Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

baguette kid is the best character this franchise has ever had. look at the sheer turn-of-the-century joy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
you know how there's an emote named confuoot? :confuoot: that made me think comfyoot and anyway long story short this is my brain on sleep deprivation

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Your Computer posted:

you know how there's an emote named confuoot? :confuoot: that made me think comfyoot and anyway long story short this is my brain on sleep deprivation

:hf::comfysamus:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Your Computer posted:

:confuoot: :grovertoot:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

oh bless this tired german man trying to talk about the american civil war to give proper context to a videogame that has the subtlety and grace of a sledgehammer

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

I really want to stay up for the link between worlds run but I have work in the morning :smith:

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

the art direction and tone

the actual story

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Jelly Omelet posted:

I really want to stay up for the link between worlds run but I have work in the morning :smith:

by a similar token, I kinda think a 4 person race of Bastion would be rad. But waking up at 6a rad?

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

parabolic posted:

by a similar token, I kinda think a 4 person race of Bastion would be rad. But waking up at 6a rad?

I thought about trying to sleep now and wake up for LBW, but I did the whole go to work with less than 4 hours of sleep thing a lot during SGDQ and it's not too fun.

It might still be worth it though...

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I'm staying up to see if the Warioware race is good.

Also remember tomorrow has Celeste and Donkey Kong 5: The Journey of Over Time and Space

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Jelly Omelet posted:

I thought about trying to sleep now and wake up for LBW, but I did the whole go to work with less than 4 hours of sleep thing a lot during SGDQ and it's not too fun.

It might still be worth it though...

as much as I enjoy having you in the thread, I cannot endorse this plan; your judgement is correct

obviously up to you, speedfriend :fluffy:

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Raised By Birds posted:

I'm staying up to see if the Warioware race is good.

Also remember tomorrow has Celeste and Donkey Kong 5: The Journey of Over Time and Space

:siren: Punchy's Celeste run is in a bit over 10 hours y'all :siren:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

parabolic posted:

:siren: Punchy's Celeste run is in a bit over 10 hours y'all :siren:

i'm looking forward to it!

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

parabolic posted:

as much as I enjoy having you in the thread, I cannot endorse this plan; your judgement is correct

obviously up to you, speedfriend :fluffy:

You're right, thank you. It's already getting pretty late here already so I should head to bed.

Goodnight! Stay comfy everybody :fluffy:

edit: I'll be at work during Punchy's run, but I'll try and stop by during break to cheer him on

Jelly Omelet fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jul 26, 2018

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Jelly Omelet posted:

You're right, thank you. It's already getting pretty late here so I should head to bed.

Goodnight! Stay comfy everybody :fluffy:

edit: I'll be at work during Punchy's run, but I'll try and stop by during break to cheer him on

good night, speedfriend, you'll need a fantastic tech team, but running sleeprun relays with a group of friends makes for a great marathon event

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

well, that sure was a dumb part of a game that they wrote

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Kid had never heard of an 'Edgehog Pompadour, but he figured 'why not?'

Well, he reckoned, no going back now. Better learn to live with it.

Gonna sleep and try to get up for Bastion

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

parabolic posted:

This is wonderful.

Sleep quick, speedfriend!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

parabolic posted:

sleep fast parabolic! remember that if a run isn't working for you, talk to the community. maybe a different route or category is out there that works better!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

parabolic posted:

mmm delicious crystals

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Your Computer posted:

mmm delicious crystals

Clearly it's a chaos emerald

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

chaox amerald?

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Your Computer posted:

mmm delicious crystals

Tasty

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Your Computer posted:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
The Lobster, Parabolic, Your Computer. You are absolute mad lads and I love you and everyone in these threads so much.

:sanix:

:ali:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Good morning all y'all.

:sanix: he can traverse adequately
:sanix: he has a fair amount of temperament
:sanix: he's among the most fleeting creatures in existance

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

It's funny how much slower this thread is -- or perhaps how much faster the SGDQ thread was, considering I don't think even GDQ threads for previous events were as fast.

We're 5 days into the marathon and like half the people on the frequent posters list have fewer than 100 posts.

I think we only hit page 100 today.

This is way more exposure than these ESA threads have ever got. I don't have the numbers but IIRC the last one died pretty much instantly like Punchy said earlier. The EU morning/afternoon time is still kinda slow but still there's been way more activity for ESA than in previous years, which is great, they deserve it.

And speaking of post numbers, I'm still in top 3, which could not happen with the couple few GDQ threads.

I really wish people were around to see the My summer car run last summer. And I hope the US side will get on tomorrow morning for the Mario 64 relay race which will be super awesome.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's time for Shrek vs. WAAAH

Is the whole game gonna be in German?

Okay that's a stupid question

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Die Stange

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SCHNELLER
SCHNELLER

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Well, uh,

there goes the race methinks.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TeaJay posted:

This is way more exposure than these ESA threads have ever got. I don't have the numbers but IIRC the last one died pretty much instantly like Punchy said earlier. The EU morning/afternoon time is still kinda slow but still there's been way more activity for ESA than in previous years, which is great, they deserve it.

And speaking of post numbers, I'm still in top 3, which could not happen with the couple few GDQ threads.

I really wish people were around to see the My summer car run last summer. And I hope the US side will get on tomorrow morning for the Mario 64 relay race which will be super awesome.

I think the last ESA thread got less than 100 posts, it was reallly bad. I think ESA itself is doing way better on donations this year as well.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Studio posted:

I think the last ESA thread got less than 100 posts, it was reallly bad. I think ESA itself is doing way better on donations this year as well.

I wonder why ESA gets dwarfed so badly. It seems about on par production wise.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

parabolic posted:

had to go up to 60 fps to capture the magic

also, me if you think I forgot this request

Quoting this because thanks and it’s amazing :allears: Only just had a chance to check the thread to see, and I’m going to head out all day so no speedruns for me for the next 10 hours or so.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

I wonder why ESA gets dwarfed so badly. It seems about on par production wise.

There was a lot of concentrated effort from GDQ to try and get it to grow in terms of viewership, attendance, etc (I focused on Media Coverage when I was with GDQ 👀). Additionally there's two events instead of just one, and each event just helps future events grow. ESA never really garnered a ton of attention, and without a base to grow from, they've struggled to grow in both donations and viewership. They've also had leadership changes (for the better), but a lot of their marathon organization and planning was at 0 after the swap. That's pretty killer from the techside, which is a nightmare due to the extra complication of using old-rear end consoles for a lot of runs.

This marathon's production is okay, they're still kind of slow at setup and I'm still pretty sure the second stream doesn't need to exist, but they're gettin' there. If they get a decent push the final day, they could hit 100k. That's not a lot, but I believe it's way more than they've done in the past.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

TANZEN!

I'm not into Jak, Daxter, Ratchet, Clank, Spyro and various other similar type of games so I'll take this chance to pop out to do some shopping.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
:rip: chrisoofy

:ali: :sanix: :fluffy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I don't understand how making gifs works but I gave it a shot because I liked this scene

• Locked thread