Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

you could farm lith relics doing low level earth stuff, then crack them open with PUGs, always take rare rewards, though it'd probably be better to unlock the whole star chart first before trying to turn grinding into plat as your options would open up a lot more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

just yell at Alad V until he coughs up the Zanuka blueprints

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I disagree; all she does is shrink her model and then activate the pre-existing Archwing systems for her 4, Blade Wolf-frame would require something entirely new to be shoehorned in.
I mean, yes?

Hence the "I'm sure it'd be a ton of work" part.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

the orokin were also mad weird about the humanoid form in contradictory ways in the lore so it also makes sense most the warframes are basically just as they are

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Helter Skelter posted:

We already have frames that do partial transformations (exalted weapons). I'm sure it'd be a ton of work, but I think they could do a frame based around some kind of full transformation ability that sidesteps the "oh god how do we make this work with everything else" trap. Titania's already halfway there kinda.

Back when they reworked Oberon, I was secretly hoping that his 4 would be summoning and riding a mystical stag and goring motherfuckers with it. Optionally he would have a lance (exalted ofc).

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I disagree; all she does is shrink her model and then activate the pre-existing Archwing systems for her 4, Blade Wolf-frame would require something entirely new to be shoehorned in.

The shrinkage is built in to archwing, even. Even in normal archwing missions your frame is shrunk, it's really easy to see that if an ayatan star drops because they're loving huge :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A fashionframe horror story in two pictures:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So remind me again, which frames are an absolute pig to get and are therefore good use of a 75% coupon? And why?

A lot of people said Atlas, but I don't mind Jordas really. I don't mind doing the same boss over and over, as long as there's not complicated prerequisites for the fight.

What I really hate are the ones where you *might* get a part from round 4 of defence / extraction / spy (especially loving Lua spy) missions, because I have abysmal luck.

I already have Octavia, Ash Prime and Nekros Prime. I was wondering about how long winded Saryn and Ivara are, since I already hate Kela from sorties and I have trouble matchmaking for the arena levels. If I need to do the Lua spy missions I might buy Ivara outright, and I've heard Harrow is a hell of a grind too.

I also like the sound of Nidus, how bad is he to obtain?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If you can get the points together Kela's super easy, just bring Oberon and one-shot her phases. Ivara's chassis can drop from Lua spy missions, but it can also drop from any mid-level spy mission at a somewhat lower rate so you don't actually need to do Lua if you don't want (it's not so bad if you watch some youtube videos and learn the shortcuts, though).

My vote would be Harrow, because gently caress defection (and also kuva spy). Nidus is comparatively tame, and his deluxe means people might actually be farming him more right now.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Depends a lot on what you hate doing. Harrow is the only frame I bought because Defection is terrible and straight up breaks sometimes. Nidus involves doing Index like 6 times and then still has a tedious grind. Octavia has a better quest but grinding for her parts can suck too. Khora pieces come from onslaught, which isn't bad but the drop rate is stupid low. Equinox took me 31 Tyl Regor kills. Mind numbing but not that much actual time spent. Mesa can be annoying but at least people can share the keys. Some people would say Ivara but I found it to be a pleasant enough grind, plus now I know all the spy missions off by heart.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

. If I need to do the Lua spy missions I might buy Ivara outright

You don't need Lua for Ivara, I believe; it just has a 6% drop chance for one of the components rather than the 4% the regular spy missions give for it. I quite like (non-Lua!) spying so I'm happily farming her without going near the place. The drop chance for each piece is still shittily low though. Still, three down, one to go...

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Pipski posted:

You don't need Lua for Ivara, I believe; it just has a 6% drop chance for one of the components rather than the 4% the regular spy missions give for it. I quite like (non-Lua!) spying so I'm happily farming her without going near the place. The drop chance for each piece is still shittily low though. Still, three down, one to go...

Lua is fine too, once you know all the shortcuts. Probably averages about 4 1/2 minutes per run. Just don't pub it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is the nidus deluxe the ghost arms skin with the brain head?

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Flipswitch posted:

Is the nidus deluxe the ghost arms skin with the brain head?

Yup. And the pet augments too.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Stickman posted:

Lua is fine too, once you know all the shortcuts. Probably averages about 4 1/2 minutes per run. Just don't pub it.
I just looked up that one where you have to hit a bunch of moving blocks without hitting the floor and thought nope.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I just looked up that one where you have to hit a bunch of moving blocks without hitting the floor and thought nope.

