Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
https://imgur.com/YGekVL7

Breaking my meridians has never looked so good! (also some people have already begun work on an english patch)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Saradiart posted:

https://imgur.com/YGekVL7

Breaking my meridians has never looked so good! (also some people have already begun work on an english patch)

Aww, that's not nearly as much fun as just keeling over dead. I still chuckle at the time that I convinced people that butterflies were dangerous by breaking meridians as I jumped into them.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Dirk the Average posted:

Aww, that's not nearly as much fun as just keeling over dead. I still chuckle at the time that I convinced people that butterflies were dangerous by breaking meridians as I jumped into them.

*judging buttflies

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Teaching people how to shout in eagles was fun.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014
Wushu is back. in Malaysia, Leffe and the no-trabbu squad have alerted me to age of kungfu, its the same game but it costs about half or less than snail USA cost. If you all are willing we have discord so you can come see what wushu is like on mostly the china patches. I've only played about 2 days but this poo poo is real good and the lag is about the same as snail USA was which is quite surprising. in all seriousness though snail usa rawdogged us and if you want to see what it can be like give it a look.
Discord link below.
https://discord.gg/zffcuRN
For those caught in the purge: that other link was more a multi game spamfest so we made a new discord link dedicated to chinagame.

StorGondul fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 22, 2018

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

StorGondul posted:

Wushu is back. in Malaysia, Leffe and the no-trabbu squad have alerted me to age of kungfu, its the same game but it costs about half or less than snail USA cost. If you all are willing we have discord so you can come see what wushu is like on mostly the china patches. I've only played about 2 days but this poo poo is real good and the lag is about the same as snail USA was which is quite surprising. in all seriousness though snail usa rawdogged us and if you want to see what it can be like give it a look.
Discord link below.
https://discord.gg/zffcuRN
For those caught in the purge: that other link was more a multi game spamfest so we made a new discord link dedicated to chinagame.

If ancient sets still exist this can gently caress right off.

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014

Haquer posted:

If ancient sets still exist this can gently caress right off.

They do but they're a lot easier to get with this version. it's not absolutely retarded like NA wushu. And i've only seen one person use them so far anyway since everyone is using school sets as they were buffed to level 13 so you can use breeze sword as your end set if you want and it can fight ancients.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do not tempt me back into chinagame

17.2GB .rar file what am I doing. Its pulling me back!

In all seriousness I'm actually wanting to see this game again. To see the early game experience on a game so impenetrable as wushu, how a few years and a different publisher can make it differece

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 22, 2018

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Do not tempt me back into chinagame

17.2GB .rar file what am I doing. Its pulling me back!

In all seriousness I'm actually wanting to see this game again. To see the early game experience on a game so impenetrable as wushu, how a few years and a different publisher can make it differece

well, the discord link is in there and its really not bad at all. you can get to infal in 5 spies and like 3 hours from the 6th inner books only being 10 school certs, at which point you can join a hidden sect and play some new poo poo.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Welp. Now I just have to wait for the download...and also register and stuff...ain't that grand. Thanks for the early birthday gift, guys! :negative:

(Seriously though, I'm actually kinda interested.)

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Skylight posted:

Welp. Now I just have to wait for the download...and also register and stuff...ain't that grand. Thanks for the early birthday gift, guys! :negative:

(Seriously though, I'm actually kinda interested.)

Make sure you join the discord -- the individual components are all uploaded there because it took me roughly 2 days to download the game from Malaysia with a good internet.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also make a character prior to installing the english patch. Chinagame owning me already :negative:

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Also, to super stress: don't pick vagrants. The story quest, once you hit chapter 3, becomes super relevant. It gives you a few pieces of class-04 gold gear as well as two different class-03 gold weapons.

Some other people are having story quest difficulties -- I picked Tianshan Sword and had mostly no issues.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
All I heard was pick vagrants.

Done.

I thought they patched out vagrants as a school already?

Mulva fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 23, 2018

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Mulva posted:

All I heard was pick vagrants.

Done.

I thought they patched out vagrants as a school already?

That's in the Chinese version. The Malaysian version is in some weird state where it's ahead of the NA version but also behind the Chinese version.

