Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1022533030861139971?s=20

Whitemane's spotlight will be after match 1 HGC Europe. Assuming a 3-0 and 30 minute games, that makes it 1:30 EST. Likely after that, but conservative estimate and all that. I'm sure someone here itt will give a 10 minute warning.

reddit user put together a countdown to this rough estimate: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20180727T1830&p0=136&msg=Whitemane+Spotlight+Reveal&font=cursive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

lucifirius posted:

needs to throw potion vials around, probably something like Goblin Alchemist from warcraft3/dota2

I really want this to be a Goblin though. I figured it'd be neat to include a goblin with a Mad Bomber ability from Hearthstone, and with the Alchemist's healing spray being symmetric I figured it'd be an interesting kit to play around with. Maybe only slightly harder than playing Li Li, but still.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Blizzard needs to put Medan in HotS and make him canon by explaining he disappeared into the Nexus to become it's Guardian.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Uhh, pretty sure I just played a game with Sylvanas

She doesn't count idiot she has all her skin on.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

So, Whitemane's kit. I'm guessing Holy Priest with Smite, a fat HoT in Renew, and a point and click single target stun/silence/sleep (whichever is most inquisitorial). One of the ults will be "Arise Champion!" though how you would differentiate that from Auriel's rez I'm not sure. The other ult can be a heal of some sort, maybe even a huge shield? But then what would Anduin be, a Disc/Shadow priest?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kalko posted:

So, Whitemane's kit. I'm guessing Holy Priest with Smite, a fat HoT in Renew, and a point and click single target stun/silence/sleep (whichever is most inquisitorial). One of the ults will be "Arise Champion!" though how you would differentiate that from Auriel's rez I'm not sure. The other ult can be a heal of some sort, maybe even a huge shield? But then what would Anduin be, a Disc/Shadow priest?

I think Arise, Champion could be something that brings a dead hero back for something like 10% of their res timer (minimum 5 seconds) with everything off cool down, and a heal ult could be as simple as a channel that makes the target invulnerable as he regains HP as long as she doesn't get interrupted.

Arise Champion would be really hard to balance. Another possibility is an Abathur-like clone (controlled by the dead hero's player) resses where the hero died with all talents and abilities except his ultimate for 15 seconds, and the res timer stops ticking while the clone is up.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Arise Champion: Instantly resurrects all nearby heroes who have died in the last x (5?) seconds with y (25?)% health and z (1.5?) seconds of invulnerability. Insert whatever values make it balanced. Maybe silence/blind heroes while they're invulnerable so all they can do during the grace period is reposition?

Basically you get incredible value if a bunch of people have died at the same time and you an turn a battle around, but if you only rez one person they'll be easily melted when their safe period is over.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jul 27, 2018

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Kalko posted:

Maybe she can rez herself for an ultimate. They made that a plot point when they revamped the dungeon that she's so good at resurrections, she keeps the Scarlet Crusade going on her own and she keeps resurrecting herself on top of it, so killing her doesn't stick. So you end up doing some weird quest getting special weapons in order to make sure that she actually stays dead.
It infringes a bit on Uthers level 20, but there's a lot of partial overlap in regards to some abilities and it seems like a distinct enough feature.

Who knows.

I'd appreciate it if she'd just be a straight up Vanilla Holy spec Priest, completely with having to use long range heals with efficient heals that have a long cast time and a casting bar, so you pre-cast and abort as the situation demands. I don't see it happening, but it would be funny. The most Classic of WoW priest experiences.

ToastyPotato posted:

Blizzard needs to put Medan in HotS and make him canon by explaining he disappeared into the Nexus to become it's Guardian.

A character so lovely, even World of Warcraft developers are too embarassed to include him.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

All I know for sure is that they need one of her ults to have the callout "ARISE, MY CHAMPION" even if it isn't a rez.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah rez abilities are incredibly powerful in this type of game. I could never see pre-rework Mercy being added to HotS with anything like her original ult.

Hell, just go all in on the WoW fantasy. "Arise, Champion! - passive - when Whitemane is reduced to 50% or lower HP, sleep all enemy heroes for 10s and resurrect the closest ally (channeled over 2s, unstoppable) then restore Whitemane and her target to full HP and mana."

