Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
This kind of the classic "lowest point" in the heroes journey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Kairi defeated Aliyah tonight, using 3 elbow drops and the Anchor to send a message to Shayna, who was on commentary. But that wasn't the best part. The best part is that Kairi brought out the MOTHERFUCKING BROCK LOCK as a move as well. Which is amazing to me considering how small Kairi is.

https://twitter.com/KarenNerdsOut/status/1019760148091465729

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jiro posted:

What do they mean he's out?

OUT, AM I?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VJeff posted:

OUT, AM I?

lol

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Takeover Brooklyn Card:

Triple Threat for the NXT Title
Johnny Gargano vs. Aleister Black vs. Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Women's Title Match
Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler

NXT Tag Team Title Match
Tyler Bate and Trent Seven vs. Roderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly

NXT North American Title Match
Ricochet vs. Adam Cole

EC3 vs. The Velveteen Dream

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Look like it's gonna be another amazing Takeover.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
drat... I'm hyped already just thinking about that card.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
That triple threat feels wrong.

I guess that means Ciampa retains, because I can’t imagine Gargano beats Ciampa for the title in a triple threat.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Full spoilers for the upcoming tapings:

quote:

-Adam Cole defeated Sean Maluta. Ricochet challenged Cole to a North American Championship match at Takeover, but Cole declined.

-Lacey Evans defeated Tenilla Price.

-Heavy Machinery over The Mighty.

-Trent Seven and Tyler Bate defeated State Line.

-EC3 over Kona Reeves.

-Shayna Baszler defeated Candice LeRae.

-Tommaso Ciampa defeated Aleister Black to win the NXT Championship. The referee took a bump. Johnny Gargano ran in at the end and attacked Ciampa and Black. Ciampa got the better of it and pinned Black to win the title.

-Nikki Cross defeated Amber Nova.

-Kassius Ohno defeats Adrian Jaoude.

-Keith Lee defeats Marcel Barthel.

-Taynara Conti beat Vanessa Bourne in a Mae Young Classic qualifier.

-Street Profits defeated The Mighty.

-Tommaso Ciampa came out for a promo. Aleister Black came out, but Johnny Gargano ran by him and attacked Ciampa, Gargano said it’s not Ciampa’s NXT as long as he’s still breathing. Black kicked Gargano and blamed him for Ciampa winning the title.

-Kairi Sane beat Aliyah.

-Tyler Bate over Roderick Strong.

Velveteen Dream cut a promo on EC3 and told the crowd he doesn’t bother them at Burger King so they should stop interrupting. The crowd chants Burger King, Dream tells them he knows Full Sail is used to having it their way, but it’s The Dream’s time now. EC3 vs. Velveteen Dream is official for NXT Takeover: Brooklyn.

-Johnny Gargano fought Aleister Black to a no-contest when Tommaso Ciampa attacked both men.

-William Regal came out and announced Ciampa vs. Gargano vs. Black for the NXT Title at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn.

Please note: Some of this stuff is likely taped out of order.

It's also worth noting that every title in NXT is held by a heel as a result of Ciampa winning the title. I would expect at least 1 or 2 title changes at Brooklyn. I would say the North American title and the Women's Title are the most likely to change.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 19, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who thinks there's a non-zero chance Black is a post-Summerslam call up?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I the only one who thinks there's a non-zero chance Black is a post-Summerslam call up?

He's probably taking the pin in that triple threat, so, unless they wanna extend it a bit more by giving him a singles rematch too, yeah, there's not gonna be anything left for him to do in NXT.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

fart blood posted:

That triple threat feels wrong.

I guess that means Ciampa retains, because I can’t imagine Gargano beats Ciampa for the title in a triple threat.

It only feels wrong because they should’ve done it in Chicago. I’ve been expecting it for months, and I’m glad they’re doing it now.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Wonder what this is about :
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1019766035719819265

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probably that thing when they show a notable athlete on camera and put their name on the screen

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they were announcing the special enforcer for brock vs roman at summerslam

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That’s gotta be Cain!!!!!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Cain isn't the most notable thing about the photo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black's title run has been a bust anyway.

Partly because it's secondary to Gargano/Ciampa, partly because Lars is very limited, but also a lot because he really shouldn't speak.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

It makes more sense to me now that i've read a more in-depth spoiler: Ref bump, Ciampa grabs the crutch and the belt, Gargano runs down and in taking the belt away from Ciampa, accidentally knocks out Black, Ciampa takes out Gargano and covers Black as the ref recovers.

And yeah, i'm a big fan of his from back in the Tommy End days, but his title run didn't do a lot for me. His character works best as the guy who aggressively meditates at you and doesn't say a lot other than the occasional 'ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THIS?!?'

We Got Us A Bread fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 19, 2018

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rovert posted:

What is?

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
The title match was pretty ok for 20 minutes but then the finishing sequence was really good and we lost our minds. Gonna probably be at least a few ridiculously stupid looking images of me from this one...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's cool that Triple H finally got around to watching "Exposed! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

James Hetfield is an NXT camera guy and CM Punk is on the production crew

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

hope he gets called to SD because I'd love to see him work with Nak/AJ/Bryan

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Martinpale posted:

It makes more sense to me now that i've read a more in-depth spoiler: Ref bump, Ciampa grabs the crutch and the belt, Gargano runs down and in taking the belt away from Ciampa, accidentally knocks out Black, Ciampa takes out Gargano and covers Black as the ref recovers.

