Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm choosing to believe that we're still going to get a live HOH on the feeds but we have to wait because they expected one more competitor so now they have to bust down a lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm choosing to believe that we're still going to get a live HOH on the feeds but we have to wait because they expected one more competitor so now they have to bust down a lane.

Well if that's the case they should just put the Kaitlin puzzle in her lane for the whole comp :colbert:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I feel like they designed that puzzle to be impossible to fail in the time limit. I bet they tested it with a bunch of random people to make sure. I bet they were gobsmacked when she completely failed. Now production has to get the show extended a week through some other means. Probably some other crazy power/twist that will pause or reset the week. Skipping an eviction seems more likely than another second chance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, they should just put that thing in the house and stick a voice box in it that periodically sobs.

Fessy would spend the entire season having PTSD.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I said something like this in the other thread, but I think the producers tripped over their own feet trying to overproduce the puzzle. I bet the goal was to create a puzzle that ~95% of people could complete in in 2.5 minutes. Instead of choosing "a uniformly medium-easy puzzle" they chose "a puzzle that seems very easy with one single mildly tricky piece in the middle." Both types probably test about the same difficulty, but the latter would theoretically make for better TV because the viewer would have a moment of suspense in the middle.

The problem is that I don't think play-testing accounts for is the pressure of your life in the game being on the line and millions of people watching you on live TV. I think that added pressure makes the type of puzzle that they chose a *lot* harder in reality than it is in play-testing, because of course your first instinct is to completely panic at the one unexpectedly smaller, harder piece. If I were in Kaitlyn's shoes, my thoughts would be "wait I thought this was going to be easy, why is it not obvious how to use this piece? Did I misunderstand something??? I'm stuck, I can't go any further until I put this one stupid piece in! Is this piece supposed to be tricky or am I psyching myself out???? What do I do what do I do gotta keep moving time is running out uhhhhhhh...."

Then again Kaitlyn doesn't really deserve much benefit of the doubt, and I think even factoring in a full minute of panic the puzzle should have still been doable (and she lost largely because she panicked for way longer than a minute).

On the other hand, the Big Brother producers *also* don't deserve much benefit of the doubt that the puzzle was properly play-tested and well thought out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

On the other hand it was a six piece puzzle and she had 2 and a half minutes to do it. The "trick" wasn't that tricky and it was already so simple that our reactions to it were "that's so easy its a joke.

So like... if you're saying they should have just done away with the notion of her winning her way back in and just given her a second life, I agree that's probably a regret they're gonna discuss tomorrow morning. But if we're saying "the puzzle had to be even easier because pressure can make things harder" well... too bad for Kaitlyn. Hundreds of BB players have won live comps with their games on the line. None of them were easier than that one.

BB made a simple puzzle that most players would solve so they could pretend there was some drama and they just had the bad luck of having someone who couldn't. That's on Kaitlyn.

Now if they planned this HOH or any other things without a backup plan for her losing, that's on BB.

Also I think she might have the legs backwards. Not sure. Either way her biggest problem is actually that she didn't pay enough attention to the assembled puzzle to realize the legs have to be spread.

https://twitter.com/GlobalTV/status...662434643832832

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 27, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The “tricky” piece was flat on two sides so it’s not like there was a whole bunch of ways that could’ve fit. She’s just an idiot

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, she has all the pieces together at the end and she's trying to just squeeze them together instead of realizing she just has to move the legs a little.

Kaitlyn's just dumb and cracked under pressure.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

On the other hand it was a six piece puzzle and she had 2 and a half minutes to do it. The "trick" wasn't that tricky and it was already so simple that our reactions to it were "that's so easy its a joke.

So like... if you're saying they should have just done away with the notion of her winning her way back in and just given her a second life, I agree that's probably a regret they're gonna discuss tomorrow morning. But if we're saying "the puzzle had to be even easier because pressure can make things harder" well... too bad for Kaitlyn. Hundreds of BB players have won live comps with their games on the line. None of them were easier than that one.

BB made a simple puzzle that most players would solve so they could pretend there was some drama and they just had the bad luck of having someone who couldn't. That's on Kaitlyn.

Now if they planned this HOH or any other things without a backup plan for her losing, that's on BB.

Also I think she might have the legs backwards. Not sure. Either way her biggest problem is actually that she didn't pay enough attention to the assembled puzzle to realize the legs have to be spread.

https://twitter.com/GlobalTV/status...662434643832832

I guess my point is that we're all assuming the puzzle was supposed to be a formality and the only reason the puzzle even existed was simply a formality to pretend like it wasn't a guarantee and create some artificial suspense. But they implemented the formality in the exact way that it *could* be screwed up by someone panicked.

There's a reason why the Double Eviction veto is usually either "table maze" or "go retrieve the things from the ball pit"; they're not exciting challenges but even if people are panicked it's always possible to brute force in 2 minutes. Those sorts of challenges don't really have any single "panic" moment where you can get stuck like this puzzle did. I'm sort of speculating wildly but I feel like the only reason they didn't use one of those as the "formality" challenge is they got greedy and wanted a more exciting TV moment where there was sort of a hill of suspense in the middle instead of watching her methodically work through it at a uniform brisk pace.

I know the counterargument is "well with the Double Eviction vetos they only need 1 out of 6 stupid people to finish in time instead of all 6" but I still think even Kaitlyn wouldn't have been able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory if they gave her a 2.5 minutes to do a ~1.5 minute table maze.

I guess what I'm saying is Big Brother has put idiot-proof challenges on live TV before so the fact that this one wasn't actually 100% idiot-proof is an indication that either Kaitlyn is a bigger idiot than usual (true) or it's at least partly production's fault (also possibly true).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I think this was as close to idiot proof as exists. There's just nothing 100% idiot proof. I mean... it was 6 pieces and she saw it in finished form. They could have numbered the pieces and it wouldn't have gotten any easier.

