Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
frasier and niles as bumbling holmes-ian detectives. no, wait! they're competing: frasier's watson is roz, and niles's watson is daphne. roz uses her ~*feminine charms*~ to attempt to get information out of suspects (usually getting distracted and laid), while daphne uses her psychic powers which often lead them to find evidence for crimes unrelated to the case they're working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"mr. grammer, can you play a man in the throes of a raging cocaine addiction?"
"...i believe i can try. *smirk*"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
season finale: frasier and niles spend the entire episode trying to pin bulldog for various sex crimes. totally ineffectual.

then at the end lilith swoops down and reveals he was - what else? - running an off-track betting ring all along.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
season (series?) finale: frasier and niles confront their worst nightmare: patton "the bloodguzzler" oswalt. parton is defeated in the final act when he is thrust into contact with maris; the extreme osmotic pressure between osmart's titanic bloodlard, and the bloodless husk of maris, result in patton detonating like a monster from Dig-Dug.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Frasier, fresh off another divorce, moves in with Ross Geller, fresh off his second divorce from Rachel. An odd couple like relationship begins and becomes even more sticky when their sons announce that they're in love and getting married! Is their children's happiness enough to keep this family together?

Special guest star Brooke Shields as Frasier's love interest Susan Keane!

Just mail me a check NBC. This poo poo writes itself.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 26, 2018

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
If the show was just Kelsey Grammer just bellowing for half an hour I'd never miss an episode.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

GamingHyena posted:

If the show was just Kelsey Grammer just bellowing for half an hour I'd never miss an episode.

I need to rewatch Down Periscope

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

tactlessbastard posted:

I need to rewatch Down Periscope

He doesn't actually bellow much in that movie.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

GamingHyena posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevDew-8oSo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Solice Kirsk posted:

Frasier, fresh off another divorce, moves in with Ross Geller, fresh off his second divorce from Rachel. An odd couple like relationship begins and becomes even more sticky when their sons announce that they're in love and getting married! Is their children's happiness enough to keep this family together?

Special guest star Brooke Shields as Frasier's love interest Susan Keane!

Just mail me a check NBC. This poo poo writes itself.

Goddammit was just going to post a fraiser friends mixup revival

I was going to go in the fraiser and chandler as formerly highly successful men who have fallen as a victims of american opiod crisis direction

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
A dark, gritty HBO show set in Chicago where Frasier must use psychology to help out retired cop turned private investigator Carl Winslow help investigate the brutal slaying of a young heiress.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

These are all amazing and I want to see all of them.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Now this is some grade A clickbait:

Frasier reboot would see Frasier Crane as a Trump supporter.

(It's a theory spun out of literally nothing by the writer of the article)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Someone clearly hasn't watched the show, a big point in it is that Frasier is firmly liberal (and at odds with his conservative father around election time), regardless of that it's the opposite of Kelsey Grammar's politics.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Sir Lemming posted:

Now this is some grade A clickbait:

Frasier reboot would see Frasier Crane as a Trump supporter.

(It's a theory spun out of literally nothing by the writer of the article)

This writer irrationally makes me want to give him a swirlie

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Someone clearly hasn't watched the show, a big point in it is that Frasier is firmly liberal (and at odds with his conservative father around election time), regardless of that it's the opposite of Kelsey Grammar's politics.

Well obviously he's not a true liberal because he's wrong sometimes and we laugh at him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sir Lemming posted:

Well obviously he's not a true liberal because he's wrong sometimes and we laugh at him.

Dude is like literally limousine liberal. He'd definitely be #WithHer.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

A gritty fantasy tale where Frasier is made hand of the king, Cam Winston, only to discover a murderous, incestuous conspiracy

Game of Cranes

Vintner is coming

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Frasier moves to Gotham City and finds himself caught up in a terrifying game to help catch the long-lost, dreaded third Crane brother.

