Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
It's funny they never fixed the 'mining gun never overheats' bug but they fixed the dupe fast as gently caress.

Pc players theres always cheat engine, if you want to give yourself fuel but have to work for other things or something like that

E:hell, what I did is just edit how much fuel is used on launch to something approaching reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m still glad the obtuse movement mechanic of “melee attack while running -> jet pack 100 miles an hour” is still in the game. I hope it’s never patched.

Serf
May 5, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

I’m still glad the obtuse movement mechanic of “melee attack while running -> jet pack 100 miles an hour” is still in the game. I hope it’s never patched.

they even gave it an animation!

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Has anyone else encountered the bug where you can't get the blueprint for frigate fuel? Like, I built the command room and the navigator lets me pick the missions...I just don't have any gas to do them with.

I tried deleting the command room, rebooting the game, and rebuilding it. Apparently I should have a quest to set as my active quest, but I don't?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

shortspecialbus posted:

Also is there a better way to get S-class ships than "sit in station and wait until one you like the look of shows up and make an offer?"

Every time you enter a system, the list of available ship spawns changes. There are about 21 different ships in each system. The faction in control of the system determines how many of each ship type. Vy'keen systems have more fighters, Korvax have more explorers, and Gek have more haulers. Of those 21 types, one is guaranteed to be an S class exotic ship but its spawn is determined by a timer that starts each time you enter a system. You could enter a system that takes 45 min to get to the exotic or it might be in the first wave that shows up at a space station. You need to be in the right place at the right time, which means you could play hundreds of hours and still not see an exotic ship. All of the others will range from C to S and are rolled every time they spawn. Morblob the Vy'Keen may show up with a C class fighter and not two minutes later, the same ship could show up as A class. The class of ship, number of inventory slots, and number of tech slots are random so the key is to jump from system to system until you find a ship whose appearance you like. When you've found one, go to a trading outpost on a planet and save by hopping out of your ship. Look for the ship you want with the class and number of slots you want and if you don't see it in the first minute or two, reload your save and wait for the next batch to land. An A class fighter might spring up with 19 slots but by reloading and checking the next batch, you might find an A class with 29 slots instead.

This page has more information on ships if you want to check maximum limits on each ship type in regards to slots or type bonuses.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Serf posted:

There’s modules that also improve its distance and speed. It’s called jetpack dash boost or something like that

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Serf posted:

Oh poo poo for real? Never thought to check it out in 3rd person. Good devs.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

chaosapiant posted:

Oh poo poo for real? Never thought to check it out in 3rd person. Good devs.

you literally dab while you're flying

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

panda clue posted:

you literally dab while you're flying

I don’t know what “dab” means.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

chaosapiant posted:

I don’t know what “dab” means.

it's the new thing the kids are doing these days

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Vaporization of concentrated THC. In third person view, your guy pulls out a little dab rig and torch and gets blazed as gently caress.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

panda clue posted:

dabbing is like over 4 years old

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

panda clue posted:

Back before Cam Newton threw superbowls

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Bloodplay it again posted:

Every time you enter a system, the list of available ship spawns changes. There are about 21 different ships in each system. The faction in control of the system determines how many of each ship type. Vy'keen systems have more fighters, Korvax have more explorers, and Gek have more haulers. Of those 21 types, one is guaranteed to be an S class exotic ship but its spawn is determined by a timer that starts each time you enter a system. You could enter a system that takes 45 min to get to the exotic or it might be in the first wave that shows up at a space station. You need to be in the right place at the right time, which means you could play hundreds of hours and still not see an exotic ship. All of the others will range from C to S and are rolled every time they spawn. Morblob the Vy'Keen may show up with a C class fighter and not two minutes later, the same ship could show up as A class. The class of ship, number of inventory slots, and number of tech slots are random so the key is to jump from system to system until you find a ship whose appearance you like. When you've found one, go to a trading outpost on a planet and save by hopping out of your ship. Look for the ship you want with the class and number of slots you want and if you don't see it in the first minute or two, reload your save and wait for the next batch to land. An A class fighter might spring up with 19 slots but by reloading and checking the next batch, you might find an A class with 29 slots instead.

This page has more information on ships if you want to check maximum limits on each ship type in regards to slots or type bonuses.

This is a very good post, thank you! Now to find money somewhere.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

shortspecialbus posted:

Copper sells for a good bit in bulk honestly

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Oh boy, I sure do love combining obtuse, difficult save mechanics with the chance to randomly crash after 20 minutes of exploration. :(

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I found these screenshots from back when I played just after launch. Is doing stuff like this still the thing to do?

https://imgur.com/a/dIrrL4m

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Oh boy, I sure do love combining obtuse, difficult save mechanics with the chance to randomly crash after 20 minutes of exploration. :(

Treat the ship as a save point. Not that it helps much when they seemingly want you doing a lot of ground exploration, but still.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Quote isnt edit, my bad

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Once you find a few relics and get a couple million getting exosuit slots is easy. Just keep joining random games and go to the stations you get dumped by.

Oh I'm sure, I'm just weirdly attached to the idea of playing with my original save slot.

anyway, here's this:

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1022543474682421251

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
How the gently caress do you escape sentinels in space? I was too far from any planet to dive to the surface and I could never boost away. What a frustrating mechanic.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

How the gently caress do you escape sentinels in space? I was too far from any planet to dive to the surface and I could never boost away. What a frustrating mechanic.

As far as I know the only option is to dive to the surface and hide in a building. Otherwise if you're trapped far out in space, I think you might be able to kill them and then quick dive to the surface before they come with another wave. It's a really lovely mechanic. Sentinels are a lousy mechanic to begin with imo - all they do is encourage you to just find a different planet or waste time hiding.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
My game is basically bugged to hell and back, I think I'm going to have to restart (or wait until a few bug fix patches go out to restart). I'm at 100% warp fuel, but when I try to warp it tells me im at 0%, leaving me stuck in my current system. Also my free freighter just evaporated after I loaded it up with all my most valuable poo poo... sucks.