And yeah, i'm a big fan of his from back in the Tommy End days, but his title run didn't do a lot for me. His character works best as the guy who aggressively meditates at you and doesn't say a lot other than the occasional 'ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THIS?!?'
He's barely wrestled since winning the title, two defenses against Young and Lars... I mean, if I am reading this right, the only other match he's had was on the UK show. 3 matches as champion, 2 defenses, and a bunch of talking? Yeah, that's not how you book that guy

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh since Drew was fine by Mania, Almas should've just had his rematch against him at Takeover: NOLA, then he'd have lost to Black in Chicago

that said, Black wouldn't have had a defense between then and his loss to Ciampa, so w/e

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

rovert posted:

Just spent twenty minutes looking for the Teen Wolf guy with his dick out and can't find it, this is the spoilers thread rovert please spoil this for us.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Astro7x posted:

He's barely wrestled since winning the title, two defenses against Young and Lars... I mean, if I am reading this right, the only other match he's had was on the UK show. 3 matches as champion, 2 defenses, and a bunch of talking? Yeah, that's not how you book that guy

Also, using the...pop-tart entrance every time is stupid. For comparison, THIS is the entrance that gets across what Black's character is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtKpoOdU14c

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
Kongo Kong defeats Stone Rockwell
Killer Kross defeats Josh Alexander

Hernandez & Homicide squash a local team. LAX attack post-match after Kingston calls them out
Taiji Ishimori defeats Petey Williams. Post-match the Desi Squad attack both
Austin Aries issues an open challenge but gets attacked by Eddie Edwards with the kendo stick
Scarlett Bourdeaux debuts with a promo
Johnny Impact defeats Trevor Lee (with Caleb Konley). Post-match Johnny challenges Kongo Kong
Tessa Blanchard squashes Rebel
Desi Squad defeat Fallah Bahh and KM
Brian Cage retains the X title over Matt Sydal
Allie and Kiera Hogan defeat Su Yung and a bridesmaid. Post-match Tessa attacks Allie
Aries retains the world title over Dustin Quicksilver (with Santino) after Santino throws in the towel. Aries isn't done post-match, but gets stopped after Santino hits him in the nuts. Edwards comes back out with the kendo stick and attacks
Eli Drake and Lee (with Konley) defeat Grado and Joe Hendry (with Winter)
Pentagon Jr and Fenix defeat OVE (with Sami Callihan)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Aries retains the world title over Dustin Quicksilver (with Santino) after Santino throws in the towel. Aries isn't done post-match, but gets stopped after Santino hits him in the nuts. Edwards comes back out with the kendo stick and attacks

So ... why didn't Pentagon just keep the belt?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

So ... why didn't Pentagon just keep the belt?

TNA

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Both nights of tapings honestly sound really dull and I'm glad I opted not to go.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep

TNA

Xplosion:
Fallah Bahh and KM defeat Tyson Dux and Tariq
Caleb Konley and Trevor Lee defeat The Deeners
Rebel defeats one of Su Yung's bridesmaids (KC Spinelli)

Taiji Ishimori and Petey Williams defeat Desi Squad
Tessa Blanchard defeats Alisha. Post-match Tessa challenges Allie
Hernandez and Homicide challenge LAX to fight in the streets, Konnan accepts
Austin Aries retains the world title over Eddie Edwards. Ref bump frustrated Eddie, who beat the ref up more and Aries with the kendo stick. Killer Kross came out and attacked Eddie, letting Aries capitalize for the win
Scarlett Bordeaux promo
Pentagon Jr defeats Matt Sydal
Johnny Impact defeats Jimmy Jacobs by DQ after Kongo Kong attacks. Post-match Johnny gets the upper hand and takes out Jacobs with steps
Eli Drake (with Konley and Lee) defeats Joe Hendry (with Grado and Winter)
Allie defeats Su Yung by DQ after Tessa attacks. Post-match Su attacks Tessa, Allie takes out both while they're focused on each other
Aries promo with Kross. Edwards comes out and Kross lays him out
Fenix defeats Sami Callihan (with OVE) after help from Pentagon

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The gently caress is the point of bringing Hendry in if he's just jobbing in every match? There's guys in Canada who can lay on the mat for three seconds without needing a plane from Edinburgh.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Chris James 2 posted:

Austin Aries retains the world title over Eddie Edwards. Ref bump frustrated Eddie, who beat the ref up more and Aries with the kendo stick. Killer Kross came out and attacked Eddie, letting Aries capitalize for the win
It was yesterday or the day before that the marks here bought the line from Callis and D’Amore about running the show on clean finishes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

don't call me out like this, jabroni :negative:

I stand by being genuinely impressed that both of TNA's 2 PPVs this year have ended in clean finishes. There were a lot of years in TNA's history where they didn't even get that many

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's probably okay to have gently caress finishes on TV to build up to a PPV, but it's also just okay to not have your heavyweight champion wrestle at every show.

Pentagon and Callahan just put on a great match, just have Pentagon bumble around with Edwards for a little bit. Maybe toss Aries wrestle against Fenix in an exhibition match and just beat him cleanly. There were plenty of outstanding moments at the PPV, strike while the iron's hot, and DON'T give us the same poo poo that got us tired of Impact to begin with.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Ishimori seems to be spending a lot of time in TNA instead of Japan...is this like an excursion for him?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Ishimori seems to be spending a lot of time in TNA instead of Japan...is this like an excursion for him?

Yeah, he was originally sent there as part of the NOAH partnership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

Not much point in him being in NJPW taking pins right now.