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kalko posted:

Hell, just go all in on the WoW fantasy. "Arise, Champion! - passive - when Whitemane is reduced to 50% or lower HP, sleep all enemy heroes for 10s and resurrect the closest ally (channeled over 2s, unstoppable) then restore Whitemane and her target to full HP and mana."

Why even play the match? Just declare the team that drafts Whitemane winner and move on to the next one.

e: that happening once all game would be OK but as a passive trait, uhhh

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 27, 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Today, I gave Wrong Place, Wrong Time a try.

I will never use it intentionally ever again.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kith posted:

Yeah, I looked at that, considered what it does and what it requires to proc for about 3 seconds. Then I put it on my 'never ever ever ever' list.

I'd love a UI mod that would let me grey out (or even disable if possible) talents that I'm never going to pick, like that one, LiLi's non-1,000 Cups ult, etc. Are there any UI mods (whether or not they have this functionality) out there worth looking at? Obviously mods are possible, since there's that weird Discord thing in game, but I haven't heard any mentioned.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Wrong Place Wrong Time is a great talent. Especially with all the removals of base armor, the Q one isn't as necessary. After 150, you can absolutely chunk out an unsuspecting mage.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

BrianBoitano posted:

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1022533030861139971?s=20

Whitemane's spotlight will be after match 1 HGC Europe. Assuming a 3-0 and 30 minute games, that makes it 1:30 EST. Likely after that, but conservative estimate and all that. I'm sure someone here itt will give a 10 minute warning.

reddit user put together a countdown to this rough estimate: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20180727T1830&p0=136&msg=Whitemane+Spotlight+Reveal&font=cursive

Or just wait for it to be on YouTube, which usually happens within 15 minutes of the premiere.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
That talent is bonkers, why would you not take it short of going Q build?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kith posted:

I too, hate things that are good and fun.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Arise Champion should just give Whitemane a permanent tank on a leash who follows her around protecting her, Mograine or the new guy I don't care which, when they die she can res them with the ult.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Putress should absolutely be in this game. He's the second coolest Forsaken after Lilian Voss.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

ShortStack posted:

Putress should absolutely be in this game. He's the second coolest Forsaken after Lilian Voss.

WHy do people liek Putress so much? He was on screen for like one cutscene, one boss fight, had two lines, and died,

he wear a cool plague doctor mask, that is all, right?

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Looking cool as gently caress is sometimes all you need. See: Imperius.

It's not uncommon for that to be the only selling point. Like, Boba Fett was super popular to Star Wars fans forever and that dude did jack poo poo.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

DEATH TO THE SCOURGE AND DEATH TO THE LIVING!!!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Wrong place wrong time is awesome. It blows stuff the heck up especially if you have your stacking quest done for the double spin.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

skipThings posted:

WHy do people liek Putress so much? He was on screen for like one cutscene, one boss fight, had two lines, and died,

Looks cool as gently caress and delivers his lines in that cutscene incredibly well.

Did you think we had forgotten?

Did you think we had forgiven?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

skipThings posted:

I think it's a couple of things.

He's got a decent design with the creepy face mask, he's straight up a villain and villians own, he appears in one of the most memorable parts of Wrath (the culminating part of Dragonblight), and I'd say WoW as a whole (it's the first time they did an in-game cinematic), and Wrath as a whole is pretty regarded as one of the best expansions they've ever done. He's got a great villain speech which is always a plus. He's directly involved in one of the coolest things that isn't in the game anymore (taking back the Undercity) and if I remember correctly he was also involved in the pre-patch stuff, again another thing that was regarded as one of the best things Blizzard has ever done (that they aren't ever gonna do again).

And I mean Putress had repercussions that lasted for a while in the game. Distrust of the Forsaken on both sides became a lot stronger, the blight became a THING for the rest of the game in a way it wasn't before, and Thrall had the abomination guards in the Undercity replaced by Orc guards to keep an eye on the Forsaken. It was only somewhat recently (in WoW expansion release terms) that the abomination guards returned.

Putress doesn't show up for very long but he left a lasting impression on a ton of WoW players, especially ones that have been playing since at least Wrath

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

NameHurtBrain posted:

Looking cool as gently caress is sometimes all you need. See: Imperius.