Like, the "trick" to that puzzle really wasn't anything more than "pay attention to what it looks like when you take it apart." The blame is entirely on Kaitlyn.

If "clown shoes" was 100% we wouldn't remember it as the iconic moment when Jeff tossed his shoe out and couldn't find it to win.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Bayleigh HOH?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yep, Bayleigh won.

That seems odd. She has three options.

A) Betray FOOTY.
B) Undo the flipping she's been doing with the L5 girls.
C) Brett/Tyler

She's talked like she wants to make that big last move but it seems to undermine her entire last week.

Then again I've never understood Bay's intentions.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Any chance Bay learns that Tyler was behind Swaggy going home? Who else knew besides Kaitlyn?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eltoasto posted:

Any chance Bay learns that Tyler was behind Swaggy going home? Who else knew besides Kaitlyn?

She pretty much knows it already. Tyler didn't hide it very well. Its just a question of whether people think Kaitlyn was the mastermind and Tyler the stooge or Tyler the mastermind and Kaitlyn the stooge. They go back and forth and Bay's been on both sides of that.

A couple of weeks ago she was one of the few people firmly anti Tyler. Last week or so she seemed to soften even as most of her side got there. Right now I don't know where she lies. I mean she was blaming Fessy for Swaggy's eviction at points last week.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Namaste had the right idea, AFTER THE FACT.

She disassembled the figure and threw pieces through the hole haphazardly at first.

She could have easily taken each piece off methodically and put it though the hole and reassembled it on the other side like she almost did but only when she was in "PANIC MODE".
There was plenty of time to complete the task.

Kaitlyn was a loving idiot... in a long lineage of idiots named Kaitlyn on this dumb show.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

If Bay is HOH... can she Power App her own reign?
I'm thinking the answer is "No" but Grodner does loves her drama so ????

Tyler can Cloud at anytime but can Bay nom and then Identity Theft her own noms?
It would be a pretty cool wrinkle in the rules but a bit unfair.

As if fairness was ever a BB thing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tyler's Cloud makes him immune from nomination. Bay's power shouldn't supercede that. "Can't be nominated" is "can't be nominated."

And even if it would it would just be nonsensical for her to waste it to change her own noms. Even if she couldn't get him up she could go for someone else and save the power for the week she can't play in HOH.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rachel calling the comp "kind of a crapshoot." She seems salty. JC says "we needed" that HOH.

Bay talking to Fessy and Rockstar like she's still with them. Nothing clear but if she's planning to backstab them she's not acting like it.

Rockstar/Tyler discussing the lone vote. Rockstar saying Brett but she's not taking it personally. Tyler, "He said he didn't." Rockstar, "He also said I flipped and voted for him." Tyler definitely trying to make clear it wasn't him.

Bay tells Fessy she knows what she wants to do but they'll talk.

Tyler straight to campaigning telling Bay he's in a weird spot and someone tried to frame him with the vote. Bay says he should go find out who it is. Bay says it only makes sense if it was him or Fessy so if it was someone else it was malicious so she'd like to know who it is. Tyler is whining about the "roller coaster" and "this girl". Bay says she knows a lot more than he realizes and what kaitlyn told him and Fessy. "But unfortunately it puts your loyalty in a tough spot." Bay says its a reset week for him and he can figure out what he wants to do. Tyler says he was trying to be a good person and not screw up someone's life but he looks like an idiot. Whining. Bay says Tyler is "awesome and an asset if you're on my team", but if you're not... Bay keeps talking about her own tough times and losing Swaggy. Now they're talking about Kaitlyn. Tyler says whatever she needs him to do this week he'll play ball. Bay says she doesn't want to put him up but she rather him on her team. Bay says she knows Tyler is with Sam and Sam is "her heart" so she's not touching it. Bay wants to know what's going on between Tyler and Scottie. Tyler says they've flowed away since Swaggy left. Bay says Scottie confessed his Swaggy vote to him and its "interesting." Tyler implies Scottie might have been today's vote. Bay says she wants to think Scottie is smarter than that.

Rachel asks Brett how he feels. "Not good." Rachel's worried about Brett/Tyler noms. Brett says he has no personal problems but they don't talk either. Brett's working out hard. He did this after Scottie won and when they lost the POV that week. Apparently its his nervous thing. Rachel says she's gonna push Scottie as a target. Brett lamenting that if they had voted Rockstar out Kaitlyn would have been the target and they wouldn't have drama with the vote. Brett knows people think he was the vote. Brett wonders if she'd put JC up.

Haleigh/Kaycee discussing the vote. Haleigh "knows" it wasn't Fessy. Kaitlyn asked Fessy for a pity vote during the live show and Haleigh told him "Don't you dare" and apparently she and Kaitlyn had a little tiff during the live show. Haleigh fills Kaycee in on the "feelings" stuff.

Bay and Tyler still talking. Its kind of boring and lame that Tyler seems to be getting into the head of another HOH.

JC telling Fessy that Rachel could be the vote. Fessy doesnt think so. JC calls him an idiot who never listens to him. JC has great mist. Fessy says Bay is close to the girls. JC says Brett/Tyler noms would be stupid and they say they should pull Tyler in. JC saying Tyler was crying all day so it wasn't him. JC says Brett and Rachel are the right "big" moves. JC asks if Fessy was the vote and Fessy says he's not that stupid. JC suggests Scottie and Fessy nods in agreement. Rachel shows and they ask her who she thinks flipped. Rachel says not Fessy or Tyler but refuses to give an answer. Rachel says its someone who knows the game (Scottie). They laugh about their mean goodbye messages to Kaitlyn. Rachel and Fessy think Kaitlyn got a bad reaction. No Rachel thinks Kaitlyn overreacted to Swaggy. NOW. They leave feeds as Fessy tells Rachel that Kaitlyn slapped him so maybe Kaitlyn is now fish worthy.