This video shows basically all the shortcuts I use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y03yNRpOzpk

For the vault with the wall latches, if you go through it in the present-day derelict map don't worry too much about hitting lasers/getting spotted. The alarm is very generous and if you're decently fast at bullet jumping around you should be able to make it with plenty of time to spare. The worst part is jumping over the laser in the doorway of the shortcut past the simon-says room.

Still waaay too many runs for Ivara, though. I do 5 or 6 runs every time I come back to game, then get annoyed and give up for another year.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 27, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I really like all the spies but I don't do lua often enough to get really good at it

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

I mean, yes?

Hence the "I'm sure it'd be a ton of work" part.

We are also talking about a company that made a music sequencer for a single frame to use with its powers and it otherwise not in anything else. I don't view an exalted ability that changes you into a beast too far off. Animorphs and Altered Beast memes would surge.

The only thing I don't like about the nidus skin is that I can't tell what the hell it is supposed to be. Like it doesn't seem to match his original theme in any way i can see. I mean I think the ghost arms are cool, but like, why crossed ghost arms? What are they representing?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Stickman posted:

I don't like it at all. They're too sprawling and convoluted, it's always the same three rooms, and the puzzle design is just generally lovely compared to the regular spy missions. I can do them, because I've had to learn how, but I don't enjoy it and feel no urge to revisit them without a gun to my head.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the arms on the nidus skin aren't exactly 'ghost' arms

look closer

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus just finished The Sacrifice.

Ballas is a dickhole. :mad:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Broose posted:

We are also talking about a company that made a music sequencer for a single frame to use with its powers and it otherwise not in anything else. I don't view an exalted ability that changes you into a beast too far off. Animorphs and Altered Beast memes would surge.

The only thing I don't like about the nidus skin is that I can't tell what the hell it is supposed to be. Like it doesn't seem to match his original theme in any way i can see. I mean I think the ghost arms are cool, but like, why crossed ghost arms? What are they representing?

I mean, would it really be that much extra work considering there's already a ton of quadruped skeletons and animations in the game? The only thing that makes me be against it is that we already have a melee 4 ability with valkyr and I can't see a beast transformation being that much different, unless all skills change a la equinox.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

nerdz posted:

I mean, would it really be that much extra work considering there's already a ton of quadruped skeletons and animations in the game? The only thing that makes me be against it is that we already have a melee 4 ability with valkyr and I can't see a beast transformation being that much different, unless all skills change a la equinox.

Skeletons and animations may exist but the animations were never designed for smooth and responsive movement player character would need. Just look at dog bots in Index to see how sluggish their movement is.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Helter Skelter posted:

My vote would be Harrow, because gently caress defection (and also kuva spy). Nidus is comparatively tame, and his deluxe means people might actually be farming him more right now.

People are definitely farming Nidus right now, I was able to get him yesterday after a few weeks of beating my head against the wall trying to find a steady group since doing it solo is a bit of a crapshoot with the mission locking if a console eats it.

Also seconding getting Harrow with plat, because holy poo poo.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Corpro or Growing Power?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

raverrn posted:

Corpro or Growing Power?

Never forget your ABCs.

Always Be Corpro-ing

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
They addressed the possibility of non humanoid frames in a prime time stream like half a year ago. Apparently it’s outright impossible with the way the meshes work and would require a full overhaul of the engine and it’s straight up never going to happen. This was also Steve saying this, so expect an insectoid frame to be released in two weeks.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Raptor1033 posted:

They addressed the possibility of non humanoid frames in a prime time stream like half a year ago. Apparently it’s outright impossible with the way the meshes work and would require a full overhaul of the engine and it’s straight up never going to happen. This was also Steve saying this, so expect an insectoid frame to be released in two weeks.

They addressed the possibility of possessing enemies and apparently it is also very difficult. NPCs have about a fraction of the amount of animations that would be required, and you can't just drag and drop animations between entities.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the best way to farm Endo and XP these days? Forma loading my favourite weapons and have lots of mods to max!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

What's the best way to farm Endo and XP these days? Forma loading my favourite weapons and have lots of mods to max!

Best way to level stuff is Normal Onslaught for frames and Elite Onslaught for Weapons.

There's still no great way to farm Endo other than maybe Hieracon.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

motoh posted:

Will there be friend referrals welcome for this? I have one buddy I want to drag along. Also willing and eager to help get the dojo funded.

