Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
If you're making multiples of an item, you can hover over the first one and press a button (E by default on PC) and it will craft more of that item and stack them automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Just had my first crash, after 12 hours, on PS4. It seems like the game is falling apart though, because I keep seeing more and more bugs like the missing mission descriptors etc

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i accidentally didn't click "accept" on the Welfare Freighter and now it lets me store stuff on it but not summon it because i don't technically "own" it

grrr

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

precision posted:

Just had my first crash, after 12 hours, on PS4. It seems like the game is falling apart though, because I keep seeing more and more bugs like the missing mission descriptors etc

I’m on PS4 pro as well, similar experience. Seems like the longer I play the more frequent the crashes come, like its coming apart at the seams

It’s whatever though, it’s day 2 of a massive new patch that’s basically a new game, I expect it’ll take a few months for them to sort all this poo poo out

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I feel like I somehow mus thave broken the scripting for base building or the main story because I am making NO progress. Barely any new unlocks or ionformation today, though the one I did find--teleporter station you can set down at bases--was kinda nice.

I question the value of planetary bases at all when freighters exist, though :confused:

(e) So what are people preferring between KBM and controller? I keep flipflopping, I prefer KBM overall but the 'quick' menu is just asininely bound.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Are the water coastlines/waves and clouds not so nice or is there something janky on my end? I fairly recently upgraded to a GTX 1080 and everything is bumped right up, seems weird that the water, clouds and skybox look so bad compared to the rest of the game.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I found this little gem during my welfare freighters first jump

The rest of the system is as lifeless as its one planet, which has been tagged as abandoned

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Waffle House posted:

Yep, I totally found this by accident last night trying to batch out building materials. Does it dupe on drop, or dupe when #1 is in use?

Nothing has to be in use, although if you use it beforehand you can dupe both input AND output (and fuel, except carbon is plentiful enough). In fact, nothing needs to have an actual purpose for refining, it just needs to be placed into #1 refinery. Nothing needs to be active or working at all. If it is working, #2 will dupe/snapshot #1 state at that moment and continue working by itself though.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
All you guys posting pictures of nice places, and this is the stuff I get

Seriously though, I haven't found a single paradise or tropical planet so far.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Xik posted:

Are the water coastlines/waves and clouds not so nice or is there something janky on my end? I fairly recently upgraded to a GTX 1080 and everything is bumped right up, seems weird that the water, clouds and skybox look so bad compared to the rest of the game.

If it makes you feel any better I also run on ultra with 1080 and sky/clouds look as hideous as on your screens. Unless there really is some tweak I don't know about?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Broken Cog posted:

What's the deal with "Activated" metals you can find on extreme worlds? Is it only that it's worth more?

You can refine activated metals into a truly ridiculous amount of chromatic metal, which is used in a ton of blueprints.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Sekenr posted:

If it makes you feel any better I also run on ultra with 1080 and sky/clouds look as hideous as on your screens. Unless there really is some tweak I don't know about?

It makes me feel better in that I know there isn't something all screwy with my game. Hopefully they improve the sky and water in a patch at some point..... :)

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

All you guys posting pictures of nice places, and this is the stuff I get

Seriously though, I haven't found a single paradise or tropical planet so far.

Heads up for those who are going through the atlas rising questline/awakening for the first time, things will get stranger than that planet

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I have to admit that I've been using the dupe cheat as well, but currently only for warp cell materials. For the rest, I don't mind a bit of grinding but I just don't want to be restricted in exploring.

Probably going to stock up my freighter with a whole bunch of warp cells before this gets fixed (which will also become a grind in itself, I guess).

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So after putting nine hours into Next, I load my save and get the "Initialise" (sic) screen. It starts a new character, my old character and ship seemingly gone. I alt-f4'd before it could save, but I tried this three times with the same results. Is my save just gone?

EDIT: I fixed it! Anybody having this issue should read this guide. It explains how to manually edit the save file to fix it. It seems to be caused by partially repairing a ship subsystem, so don't repair subsystems until you have everything.

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jul 26, 2018

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
First page I see people getting excited for clouds in the upcoming update.. Skip to the end of the thread and people are complaining clouds look like poo poo.

Fool me once NMS.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
I did the welfare freighter mission, went inside and talked to the captain, got it, put some stuff in it, left the freighter did some other stuff. Later I tried to summon the freighter and it's telling me I don't own one... help please?

Real Cool Catfish posted:

First page I see people getting excited for clouds in the upcoming update.. Skip to the end of the thread and people are complaining clouds look like poo poo.

Fool me once NMS.

Clouds look really good. If you look for bitching about something itt, you're going to find it.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 26, 2018

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

I have to admit that I've been using the dupe cheat as well, but currently only for warp cell materials. For the rest, I don't mind a bit of grinding but I just don't want to be restricted in exploring.

Probably going to stock up my freighter with a whole bunch of warp cells before this gets fixed (which will also become a grind in itself, I guess).