We didn't think we'd have a lot of people willing to try, so we went with the Malaysian version because there's a nerf in the Chinese version that makes instance soloing/duoing impossible that seemed pretty awful to try to deal with.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ah, I can be a little girl. How can I kidnap people when Im like 4 feet tall

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
gently caress it. Akeenai's back, y'all.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Have fun idling in Wudang for encounters! I'm gonna do literally anything else.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So while I was gone emei got a weapon skill set all about destroying patriarchal dynasties

StorGondul
Apr 28, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

I would try it but I am busy in bad game project gorgon

how is gorgon I actually was looking at that before I got alerted to the incoming domination of wushu Malaysia.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Oh gently caress, is this happening? If this is happening, I'm absolutely in.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Chinagame is back and I have two weeks of vacation starting thursday you say?

Xibo's coming back baby!

(Can I still pay with Subway cards?)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So while I was gone emei got a weapon skill set all about destroying patriarchal dynasties

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

angerbeet posted:

Chinagame is back and I have two weeks of vacation starting thursday you say?

Xibo's coming back baby!

(Can I still pay with Subway cards?)

Malaysia does not believe in Subway, unfortunately :(

This one accepts paypal though (don't go through paypal though it's weird, you gotta hit G2A then paypal on their website for some stupid reason).

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Is there a translation patch or am I stuck relying on memories from half a decade ago?

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

Is there a translation patch or am I stuck relying on memories from half a decade ago?

There's a patch that literally applies the good ole NA translation on top of this one (the new stuff isn't translated so that's still a work in progress in understand what's going on).

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
So is it basically impossible to use the gathering skills if you aren't a VIP? Because it's like "Hey this seems like it should work fine, let me try.....oh I've failed and instantly exploded my tool. Huh.".

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

When you pick your school at the stage coach you can go through every one of them including the yianghu and advanced "secluded" schools that your main one branches into. You can see all the weapon skills, internals and requirements.

Maybe its the time of day but I didnt see anyone playing inside mount emei. Also I remembered how horrible the games monetization is even with cheaper prices. An hour based horse/bag system???

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

When you pick your school at the stage coach you can go through every one of them including the yianghu and advanced "secluded" schools that your main one branches into. You can see all the weapon skills, internals and requirements.

Maybe its the time of day but I didnt see anyone playing inside mount emei. Also I remembered how horrible the games monetization is even with cheaper prices. An hour based horse/bag system???

What's the player base like? Ratio of English to non-English speakers? What time is Script Stealing?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Discord can answer that better than me since I just started yesterday. I dont know anything about the server

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

What's the player base like? Ratio of English to non-English speakers? What time is Script Stealing?

It's not super populated, but probably more populous than NA at the moment. There's a decent contingent of english, but it's still malaysia. Script stealing is at 7am in the morning EST.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Saradiart posted:

Script stealing is at 7am in the morning EST.

I live in EST, I could actually wake up early and make that but, but, :vomarine:

I feel like I need to call my Chinagame Accountability buddy.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
Finally the Australians get the last laugh after so much timezone+ping suffering. :unsmigghh: Can't wait to do that impossible lotus palm->piledriver combo. Hell, I couldn't even do the big pushback move into piledriver on the NA game.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

I live in EST, I could actually wake up early and make that but, but, :vomarine:

I feel like I need to call my Chinagame Accountability buddy.

I actually woke up early for script stealing today because I've lost control of my life! Yay!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I didnt get to script steal back in US wushu because it was too late and I dont get to script steal here because its like 9am and I'm in the middle of work so chinagame never changes.

Also I was heading out to learn farming and this started playing and I felt this wave of nostalgia hit me like a truck.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

That makes it like 4 am pst for me if I decided to get in on this. I dunno if that’s worth it. No script stealing would be a major pain.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Well, I'm downloading it. I know it won't be the same until I can run up walls again but I'm downloading it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

Well, I'm downloading it. I know it won't be the same until I can run up walls again but I'm downloading it.

I mean to be fair a bunch of people have extras of Step on High Ladder so you should be able to run up walls basically instantly after joining the guild.

* Also as soon as you join a school you can do 5 spy missions and buy the first page of the 6th internal, instantly trivializing a lot of the early grind and unlocking a bunch of functions.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 25, 2018

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
I would advise looking at the chinese version, as I have stated in the discord.

No cash sets, more people, more content, cash shop stuff costs the same, the translation patch works the same, newest server was in june so you're not 6 internals behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Someone mentioned that the china servers had an update that made it more difficult to farm dungeons solo and one of the reasons why malasya was chosen was because they didn't think that it would garner a whole lot of people coming back to chinagame.exe