associating with the trio. Martinez was charged with cruelty to animals in 2016 for hanging a cat inside a Metro train.

So Much For The Tolerant Left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is apparently Crusty Chuck

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
lol

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1021671249880051712

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
whats more patriotic than a military parade? a military parade of fallen soldiers. europa could dig out a dozen floatsworth of soldiers, it’d be their biggest PR win yet

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Business Gorillas posted:

good night left side barely makes sense :cripes:

it's when half your body goes numb before a stroke

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

This is apparently Crusty Chuck

dudes a cautionary tale on "ironic" racism and trying to be as transgressive as possible to seem more punk.

Also he's a kid toucher.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Neon Noodle posted:

I only listen to black MIDI of DOOM songs

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rockabilly dorks are literally always racist. It's a core componenet of their subculture.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lib Dems are vindicated as the true proletarian party

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Dreddout posted:

Lib Dems are vindicated as the true proletarian party
and 84% of tories suffering from shy fash syndrome?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Sarcastr0 posted:

Wait...how does that jibe with how generally left younger voters seem to be?

I cant find the original Pew survey, so I'massuming that the article writer is mixing in two unrelated surveys and pretending thats legitimate analysis.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Siljmonster posted:

Tell them to stop being a lovely devil's advocate

Thanks, but the dude isn't that kind of guy. I've known him since I was 13 and he's beaten up way more Nazis than I have and, even though he lives way further away from Oakland than I do, he has far more contacts there. If he (and BM below) think that it probably wasn't a PB, it probably wasn't.

I'm still crossing my fingers that the guy at least did something to deserve it, aside from being too caspery at the wrong time.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

someone splice this audio of squealing pigs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Rockabilly dorks are literally always racist. It's a core componenet of their subculture.

I knew I hated them for a reason that wasn't the lovely music.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/demotimvator/status/1020831704154550272

andrew bolt the leftist, imagine an australian sean hannity that ranks 30th in viewers every night, beaten by an old episode of an american game show (jeopardy)

quote:

He was also the defendant in a racial vilification case (under laws that are seldom exercised in Australia) for whining at length at "pale-skinned Aborigines" who were parleying their partial Aboriginal heritage into affirmative action.[7] He was found liable (not "guilty", as it was not a trial), and despite predictable attempts from all sides to paint this as a defeat for free speech, usually without the slightest clue as to what the facts of the case were, the truth of the matter was that he systematically lied about the careers and personalities of nine "professional Aborigines" unfortunate enough to come to his attention and was called on his falsehoods. Australia's racial vilification laws allow for the expression of racism "in good faith" - that is, speak the truth as you know it in the public interest - and, by lying shamelessly, Bolt had shown he was not acting in good faith.[8] End of story. Afterwards, he received glowing defences from his fellow journalists, including the terms "oxygen thief", "champion of the overdog" and a "self-parodying buffoon" with "delusions of adequacy".[9] These were probably overly generous assessments of his worth as a human being.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
As someone from Melbourne can 100% confirm Bolt is a massively bigoted, right wing hack.

An Australian Fox news host is an excellent description.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Andrew Bolt was literally convicted of racial vilification. Yes, by Australia.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Grape posted:

Conservatives genuinely think just being white in a black area will immediately result in violence directed at you.
Yeah I think most white people who have had limited interaction with black people believe this. I assume the thinking is "after everything we've done to black people, they MUST hate us and want to hurt us" and that's why white people are so quick to get defensive and butthurt over the mildest criticism of their racial intentions.

Right-wing media of course promotes this narrative heavily, to the point that gullible conservatives just automatically believe that any violence against white people by black people is retribution for our past crimes (because it can't just be that this particular black dude is an rear end in a top hat who beats people up, it has to MEAN SOMETHING).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Not an rear end in a top hat if he beats up white people imo

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Grape posted:

Conservatives genuinely think just being white in a black area will immediately result in violence directed at you.

And honestly on closer reading I don't even think that girl is conservative lol.

yall remember the 2004 Best Picture Oscar winning film Crash

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Grape posted:

And honestly on closer reading I don't even think that girl is conservative lol.

My boomer dad who is quite Liberal warned me about moving to a "mostly minority neighborhood" in SoCal. :smith:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

My Republican Uncle got mad when Google maps advised him to drive through a "bad part of town" and had a brilliant idea for an app he asked me to make for him: Google maps that avoids "bad parts of town"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

also joe walsh:
https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status/791369493809201152

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

My Republican Uncle got mad when Google maps advised him to drive through a "bad part of town" and had a brilliant idea for an app he asked me to make for him: Google maps that avoids "bad parts of town"

You could aggregate data from the last census map by demographic.
But god, I would feel so bad doing that.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this is probably a legit million dollar idea if you could advertise it on right wing media

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

this is probably a legit million dollar idea if you could advertise it on right wing media

please do not enrich yourself by retrenching segregation tia

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jazerus posted:

you what what areas have very few dangerous minorities around? thousand foot crevasses

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jazerus posted:

direct them into construction and onto train tracks imo

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
teslas are already ahead of the curve in driving people into buildings

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The app came out four years ago. It did not go over well.

http://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/what-to-do-when-your-app-is-racist

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

"OK Google, avoid black people!"

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

mono posted:

"OK Google, avoid black people!"

Would it help at all to avoid high crime areas? You could probably scrape the FBI crime statistics for each area.

It would be less "avoid black people" and "avoid poor people" though, just disguised.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

you don't actually develop it you fools, you start a go fund me or some poo poo for the cash, put it up on right wing media sites then run away with the money while laughing your rear end off

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Start a crypto currency and do an ICO for tokens that can be redeemed for a map to a freeway

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

her mistake was in pretending Glorious Disruption would ensure racism was never a factor and to say it wasn't the intent

admit that racism is the goal and then advertise it on Rush and it'd be a goldmine

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
You run away with the money after claiming liberal terrorists have scared you too badly to make the app. This gives you pity donations without burning any bridges for future scams.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Almost every racist skin I know transitioned to Rockabilly.

Without fail.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I do wish there was a "I hate driving here" option to indicate roads I'd prefer to avoid.

I'd gladly add seconds or minutes to my drive if it meant avoiding Pennsylvania pothole clusters, bridges with holes, school zones, or any of the other dangerous / tedious areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
my lovely wechat chud uncle told me like 4 years back "you very lucky not go USC. you hear, recently, that two chinese there got shot by nig... :airquote:bad people:airquote:"