Wow, you don't even need to dupe the materials, you can just dupe warp cells on its own. As long as the origin refiner has something in it as output.
My warp cells are multiplying exponentially.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Fool me once NMS.

They look good during the day but there's some weird green-tint artifacting thing going on at night, not sure what that's about.

Other than that and the fact that they all seem to be moving super fast all the time, it's 10x better than what the game had before.

Apparently one modder has already sorted out how to slow down the clouds, but not the ground shadows yet so it's still a work in progress.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

E: double post

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Until you can build a trade console and a portal on your freighter, I feel like building on a freighter is 100% useless.

Also, my freighter has lost all its Korvax and has been taken over by Gek. ... What the gently caress?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 26, 2018

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
S-rank scanner module gives "Massive bonus to fauna and flora rewards" eh? I bet it's just a 100% bonus at most...

Huh

Grab this early on if you can. Will set you back around 450 nanites, but should make getting started a hell of a lot easier. One rare scan gets you around 150k units, and this is without having connected the module to the scanner itself.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/WritNelson/status/1022223501116276741?s=19

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

https://twitter.com/BMCarbaugh/status/1022383120396505088
Like, yeah, they've been in for months and you didn't know. Not only that but all of them crashed the same exact way across every planet.

Man, consuming all the game has to offer after each major patch has completely hosed my perception of how big this update is to everyone who is playing it for the first time since launch. :(

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Arsonide posted:

So after putting nine hours into Next, I load my save and get the "Initialise" (sic) screen. It starts a new character, my old character and ship seemingly gone. I alt-f4'd before it could save, but I tried this three times with the same results. Is my save just gone?

EDIT: I fixed it! Anybody having this issue should read this guide. It explains how to manually edit the save file to fix it. It seems to be caused by partially repairing a ship subsystem, so don't repair subsystems until you have everything.

That happened to me too and it's good to see that someone figured out how to fix it.

Annoying that I need to register to download the save editor, though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"I mean the game pretty neat to chill around in and build stuff but doesn't seem like a massive draw over other survival/exploration games. Let's see what the second planet is like."

"Hmmm yes okay."

"Time to play this game and nothing but this game."

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to miss the free freighter?

xilni
Feb 26, 2014

Legs Benedict posted:

i accidentally didn't click "accept" on the Welfare Freighter and now it lets me store stuff on it but not summon it because i don't technically "own" it

grrr

Are you able to send ships off on missions? I think I might be suffering this bug too, keeps saying I can’t summon it here, no matter where I go

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I have two questions, one quick and one long:
-Is there a way to move a Base Computer after it's been placed, like, into your base structures? Feels dumb that I have to leave it outside.
-I bought a ship on a freighter, and left my old one there. I took off and made a couple of warp jumps and I have no idea if I can ever find it again. Similarly, I found a crashed ship later on, but couldn't repair it on the spot. Both are still in my collection, but when I go to "Summon Ship" it just tells me "Cannot Land Here" regardless of where I am. Is there any practical way to get these back? Feels weird to have them in my collection if I can't even use them.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Is it possible to miss the free freighter?

No, I don’t think so. I saved a freighter but didn’t take the one granted to me because I thought it looked stupid. The next battle I saved a freighter still gave me the option for the free one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I think it’s triggered so that the first freighter Captain you talk to passes his freighter to you.

That said apparently you need to be careful during the dialogue and accept it on the spot because it causes ownership issues if you don’t.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

Eyud posted:

For anyone on PC, the most important mod is working with Next now.

Can anyone confirm if this works in multiplayer?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maybe a stupid question but is it possible to fly your spaceship in 3rd person and how would I make it happen on PS4?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Press down and then on the wheely thing

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Anime Store Adventure posted:

No, I don’t think so. I saved a freighter but didn’t take the one granted to me because I thought it looked stupid. The next battle I saved a freighter still gave me the option for the free one.

I ask because I ran into a freighter fleet but there was no conflict and the owner wanted like 150 mil for it. So I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

I ask because I ran into a freighter fleet but there was no conflict and the owner wanted like 150 mil for it. So I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything

Yeah, you need to save one in a battle. I don’t know how it decides what to give you - I got a 27 slot one and that seemed like a good deal but was also the same number of slots as my ship.

Has anyone had unrepairable frigates? That’s currently the only really major bug I’ve had this patch beyond some multiplayer weirdness that was ignorable.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
This is a cosmetic thing but I got my baby's first freighter and I was surprised and saddened when my adorable Gek crew was replaced by a cold unfeeling Korvax crew after the first warp jump.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1022162894673387521

:lol:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pbRYljkDFg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Game looks good. I'm not sure if the core gameplay loop has changed enough to keep me interested, but at least it's nice to breathe some life back into my 30 hour save file.

Are there any goon communities / hubs for PS4 players? It'd be nice to try out some of the multiplayer shenanigans.