Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes. Let's pay for overpriced, frozen steaks.

Once my aunt sent me steaks from Texas. They had thawed in their cross-country trip, so my family re-froze them and then defrosted them the following day. I should have taken a picture of the quadro-state-change steaks, because it was cursed as hell. I refused to eat them, but my brother did and then he barfed. That's my cursed meat-by-mail story, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Blue apron is for those people who are wealthy enough to eat takeout, have time to cook, but it’s too inconvenient to go to the grocery store. Like why keep a subscription for it when you can order all of your groceries on Amazon or peapod for a fraction of the price?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

They beat part of blue apron is you can get the recipes online and spend a 1/4 by just going to the store

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is there an app where you can add all the misc. poo poo in your fridge and it'll list you things you can make with them? or food you could make if you had 1 or 2 more things?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

is there an app where you can add all the misc. poo poo in your fridge and it'll list you things you can make with them? or food you could make if you had 1 or 2 more things?

https://www.supercook.com/#/recipes

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Idk it sounds a bit like the services in the US are just poo poo, a lot of my friends (particularly ones with kids) in NZ love the equivalent there. It's very much a middle class thing because it is still cheaper to buy groceries yourself, even if you do it online and get them delivered, but these services also take care of all the mental load involved in deciding what to cook, finding new recipes to try, as well as the eliminating time it takes to do your online shopping or in-store shopping. It's much cheaper than takeaways or eating out, and you end up cooking a much more diverse and healthy range of food because you aren't throwing together "gently caress-it we'll have mac and cheese" meals because you're too tired to think or something interesting or different to cook.

The main NZ one is also very eco-friendly, it assumes you have a basic stable of spices and seasonings so you aren't getting half a teaspoon of cumin packaged and shipped and your veggies etc tend to just be loose in the box. It's no more packaging than if you'd bought it yourself at the supermarket, and often it's actually less.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:golfclap: nice, its not even an app. thank u

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lol I remember my dad rented Exit to Eden when I was a kid and my family started watching it and then quickly stopped.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Goddamnit they’ve finally gone too far

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Goddamnit they’ve finally gone too far
If this is what leads to the uprising against capitalism, I'll take it.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

bring back old gbs posted:

I used to own a domain back in the day, and wanted to do this for young bros. you'd go through the list, pick out what you wanted and it would print out what you needed. you'd check off anything you already had, then it would connect to online grocery store and put in your order for pick up or delivery. maybe with amazon getting into the grocery biz, it would be worth looking into again.

I just remember how hard it was to put together recipes, grocery lists, etc. not "hard" hard, but like "out of my comfort zone" hard.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

gently caress

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

DrPossum posted:

gently caress

Ewww no!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

bike tory posted:

Idk it sounds a bit like the services in the US are just poo poo, a lot of my friends (particularly ones with kids) in NZ love the equivalent there. It's very much a middle class thing because it is still cheaper to buy groceries yourself, even if you do it online and get them delivered, but these services also take care of all the mental load involved in deciding what to cook, finding new recipes to try, as well as the eliminating time it takes to do your online shopping or in-store shopping. It's much cheaper than takeaways or eating out, and you end up cooking a much more diverse and healthy range of food because you aren't throwing together "gently caress-it we'll have mac and cheese" meals because you're too tired to think or something interesting or different to cook.

The main NZ one is also very eco-friendly, it assumes you have a basic stable of spices and seasonings so you aren't getting half a teaspoon of cumin packaged and shipped and your veggies etc tend to just be loose in the box. It's no more packaging than if you'd bought it yourself at the supermarket, and often it's actually less.

How's the job market in New Zealand for overeducated, unskilled foreigners like me these days?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Elwood? Ray? wha happen'

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

I though this was a blender at first and they were making a smoothie.

gotta get those proteins into orange juice somehow....

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Moon Slayer posted:

How's the job market in New Zealand for overeducated, unskilled foreigners like me these days?

Depends on what your over-education is in

IT or as like, a doctor? you're in

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Depends on what your over-education is in

IT or as like, a doctor? you're in

Ha, if only. For a cursed image, pretend I posted my resume.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LMAO im the clean footprints from the people who were unfortunate enough to be standing there when that toner popped

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Extremely blessed

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(This was a real product. It's just regular plain old lasagna, but Colgate made it.)

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

the hottest movie of 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxgSXM8NUls

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Infinitum posted:

(This was a real product. It's just regular plain old lasagna, but Colgate made it.)

does it clean your teeth while you eat it

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Imo a probe for every 3rd post in a chain that does not have a cursed image in it. These last two pages have been such a disappointment.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

LMAO im the clean footprints from the people who were unfortunate enough to be standing there when that toner popped

like the shadows in hiroshima

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

:razz:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/PicturesFoIder/status/1022535764092112896?s=19

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

does it clean your teeth while you eat it

This is a standard function of all lasagna's.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

how is minnataur formd?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

that's clearly a minitaur

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Jesus christ have none of you even been to a god drat zoo?!

Its clearly a werepony

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DandyLion posted:

Jesus christ have none of you even been to a god drat zoo?!

Its clearly a werepony

I wonder what kinda weapony a werepony uses

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
minnowtour*

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.