Haleigh: poo poo you might put me up. I don't think you will.
Bayleigh: Haleigh, shut up. If your little rear end ever put me up I would jump over that table in the middle of the ceremony and kick your... someone would have to hold me back.

Bay and Haleigh give Rockstar poo poo for how mopey she was last week. Bay, "We tried to be supportive... but it was hard." Haleigh says she "can breath" with Kaitlyn gone. Haleigh also thinks the crowd gave her a bad reaction. They discuss the "feelings" stuff. Bay again saying the boyfriend was fake. Haleigh, "If she did have a Joe, she don't no mo'." Goodbye feeds.

There's a lot of house talk about Kaitlyn telling Tyler and Fessy she has feelings for them and "soulmates" so there's a lot of feed jumping. This wasn't off limits last night but I guess now that Kaitlyn is out of the game they're protecting her.

Brett telling Sam he hasn't talked game with Bay since he was on the block and looking for a vote. Whoopsie. Sam asks if Brett's ok with "what happened today." Of course Brett is. Sam says it was "awful" but probably the best HOH week she could have had.

Bay made it seem to Rockstar and Haleigh like she was putting up guys, but there was also talk of how Angela immediately started going "girls alliance" after HOH but they know its bullshit.

Sam thinks people are acting weird. Fessy says he embarrassed himself in the HOH.
Fessy: My strategy was...
Sam: That's where you're messing up.

Fess describes the HOH but it doesn't sound familiar. Wheels and cranks and luck and numbers. Fes says Bay did so good she just won outright.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JC and Rachel. Neither know where Bay's at. Rachel thinks she's good with her. Rachel saying that HOH is a crapshoot which is why you constantly have to cultivate relationships. Hey, Rachel understands Big Brother! JC doesn't and is complaining that there's too many lucky comps. The please of a side that can't win a competition to save their lives. JC presents his plan for the week.

Rachel: I don't understand anything you just said.

JC says to convince Bay not to get bloody. Rachel says she wants a strong male out. JC thinks it might be Brett and Rachel agrees. Rachel can't think of any girls she'd put up. Rachel is perpetually stirring a protein shake loudly. Like... all the time. I'm not sure she eats solids. Rachel thinks she might put up Fessy because he used the POV. Rachel is worried she thinks there are sides. Imagine that. Rachel says there are people she could put up without pissing people off. Rachel, "The only thing is I'm going to have to open my mouth." Oh, JC is pushing Rockstar. That's new. JC says she won't put up Scottie because he was on Swaggy's team. Rachel doesn't like that and says he voted against Swaggy. Rachel doesn't want to push targets and risk her game. JC ranting about the comp. These two are real salty that their side can't win poo poo. Rachel loses track of all the blindsides and thinks JC might be in trouble for voting out on Swaggy. JC thinks about it and is pretty sure he was honest about that one. Rachel complaining that they should have got rid of Rockstar and Kaitlyn would be her target. JC says they can't know that. Rachel makes herself feel better by making fun of Fessy for being "dumb" about the game.

Fessy is telling Brett about SoulmateGate.

Angela is with Rachel and JC and they mock Fessy some more. Angela thinks they should pin the rogue vote on someone and push for them to go up. Rachel says Scottie and says he told the Bros he flipped on Swaggy. Now she's doing mocking impersonations of Scottie. Angela says they have to convince Bay how dangerous Scottie is. Rachel says she's gonna press that he's a massive threat. JC thinks they have a better chance of getting Rockstar up. Angela says Scottie/Rockstar noms. Angela says she can't push Scottie because of some reason. Angela thinks Scottie's acting weird. Scottie acting weird? Never. JC says its important they don't talk about "sides". Angela wants he to realize the numbers by herself and whose been voting together. Uhh... Angela? Bay's always voting with the other side. Angela thinks she might have a leftover target from Swaggy. They don't think Bay was ever part of Swaggy's crew. Think about that. Now Angela doesn't want to throw out names. Now they're complaining about the comp and not having control. Poor BB players.

Haleigh is telling Rockstar about the Rachel/Fessy talk from last night and SoulmateGate and nasty goodbye messages. Haleigh would like Sam to go this week because she thinks she'd nominate them again, but doesn't think Bay will do that. Haleigh says she feels like she can hang out with Fessy and Tyler now without Kaitlyn looming over. But Haleigh really doesn't like Sam. That whole slut shaming stuff.

Angela also notes that it feels like there's a cloud gone from the house. Rachel does an impersonation. They're doing a round of mockery and roasting of Kaitlyn. They're really digging into her reputation and boyfriend and business. Angela says they did everything in their power to help Kaitlyn and stop her from behaving badly. Sure, that whole backstabbing her people thing you pushed for wasn't the start of everything.

Tyler downloads his talk to Kaycee. Tyler says she "knows I'm a free agent" and Kaycee thinks they're good. Kaycee thinks it might be one of their side but not two. Kaycee brings up Scottie's Swaggy vote and Tyler gets confused about who flipped what week. Kaycee says she doesn't like Fessy but he's not going this week. Tyler thinks they could get Scottie backdoored. Tyler says Sam loves Scottie so they have to be careful with her.

Kaycee: Its funny. We haven't really been winning but its working to our benefit.
Tyler: Hopefully.

Rachel joins Kaycee and discuss pushing Scottie as the target. Rachel says Kaycee is the perfect person to push for it. She just doesn't want it to be Brett and Tyler. Kaycee doesn't want to push too hard but she'll plant seeds. L5 once again planning to all uniformly push the same target with the same talking points because it worked so well last time and it didn't make it obvious.

Fess, JC, Rachel, Angela, and Brett roasting Kaitlyn. I'm listening to game and I'm largely over Kaitlyn.

