Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if worf didn't like risa he could have stayed in his room sulking. he's got a lot of experience in that field. instead he joined the local terrorists who believed that no one should ever have sexy fun.

Worf was just butthurt because it didn't have Klingon sexy fun, i.e. having someone chuck furniture at you while you read love poetry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Your partner throwing appliances and or furniture at you is not as sexy as star trek led us to believe

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Worf was just butthurt because it didn't have Klingon sexy fun, i.e. having someone chuck furniture at you while you read love poetry.

He doesn't even like Klingon sexy fun

"This is sex, but I have no place for it in my life now!" -Worf

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tighclops posted:

Your partner throwing appliances and or furniture at you is not as sexy as star trek led us to believe

I think it's a Klingon thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Bogus Adventure posted:

it probably did! risa is very inclusive.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Jesus Worf, Neelix outmans you as well?

Pathetic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
risa's where you get aids

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Pick posted:

risa's where you get aids

Lol, Khan's blood cures AIDS.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Send an email to sendthemtopick@gmail.com w/ your preferred delivery address for a free Star Trek and Babylon 5 friendship sticker.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Drink-Mix Man posted:

He doesn't even like Klingon sexy fun

"This is sex, but I have no place for it in my life now!" -Worf
Even when he got laid he was like "I should meet your parents now because we're getting married". Like, somehow he still remains a megavirgin even after explicitly having sex.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
A few years ago there was a kickstarter for a documentary about DS9, and basically everybody but Avery Brooks agreed to be in it. Did anything ever come of that?

If the answer is no, please link me some erotic fan fiction that you think I might like, based solely upon this post.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Pick posted:

Send an email to sendthemtopick@gmail.com w/ your preferred delivery address for a free Star Trek and Babylon 5 friendship sticker.

Sent you an email so fast my fingers got whiplash.

This is awesome, thank you.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I miss Avery Brooks. Dude has the best voice for voice overs.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
I am conceptually OK with G'kar and Garrack getting drunk together.

I'm watching B5 for the first time and it's really getting good in late middle season 2. Londo is such a charming bastard.

I wanted the first season's captain to stick through. He had such a great voice, but I like the characterization of the replacement commander guy. He has the raspy voice, but lacks the gravitas. Yes I know why he left.

Really really curious to see how they play out the lessons with the contact suit ambassador. I love the "beauty" sequence in Se 2, E14 "There All The Honor Lies." Incredibly cheap set and a single shot with weird misshapen lumps, odd lighting patterns, and bizarre personage at the end of it. Extremely well done for the money involved.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 26, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that's not garak that's damar

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
(the joke is "drinking kanar with damar and gkar" because rhyming is jokes :ssh: )

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

MC Hawking posted:

I'm watching B5 for the first time and it's really getting good in late middle season 2. Londo is such a charming bastard.

I wanted the first season's captain to stick through. He had such a great voice, but I like the characterization of the replacement commander guy. He has the raspy voice, but lacks the gravitas. Yes I know why he left.

Really really curious to see how they play out the lessons with the contact suit ambassador. I love the "beauty" sequence in Se 2, E14 "There All The Honor Lies." Incredibly cheap set and a single shot with weird misshapen lumps, odd lighting patterns, and bizarre personage at the end of it. Extremely well done for the money involved.

You Sinclair fans are nuts. His voice is the only thing that’s good. His acting is wooden as poo poo. Sheridan is mich better.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Also because Damar has a drinking problem.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

also that

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Ghostlight posted:

It's only a problem if you admit to having one.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
maybe a future sticker can be dukat drinking some nice red leaf tea :3:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
or kira, garak, and damar smoking weed in garak's moms basement

(canon)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
his mom comes down to give them chips and stuff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MC Hawking posted:

Michael O'Hare, the actor who portrayed Sinclair, had some serious mental issues to the point he had trouble differentiating between reality and the show at times towards the end of filming the first season. He had to leave for his own mental health.

edit: Missed the bit at the end of that sentence :cripes:

Sheridan gets better and has some great speeches. Give him time.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 26, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah it's extremely sad and a sad story.

