Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Won't be free until~10 and don't have picks in mind so skip me if I come up before

You're up again, JoelJoel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

Dallas is pleased to welcome Martin Dzingle. He should be great in sheltered minutes, is cost controlled, and has stepped up in Ottawa higher in the lineup. He's 25 and scored 23 last year (19 at es!). I think he has the potential to be quite good on a deep team. And he's gives me like my 5th Ryan/Bryan.

Martin?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

E: I wanna say autocorrect seeing as I mentioned his name in the same post but :iiam:

Since Fisk voluntarily skipped (honorable move) I'll also select Stephen Johns.

He's held his own playing decent minutes in Dallas, passes the eye test, and I'm a Homer, so gently caress you. Plus he's cheep enough to let me play with some expensive vets in the late rounds. He may have to play on his off side depending on who I snag in the last few rounds.

Dadonov - Crosby - Radulov
Palat - RNH - Rust
Baertschi - Hayes - Dzingle

Fowler - Doughty
Johns - Barrie

???!

Fake edit: can Crosby be my player coach?

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
It's time for a big risk on a great player who has had some injury problems. The Ottawa Senators select Zach Parise.

He's 33 and missed half of last season, but he finished the year with 15 goals in 42 games. He's a savvy veteran. He's signed until the end of time, but we'll fix that during the next lockout.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Zodijackylite posted:

It's time for a big risk on a great player who has had some injury problems. The Ottawa Senators select Zach Parise.

He's 33 and missed half of last season, but he finished the year with 15 goals in 42 games. He's a savvy veteran. He's signed until the end of time, but we'll fix that during the next lockout.

Shoot. I was going to take a chance on him.

Instead, the Washington Capitals select Alex Steen.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

glynnenstein posted:

Shoot. I was going to take a chance on him.

Instead, the Washington Capitals select Alex Steen.

You've lucked into a better pick then

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You've lucked into a better pick then

I'm kinda using a gimmick that says otherwise!

That I don't actually believe my gimmick is the fun of it, though.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Steen is the better player, but that extra 2m goes a long way towards the salary floor.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll take Justin Williams now, and figure out someone else shortly.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Preds will take Chris Tierney

Fiala - Malkin - Smith
Sheary - Backstrom - Atkinson
??? - Tierney - Meier

Giordano - Jones
Gustafsson - Girard

Andersen

Thufir fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 26, 2018

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Okay, spreadsheet is up to date again.

Next up:
fawning deference (until 11:50 AM EST)
stab
eXXon
tofes
Boomer The Cannon

Skipped:
ThinkTank (x2)
Jonathan Fisk (x1)

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Always good to see a bunch of players I was considering go right after my pick to reaffirm that I'm a smart man who only makes good picks.

That being said my team so far:

Zucker - Getzlaf - Tarasenko
N/A - Gourde - Wheeler
TBD - T Johnson - Donskoi

McDonagh - Pysyk
Dermott - C Miller

Bobrovsky

I really wish I'd gone with my heart on earlier picks instead but whatchu gonna do

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

gently caress it, gimme big zeezy Zdeno Chara

all in on '19 bitch

Kovalchuk - McDavid - Williams
Vanek - Galchenyuk - Aho
Wilson - X - Labanc

Josi - De Haan
Chara - Vlasic

Rinne

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
hell yeah I was wondering when chara was gonna get picked

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yes Chara. If I hadn't committed to being loving expensive so early he would have been mine.

Good round of picks. Everyone should be proud. Well, except one of you. You know who you are.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Might not be the best offensive pick but I want my young shutdown defensive wizard line and take Blake Coleman. Coleman and Faksa are bosses.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Its probably gonna really gently caress over my salary cap but for third line depth its perfect as he can play wing or center

Bryan Little

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
eXXon (until 12 PM EST)
tofes
Boomer The Cannon
corn on the cop
Jordan7hm

Skipped:
ThinkTank (x2)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

fawning deference posted:

Might not be the best offensive pick but I want my young shutdown defensive wizard line and take Blake Coleman. Coleman and Faksa are bosses.