Kaycee throwing shade on Scottie to Sam about the rogue votes. Sam thought it was Rachel. Kaycee pushing HARD that it was Scottie and he's sketchy. Tyler backing it up and implying Scottie wanted to frame him. Sam wonders if Haleigh might have done it. Kaycee doesn't think so. Tyler tells Sam Scottie voting Swaggy out wearing his shirt. Tyler's trying to explain some convoluted lie coverup with Kaitlyn and Haleigh that's confusing. They're pushing Scottie is being sketchy but Sam dismisses it as everyone being freaked out by the Bonus Life. Sam says all the "conspiracy theories" just add to the stress but Tyler keeps pushing. Sam says Scottie hangs out with whoever is going home each week. That's a theory she told him a couple of weeks ago but it doesn't exactly hold up with Winston and Kaitlyn. Kaycee says she doesn't trust Scottie and Sam agrees. Kaycee is 100% positive Scottie set up Tyler and it pisses her off. Kaycee and Tyler keep pushing and pushing and Sam is getting a little unwelcoming to it. She says she's not gonna accuse someone or change her behavior towards them over speculation without evidence.

Kaycee and Tyler pat themselves on the back for misting Sam but don't want to push too hard. That wasn't hard? Kaycee hopes Bay does one-on-ones. Tyler thinks she'll tell her if she's thinking of Tyler. Kaycee says she'll have a "sushi date" with Bay. She's going to push that Tyler is a "free agent."

Bay's HOH Room time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bay says she'll do one on ones so everyone has a chance to be heard. "We've had some nice HOHs but I'm not one of them." She says her room isn't locked but its not an open house either. "I'm not that scary."

Sam goes to get some plates and cups for Bay's stuff.
Sam: I finally make a friend and everyone's gonna take her.

Bay's music is Cardi B and they won't stop singing.

One on One times.

Haleigh
Haleigh respects Bay's HOH and will back her. "I'm here as a confidante and a counsel." "If you're not with us, you're against us." Bay agrees. Haleigh says she's personally worried about Sam. She's worried about 2 guys will "out" the girls since Scottie was saying he doesn't think she'll put up girls. Haleigh says they got rid of the problem (Kaitlyn) so now they can talk. Bay says she doesn't want to "out" the girl thing either but the only two threats she sees are guys - Brett and JC. Bay says Tyler isn't off her radar but Scottie is "shady" and brings up the Swaggy vote. They both think Scottie did today's vote too. Haleigh says she could backdoor Scottie if she wants to. Bay says that's the plan. Bay doesn't want to "kick Tyler when he's down". Fessy shows up and Haleigh kicks him out so it doesn't look suspicious. Haleigh says she'll go farther with Bay than with Fessy but he's an asset. Haleigh says she doesn't want to be associated with Rockstar anymore and thinks she could have done the Brett thing. Haleigh calls Sam "ignorant" and says she rubs her the wrong way. Bay loves Sam but says what Haleigh said was wrong but she was trying to say she has an advantage because she's young and pretty. Bay says Scottie, Fessy, Brett, and Tyler all love her. Bay's basically defending Sam and everything she said about Haleigh and Haleigh kind of changes the subject. Bay wants a side alliance with the two of them and Kaycee, Rachel, and Angela, even though Bay doesn't totally trust Angela and Rachel. Haleigh asks if she should stop "loving with the guys." Bay says only Sam thinks its a problem and suggests she work on Tyler now that Kaitlyn's gone. Bay is completely misted on Tyler and thinks Kaitlyn dominated him and he deserves a new chance. Haleigh says he deserves a chance "but not trust". They say the most important thing is that one of the other side's numbers go home. So why is Scottie an option? They decide their top 5 is Fessy, Angela, and Rachel. The gently caress. Bay loves Haleigh and is with her until the day they die.

Rachel has finally put on a shirt to impersonate Kaitlyn. Its off now.

Angela
Kaitlyn blah blah. Bay says people only targeted Angela because they're insecure. Angela says she gave her word to Bay in Day 2 and means it. Suuuure. Bay says she's not going up and they were just pulled away from each other by the sides. Angela thinks they're the same person (HA!) they would have been "inseparable" if it hadn't happened. They're both strong, secure women and great friends. Swaggy blah blah. Angela says its a blessing in disguise they aren't close because they can work together now. Bay names them Amazon Alliance. Bay says she doesn't know who she's gonna put up but she wants to stick to the all girl alliance. Angela says the all girl alliance is "genius" and she'll always vote to keep a girl over a guy. Bay wants to be the first black person to make F2. Heathen. They're talking about how beautiful and awesome they are but they don't need the attention because they're so awesome and secure and everyone would hate them if they acted like the other girls and they draw all the attention and people always expect them to be stuck up but they're not. Bay loves Angela and is with her till the day they die.

Haleigh pointing out that the Bonus Life was a 6 piece puzzle and they fully expected Kaitlyn to come back in the house.

Fessy
Bay gloats she got HOH before him and hugs him. Fessy is glad they don't have to use the Power App. Fes says he threw HOH once he saw Bay had it. Fessy agrees Scottie flipped. Bay says she might use Scottie as a replacement nom. Fessy says Scottie might have done it to set Tyler up so he's a number in their favor so they shouldn't send him home. Bay agrees they shouldn't send him home. "He's evil but he's evil in our favor." Fess asks if Tyler is going up, Bay says he's a free agent, and Fess is saying he's good with everyone. Bay says he can take him out if he wins HOH. They want Brett gone this week. Bay thinks the only girl she can put up is Rachel but she'd "lose it." They debate JC and his game. Fessy wants to keep him safe but Bay is clearly seeing him as a pawn option. Fessy implying Angela but not outright saying it. Fessy says he hopes Bay is prepared because Brett is going to fight hard and feed her a lot of poo poo. Bay, "I'm not that girl." Bay says she might put Rachel up as a pawn and if JC doesn't make her happy she might throw him up as a replacement. They go back to Scottie and Bay says she wants to talk to him and see if he comes clean on this vote (which he of course didn't do). Bay says Scottie's terrified of her because of the Swaggy vote. Fessy says they should look past it for now because its against the other side. Bay says he had a F3 with Tyler and Sam. Bay says she can't go after the girls but everyone else can. Fessy says the 3 girls have floated for 37 days without winning anything or seeing the block. Fessy says JC is everywhere and that will catch up to him the way it did with Kaitlyn, but he's someone they can use now. Bay seems sold. Fessy did a shocking good job of deflecting away from Scottie and making the case for Rachel as a pawn. Swaggy blah blah. Kaitlyn blah blah. Fessy pushing the sides and how Kaitlyn did their business for them and they've been able to sit back and let them destroy themselves. He's doing a good job pushing that one of them has to go home. Bay says they still have to watch Scottie and JC. Fessy has seemed to convince her to leave Scottie off the block. For now.

