Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And I'm operating under the assumption that he would totally overhaul his moveset because the only reason his moveset is what it is is because of the WWE style.

oh, man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Your Parents posted:

toru yano is one of the best wrestlers in the world lmao at anyone who disagrees including big dave

big dave doesn't disagree he was actually talking about how skilled yano actually is when he isn't doing comedy matches like a day ago

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remember chris chetti? let's argue about him

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I liked Cody's S&M gimmick.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I mean this sincerely. Watch early Roman matches when he was actually over. His offense, while still limited, was a lot more snug and thus was a ton better.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cavauro posted:

remember chris chetti? let's argue about him

Was he the best guy to come throw the ECW training school? Almost certainly not. I can only think of 3 names, him, Danny Doring & Roadkill & Roadkill was probably the best?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean this sincerely. Watch early Roman matches when he was actually over. His offense, while still limited, was a lot more snug and thus was a ton better.

While it was a little more snug the moves were over because they were designed for tag team stuff, not singles matches. The drive by is such a silly non impact move, but it's way more noticeable how lame it is during a singles match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

At first I read "Tama" as "Tana" when this argument started and thought people were arguing that Roman could have/has had better matches than Tanahashi and I thought I was going insane.

Roman is fine. He's about YOSHI-YASHI levels of boring for me but if were allowed to have a fun gimmick, maybe be a heel, and definitely stop doing 48 Superman Punches every match I'm sure he could be fun to watch again. He was great with The Shield; of course, everybody had to do 1/3 the amount of work they were doing in those matches so it kind of exposed weaknesses when they broke up but I doubt he's a lost cause as far as becoming overwhelmingly appreciated someday. Just not now, and not with the poo poo they keep doing with him.

I do think he would be pretty fun in NJPW but I'm also pretty sure Roman is a WWE lifer like Orton and Cena and will never work for another company for the rest of his career.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Was he the best guy to come throw the ECW training school? Almost certainly not. I can only think of 3 names, him, Danny Doring & Roadkill & Roadkill was probably the best?

I disagree a lot, sumbitch!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can say for sure Roman is better than Yoshi-Hashi. Yoshi just looks janky as poo poo in the ring nowadays.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's good that we're comparing Roman to Tama because yeah, that's what he'd be in NJPW, a good stable hoss that can do decent to good singles matches if needed be.

source: Roman Reigns Was In This Exact Position In The Motherfuckin' Shield

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

except tama doesn't have good singles matches. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh yeah well what about TODAY which I hadn't watched when this discussion started but have now watched checkmate fucker.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Lot of god wrestler tweets happening the last couple pages

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

mactheknife posted:

Lot of god wrestler tweets happening the last couple pages

tweet my nuts bitch !!!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sleepwalkers posted:

tweet my nuts bitch !!!

I think you mean get bench

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tama and Roman are about the same in ring but Tama has charisma and swears a lot so he's better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Swearing is a crutch.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

Swearing is a crutch.

Roman should swear more then, because he's clearly lame as is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Swearing is incredibly cool

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Swearing is a crutch.

I do get annoyed with the sheer amount of sanitizing that goes on in WWE; it can be an effective additive. That said in general I agree with this. I admit it even as someone who swears all the time. :shobon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whenever he sets up for the spear Roman should yell "gently caress YOUUUUUUUUUU-AH!"

That'd get him over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This derail has gone on long enough, get back to posting Wrestlers on Social Media comparing long dicks to sousages uwahahaha

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/1022626924923744264

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I do get annoyed with the sheer amount of sanitizing that goes on in WWE; it can be an effective additive. That said in general I agree with this. I admit it even as someone who swears all the time. :shobon:
Yeah there are definitely times it adds a lot to a segment.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dromal phrenia posted:

Yeah there are definitely times it adds a lot to a segment.

That guy is still my favorite guy. I wish there was enough material for an Awesome Fan Reactions thread. :)

Also Ciampa really does look like an unfinished HHH there. It's hilarious.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

tag yourself i'm the irritated dad who realizes he's gonna have to have a talk with his 3 year old daughter after the show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ciampa is so good. Good ol' Ciampa. Yes sir, Tommaso Ciampa.

How I hate him.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That guy is still my favorite guy. I wish there was enough material for an Awesome Fan Reactions thread. :)

There might be. If you just watch the fans you can sometimes spot some great stuff

Crowd shots can have some interesting characters

Fan interactions

Reaction shots

Signs

Definitely one of my favorite parts of giffing, but required a lot of focus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, every so often you just spot somebody doing something amazing or hilarious but often they get lost in the background.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

My fav crowd reaction of all time is from an older raw(or ppv?), like 06 or 07 maybe, and this massive man in the front row just shakes his head in disgust and turns his back the the ring when HHH pins Flair. His jersey says "SANDMAN" on the back.

Text won't do it justice but I will never forget it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

My fav crowd reaction of all time is from an older raw(or ppv?), like 06 or 07 maybe, and this massive man in the front row just shakes his head in disgust and turns his back the the ring when HHH pins Flair. His jersey says "SANDMAN" on the back.

I was actually trying to find this one recently. Post it if ya got it!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm trying to find that fat sandman jersey guy too but not having much luck. I have found evidence of many other good fans though

Ones I've never seen before like

Ones that are pretty famous at this point like

Ones that are pretty funny even out of context like

(iirc that last one is from Punk coming out dressed like Jeff Hardy)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1022263993795272704

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Evil Canadian posted:

Best fan shot of all time is that guy on an early episode of Nitro turning directly to the camera, ripping his free Hulkamania towel in half and throwing up the 4 horsemen sign.

Someone please post the GIF, I don't have it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That guy is the greatest fan in the history of the universe :hai:

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Best fan shot of all time is that guy on an early episode of Nitro turning directly to the camera, ripping his free Hulkamania towel in half and throwing up the 4 horsemen sign.

Someone please post the GIF, I don't have it

Edit: Beaten like a Hulkamania Towel

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

surprised it took the wrestlesplania crew nearly 20 minutes to respond to this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Feel there's an excellent chance that guys' name is either Trey or Darrell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Feel there's an excellent chance that guys' name is either Trey or Darrell.

His last name is Udeowns, his first name is Thisd