Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
That is what happened to me.

Heroic'd my old lvl 70 monk. Saw 3000 buttons appear. logged off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea doing that is a good way to lose all interest in playing. I'd recommend just leveling up from scratch.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Mjolnerd posted:

3 friends and I just started playing on Luclin... in a guild at the moment, warmonger's something or other... we're all in the mid 50''s and play pretty frequently now, but not sure how long that will last. What's best way to contact you in game?

Character name is Kreycek. I also hang out in the serverwide.gchat channel.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

FranktheBank posted:

That is what happened to me.

Heroic'd my old lvl 70 monk. Saw 3000 buttons appear. logged off.

The key is to consolidate multiple AAs into socials and multibind many things onto a single key.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Krycek posted:

The key is to consolidate multiple AAs into socials and multibind many things onto a single key.

Right, but I didn't know where to find this info, because all the guides I found were for like lvl 100+

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
So Legacy of Ykesha unlocks on Agnarr today, anything particularly interesting? Or just frogs?

Also I have to say VT keying sucks. :suicide:

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

OGS-Remix posted:

So Legacy of Ykesha unlocks on Agnarr today, anything particularly interesting? Or just frogs?

Also I have to say VT keying sucks. :suicide:

Frogs and some okay-ish 40-60 leveling zones. Some nice spells like Blood of Nadox, Temperance, etc

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

LoY was pretty boring overall for max level folks, fun for rolling alts though.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Most classes get at least 1 pretty much "must have" spell from LoY.

edit: but don't play this game it's bad and daybreak sux

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Krazuel posted:

edit: but don't play this game it's bad and daybreak sux

Bad times at 3rd party software high?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Didn't LoY introduce armor dyes? Or was that something else.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

suuma posted:

Didn't LoY introduce armor dyes? Or was that something else.

Oh poo poo, it did, nevermind, best expansion. I immediately dyed myself the brightest pink possible, everyone knew where I was at all times during a raid (I was a loving druid, who cares unless it's like one of 5 raids that requires kiting)

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
It originally introduced dyes. But PoP unlocked dyes on Agnarr. So now we get frogs.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

One nice thing is they unlocked Banestrike on progression servers which is now a passive proc instead of an activated skill. Does 450 damage at 65.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
does it have a resist check? normal weapon proc rate?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I've never seen it resisted and the description suggests that it's 1ppm.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Republicans posted:

I've never seen it resisted and the description suggests that it's 1ppm.

Further ranks reduce the proc rate by 5 seconds each, 3 more times. But the kills required are ridiculous. It's like 100 / 1000 / 5000 for something like 50 different species of mobs.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Tableflipper is the best achievement, the only achievement that matters

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Logged into a char that had over 1000 AA points, due to recent consolidations and thus refunds. Stern warning in red text saying I couldn't log off until I had spent all but 300 points.

Started spending the points and after spending barely 200, my game client poof crashed.

Logged back in, lost all AA except 300. Nice.

Typed /petition, got this:

[Sun Jul 22 18:07:39 2018] Opening https://auth.daybreakgames.com/logi...&password=@SSID

Nothing happened.

Opened my log file and copy/pasted the URL:

All's fine and usual in the world of EQ stability and support!

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Their support lately has been atrocious, usually I'd get an answer from Woebot or Dunbar within 24 hours. I petitioned something (assigned loot to the wrong character, took a chance to get it moved) two weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. Guildmate had an item eaten, he hasn't heard anything lately either.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

So in better news, I took the time to update my ZlizUI for the June patch. I cleaned up a bunch of old unnecessary files, and also greatly cleaned up the mercenary window.

Here is a preview of the new version, would you guys like to try it out and see if everything works as expected?

http://zlizeq.com/Files/EQ-ZlizUI_v9-preview.zip

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

koreban posted:

Bad times at 3rd party software high?

what?

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

You posted that the same day that DBG posted a new policy concerning 3rd party software and new detection techniques they had implemented. I was questioning if your post was in response to getting tagged for using macroquest, since a pile of people got banned for it.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
There was a global system message last night from an 'Investigator' saying they'd just banned 3 groups for warping/automated play.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Baconroll posted:

There was a global system message last night from an 'Investigator' saying they'd just banned 3 groups for warping/automated play.

Nice. I don't think I've ever seen a message broadcast like that other than "Servers going down in x minutes"

I had my box group on most of the night and didn't get any warnings. I don't warp though, that's the part that will get you nailed.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Pilsner posted:

So in better news, I took the time to update my ZlizUI for the June patch. I cleaned up a bunch of old unnecessary files, and also greatly cleaned up the mercenary window.

Here is a preview of the new version, would you guys like to try it out and see if everything works as expected?

http://zlizeq.com/Files/EQ-ZlizUI_v9-preview.zip

Only thing I noticed last night is that when you mouse hover over buttons, the left side of the button disappears. You can still click as normal, so no functionality lost. I know that it has something to do with the transparency layer of the .png files and a change to how layers stack made during the June patch.

Looking good, though. Thank you for continuing to update this, I've been using your ui ever since I restarted eq during RoF.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I can see your members only app thread Koreban! I accept krono.

How come the switch anyway.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

koreban posted:

You posted that the same day that DBG posted a new policy concerning 3rd party software and new detection techniques they had implemented. I was questioning if your post was in response to getting tagged for using macroquest, since a pile of people got banned for it.