So late...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brett's freaking out with L5 because he knows he's screwed.

Rockstar
Brett is going up and she just needs to figure out the pawn. Rockstar says initially she wanted Brett/Tyler but now he's "a wounded bird." RS says she originally thought he was devious but now she doesn't. Bay thinks it was Kaitlyn. Bay, "I think Tyler is a genuine sweet baby." Bay calls Scottie evil but as long as he's on their side its ok. Bay says she's leaning towards Rachel and JC and says JC's been talking a lot of poo poo about Rockstar. Bay says Rockstar has this week off but she needs her watching people "because what I observed this week was actually alarming." Bay says its them, Haleigh, and Fessy. "If Swaggy comes back..." If Swaggy has a "new ho" she will find her and hurt her. Bay seems set on Brett/JC now with Rachel as a backup. Bay isn't touching Sam. "She's my life, my love, my little sweetheart" but she can't get near F2. Bay's reading her letter now. She has no respect for moving this along. She's chugging power drinks. Bay is dreading her talk with Brett. Bay thinks Tyler has a power. DING.

Angela is downloading her talk to L5. She thinks they got this and Tyler is trying to wise her up. He thinks its him, Brett, and JC. Naturally L5 think that's stupid and "no strategy" as it always is when you don't do what they want.

Rachel asks Fessy what the deal is. Fessy says she loves the girls so they probably won't go up. Fessy advises her to push that she's not loyal to the other side. Rachel asks if Bay is going to take into consideration the wonky vote. Fessy says he doesn't think she minds it too much since it wasn't against her or meaningful. Rachel thinks Brett is going up and Fessy thinks maybe but the other person is a wild card. Fessy is doing a great job playing dumb and I'd mock him if he hadn't JUST done such a good job with Bay. Rachel's gonna mock him later.

Rachel: I'm so loving tired.
You and me both.

Sam asks Bay if she can go to bed and talk to her tomorrow morning. Bay's happy with that.

JC - Oh god.
JC says he thinks they're on the same page but Bay says she doesn't want him to be a target but she doesn't know where his head is at and wants to know if they can move forward together. JC says that was always the plan to stick with "you guys" and the votes and blah blah. Bay wants to know who JC is loyal to. JC says he thought he could work with Sam but not after her noms. Bay keeps pushing for straight answers and mentions using him as a pawn. JC saying he flipped the other side to vote out Kaitlyn but Fessy is taking credit. Bay says JC has to pick a side. JC says he did this week. Sides blah blah. JC saying he's never mentioned her. Bay says she has no enemies which makes HOH hard. JC rambling. Bay says he has to promise he has her back. JC insists he always has. Rockstar blah blah. Bay says she can't do Rockstar. JC mentions Tyler? Is he a target? I really don't know what JC is saying. JC, "I don't want you to put up Fessy." Bay, "Of course not!" JC suggests Angela and Tyler as people they can work with. Bay agrees. JC trashing Fessy again and Bay says he's dumb but her brother. JC targets Scottie. Powers blah blah. I don't know, this is a JC talk. Its everywhere and nowhere. JC says he's down to work with her and Fessy but not Rockstar. Bay saying Tyler talked about putting her up as a pawn so she knows what its like to ask that. She's dancing around it because JC won't stop rambling. Bay doesn't want any more flipping and lying. JC's good with them, Haleigh, Fessy, and Tyler. JC says he'll always pick Bay over Fessy and talks more about how stupid he is. "No sides."

Rachel is freaking out to Kaycee. She's sick of them not winning. Kaycee says they'll win when they need to. Rachel's annoyed that Angela didn't do poo poo about the alliance in her one on one. Kaycee thinks Brett/JC are going up. Wow, good job.

Scottie: With every passing moment I realize tomorrow is going to suck more and more. And I can't scream at JC because I'll wake everyone up.

Fessy and Tyler chatting. Fessy asks where Tyler sees the future. Tyler says he's got him. Fessy says he doesn't want to see more guys go.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rachel
Bay's got like her 6th personality of the night and is now a valley girl. Bay tells Rachel Brett is going up and she can't tell. Then she scolds Rachel for some random nonsense. Bay says there are sides in the house and she's trying to figure out loyalties and lines. She says if you're going to pick others over her there's no point in her protecting you. Rachel says she wants to work with her going forward. Bay says its come up that the three girls have been safe all game and that Scottie is on her radar. They both think Scottie flipped the vote but she rather backdoor him then put him up with Brett. Bay wants a pawn, but doesn't want a pawn "because pawns go home", so wants a pawn that's secure. Not Tyler. Bay says she was considering JC but she's worried JC "talks to everyone and I don't want my name in his mouth." Rachel encourages Brett/Scottie noms but Bay says she can't make enemies of both and Brett has to go because he'll always be loyal to Rachel's crew. Rachel disagrees and says she'd vote Brett out if he was on the block with Bay. Bay, "Would you?" Rachel says "there's no loyalty" when it comes to the game. That's not a great line. Rachel puts her hand on the Bible. "I don't want to be put up as a pawn." Rachel is flustered and trying to think of a new option.