Niles gets a job at Arkham, and finds after being married to Maris the Joker is nothing.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 27, 2018

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Cranes of Maine, enraged that their daughter had been made fun of for receiving nothing but nerdy toys for Christmas in 1993, embark on a several state manhunt for the man responsible for their child's horrific grade school experience. Along the way they meet all of Frasier's old acquaintances from Norm Peterson all the way to Bob "Bulldog" Brisco. In the penultimate episode they finally arrive in Chicago and hear Frasier on the radio tell the story of how his father saved his son's Christmas when he received their gifts and have a change of heart. The last episode is them driving home talking about how lucky they were to have their daughter in their life. They decide to go visit her, and the final scene is them pulling into a cemetary.

~FIN~

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I don't have much to add except that I am unironically enjoying all this speculative Frasier fiction

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Joker kidnaps Frasier and Niles, and within eight minutes he's stopped bothering making demands and sitting back munching popcorn.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
in my fanfic Frasier gets into an argument with the parking lot attendant, who just happens to be Mike from Better Call Saul

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
They should just do all the old episodes again but Frasier's dick should be hanging out of his pants in every scene

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No it’s a gritty noir story about Frasier getting hired by Roz’s kid to find her in the seedy underbelly of Chicago. Nu-Frasier will use his stunning wit and intellect in combination with his detective skills picked up from both his deceased father as well as his estranged son, Freddy, a senior FBI psycho-analyst, to pierce the shadowy veil of the Windy City to find his best friend.

Nu-Frasier tackles different criminal psychoses every week while being pulled deeper and deeper into the twisted web of sex, lies, and deceit that Roz has become entangled in, until finally he gets to the very bottom of the timeless mystery: Who shot Bulldawg!?

Frasier, gristled, lurches through the door in pouring rain to his office
*a phone rings
Shaking, Frasier reaches for the receiver
He picks it up and pushes it to his ear
“...I’m listeniiiiing...”
*click*
Dialtone

FRASIER 2020

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Riptor posted:

They should just do all the old episodes again but Frasier's dick should be hanging out of his pants in every scene

Six more weeks of winter I see

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
Frasier SE1 EP1

In the year 21XX, Captain Frasier Crane is on his final mission surveying the outer star clusters of the Andromeda Galaxy, when he receives a distress signal from the Neo Earth Orbital Defense Corps. Informed that his estranged brother and Psilon Project leader Dr. Niles Crane along with six of his best mind-morph students have seized control of Nervosa Project and are threatening to turn the top secret psionic laser on Neo Earth, Captain Crane immediately charts a course back to Terran Space. His only hope is that he makes it back before his brother subjects all of humanity to a Jungian mass-mind field in a misguided effort to touch the Cosmic Godhead and destroy M.A.R.I.S. once and for all. Unfortunately, his strategic planning is continuously interrupted by the promiscuous misadventures of prime navigator/pleasurebot Roz 6000 (now dating her 62nd crew member), endless neo-Cockney chatter from his chief medical officer and psionic advisor, Daphne Moonshot, and grumpy moralizing from his father and security chief Sargent Martin "Marty" Crane, now confined to a beat-up old brainwave-operated wheelchair. Despite these setbacks and near constant mental breakdowns over clashing decor and substandard wine lists, Frasier is able to pay the hyperspace tolls and bring his ship, the BMW class cruiser The SS Whooping Crane, into Neo-Earth orbit in record time. But unbeknownst to Frasier, its was actually Niles who sent the distress signal, a clever ruse to eliminate his brother in a misguided effort to win Daphne's heart. The game is afoot!

Excerpt:

INTERIOR: BRIDGE

CAPTAIN CRANE (PACING): Dad, I have tolerated your constant grousing since your boarded, and to put it rather mildly, I have grown irritated. But I, being a good son, have played the role to a tee. I've even allowed you to drag that hideous I-don't-even-know-the-color brainwave chair onto this bridge. A bridge, mind you, that I have so carefully selected a cream color scheme for, a decor choice your chair has clashed with so brutally that it should be tired for crimes against urbanity in the Space Hague. This I have allowed! But I will not have you insulting my alien crew by suggesting that their skull plates are, as you elegantly put it to poor Corporal Jorsh-en Bonesplitter, "glued on"!

SGT. CRANE (SIDE-EYEING FROM THE SECURITY CONSOLE): Well, it looked glued on. Jeeze, I didn't mean to insult the guy. It was a joke, I was being amiable!