I really like Boxleitner's work though, it's a bit on the hammy side but I like the energy. He commits. TV acting is different than film acting, and I think it works really well for the overall tone and approach of B5.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I'm also doing B5 for the first time and I'm only a bit into season 2 and I do miss Sinclair talking about 2.5 million tons of spinning metal, the intro suffered at the very least. I had no idea that was the reason he left because I've been trying to keep myself from accidentally reading spoilers, but that's pretty depressing. Between him and the other 3 people from the pilot movie that immediately got replaced this show has a lot of turnaround so far.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dudeness posted:

I'm also doing B5 for the first time and I'm only a bit into season 2 and I do miss Sinclair talking about 2.5 million tons of spinning metal, the intro suffered at the very least. I had no idea that was the reason he left because I've been trying to keep myself from accidentally reading spoilers, but that's pretty depressing. Between him and the other 3 people from the pilot movie that immediately got replaced this show has a lot of turnaround so far.

The pilot was made a full year before the series proper, and a lot of it got retconned because it was just plain terrible. The show itself doesn't pull any further recasting like that throughout its run aside from Sinclair.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Babylon 5 cast is very cursed sadly

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
too good for this world

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

If time travel was possible, I'd love to go back to 1993 and give JMS an entire modern rendering farm plus the collective knowledge of the guys who did the CG for The Expanse. Because Babylon 5 is so good, but the early 90's CG is so bad.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

rndmnmbr posted:

If time travel was possible, I'd love to go back to 1993 and give JMS an entire modern rendering farm plus the collective knowledge of the guys who did the CG for The Expanse. Because Babylon 5 is so good, but the early 90's CG is so bad.

Actually it's been revealed by JMS that the CGI rendering masters are in something approaching 4K. If someone could actually get WB to let him remaster the show with the archival masters they'd look amazing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

A few years ago there was a kickstarter for a documentary about DS9, and basically everybody but Avery Brooks agreed to be in it. Did anything ever come of that?

If the answer is no, please link me some erotic fan fiction that you think I might like, based solely upon this post.

They recently posted they have gotten all footage and interviews done. Now they need to do editing and all the technical stuff. They also plan to HD some specific scenes for the documentary and need to do that as well.

Basically still a fair amount of work to do. And still no Avery Brooks unless they’re keeping that a mega secret.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

rndmnmbr posted:

Its pretty ugly, but I do like that they managed to do a lot more unique shots for episodes instead of just recycling the same poo poo over and over again, like star trek

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually it's been revealed by JMS that the CGI rendering masters are in something approaching 4K. If someone could actually get WB to let him remaster the show with the archival masters they'd look amazing.

I thought they lost the original models or whatever and so couldn't do a rework to update the CG.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

happyhippy posted:

I thought they lost the original models or whatever and so couldn't do a rework to update the CG.

It was something revealed only fairly recently. The masters exist, it's just that Warner Bros aren't willing to let JMS anywhere near them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

rndmnmbr posted:

It really was amazing at the time, nothing like that had really been done before. Also MKII Starfuries own.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

It really was amazing at the time, nothing like that had really been done before. Also MKII Starfuries own.

Emboldened for truth.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Pick posted:

Now I want to see Bruce Boxleitner and Avery Brooks have an indignant speech-off.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

all right boys i just wrapped up ENT and im completely star trekked out for the next little while :tipshat:

probably gonna go through some crime and comedy shows until next year.

always sunny and something about crime. any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

numberoneposter posted:

all right boys i just wrapped up ENT and im completely star trekked out for the next little while :tipshat:

probably gonna go through some crime and comedy shows until next year.

always sunny and something about crime. any recommendations?

Monk
Psych
Leverage

Also, not about crime, but The Orville