Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Midnightghoul posted:

Next time share a Grubby clip where he brushes off any problems with the game in an attempt to stay positive and emotionless please

https://www.instagram.com/p/BliZKcZAFHX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

No Wave posted:

That's not what he was complaining about. He was complaining about the new GM system where players are adjusted upwards with +30 points after every game until they reach their expected point total. The problem is that point total is double to triple what it was in previous seasons - the best players rarely broke 10 thousand points before, now players are breaking 20 thousand by the end of the season.

Most gm players right now have a ~50% winrate, and their ranks are mostly determined by how many games they've played as they get free points after each game.

I'm not very good at explaining it, but basically gm players only reach the rank the system thinks they belong at after at least 300 games now, so the high ranks are filled with players who have completed more of those games, not the best players. That said it's immaterial to matchmaking and very few people take these titles seriously anyways, but I'm not a very competitive gamer.

Just to expand on this a bit. It's specifically the "personal rank adjustment" that is the cause. Its 40 points on top of the normal 200 so for every win you're getting +240 and every loss you're getting -160. Blizzard hasn't been transparent with how this gets calculated but basically everyone in master is getting the full 40 every time.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Yes but Blizzard is filling grandmaster full of raw potatoes

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

BattleHamster posted:

Blizzard hasn't been transparent with how this gets calculated but basically everyone in master is getting the full 40 every time.
Yes they have. Personal rank adjustment pulls your rank towards your MMR, and your MMR doesn't get reset between seasons, so everyone who was above master 1000 last season gets pulled upward quickly until their master points get close to the right amount for their MMR.

There used to be a lower ceiling on this so it was hard to get over 10k points regardless of your MMR. The only change they made recently was to raise that ceiling so that rank would more accurately reflect the MMR for players near the very top. It was definitely a good change.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 26, 2018

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

skipThings posted:

Love to watch the grubb, but it's telling that he turned his friday into another war3 day instead of plaiyng hots
Grubby doesn't stream HotS during HGC. Grubby is by far the most popular HotS streamer, so he would have a significant negative impact on HGC viewership.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sindai posted:

Yes they have. Personal rank adjustment pulls your rank towards your MMR, and your MMR doesn't get reset between seasons, so everyone who was above master 1000 last season gets pulled upward quickly until their master points get close to the right amount for their MMR.

There used to be a lower ceiling on this so it was hard to get over 10k points regardless of your MMR. The only change they made recently was to raise that ceiling so that rank would more accurately reflect the MMR for players near the very top. It was definitely a good change.
If 300 games constitutes "quickly", I guess.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

Grubby doesn't stream HotS during HGC. Grubby is by far the most popular HotS streamer, so he would have a significant negative impact on HGC viewership.

Also he commentates hgc for like 25 hours a week.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BattleHamster posted:

Just to expand on this a bit. It's specifically the "personal rank adjustment" that is the cause. Its 40 points on top of the normal 200 so for every win you're getting +240 and every loss you're getting -160. Blizzard hasn't been transparent with how this gets calculated but basically everyone in master is getting the full 40 every time.

Thank you for explaining. Glad you guys actually described the problem instead of, y'know, making upset baby noises.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Gobbeldygook posted:

consider me educated

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1022526969089421313

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

it's pantsgate all over again

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

That looks pretty cool

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That's pretty bad rear end artwork.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Well I'll be damned

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mildly sad she's in before Velen, mostly stoked as heck.

Can't wait to see her kit.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

Her kit in WoW was Power Word: Shield, Smite, Sleep and Resurection

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

why are so many characters in wow allergic to pants

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dietrich posted:

Her kit in WoW was Power Word: Shield, Smite, Sleep and Resurection

True, I meant more how it translates over to HotS.

Also where they're going to sneak the inevitable reference to her hat in her talent tree. :v:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

No Wave posted:

it's pantsgate all over again
this is an outrageous slap in the face and PROOF that sjw's own bli$$ard. brothers, when will we rise up and demand the female characters wear their authentic skimpy clothing?

:goonsay:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Wow Mengsk got hot

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I have a feeling that Whitemane will probably have some Shadow spells in the form of talents since it would thematically fit with her becoming a Death Knight later on and her being corrupt as gently caress in general.

I'd imagine that would be an important distinction as to why she's in the game and Anduin isn't.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I need to atone, m'lady

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Way back in January I heard a rumor they were working on a priest multiclass hero that could get shadow form as an ultimate at level 10. Maybe this is it

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Her trait should be about her hat somehow.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Oh hey, another generic looking titty woman I don't know because I'm a scrub and don't play WoW. :v: If she plays interestingly, I'm on board.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Gobbeldygook posted:

this is an outrageous slap in the face and PROOF that sjw's own bli$$ard. brothers, when will we rise up and demand the female characters wear their authentic skimpy clothing?

