Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if they actually fixed the cheating and terrible lag during IB, they could turn this game around. i guess this update means they cant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

So I'm trying to run to Detroit and try this thing out. Sounds like goons are not thrilled with it at the moment. I'm in Discord but nobody else is there. If you're on don't kill me.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Okay, now I'm at the spot that looks like Detroit from the OP. Found a big castle that said "Piss Off". How do I ask for a guild invite?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

wazu posted:

Okay, now I'm at the spot that looks like Detroit from the OP. Found a big castle that said "Piss Off". How do I ask for a guild invite?

I doubt anyone still plays.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Fat and Useless posted:

I doubt anyone still plays.

Aw, drat! There is a glorious castle here. Can someone login and pronounce me king?

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

One other note: After 45 minutes of running, some guy ran up to me on horseback and invited me to join his guild. I told him I fight for Goondor.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Might have been Chewy? He's still keeping up the good fight for Goons

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
this game had so much potential man, there are so many games that are almost it out there

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Justin Tyme posted:

Might have been Chewy? He's still keeping up the good fight for Goons

No, he didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about goons. That was the first sign something was wrong.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
drat, I saw this thread and was reading through all the posts. Everything looked great and then the game apparently just died out of nowhere in the last 2-3 pages or so?

What even happened to make things from 100 to 0 so fast? Just ran out of stuff to do?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
A combination of things in no particular order: Easy, rampant cheating. Defenses far too hard to uproot. Post-scarcity is easy to achieve. Skill-loss was minor or non-existent if you weren't constantly killing random people. Some of these may have changed since but that was the reason a lot of us quit and they seemed unable to make the necessary changes to save it.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mount and blade + eve online would have been awesome. An actual mmo sandbox but not built upon fundamentally boring gameplay. Oh well.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rynoto posted:

A combination of things in no particular order: Easy, rampant cheating. Defenses far too hard to uproot. Post-scarcity is easy to achieve. Skill-loss was minor or non-existent if you weren't constantly killing random people. Some of these may have changed since but that was the reason a lot of us quit and they seemed unable to make the necessary changes to save it.

Realistically Goons will drop a game after the first month or two. Very few will stick passed the initial GoonRush unless the game isn't a flaming pile of poo poo. Unfortunately this game falls into that category.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Rynoto posted:

This post sums it up well. Too little open world PvP because of post scarcity environment, risk of cheaters, and lack of overall objective.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Umbreon posted:

drat, I saw this thread and was reading through all the posts. Everything looked great and then the game apparently just died out of nowhere in the last 2-3 pages or so?

What even happened to make things from 100 to 0 so fast? Just ran out of stuff to do?

half of us got banned

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i quit because of how easy it is to cheat and how little targets there were right before i left. did the devs ever try to address cheating? either way, it was a fun game combat wise but too many flaws to keep me interested

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
kinda?

I'm not recommending anyone to play it

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

It's a little better now that they lifted a ton of pvp restrictions; Wessex was completely destroyed, monument and all, last night, and the coalition has been destroying Chinese claims left and right.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I see some guys talking about this game on the Eve online goonfleet forums, guy looking for goons you might want to check with them.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no you dont, and no there arent

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

no you dont, and no there arent

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/225768-life-is-fuedal-mmo-pc/page-5

I mean I'm not gonna buy it anytime soon, but it's worth a shot if you already own it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah the last post is a dude uninstalling because the game is poo poo and the last person asking if it was good was in may, you are incapable of reading

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

yeah the last post is a dude uninstalling because the game is poo poo and the last person asking if it was good was in may, you are incapable of reading

I'd reinstall if there was aught to do.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

You okay dude? All I said was someone still interested might want to reach out to them.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i dont like you and you said wrong things because you cant read, i'm not even being particularly hostile

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

I'd reinstall if there was aught to do.

yeahhhhh unfortunately dead game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeahhhhh unfortunately dead game

:same:

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

I'm normally pretty easy going but feel like you goons hosed me on this one. OP needs to be updated to read nothing but "DEAD GAME, DO NOT BUY!"

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if you read a couple of posts on a forum and just light cash on fire about it, maybe the problem is you

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

wazu posted:

I'm normally pretty easy going but feel like you goons hosed me on this one. OP needs to be updated to read nothing but "DEAD GAME, DO NOT BUY!"

On the plus side, you didn't exchange money for a 6XL shirt with a goon's face on it?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

i dont like you and you said wrong things because you cant read, i'm not even being particularly hostile

I mean, I'll admit it, I missed noting the date on that post, ended up there looking at unseen replies. Just trying to help that dude looking for people.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

wazu posted:

reading the last page of the thread or asking in the discord would have solved this for you. No one plays but we check the discord.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

game dead n gay

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

I'm 100% serious when I say we would have done much better if we let deadtear lead from the getgo, or rebelled when we had the chance.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

you can always let the worker bee goons do their own thing while the rest of the normal people can have fun

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I don't see how there was any issues with leadership considering we lived in post-scarcity in a dreadfort and all our enemies were defeated- like what could have been done better because we all stopped playing because we essentially hit endgame no matter what.

Also, ironically, there might be some action tonight at Detroit during JH around 9 PM CST because we found a big ladder into the base and a bunch of Chinese might be logged out inside :v: alliance has been informed and will come defend if anyone wants to fight.

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really
Yeah, gonna be there for JH incase we have squatters.

One of the big issues early on was that we had a lot of people who just wanted to PVP and they all left because it was such lovely hard work, after we finished all the grind and had all the weapons and armor in abundance ( as well as endless wars ) most of the people who wanted to PVP were gone :v.

Now you can actually dismantle the enemy so they can't harass you forever, but nobody wants to play.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

astropika posted:

One of the big issues early on was that we had a lot of people who just wanted to PVP and they all left because it was such lovely hard work

the pvpers left because the devs killed pvp

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the pvpers left because the devs killed pvp

Well PVP was never very good, mechanically, and then when people tried having pitched battles it turned into a laggy crashfest.

I'm told its a lot less laggy now although I haven't been in a big fight since we were lancing dozens of everstorm infantry at imperium months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

astropika posted:

Well PVP was never very good, mechanically, and then when people tried having pitched battles it turned into a laggy crashfest.

i had a ton of fun pvping, both in the strategy and mechanics of it