It's not uncommon for that to be the only selling point. Like, Boba Fett was super popular to Star Wars fans forever and that dude did jack poo poo.

Uhm, excuse me, he had a JET PACK.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Trait: the Scarlet Crusade Marches On

All allied heroes' death timers are reduced by 50%. You thought feeding as Murky was efficient before. :getin:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kith posted:

You're insane. The talent is loving amazing. Probably the best on that tier.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Wrong place wrong time is worth picking just for the sound it makes alone when you nail them with it.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
That brief period of time when they buffed the poo poo out of mage Zul'Jin was the most fun I've ever had with this game

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I pity those that have never experienced the simple joys of deleting a Chromie with a sweet spotted Wrong Place W followed by a Guillotine.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
If you land both hits (with the increased slow talent) you probably don't even need guillotine.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Which tier is his root at? I feel like it's his only escape tool so I have a hard time picking anything else.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Bogart posted:

Which tier is his root at? I feel like it's his only escape tool so I have a hard time picking anything else.

Root is on 13. 13 is where his movement speed stuff is so your options are net, extra axe slow, and move speed on hitting heroes. All of them are good choices but net is especially funny when they've got someone who won't leave you alone so you just net and axe them.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lucifirius posted:

That talent is bonkers, why would you not take it short of going Q build?

Let The Killing Begin gives you significant Attack Speed which A) allows you to be at high attack speed without Berserker and B) stacks with Berserker in the event of having low health. I ran the numbers on a couple of replays (both my own and others) and Wrong Place, Wrong Time only accounts for about a 3% increase in damage at best. The problem is that the ability is already fairly awkward to aim because you can't adjust the size of the circle, so nailing people with the apex is difficult to do reliably. Even a dedicated Mage'Jin player who takes Wrong Place, Wrong Time regularly and aims for its usage only managed to land the apex 8 times over the course of a 25 minute match, 6 of which happened after the talent. Additionally, Wrong Place, Wrong Time doesn't scale with Arcanite Axes, rewarding (base) 100 damage on an ability that has a 10 second cooldown, which means that the DPS that it adds is... 10. If you manage to land it every time and you manage to use Twin Cleave every instant it's available.

An incredibly awkward skillshot rewarding 10 DPS just doesn't measure up to a 40% Attack Speed boost or the ability to completely bypass armor.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Tbf every time you do hit a hero with it you boost your dps by 1 forever!!!! But it wouldnt be my pick if I were tryharding.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kith posted:

Let The Killing Begin gives you significant Attack Speed which A) allows you to be at high attack speed without Berserker and B) stacks with Berserker in the event of having low health. I ran the numbers on a couple of replays (both my own and others) and Wrong Place, Wrong Time only accounts for about a 3% increase in damage at best. The problem is that the ability is already fairly awkward to aim because you can't adjust the size of the circle, so nailing people with the apex is difficult to do reliably. Even a dedicated Mage'Jin player who takes Wrong Place, Wrong Time regularly and aims for its usage only managed to land the apex 8 times over the course of a 25 minute match, 6 of which happened after the talent. Additionally, Wrong Place, Wrong Time doesn't scale with Arcanite Axes, rewarding (base) 100 damage on an ability that has a 10 second cooldown, which means that the DPS that it adds is... 10. If you manage to land it every time and you manage to use Twin Cleave every instant it's available.

An incredibly awkward skillshot rewarding 10 DPS just doesn't measure up to a 40% Attack Speed boost or the ability to completely bypass armor.

Yeah, the near impossibility of landing it consistently is why I almost immediately threw it out the window. Hitting heroes with it? Sure. Only at the apex? No way

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Kith posted:

Problem is that every rational argument goes out the window once you hear that sweet axe sound

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Gobbeldygook posted:

Upon further inspection you're right, she is :siren: NOT WEARING PANTS :siren:

also
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1022536086403174400

First EU match is Fnatic vs Monkey Menagerie, aka a good team vs the worst EU team so it might be a quick 3-0.

Unless there is a Fnatic throw, this was a good call. Almost over, so tune in: https://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
MM is a pretty good team. Inconsistent, but when they're on they are a monster.