It looks to me like she's wearing the same outfit but with sleeves, I don't think those are pants.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I am sure the HotS team will give her gigantic titties to make up for the pants. And then say the titties are for silhouette purposes.

I have kind of been dipping my feet into playing Malf. I know he just got a minor talent adjustment, but are there recommended safe builds to play for him? I usually like doing things that extend regrowth, and I've taken Shan'Do at lvl 1 so I can use Innervate more. I also like the treant talent.

Another Malf question, how exactly should I go about using Tranq? Took me a bit to realize I could still cast while in Tranq mode. But what is the timing for using it? Doesn't seem like too good of an "oh poo poo" button, but tbh, I kinda suck in general.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Froghammer posted:

If we get Whitemane before Anduin I'm never going to stop laughing
brb laughing forever

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Gobbeldygook posted:

but her iconic dead thighs!

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 26, 2018

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

I am sure the HotS team will give her gigantic titties to make up for the pants. And then say the titties are for silhouette purposes.

I have kind of been dipping my feet into playing Malf. I know he just got a minor talent adjustment, but are there recommended safe builds to play for him? I usually like doing things that extend regrowth, and I've taken Shan'Do at lvl 1 so I can use Innervate more. I also like the treant talent.

Another Malf question, how exactly should I go about using Tranq? Took me a bit to realize I could still cast while in Tranq mode. But what is the timing for using it? Doesn't seem like too good of an "oh poo poo" button, but tbh, I kinda suck in general.
1: Just don't take the new talent.
https://twitter.com/BelleDuJ/status/1022209044633841666
4: Vengeful roots usually, deep roots sometimes. Vengeful roots is way better than it might seem at first glance. That little tree will soak tower shots, boss aggro, dismount people, block skill shots, etc. Also the broccoli looks the same whether it's autoing for 70 damage or 700.
7: Nature's Cure wins games, otherwise Wild Growth.
10: Twilight Dream has huge playmaking potential, but Tranquility has slowly become the default pick. Tranquility is just an AOE HOT, you pop it whenever your team needs more AOE healing.
13: Nature's Swiftness. Only even consider Hindering Moonfire if you have Jimmy or someone else with an Executioner-like talent.
16: Almost always Nature's Balance because it gives longer regrowths and better enables multi-target moonfires.
20: w/e

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm hoping she has one that shields a hero for, say, 2 seconds and restores up to 60% of his health while she channels near him, and another that does whatever happened to her after Vanilla.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I'm pretty sure she's wearing the exact same outfit as her wow appearance. Her upper arms and thighs are just shaded from her shoulder pads and the chair, and her tabard is crossing her leg right here her thigh-highs would end. Looks like shaded skin-tone to me anyway. Maybe it's just a skin tight cat suit under that but I mean it's not like blizzard has avoided showing upper arms and thighs on ladies in HoTS.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I hope her level 10 ult is choosing between priest and death knight whitemane, that’d be so sick.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Ort posted:

I hope her level 10 ult is choosing between priest and death knight whitemane, that’d be so sick.

I hope the death knight part is toggelable or at least not super strong if that's what it is - having your healer decide to go DPS at the 9 minute mark would be problematic at all levels, but really bad in QM.

I really do hope she gets a multi-class set like Varian, we need more heroes like that to keep drafts interesting.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Cue the trailer showing her kneeling before the real new warcraft hero, Footy the Footman

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Maybe her DPS thing could be a temporary buff. Like Alex dragonform but you do more damage instead of more healing for a short period.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Woah, never realized they'd go that route.

Sad Mal'Ganis isn't in yet. :(

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Dietrich posted:

I'm pretty sure she's wearing the exact same outfit as her wow appearance. Her upper arms and thighs are just shaded from her shoulder pads and the chair, and her tabard is crossing her leg right here her thigh-highs would end. Looks like shaded skin-tone to me anyway. Maybe it's just a skin tight cat suit under that but I mean it's not like blizzard has avoided showing upper arms and thighs on ladies in HoTS.
Upon further inspection you're right, she is :siren: NOT WEARING PANTS :siren:

also
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1022536086403174400

First EU match is Fnatic vs Monkey Menagerie, aka a good team vs the worst EU team so it might be a quick 3-0.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Well glad it's not generic orc #2949 and is a sexy thigh lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
People on Facebook have their asses chapped.