I was having a lot of fun until the game decided to fall apart :negative:.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 26, 2018

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

panda clue posted:

I did the welfare freighter mission, went inside and talked to the captain, got it, put some stuff in it, left the freighter did some other stuff. Later I tried to summon the freighter and it's telling me I don't own one... help please?

Clouds look really good. If you look for bitching about something itt, you're going to find it.

I don't know how this blurry crap looks really good

Game wants me to construct a base computer on the starting hellplanet. Should I just roll with it or try to look for something better?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Space combat seems significantly easier now. Not sure if it just means the combat mechanics were improved but I can take down several pirates with little problem.

At least the low level ones. I'm sure some later will give me a challenge. But before even the "harmless" ones would kick my rear end.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Does the space combat technique of “fly backwards, shoot forwards” still work?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Sekenr posted:

I don't know how this blurry crap looks really good

I mean, yeah, if you really want to try and take an ugly screenshot to 'prove' your point, that isn't very hard to do. I could go take 50 pretty screenshots if I cared enough.

I find them visually and technically impressive given that they're dynamically generated and actually look like real clouds. The blurred out effect is a stylistic choice, which doesn't look amazing in all cases (like closeup shots in your screenshot), but generally look great. They also look far better in motion than in a screenshot.

Anasurimbur
Nov 18, 2010

SHODAN Processing Component 43893

Doctor_Acula posted:

Has anyone else encountered the bug where you can't get the blueprint for frigate fuel? Like, I built the command room and the navigator lets me pick the missions...I just don't have any gas to do them with.

I tried deleting the command room, rebooting the game, and rebuilding it. Apparently I should have a quest to set as my active quest, but I don't?

I'm having a similar problem where I do not have the recipe for antimatter. I'm basically stuck on the planet I'm on / the system I'm in.

I have the recipe for the antimatter casing and a quest that tells me to use the antimatter to go to another area - thus suggesting I've already built it into a warp pod and such - but I don't have any and have no means of crafting it.

This is in addition to being completely unable to build the blueprint manufacturing device. I really didn't want to start over but it's looking like that's going to be necessary.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

shortspecialbus posted:

Honestly, if you have the S rank analyzer upgrade, that's probably your best bet. It costs very few resources to hop from planet to planet and you'll be pulling in a million units every dozen or so scans on top of getting nanites for tech upgrades. I just got it last night and made just enough to buy the first exotic ship I've seen in ~104 hours of gameplay. It has 20 inventory slots and 6 tech slots, which I think is the max for the exotic types. It's not as useful as an S class hauler with 48 inventory slots, but with the free freighter, I might as well just use a sweet ship instead.

Here are a few more pics I've taken:

The space station is visible left-center. I saved these honkin 5MB screencaps as uncompressed pngs but imgur compressed them.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

chaosapiant posted:

Does the space combat technique of “fly backwards, shoot forwards” still work?

Is there some other way to combat? :)

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
By the way on my primary missions quest log I have two going (early spoilers) One for the space anomoly doing quests for Polo, and the other is the Atlus one but it just says I ran into some crimson station and the quest log just says go explore anywhere. Thing is I didn't run into a crimson station so I'm not sure if the quest is bugged or not.

I played the Atlas Rises questline and from I understand the Artemis quest is still involved in this one. Is he found doing the Polo quests?

Want to make sure that my ability to do that quest isn't bugged since from I understand now the base building stuff is tied to it. And there's some really neat background lore associated with it

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I wish there was an option to make all sentinels passive unless provoked. They take away from my chill space photography simulator.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Asteroids in this game seem to appear via expanding magically out of thin air when you approach space, is there some kind of hosed-up draw-distance bug or is it just how they've decided asteroids should happen?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah sentinels are a massive pain in the rear end and seem way too common. like i'm cool if a planet with a high security level has sentinels every 50 feet but even on the lowest planet they seem to constantly spawn at least one in within 50 feet of you at all times you have to work around. it's obnoxious, i don't remember them being quite so common at launch

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

John F Bennett posted:

I wish there was an option to make all sentinels passive unless provoked. They take away from my chill space photography simulator.

Do they even exist in creative mode? Do they notice you? Never done creative, just normal.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Bloodplay it again posted:

my cool new ship

Just launched after downloading the newest update and it changed the ship on me. Now it's really ugly. :( Still 20 inventory slots/6 tech slots and it has the same colors, but the exterior is all different now.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

panda clue posted:

I mean, yeah, if you really want to try and take an ugly screenshot to 'prove' your point, that isn't very hard to do. I could go take 50 pretty screenshots if I cared enough.

I find them visually and technically impressive given that they're dynamically generated and actually look like real clouds. The blurred out effect is a stylistic choice, which doesn't look amazing in all cases (like closeup shots in your screenshot), but generally look great. They also look far better in motion than in a screenshot.

Eh, sadly it took no effort at all.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Sekenr posted:

Eh, sadly it took no effort at all.

what if I told you that irl clouds aren't always pretty either :ssh:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
E: nm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Mandrel posted:

yeah sentinels are a massive pain in the rear end and seem way too common. like i'm cool if a planet with a high security level has sentinels every 50 feet but even on the lowest planet they seem to constantly spawn at least one in within 50 feet of you at all times you have to work around. it's obnoxious, i don't remember them being quite so common at launch

This is the first time where they always attack you when you're mining. They never did that on non-frenzied planets, you used to be able to do anything except attacking them.

I guess how they are now is how they were always supposed to be like? I'm not a fan of it, though.