For sure, yeah. I don’t anticipate hitting 1000 in a week

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011

TheMostFrench posted:

Get a Spear zaw and be Buff Ornstein.
Interesting indea. Aren't the good spear zaw bits the ones that are locked behind Plague Star event though?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pooncha posted:

To effortpost on what each frame needs and does for a Tridolon:

:smaug: Chroma :smaug:

Stats: At least 290% strength (800% Fury bonus on Vex), high duration, some range. No efficiency. This is not an energy-friendly build and you will be using a lot of pizzas.

Example Chroma build:

Arcanes are mostly up to personal preference, though the ones above seem to work the best for me. The lack of an aura polarity slot is due to some dumb time or another where I was asked to slot Dead Eye. Ideally just have a dash polarity in there so you can slot Enemy Radar or Corrosive Projection at need, and replace Augur Secrets with Intensify.

Gun: You need two weapons: Your eidolon-killing gun, and something explosive to damage yourself so you can charge Vex Armor quickly. Whether it's a glaive, a (prisma) Angstrum, or just some throwing stars with Concealed Explosives, it has to be something effective enough to charge quickly despite having a 75% blessing on top of you and without killing yourself.

For your eidolon killer, you want to aim for a Rubico or Lanka (and of those two, Lanka wins in damage hands down without rivens, but Rubico wins in handling). Other guns, like Vectis Prime, can and do work, but it usually means popping limbs in 2-3 hits instead of 1, and their scope bonuses aren't as beneficial as Rubico or Lanka's except at the final phase (and if you made it that far you don't need the help anyway).

Regardless of which gun you use, build for critical, multishot, and radiation/cold damage. If you have a riven, aim for at least 2/3 of: Critical Damage, Multishot, and Critical Chance (in order of priority) and an inconsequential negative stat.

Chroma version:

Non-Chroma version:

Note the lack of Serration for the Chroma version. This is intentional because Chroma's Vex Armor already acts as one big fat Serration, so plopping the mod on top won't give you as fantastic a damage bonus as more multishot or elemental damage. Now if your Power Strength was 200% or below Serration would be worthwhile, but no eidolon-killing Chroma worth their salt is going to do that.

If you don't have a riven, replace the slot with Vigilante Armaments, or Harkonar Scope if you are using a Rubico. Rubico's combo counter duration is pretty quick without it (about 2.5 seconds IIRC). If you're using the non-Chroma version, replace the riven with (primed) Cryo Rounds.

Focus Tree: Unairu, for Unairu Wisp.

Your Job:
- Wrangle one lure to charge and fight the Teralyst with. :siren: Refer to this link for lure locations. :siren:
- Shoot synovias when the eidolon's shields drop. Ideally you want to be ready and aimed at your synovia of choice when the shields drop.
- Summon Unairu Wisps so shields can go down faster. Summon wisps before and after the eidolon screams, and on request. Wisps will spawn and drop roughly in the space between the eidolon's legs, closer to its left leg. Mark wisps if you can.
- Build a combo counter on your rifle by shooting the eidolon every chance you get, since a hit builds the counter even if you do zero damage. The "mating call" phase (or when the eidolon is calling vomvalysts to heal itself) is an ideal time to build a 3.0x or better counter. Find where the Volt has stacked his shields and shoot from there.
- You may also be tasked with beating down the teralyst more or less by yourself or with your Volt buddy, since the other two squaddies are either collecting lures or charging Void Strike.

:angel: Trinity :angel:

Stats: Your prototypical Blessing build. More specifically: Around 150% strength (for maximum Blessing DR), maximum efficiency (you're going to cast Blessing quite a bit and there are virtually no opportunities to use your 2), and duration. You don't need range because Blessing operates off Affinity range.

Example Trinity build:

Arcanes are up to personal preference.

Gun: See Chroma.

Focus Tree: Madurai, for Void Strike. If you're not healing, you're collecting lures, in Void Mode charging that multiplier, or oneshotting eidolon shields.

Your Job:
- Wrangle seven lures while the Chroma grabs one to fight the Teralyst. :siren: Refer to this link for lure locations, and this video for efficient lure collecting. :siren: Return to the group when you have 7 lures or the teralyst is calling for vomvalysts, whichever comes first.
- Keep the lures healed and move them away when eidolons use damaging AoE attacks (such as the Gantulyst's rave beam show), but keep them close enough that they can anchor the eidolon. When in doubt, heal. Better to waste energy than to have to run around the plains trying to find and charge lures because you were too stingy to heal them.
- If you have Void Strike, charge it. Often the Trinity is tasked to bring down the bigger -lyst shields. Usually it's the Hydrolyst but you'll want to communicate with your group on which one you'll be fighting.
- Try to keep the others healed, too.

