Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why is the Amphibia theme song not officially released in HD on youtube yet, what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
The Gravity Falls GN is great. Posters on this forum will appreciate the page where the :v: emoticon shows up.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/RianSygh/status/1022196387385987072

:3:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So I noticed there's like little hype if any for that Dragon Prince show. Not that I'm suggesting there should be considering the trailer was quite awful. But still, I figured people would be talking about it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1022294329178566657

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I love how there's one guy going "ANOTHER SEASON IS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN STOP ASKING" when I'm thinking "Dude, you know they just announced new seasons for both Clone Wars AND Invader Zim,right?"

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 26, 2018

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Griffin McElroy is getting into a lot of cartoons and I love it. First Clarence, then big City Greens, and now We Bare Bears.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Hihohe posted:

Griffin McElroy is getting into a lot of cartoons and I love it. First Clarence, then big City Greens, and now We Bare Bears.

plus Justin was in OK KO

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

VolticSurge posted:

I love how there's one guy going "ANOTHER SEASON IS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN STOP ASKING" when I'm thinking "Dude, you know they just announced new seasons for both Clone Wars AND Invader Zim,right?"

I mean at the same time, Gravity Falls ended because Hirsch burned himself out hardcore while making it, and he's been very open about not wanting to do another season. I'm sure he's teasing something GF related, but it's far more likely to be another graphic novel like Lost Legends or something similar.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Maybe the movie idea he's floated about that's set after the summer?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Theres also the Blu ray box set, but i'm sure anyone that cares about the show already knows about it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

VolticSurge posted:

Invader Zim isn't getting a new season, just a new movie.

It'd be pretty sweet if Gravity Falls was getting a movie now. Although I wonder who the villain would be, I think Bill Cipher was a pretty good one and I think it'd be kind of hard to top him

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Watched the new Miraculous, 'Reverser', twice. First time, I thought the only reason it wasn't the worst of the new season is because 'Captain Hardrock' already existed. Second time, I got past the completely :wtc: "the mayor has shot all of Paris's garbage into space in literally rocket-powered dumpsters" plot beat and enjoyed it a lot more. Even if it was blatantly shown out of order because of the Queen Wasp reference, a villain who hasn't appeared yet. (Maybe it's just a thing they do every time Nathaniel features prominently in an episode.)

They're no longer being subtle about having LGBTQ characters either, which is cool.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That's just a Futurama prequel.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Payndz posted:

They're no longer being subtle about having LGBTQ characters either, which is cool.
Yeah I couldn't help but laugh when people on reddit were like 'gosh guys do you think Marc could be the LGBT character they've been hinting at?' The guy who looks like he's wearing makeup, has a rainbow shirt on, and whose last name is a play on the French word for rainbow, an LGBT character? What was your first clue?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Oracle posted:

Yeah I couldn't help but laugh when people on reddit were like 'gosh guys do you think Marc could be the LGBT character they've been hinting at?' The guy who looks like he's wearing makeup, has a rainbow shirt on, and whose last name is a play on the French word for rainbow, an LGBT character? What was your first clue?

I've already seen people calling Nathaniel/Marc Rainbow Tomato.

Anyway, a promo came out with some spoilers for the big two-part episode coming out in about a month. Watch it if you want to bee spoiled. (It's not really spoilers if you've been paying attention to the media at all)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWhXhZKog6Q

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm real mad that I apparently have to wait till the end of August for my copy of Lost Legends to even be despatched. drat you, Amazon!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Oracle posted:

Rose/Juleka has been getting increasingly obvious as well.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm real mad that I apparently have to wait till the end of August for my copy of Lost Legends to even be despatched. drat you, Amazon!

Amazon workers have been on strike lately because they are treated worse than cattle.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

Invader Zim isn't getting a new season, just a new movie.

It'd be pretty sweet if Gravity Falls was getting a movie now. Although I wonder who the villain would be, I think Bill Cipher was a pretty good one and I think it'd be kind of hard to top him

The last episode quietly foreshadowed him coming back if I recall correctly (that backwards bit of speech he made at the end) so it’s probably going to be Bill again.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1022547896300752896?s=19

Season 3 is coming any time now you guys :v:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I honestly don’t want more. It’s so perfect as is. I don’t think more would ruin it or anything, it’s just super satisfying.

A movie down the road could be cool though.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I want Alex Hirsch to do something new at this point, honestly. He's mostly been publicly involved in Gravity Falls related projects since the show ended and that's it. I'd love to see what he could come up with for an entirely new premise and story, instead of endlessly being known for Gravity Falls and nothing else.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ruflux posted:

I want Alex Hirsch to do something new at this point, honestly. He's mostly been publicly involved in Gravity Falls related projects since the show ended and that's it. I'd love to see what he could come up with for an entirely new premise and story, instead of endlessly being known for Gravity Falls and nothing else.