Rachel: What's your relationship with Sam?
Bay: So good. SO good.
Rachel: Oh.
Bay: She just told me she was going to get a tattoo of a sunflower and put my name in it.
Rachel: drat.

Rachel asks if she really thinks JC would come after her. Bay says if Rachel is completely uncomfortable going up she'll put JC up but if she does JC will be all over her rear end and Rachel needs to have her back fully. Rachel suggests Angela! Bay doesn't want to do that because she's loyal and a threat. Rachel suggests Rockstar and Bay says she can't do that. Rachel asks if Bay has the W3 Power App and Bay says no. Rachel says it scares her. Rachel claims JC told her he has the second power but its expired. I have no idea where that came from. Bay says JC said he didn't. Bay thinks Tyler might have it. DING. Rachel suggests Scottie again. Bay says Scottie is shady but he's not a threat to her. Rachel says if they're going to work together Scottie has to go. "He terrifies me."

JC talking to Fessy. JC picked up on Bay suggesting him going up as a pawn and he doesn't like it. JC doing his thing. Fessy saying he vouched for him and fought for him. He did. JC calls Fessy dumb. Fessy says to stop calling him dumb.

Scottie
Bay says the entire house thinks Scottie was the flipped vote. Scottie says it wasn't him and thinks its Rachel. He doesn't think it was to set up Tyler. Bay says if she finds out Scottie flipped and didn't tell her she'll rip his insides out. Bay ask where he stands with Tyler and Sam. Scottie says they're not really talking at all anymore. Scottie says Tyler, JC, and Sam seem like her options (after Brett). Bay says JC will freak out. Scottie, "Yep." Bay, "Why would you guys put me in this terrible position?" Scottie says next week she'll have the four of them and the girls. Bay talks about Rachel and Scottie says Bay can't be the one to take a shot at the girls. That was good. Bay talks it out and seems to settle on JC. She says Scottie can turn on whoever he wants but not her. Scottie promises he's sticking with the four of them. Scottie promises he isn't talking to Tyler and Sam at all anymore and he didn't do the vote. He says there would be no reason for him to do it like he had a reason last time. Bay agrees it would be dumb. Scottie says he's told her everything he's done in the game and hasn't told anyone outside their group. Bay asks about Kaycee but Scottie says he doesn't tell her stuff. Bay has Scottie swear on the Bible that he won't flip on their people. He adds a swear that he voted Kaitlyn out.

Bayleigh: Ok, meeting adjourned. Get your evil rear end out of here. Go annoy someone else.

Rachel freaking out to Kaycee and downloads her conversation and that its Brett/pawn. Rachel stupidly read into that that JC is Bay's real target over Brett. Huh? Rachel asks if Bay would be ok if she convinces her to put Scottie up as a pawn and then vote him out. Kaycee doesn't answer because that's stupid. Rachel says Kaycee can't tell anyone any of this because "she scares the poo poo out of of me."

Brett!
Brett says they haven't talked much game, "I don't know if that's good or bad." Bay says she won HOH for fun and didn't think it out. She wants whoever she put up to play and not want to kill her and not hate her. She's heavily playing dumb. Bay says there were clear sides, she had to flip, Swaggy, not in his alliance, blah blah. Brett bullshits that he's in the same spot because he lost Winston and they could go far together. Bay says she thinks Brett has lots of people because lots of people said he was talking to them for votes and "promising the world to everyone." Brett says people are just throwing his name around because he's an easy target and if she puts him up she's doing everyone else's dirty work. Brett does his whole "Swaggy caused the split" thing and Bay cuts it off and brings up the Bros/Swaggy/Fessy non-alliance from W1. Brett's got a really lame "I'm alone" pitch here that just isn't plausible. He doesn't put up much of a fight and says he'll respect what she decides. Bay's happy to get out of it easy.

Fessy working hard with Scottie now. Scottie annoyed that he's been targeted as the vote. Fessy doesn't tell him that he's the backup target but makes itc lear they need to come up with a backup target if Brett wins POV. Scottie says he swore he'd go after the the girls next week. Fessy says thta's tough since he's cool with them. Scottie, "I'm cool with everyone."

Kaycee
Hugs, giddy. Bay's 7th personality of the night. Bay says she doesn't know who she's putting up. Kaycee asks who she feels threatened by and Bay says no one but JC a little and Brett "kinda but not really". She says she was threatened by Tyler "for a second" but not after he cried to her. She trusts Tyler. She reveals the reason she trusts Tyler, because he told Kaitlyn that she was the only one of her friends who was telling the truth to her about keeping her. That's why she trusts him because she's misinterpreted that. Kaycee pushes Scottie. Bay says Scottie denied being the flipped vote and he thinks its Rachel. Bay says Scottie a sneaky genius but isn't after her so he's just a backup plan. Kaycee says that's smart but keeps pushing the vote and how much it pisses her off. Bay skips past it and to JC freaking out if he goes on the block. Kaycee says he goes nuts anyway. Bay says she was thinking Rachel but she freaked out. Bay says everyone's saying the 3 girls are skating by. Kaycee, "That's cute. Who the hell is saying that?!" Bay says she can't deal with Rachel panicking all week. Kaycee says she has people who can win for her and people who can just talk. The people who have never won are the ones who can win? Bay dismisses this and says they ARE connected. Kaycee goes to bat for Rachel and says she can be a good asset for them. Bay says she needs to know the 3 girls won't flip on her. Kaycee says they're the top of the all girl alliance. Again. Won nothing. Bay says the house will go nuts if she nominates JC and if she does it it establishes complete trust for the four girls. KC says she'll keep Rachel in check. Bay says people said Rachel was acting weird when she won HOH. KC says Rachel gets upset every time and can't control her emotions. KC says Rachel needs to "get off Brett's rear end." Bay, "Why does she even like him?" Bay asks if JC would go home against Brett. KC pushes that Brett is more level headed so wouldn't come after her like JC does. "He has bigger fish to fry." Bay telling KC the group JC suggested to her. KC back on Scottie. Bay still on "sneaky but not against me right now." KC keeps pushing that backdooring him would be the best option. Bay says people are going to look at her funny if she leaves "you four" intact and Kaycee plays dumb. KC asks who Bay wants out and she says JC but she doesn't want Brett staying and coming at her. Bay says getting Brett out would make the house better. "I know ya'll think he's funny, but he's annoying." Fessy shows up briefly and Bay says its going to be tough to sell him on getting JC out. KC seems to have successfully convinced Bay to target JC and tell Brett he's the pawn.