Oh no I haven't played since mid DoN expansion on Phinney.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Krycek posted:

Only thing I noticed last night is that when you mouse hover over buttons, the left side of the button disappears. You can still click as normal, so no functionality lost. I know that it has something to do with the transparency layer of the .png files and a change to how layers stack made during the June patch.

Looking good, though. Thank you for continuing to update this, I've been using your ui ever since I restarted eq during RoF.

Strange, which buttons do you mean? Buttons such as "Done" in windows, hot buttons or socials? It works fine for me.

Did you delete all files in the "zliz" directory before copying in the latest files? Try that. :)

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Buttons like "done" on the character sheet.

I renamed my old folder to zliz.old and created a new zliz folder. I do use another spell gem window that has 2 png files to it. I will check those.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tai posted:

I can see your members only app thread Koreban! I accept krono.

How come the switch anyway.

I’m riding Majine’s wake and gliding in on Happyfeet having been winning EQ for the last 6 weeks.

OGC’s suffering from a few powertrippy officers, a terrible alt-right culture run rampant, and some mild-to-medium corruption on the part of senior officers done basically in plain sight with a “like it or GTFO” attitude.

The dumb minor thing that was the catalyst for the avalanche of people loving off was forcing people to sign up for the twitter batphone so dima can ping people 4 days a week to show up for Oblivion kills 15 minutes before raids for a non-dkp optional (but not actually optional) raid. Non-compliance means dkp/loot lockout until you comply.

Insert the aforementioned “like it or gtfo” attitude and I think we were like the 5-7th people who nope!’d on out.

There may have been more since we left too, OGC wasn’t able to split Beltron last night. Only one raid finished, which is pretty significant.

You’re welcome to donate DKP to the refugee resettlement fund, I am acting treasurer.

koreban fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 27, 2018

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
EoE is recruiting basically every class atm and all but the top tier of loot is going to alts, come on over~

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I've uploaded version 9 of my ZlizUI, which is now RoS compatible and everything:

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

Still some small knick-knacks to be improved, but it works without errors.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Hey, so every once in a while I find the urge to revisit my first MMO, which was this game. I haven't played in a zillion years, but I kinda want to run around the old zones and level that way for the sake of nostalgia. Except for one short stint a couple years ago, I haven't played "seriously" since Ruins of Kunark. I say "seriously" cuz I was 14 and had like 20 characters and none of them got beyond level 20.

For something different, I decided to roll an Erudite Shadow Knight on the test server. It's not the race/class combo I originally played, and is, in fact, one I've not tried before. It's cool....

...except I totally forgot that Cazicite SKs are KoS in Qeynos. What can I do about this? Hang around on Odus until I can safely navigate the aqueduct? I actually wanna play for a while this time, my past few ventures have generally been "punch a couple things, log out forever".

EDIT: I'm like level 2 so I'm not super worried about it right now, but it'd be nice to know before I sink too much time into it

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 5, 2018

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Toxx forest has 2 pok books that will port you to the plane of knowledge. From there you can go anywhere.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

totally forgot about the books. Thanks!

I did figure out how to get into the Catacombs from the dock and IIRC there's an exit that leads to outside the city to Qeynos' newbie yard, but the books are so much easier.

Hold The Ashes
Sep 17, 2017
Really wanting to come back and poopsock some TLP raiding but unsure of what server. My impressions of joining chat servers and looking at bazaar listings makes Phinigel seem very emaciated and very cliq-ish. Agnarr I can't convince myself to foreverly be stuck in PoP, so Coirnav seems like what I'm going with.

My other factor is that I'm stuck between being a ranger, wiz or chanter. Rangers are complete dog poo poo until Luclin right? Chanter has a lot of desire to it with KEI + charmed pet DPS, but wiz is always on the high end of DPS and zooming all over for groups is a breeze.

Give me some goonvice goonies

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
There is nothing more irreplaceable in a group than an enchanter. You already have one? 2 is better. Wizards are great, until like PoP where you can't unload your mana bar fast enough without getting aggro or the mob dying.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hold The Ashes posted:

Really wanting to come back and poopsock some TLP raiding but unsure of what server.

I don't know that there's a great winner.

Agnar - ugh PoP forever. Plus it's basically already done, so you'll get to raid PoTime and that's really it in-era.

Phinny - still the most popular TLP. Tons of raid guilds. But you've already missed sooo much content. But you can still level up, you can still find a good raid guild that will suit you. It has an extremely high chance of making to Live server status, probably even have multiple guilds make it.

Corinav - it won't have the legs that Phinny has, but it's only in Kunark right now, so you haven't missed much, and honestly early EQ is content-lite so you can easily catch up.

I think Agnarr is a non-starter, gently caress that server. If you want to see later expansions? Phinny is still great. If you want to see more of the early stuff? Go Corinav . If you're newer to EQ in general, probably Corinav as well, since it has less systems in place, so less overwhelming.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Raiding as an enchanter sucks so bad, absolutely do not roll a chanter if raiding is your goal. However if you like multi boxing, then definitely consider a chanter box to level with your raiding main.

As for the server, people are speculating about a 20th anniversary progression server but I don't know if there's any real info about what they plan to do. I would suggest Coirnav until that's announced. The server was pretty gross at launch, it's still kinda lovely but now that Agnarr has peaked I see more normal players migrating to Coirnav. I'd just recommend playing casually until there's concrete info about the next progression server.