CPT. CRANE: You didn't have to touch it! If you want to be amiable, talk about the score from the latest honor-blooding tournament or whatever chest-thumping game the Gorlons watch. Say something about the beautiful helium clouds outside, the galley trim, the quality of the Mignon-flavored protein bars I had brought to the ship at great expense. But for god's sake, you don't touch another sapient being's head!

SGT. CRANE (MUTTERING): Fine, but it did look glued on.

ROZ 6000: Captain, an unknown vessel has approached our ship in stealth, and is now trying to hail us.

CPT. CRANE: Who is it?

ROZ: How should I know? I only work here, remember?

CPT. CRANE: Now Roz, I didn't mean it like that. We've all been under a lot of stress since Niles went AWOL. But we must work as a team now. Chin up!

Daphne, mind getting that?

DAPHNE (WALKING ACROSS THE BRIDGE TO THE COMLINK): Yes, yes, a fine team we are. You're next to the bloody comlink, but ye can't be bothered to flip the drat switch. Oh I get it, I'm only the ship's doctor, never mind me advanced medical degrees from the Galactic Academy. Get the door he says, put it on screen he says, like I'm his maid. One day I'm not going to be here to answer your precious screen ye know.

CPT. CRANE (DISMISSIVELY, PANTOMIMING FLIPPING A SWITCH): Daphne.

DAPHNE (STOPPING COLD IN HER TRACKS): Wait, I mustn't! I have just had a horrible premonition that if I flip the switch something terrible will happen.

SGT. CRANE: Like what, Daph?

CPT. CRANE: Oh, dad, you're not actually going for this nonsense are you? Oooh, a spooky thought. I swear, it's like being surrounded by a tribe of Gorlon primitives. Shall we consult the bones? Oh, no, perhaps we should eat our enemy dead to take part of their souls... OOOOOH. Daphne, just flip the drat switch.

DAPHNE FLIPS THE SWITCH WITH GRIM DETERMINATION.

CPT. CRANE: I'm listening.

ON THE SCREEN APPEARS THE GRIM VISAGE OF ASTEROID WARLORD NOEL SHEMPSKY.

CPT. CRANE: Noel! I should of known!

NOEL: So Captain Crane, it looks like we meet again. I wish I could say it was under more auspicious circumstances. But with your brother's psionically-induced breakdown it falls upon me to deliver your comeuppance. So unfortunate. But I will try to make this quick. As you know, or would know if you paid any attention to the technical details of this fictional universe, accepting a hail from a cloaked Bulldog Class battle cruiser leaves you vulnerable to plasma torpedoes, indeed, it is the only condition under which a Bulldog Class cruiser can fire from cloak. It would seem like I, Noel Shempsky, will have the last laugh. Or as they say on the subether net, you just got p0wned. Hi Roz.

ROZ (EYES DOWNCAST): Hi Noel.

NOEL: Did you get my flowers?

ROZ: Yeah, you sent Verposas from Alpha Centauri Z, you know the strangle weed. We had to space like five infected guys thanks to you!

NOEL: Five fewer competitors. Score!

CPT. Now Noel, I think this childlike crush on Roz has gone on for far too long. It's time, I think to put this infatuation behind us and end this dangerous charade once and for all. You can get better Noel, but you have to trust me. Can you trust me Noel? Before someone gets hurt?

NOEL: Oh, someone will get hurt Captain Crane, all right: you! Prepare to eat superhot plasma. End transmission!

SGT. CRANE: Well you really helped him son! With more sage advice like that, I would give our species about five earth years until total extinction.

CPT. CRANE: Oh like you could do better. I'm sure another amiable act out of you, and the whole Gorlon Peace Accords of 21XX would be in tatters, like that drat chair of yours!

SGT. This chair has more class in one arm rest...

DAPHNE: Would you two shut ya gobs for one minute? I remember the Academy saying something about this maneuver. The thing is they can't actually fire on us until we close our comlink. But as soon as we close it we're fried like frogs. Never really understood what me mother meant when she said that. She's always tell me brothers 'we're fried like frogs' anytime me father came home from the pub all pissed late at night. What a strange thing to say...