Fessy II
Fessy says the only people he thinks will put him up are Angela and Kaycee so he'd like it if she could talk to them about him this week. Bay says Kaycee knows Fes is her guy but she doesn't know how to approach Angela. She suggest Fessy talk more to them. Bay says "they're about to lose Brett" so maybe her target hasn't shifted? Bay says she hasn't decided between Rachel and JC. Fessy thinks they can get JC if she doesn't put him up but Rachel will stay with the girls. Bay thinks putting up Rachel might lose her trust with Kaycee and Angela and that JC isn't as valuable to her as he is to Fessy. Fessy says he's not trying to push her but Bay says its ok because she's stuck. Bay says Rachel approached her and Swaggy before he left about working together and JC has never come straight to her. Bay saying she can't beat JC in the end but she can beat Rachel. I'm not sure what that has to do with pawns. Fessy says everyone will use JC as a pawn and he's not making it to the end of the game. Bay asks why she can't use him as a pawn and Fessy says because if he goes home its a wasted week. Fessy wonders who Rachel would nom and Bay says Rockstar/Scottie and she's still undecided on Scottie. Bay tells Fes what Brett said. Fessy says Brett is bad for her game and Bay says she knows that so he can shut up. Bay mentions JC talking his way off the block last week.

Fessy repeats his believe that "a loyal JC" is more valuable than Rachel since she's with the girls. Bay's pissed off JC was bossy to her. Fessy, "That's his idiot self." Fessy says they can pull in Tyler with JC. Bay says Tyler doesn't trust Haleigh because "of all the stuff she did to Kaitlyn." Bay says Tyler and Kaycee are close too. Bay says Fessy is the only one advocating for JC and everyone else is telling her to put him up. Fessy fails to point out why that is an argument for JC. Bay confirms that if Brett comes down she rather put up Scottie than Rachel. Bay says her gut is telling her to put up JC so if she doesn't he's responsible for keeping him in check. Bay is still mad at Fessy for not believing them about Kaitlyn but Fessy says JC "helped with that." Bay says putting up JC is better for her but putting up Rachel is better "for us". Fessy says he's fine with JC going up as long as Brett goes home. Fessy has deduced that Bay is eying JC as a target. Bay, "Swaggy hated JC and I agree. JC is annoying and offensive and weird." Jesus. Bay says if she keeps JC off the block its for him. Fessy says he's fine with JC but he's not fine with JC going home over a number from that side. Fessy doesn't want to do this for him, she wants her to do it if she sees his point. Bay says she does but JC is so annoying she wants him out. Fessy says Rockstar is annoying too but you deal with it.

Bay says Rachel has been loyal to her and Fessy says she's voted against her every week. Bay says Rachel talked to her all week about the votes (because she was trying to flip you, dummie). Bay says Rachel told her she has a crush on Brett so she'd look evil putting them up. Fessy says that's a game move. Fessy says JC's voted with them for 2 weeks (ha) so he's getting comfortable on their side and if he goes it leaves their side intact. Bay says it blows her cover to go for them because she's been playing the middle. Maybe you shouldn't have won HOH? Bay says he's made good points. Fessy says if Bay does this for JC he'll owe her. "I don't want to be close to JC." Lord. Fessy says if she's worried about picking sides its "9 against 3." I'm not sure how that math works but the idea is right.

Bay seems to be back to Brett/Rachel now. Fessy is the only thing keeping that on track. Scottie comes up again and Bay says since Scottie put up the Bros she knows he can't flip to them. What the hell, Bay? Bay tells Fessy she still hasn't got it. Bay thinks she has a little Swaggy in the oven.

Fessy randomly complains that Haleigh needs to "ride for their team" instead of just looking out for herself. He asks what happens when someone else wins HOH? This is a fair and accurate criticism. Bay says Fessy has to talk to her. That could go bad but it needs to happen. Specifically Fessy has to get Haleigh with him pressuring Bay to keep this HOH on getting rid of a number from the other side and not going after JC or especially Scottie.

My alarm goes off in 20 minutes.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
STAC pulling an all nighter so I can both sleep and know what's going on when I wake up, good man!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Yes, thanks STAC.

Fessy seems to be playing better now that Kaitlyn is gone? Some legitimate hope for him to make it far finally?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The show made it seem like he didn't talk much with Kaitlyn after using the veto but he had like, 10 conversations that all lasted about an hour each with her so I imagine he has a lot more time to talk with other people in the house now.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
It's been over 12 hours and I can't stop giggling about Kaitlyn not being able to do that puzzle. Great season made even greater by her incompetence.

Also, can we talk about her over the top fake crying when she "found out" about the twist that she already knew about? Then, once she was officially out, you know...the one time that actually may have warranted crying, she didn't cry. She's a true sociopath.

I need live feeds of her post-BB life to watch her mental breakdown as she sees what the world thinks of her "performance".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WHO NEEDS SLEEP?!?!?!?!?!

Boy, my crash today is gonna be something.

I think the biggest thing working in Fessy's favor is he doesn't have a big head about his game when nearly everyone else in that house does. Fessy's very self aware about his chances. He's constantly saying he's not gonna win the game, he's gonna win a bunch of comps, get backdoored, and go to Jury. He's very chill with that. The result is he doesn't really over reach or try and mastermind anything. He's just in the here and now and that can give you an edge over people who are overthinking everything.