Wasn't it mentioned a while back that he had another project in the works? Or is that basically dead now?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I thought he wrote the upcoming Detective Pikachu movie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I thought he wrote the upcoming Detective Pikachu movie

Nah, he was in negotiations, but the final script is by Nicole Perlman and Rob Letterman. I wouldn't be surprised if he had done a draft that ideas were taken from, however, like David Hayter and Watchmen.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Personally I'm a fan of letting old shows die and paving the way for something new and better, but aside from that, it is a little disconcerting to realize that basically none of the shows I watched as a kid have really successfully made the transition to a long-term franchise like so many 80s shows have.

Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack had new, revamped versions come out and kinda just bolted onto the old seasons, and there's a few things in the works, but the only show that's gone and revamped itself and put out a new version of itself is Powerpuff Girls, and that went terribly.

There's also Teen Titans, although I'm not sure it counts if the show is based off a comic that goes back to the 70s, and then there's Ben10, which I feel like is just out of range of my childhood.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Where's my Ed Ed n Eddy reboot on Adult Swim

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

I honestly don’t want more. It’s so perfect as is. I don’t think more would ruin it or anything, it’s just super satisfying.

A movie down the road could be cool though.

I wouldn’t say “perfect”. The ending was kind of rushed so there were a few plot lines that were left dangling that still bug the poo poo out of me (Dipper and Pacifica’s friendship, for example). A movie that wraps that stuff up though would rule.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

paradoxGentleman posted:

Amazon workers have been on strike lately because they are treated worse than cattle.

Well that's an unironically reasonable explanation for the delay. Now I feel like a rear end in a top hat. Seems only fair to cancel the order and buy it someplace else.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a111i-gk_ic

Gumball is completely loving insane in the best ways.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There pretty clearly was a plan for another season's worth of material, but they were for before the finale of the show, not weirdly limping on after the fact. Season two was such a mess as it was that I'm just glad it ended on its feet before falling apart entirely.

You can't undo the biggest failings of the show (forgetting about Wendy, replaying the same moral of Dipper having to give up on all his dreams for Mabel's happiness to the point that you start hating her), and the finale basically did a slash and burn job on most of the ongoing mysteries of the show, as well as the plausibility for any of the locals to deny the supernatural, so they'd have to start over from scratch.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Nah, he was in negotiations, but the final script is by Nicole Perlman and Rob Letterman. I wouldn't be surprised if he had done a draft that ideas were taken from, however, like David Hayter and Watchmen.

I read this as Alex Hirsch's draft included David Hayter and Watchmen.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
For what it's worth, the graphic novel does address several of those hanging plotlines, namely Dipper and Pacifica's friendship and Mable's self-centeredness.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Mr Interweb posted:

So I noticed there's like little hype if any for that Dragon Prince show. Not that I'm suggesting there should be considering the trailer was quite awful. But still, I figured people would be talking about it.

Is there anything to talk about, aside from it having a bad trailer and being done by good people? I was a bit hyped when I first heard about it, but...

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Is there anything to talk about, aside from it having a bad trailer and being done by good people? I was a bit hyped when I first heard about it, but...

Well, no nothing else yet, but we can still talk about how bad the trailer was.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Apparently the end credits of the Teen Titans Go movie has the original Teen Titans versions saying they're coming back. I dunno why you'd bring back the inferior version of Teen Titans Go though :smug:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Apparently the end credits of the Teen Titans Go movie has the original Teen Titans versions saying they're coming back. I dunno why you'd bring back the inferior version of Teen Titans Go though :smug:

If a sequel's plot involves those two fighting each other and having scenes with each of them in swapped backgrounds, I'd consider that amusing already.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Just got my copy of the GF comic bookgraphic novel and I highly recommend it. Alex Hirsch's sense of humor translates really well to the medium and (as others have mentioned) it resolves several dangling plotlines that bugged the poo poo out of people since the show ended. There's also apparently a secret hidden somewhere in the book but I suck at puzzles so I have no earthly idea what it could be.

Alex also hints in it that he'd like to make more of the show at some point and now I'm irrationally hyped for a season 3 that might not even happen. He specifically mentions making a movie or miniseries centering around the Stan twins doing stuff together after the show ended and that would own. Though I'd be perfectly happy just getting one of these story collections every year or so if that fell through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

Well, no nothing else yet, but we can still talk about how bad the trailer was.

It looked like a collection of video game cutscenes. It's a shame they did the limited animation thing, because watching it at 1.25x speed makes it look mostly okay. Not great, but the cinematography is decent. Assuming Ehasz's work on ATLA is in any way indicative of the quality of writing in the show, then it's a double shame because I'm not sure I can get past that janky look it has.