Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Remember Hernandez? He's back, in pog form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1020741404740513793

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Seeing bits of LAX stuff from Impact and I am really curious about how the storyline will finish/progress on Sunday.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I watched the last Impact on a whim (even before rovert's tweet&post) and I gotta say, King and Konnan got me interested in that story.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Konnan's always been an incredible promo, a story he's involved in on the mic is a story worth keeping an eye on

TV Zombie posted:

Seeing bits of LAX stuff from Impact and I am really curious about how the storyline will finish/progress on Sunday.

I'd like Hernandez/Homicide being back long-term, though obviously I understand hesitance in having long-term plans for Hernandez in particular

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1021394527939162112

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
We just need Santino.

I kid, of course. Slammiversary was a fun watch and the current regime seems to know what they're doing. Bit surprised they would spoil the mystery woman like that, though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

She's a blonde named Scarlett. I almost expect her to take a gay man's spot on the roster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

She's a blonde named Scarlett. I almost expect her to take a gay man's spot on the roster.

Aron Rex has been gone for a while

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Callis on his podcast

quote:

About the clean finish in the main event:

"And that's the thing, as we're talking about this, if you're in that booking room, it's easy to go down the rabbit hole of 'well, we're gonna be sending people home unhappy because the heel's up, maybe we should do a screw finish' and when Scott and I came here in January, one of the things that we both felt very strongly about is clean finishes. Clean finishes and if people don't wanna do jobs, we're happy to have a discussion. But then that's just not gonna work here. My thing last night was, and even yesterday we're talking like 'well maybe we should have the thing' and I'm like 'No. He's the best wrestler in the world. He beat the guy with his finish. It's an athletic contest. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a great match that people will be happy to see.'"

About scripted promos:

"Someone asked me like a week ago, 'well do you write promos for guys?' I'm like, 'No'. Then they're like, 'Yeah, but you're a great promo'. I'm like, 'Yeah, I can do a Don Callis promo better than anyone in this business. But if I start telling Eddie Edwards how to do a promo, he might sound a lot like Don Callis but that's not what we want!' I think it really is about the promo thing is about getting people comfortable with themselves and we're in a business where a lot of people come into this business not comfortable in their own skin. And now we're telling them, 'be this whole another character'."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I enjoyed Slammiversary and added Impact back to my DVR list. Even if it’s not perfect, I respect that they’re trying.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonna have to bite the bullet and watch Slammiversary, I think, after hearing so many positive things about it. From the gifs I saw the venue looked pretty neat, too. I'm intrigued.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Dave dropped the snowflakes for Slammiversary

Fenix vs. Johnny Impact vs. Taiji Ishimori vs. Petey Williams: ***3/4
Allie vs. Tessa Blanchard: **3/4
Tommy Dreamer vs. Eddie Edwards: ***
Brian Cage vs. Matt Sydal: ***1/4
Madison Rayne vs. Su Yung: *1/2
LAX vs. OG'z: ***3/4
Sami Callihan vs. Pentagón Jr: ****1/4
Moose vs. Austin Aries: ***1/4

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 26, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
TNA maybe being good again is something I am not quite comfortable with considering

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

TNA maybe being good again is something I am not quite comfortable with considering

The post PPV tapings have been very drab.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I’ll never not remember what “impact” means in a medical setting and reflect on how apt it is as a name for the company

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

The post PPV tapings have been very drab.

So, they just had a great PPV that gave people hope they'd finally start to do things right, only to piss all the goodwill away immediately with a bunch of lovely tapings.

TNA. TNA never changes.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I can accept that whatever TNA is called now may still have good matches now and then, but their old habits are never going to die.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Germansimp posted:

So, they just had a great PPV that gave people hope they'd finally start to do things right, only to piss all the goodwill away immediately with a bunch of lovely tapings.

TNA. TNA never changes.

Not lovely so much as completely unmemorable

Which...is still an improvement because old TNA would have had a bunch of memorable lovely stuff like "Daniels randomly gets fired again and again he doesn't know until he opens a Feast or Fired briefcase" or "6 title changes in a week of tapings, and half of those changes were one belt", but yeah, still not what you'd want after immediately getting positive buzz

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

How did Eddie get a three-star match out of Tommy Dreamer?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I’m going to go ahead and say “spots”

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
It was a pretty intense brawl, plus Tommy bled a shitload.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

It was a pretty intense brawl, plus Tommy bled a shitload.

Did he also cry? Because during previous stints in TNA he couldn't go longer than 2 shows without crying.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Germansimp posted:

Did he also cry? Because during previous stints in TNA he couldn't go longer than 2 shows without crying.

he was wrestling, not watching

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Germansimp posted:

CTE is a helluva disease

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
We seem to be back to bland TV leading to good PPVs because they're built around who'll have good matches together. So, we spent 15 years getting back to where we were when D'Amore had the book the first time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gaz-L posted:

We seem to be back to bland TV leading to good PPVs because they're built around who'll have good matches together. So, we spent 15 years getting back to where we were when D'Amore had the book the first time.

this is not a bad thing

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Haven't looked at the spoilers, so I went in blind tonight and what I saw was a show that didn't insult my intelligence, had good matches and introduced new story beats. I'm fine with this and will watch next week.

Like, even the filler GWN look-back match was good (MCMG vs Bucks).

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Best new character in Wrestling:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1022644488706187271

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1022646107300614144

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1022645167264854016

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I can't decide what's more cringeworthy: that gimmick or Callis' drooling.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So the gimmick is... the beautiful people

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh god don't lick that mic. if you do, seek medical attention immediately.

ScarBo's cool tho. She's given most of the Chicago-area nerds nosebleeds from just existing so its great she's taking the act nationwide.

e: Swedish Dicks.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The first time I went to a Stardom show I was given a streamer and nobody told me I was supposed to hold the end when I threw it so the whole roll went flying and almost hit Scarlett in the head. That's my Scarlet Bordeaux story.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ve chatted with Scarlett at some ROH shows in the past and she was always a very nice person So I wish her well.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So when does TNA re-hire Vince Russo? Isn't that always their next step?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

this is not a bad thing

Didn't say it was, just noting the oddly circuitous route to get to a point most people already agreed was the best option when it was going on originally.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

grack posted:

Even if they go out of their way not to, he just sort of materializes there, stacks of ideas for Ladies' Pudding-Pit Lingerie Matches and worked-shoot-workshoot clusterfuck storylines in hand

it's part of the curse

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So the gimmick is... the beautiful people

The gimmick is the Stephanie McMahon tweet about philanthropy and it's pretty clever actually.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

grack posted:

you joke but Dixie Carter claims she still keeps an ownership stake in TNA so don't be surprised when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

grack posted:

When Alica Atout is forced to Wrestle.