And while he doesn't know the game and strategy he's not as dumb as he seemed. He gets the very simple stuff that people overthink. Numbers, loyalty, trust. He gets that you don't put someone on the block you're not ok with going home. He gets that if they've been losing votes all season you gotta get rid of one of the votes on the other side. Bay's getting bogged down in trying to play the middle and build parachutes and who she'll face at F2 and her personal pride and feelings. Fessy's just "get out one of their numbers so we don't keep getting picked off." Its simple and its right at this stage of the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah they really need to balance things out. They just took out Kaitlyn so that's one less number for that other side to try and influence anyway, JC can wait.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm not sure if I should hate Sam. On one hand she got rid of Kaitlyn and makes crazy food/crafts, on the other she's a bootstrapper and went in on calling people anti-feminist for flirting with guys.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Nerds online think Fessy is dumb because he always talks about how he has no idea what happened after each vote but the nerds don't realize that that's 10x smarter than "oh I know what happened, it was [thing that didn't happen]" which is what the rest of his alliance always says.

ETA: Just to be clear, Fessy *is* dumb, just in a way that's actually less harmful than the different kind of overconfident dopiness the rest of his alliance has.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

mancalamania posted:

Nerds online think Fessy is dumb because he always talks about how he has no idea what happened after each vote but the nerds don't realize that that's 10x smarter than "oh I know what happened, it was [thing that didn't happen]" which is what the rest of his alliance always says.

ETA: Just to be clear, Fessy *is* dumb, just in a way that's actually less harmful than the different kind of overconfident dopiness the rest of his alliance has.

It's kind of a nerd thing to just aggressively be against any kind of uncertainty. Nerds lose their poo poo over uncertainty, I guess, because they pride themselves on being "smart" and being "smart" means "knowing things." Hell I've seen it happen on this website even.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Bayleigh just told Rachel her power... :psyduck:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Why do they think Scottie’s some evil mastermind

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Too much Steve and Ian on their minds I think. That's the character so he has to be it too.

Rachel and Brett on the block.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, Bay told Rachel her power AND put her on the block?

Supposedly Rachel is friends with BB17 Jackie so there's a feedster theory that Jackie was all traumatized by Steve and grilled Rachel to watch the nerd. And Scottie did screw up with that hinky vote. But mostly, yeah, it's probably just that after Ian and Steve there's some players who always see the nerd as the biggest threat.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jul 28, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fessy had a big fight with Haleigh and Bayleigh over how hard he was pushing for JC to stay off the block. Haleigh questioned if Fessy was more loyal to JC than them which pissed Fessy off after last week's POV. He then said something along the lines that Haleigh just went to bed last night and doesn't seem to care about anything beyond her safety.

Everyone then crashed and went to bed. Bay ran into JC who made it clear that Fessy was trying to convince him he was the one who kept him off the block. Bay woke up Fessy to yell at him for telling JC she was considering putting JC up and was taking credit for her HOH. Fessy apologized and said he just got carried away and then Bay tried to clean up the fight with Haleigh.

Bay then basically ordered Haleigh to talk to Fessy. Haleigh apologized for questioning him and Fessy expressed his frustration that he has to keep proving his loyalty. They argued a bunch over their different game styles, Haleigh's paranoia, and Fessy's game blind spots. Fessy keeps bringing up the POV as proof that he is loyal and Haleigh then keeps getting mad because she thinks Fessy is holding it over her. Then Fessy mentioned that he was complaining in DR so Haleigh got all mad that he was "talking poo poo" about her in DR. Fessy basically said they need to communicate more and check in every day so they don't keep questioning each other.

Fessy also made the point that his big concern this week is that Bay sends home JC or Scottie and that leaves the other side with another free week like Kaitlyn's. But Haleigh didn't give much reaction to it. She's still reinforcing Bayleigh's paranoia about sending Scottie home this week.

Haleigh: We should have a really big fight.
Fessy: We kind of did today.
Haleigh: That wasn't a real one.
Fessy: We've been in like five fights.
Haleigh: Maybe we should stop fighting.

Also amusingly they talked about how Haleigh ends up spending more time with Tyler and Brett than him, and JC was telling Fessy how good a cuddler Haleigh is. Haleigh said JC is a great cuddler. Haleigh, "But you know that." Fessy, "I do... as weird as it sounds." One of my favorite very small subplots of the season that I haven't really talked about is that JC hits on Fessy and Fessy just goes with it.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I find it funny that I want Haleigh and Fessy to get along not because I care about their relationship, but because I want them both to go far in the game since I have no one else to cheer for currently.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Same. I keep hoping the Fessy, Haleigh, and Scottie team can come together with trust because they're the only ones I really like at this stage and want them to go on a little run to break up the L5 and open the game up. As with most "outsiders/outcasts" it seems tough for them to get on the same page because they have different personalities and game strategies that are the reason they're "outsiders/outcasts" in the first place. But they (and their fellow outsider/outcasts) are winning enough to keep giving them a chance to get on the same page.

Hopefully Bayleigh doesn't do the stupid thing and backdoor Scottie and hopefully they pull off another HOH next week with Fessy or Scottie or even Rockstar. Someone who actually does seem to understand the "sides" thing that is happening and wants to pull it together to stop it. Maybe even Haleigh. Sadly Bayleigh was the worst case for that side of the house this week since she so badly wants to be with the cool kids and keeps trying to play the middle even while winning HOHs and setting herself up as the swing vote between the sides.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Scenario: Bayleigh puts up JC as a re-nom, he goes out, Rockstar wins next HoH, Bayleigh uses her power to nominate Scottie, Scottie goes out. Then that side will have somehow managed to win 3 out of 2 consecutive HoHs (!) and gotten out 0 actual members of L5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Level 6, the most terrible alliance to ever advance so far while doing so little.

• Locked thread