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

IN THE 13TH ROUND

gently caress

GODDAMN IT

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
the real cherry on that poo poo sundae is that i really needed plano, tx to up my average distance

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
blake coleman career highlights:

1) that one-handed backhand goal

2)

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Now for a proper write-up. I am aware this was a reach but I love the guy and didn't want to risk not getting him, and I also was super gay for having Faksa and Coleman on the same line to do their poo poo - both are young relentless quick defensive forwards who, despite both players spending two-thirds of their zone starts in the defensive end, managed 30 goals between them. I would look forward to these dudes going buck wild for a while.

That said, if centers get dire, Coleman does play center, and could give me a great bottom six punch down the middle if need be. I want a fast aggressive skating team and he is perfect for that.

Hall-Larkin-Zykov
Tolvanen-Zibanejad-Eberle
Coleman-Faksa-???

Provorov-Severson
Ekholm-Pionk
Edler

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sorry folks, I'll take Mattias Janmark and Nikita Zaitsev

Svechnikov - MacKinnon - Nylander
Bratt - Schenn - Hornqvist
Janmark - Nelson - XXX
XXX - XXX - XXX

OEL - Zaitsev
Matheson - Hamonic
XXX - XXX

Raanta
XXX

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jul 26, 2018

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Benjamin Manning Bishop III is an NHL goaltender. If he stays healthy he might even be average or slightly better.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Bishop is a good pick this late I think. I was originally deciding between him and Rask like four rounds ago.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

eXXon posted:

Benjamin Manning Bishop III is an NHL goaltender. If he stays healthy he might even be average or slightly better.

drat. Gave him a hard look the last two rounds. Not much left out there with him and varly off the board.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You all know who has an extra starting goaltender and is open to trades?
The Calgary Flames.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I'll give you me next pick for vas

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
goalies? who needs them. the golden knights are proud to select anthony duclair to round out our third line. gimme some league minimum contracts please

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Brayden McNabb.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Busy at the moment - give me Oskar Lindblom. Write-up in a bit.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Jordan7hm (2:48pm)
Technetium
HootTheOwl
a false
T-Bone

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna take former Montreal Canadian player Charles Hudon.

34 points in 78 career games is good, >2 shots per game is good, being on Montreal is maybe not great.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Oskar Lindblom has produced at every level of his young career and should continue to do so as a rookie in a sheltered third-line role. Good things happen whenever he's on the ice.

Vancouver was not fond of the slim center pickings available - so Marcus Johansson has been switched into a bottom-6 center role.

Panarin - Backlund - Rakell
Silfverberg - Granlund - Andrighetto
Lindblom - Johansson - Sprong

Klefbom - Klingberg
X - Stralman

Varlamov

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

gently caress it give me Ryan Donato to inject some youngblood into my team. He had a fantastic stint in the NHL last year and with R. Nash and R. Nash gone he should have every opportunity to fill a bigger role with the Bruins next year.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
dang, I wanted Donato eventually. I think he'll have a big year, although he's sort of shoved down the depth chart since he's not likely to steal any of the top-6 spots. Third liner with some PP time maybe, probably good value at this point too considering he's only 22.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Yeah I would assume he'd slot in on the third which is where I'd put him on my team. Impressive numbers in his short stint combined with his domination of the NCAA makes me think he'll be pretty good, unfortunately for me in real life.

Gives me something like this

Zucker - Getzlaf - Tarasenko
Gourde - Johnson - Wheeler
? - Donato - Donskoi

for the top 9. No I didn't intentionally get two players who's last names started with Don- for my third line and no I'm definitely not upset that there isn't a third.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Flames are ready to burn JimMatthew Benning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Technetium posted:

gently caress it give me Ryan Donato to inject some youngblood into my team. He had a fantastic stint in the NHL last year and with R. Nash and R. Nash gone he should have every opportunity to fill a bigger role with the Bruins next year.

I was torn between Donato and Hudon. I think you maybe got the better player, but Hudon fits my gimmick better.