CPT. CRANE: Enough Daphne! [A BEAT] She's right. I learned the same thing at Harvard IV. It's an attrition tactic. Because we have to keep the Bordeaux Drive running at full capacity to maintain the signal with the cloaked ship. But that gives us time, and I think I may have just the little ruse. Crew, assemble in the transporter room with Frazers set to stun, we're going to throw them a classy little boarding party. And I'll be bringing the Brandy....

Love Rat fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 29, 2018

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Love Rat posted:

Frasier SE1 EP1

In the year 21XX, Captain Frasier Crane is on his final mission surveying the outer star clusters of the Andromeda Galaxy, when he receives a distress signal from the Neo Earth Orbital Defense Corps. Informed that his estranged brother and Psilon Project leader Dr. Niles Crane along with six of his best mind-morph students have seized control of Nervosa Project and are threatening to turn the top secret psionic laser on Neo Earth, Captain Crane immediately charts a course back to Terran Space. His only hope is that he makes it back before his brother subjects all of humanity to a Jungian mass-mind field in a misguided effort to touch the Cosmic Godhead and destroy M.A.R.I.S. once and for all. Unfortunately, his strategic planning is continuously interrupted by the promiscuous misadventures of prime navigator/pleasurebot Roz 6000 (now dating her 62nd crew member), endless neo-Cockney chatter from his chief medical officer and psionic advisor, Daphne Moonshot, and grumpy moralizing from his father and security chief Sargent Martin "Marty" Crane, now confined to a beat-up old brainwave-operated wheelchair. Despite these setbacks and near constant mental breakdowns over clashing decor and substandard wine lists, Frasier is able to pay the hyperspace tolls and bring his ship, the BMW class cruiser The SS Whooping Crane, into Neo-Earth orbit in record time. But unbeknownst to Frasier, its was actually Niles who sent the distress signal, a clever ruse to eliminate his brother in a misguided effort to win Daphne's heart. The game is afoot!

Excerpt:

:yeshaha:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61uPmmTcEJg

havent watched it yet

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Love Rat posted:

DAPHNE FLIPS THE SWITCH WITH GRIM DETERMINATION.

CPT. CRANE: I'm listening.

It's beautiful.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I was driving through a very rich area of southeastern Pennsylvania and there's a retirement community called Maris Grove.

I saw the sign but couldn't get a look at the actual facility.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I was driving through a very rich area of southeastern Pennsylvania and there's a retirement community called Maris Grove.

:golfclap:

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

:perfect:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm watching cheers now and Frasier's joined the cast and wow
He looks so much like David Hyde Pierce
And he's such a salty bitch after Diane leaves him at the altar

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Calaveron posted:

I'm watching cheers now and Frasier's joined the cast and wow
He looks so much like David Hyde Pierce
And he's such a salty bitch after Diane leaves him at the altar

To be fair, that was a lovely trip to Europe. Diane cracked him in the head and you know he saw the hotel bills with all those international calls to the bar. I'm watching Cheers, too, and just made it to season 6.

I didn't know David Angell, writer and later producer of Cheers, Frasier, and Wings was in the first plane that hit the WTC. I'm sure it is mentioned in Frasier, but we're gonna finish Cheers before moving on to another show.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Bloodplay it again posted:

To be fair, that was a lovely trip to Europe. Diane cracked him in the head and you know he saw the hotel bills with all those international calls to the bar. I'm watching Cheers, too, and just made it to season 6.

I didn't know David Angell, writer and later producer of Cheers, Frasier, and Wings was in the first plane that hit the WTC. I'm sure it is mentioned in Frasier, but we're gonna finish Cheers before moving on to another show.

I'm in season 5 and how is Sam Malone not in prison

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Calaveron posted:

It's funny you should mention that. Ask again after you get closer to the end of the season.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Bloodplay it again posted:

Yeah, the beginning of both halves of a two-parter have a dedication.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Yeah, especially after he knocked in Diane's door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

was it this thread where someone floated the idea of frasier in vietnam pinned down under fire and giving a status report by radio to HQ and bellowing "I AM WOUNDED"