:catholic: Harrow :catholic:

Stats: 90-100% duration, efficiency. Strength is helpful to more easily get maximum Covenant Retaliation bonuses, but not necessary. The duration is to ensure that if you land in a competent group that can down shields and limbs almost as soon as they're attackable, you won't be caught with your dick in your hand when the eidolon is about to cry again.

(If you are caught with your dick in your hand, jump into the nearest body of water or go into Archwing. Both will remove the Covenant so you can cast again.)

Example Harrow build:

Focus Tree: Madurai, for Void Strike. If you're not casting 4, you're in Void Mode charging that multiplier, or oneshotting eidolon shields.

Your Job:
- Charge your Void Strike.
- Cast Covenant just before the Eidolon emits its "energy spike". The timing on this becomes tighter the lower your duration is, but a good rule of thumb is to listen to the eidolon's "winding up" cry and cast it at the apex. If you're deaf, watch for the eidolon raise its head and the energy pulses go out. You don't actually get the magnetic debuff until the pulses hit you.

:science: Volt :science:

Stats: Maximum duration, high efficiency. Strength is helpful if you use Speed, but not necessarily.

Also, :siren: have a dark energy colour. :siren: Your Chroma will thank you when you're stacking shields on top of each other, because bright colours make the shield all but impossible to see through unless you're squinting through the middle.

Example Volt build:

Focus Tree: Madurai, for Void Strike.

Your Job:
- Volt's shield buffs Amp critical damage, so your task is to throw up shields so that the group can benefit. This is more difficult than it sounds, as proper shield placement makes the difference between a useful Volt and a team member who may as well not be there. You basically want to cover a large surface area about 10-15m from the eidolon while the shields are up, so that you have room to maneuver while still getting the damage bonus. While going further would make people wearing Granmu Prisms happy, Shraksun Scaffolds (who also usually come packing Void Strike) have a very short range so you want to be fairly close to the eidolon to allow those amps to shine, taking into account where it will be going next. This is one example (linked for War Within spoilers).
- When the eidolon is on the ground calling for vomvalyst, stack 6 shields on top of each other angled towards the eidolon. Mark the location with a waypoint so that the Chroma knows where to go and can benefit from the devastation that 6 stacked shields can do.

I probably missed some junk but that should be the basics of Tridoloning.

Can you link this in the OP?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

McKilligan posted:

Orrrr...Dog-shaped robot space-ninja frame? There's no rule saying that all frames have to be humanoid, and there's extensive evidence of quadrupedal infested...Give me the warframe version of Blade Wolf!

Congratulations, you have helped me discover something I didn't even know I wanted.

raverrn posted:

Corpro or Growing Power?

GP is pretty great, esp. if you have a sentinel with the Artax which is basically always proccing cold on enemies. But you will never beat corpro for sheer damage increase.

Flipswitch posted:

Vodyanoi arena with 2 Nekros, 1 Nidus, 1 frame to taste. Everyone bring slash weapons. Convert grineer bits into endo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Best way to level stuff is Normal Onslaught for frames and Elite Onslaught for Weapons.

There's still no great way to farm Endo other than maybe Hieracon.
Sorry I've not played in quite a while, what is Onslaught?

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

You have to kill increasing waves of enemies in a Simaris simulation for prizes while listening to him loudly declare he isn't a sadist. It's under faction missions. It's pretty fun and the prizes are decent, it's also the only way to get Khora outside of plat.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

It's a new mission type that you can start from Simaris or Faction tab.
It's basically the same thing as Survival but on smaller tiles and instead of popping capsules you need to kill enemies faster.

It's also currently the best way to gain XP and Focus now.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Baro's back today:

Primed Target Cracker, Primed Heated Charge are must-buys. Prisma dual cleavers are decently stronk as well. Everything else is optional or bad- unless you don't have Inaros, of course. Get Inaros first.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
To add:
Elite Onslaught is where everything starts at level 80? (60?) and rewards Radiant Relics and if you are super lucky it drops parts for Lato Vandal and Braton Vandal. It is where you go to grind focus now. A MR 25 person can get through his daily amount (375,000) in about 9 waves with a booster if you are with a planned team composition. That's about 20-25 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So I decided I was going to farm up Rhino Prime.

Long story short, I now have Zephyr Prime, Mirage Prime, Banshee Prime, and Nyx Prime. I'm one piece off from Valkyr Prime (the systems is a rare drop from Lith V5), and a few from Hydroid and Limbo Prime.

There was a lot of farming done. A lot. But I have finally gotten Rhino Prime, now I just need to build it. :unsmith: