Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Kith posted:

Wow, that model, uh... doesn't look very much like the art. Like, at all. Model!Whitemane lost a few pounds in prep for the spotlight, I see.

Her arms are skinnier than Kel'Thuzad's and he's a literal skeleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah while I find her mechanics fun looking, her model is a disappointment after that art.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

like 100% of whether whitemane’s good or not comes down to the numbers on her abilities, like can she pump out damage fast enough to keep people alive? I can see spamming out Plea to spread Zeal and then whacking people with searing lash and inquisition to get a malf-style top-off but it’ll depend on the numbers being there and her not going oom

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

The need to break muradin. Being so well rounded makes him boring

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
^^ ban him :v:

Primetime posted:

He has the blades of the templar at 16 now. It's basically nexus blades but gives 30% attack speed instead of damage, which may be a buff given how his passive works?

Hrm, I must have missed that, but it means another 16 talent can't be picked.

Does Blizzard typically do re-works like this (not redesigns like Jimmy) without a heads up in advance? Seems strange that this wouldn't be on PTR for a week or two before implementation.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Kith posted:

That said, the Mage'jin main I pulled replays from is Master in HL. Not only does he know what he's talking about, but his opponents know what they're doing - it's not just a question of "aim better". In his words: "It's better to go for a non-optimal poke for more damage on Arcanite than try for the damage bonus of Wrong Place and gently caress up your positioning. Twin Cleave is for poke and zoning. If you want to blow someone up, use Guillo."

For what it's worth, Wrong Place is by far the most picked talent in Masters league. I'm not in masters but I don't find it to be particularly hard to land without getting out of position, especially when your teammate sets you up with a bit of CC. Constantly trying to keep an 8 second buff up for your shorter range AA seems like a much more difficult task.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I mean Kharazim is a Damage/Healer hybrid kind of dude and he actually works pretty well as a solo, even when taking SSS.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Obviously they need to add that talent from WoW where you can channel Penance on an ally to heal them directly for you weenies who are afraid to play a disc priest.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why is one of her abilities literally Mind Flay but not called that. I guess now we can't have a Shadow Priest with Mind Flay.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Obviously they need to add that talent from WoW where you can channel Penance on an ally to heal them directly for you weenies who are afraid to play a disc priest.

They basically showed that with Inquisition in the spotlight

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Wrong Place also works on structures, mercs, and monsters. I like taking it when the enemy doesn't have heavily armored heroes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

bamhand posted:

Why is one of her abilities literally Mind Flay but not called that. I guess now we can't have a Shadow Priest with Mind Flay.

It's not mind flay it's Penance. You know, the Disc Priest spell.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
This was definitely a bottom-up design. Somebody discovered that the disc priest shell basically designs itself and then realized that they had no character to pin it to.

Because, y'know, top-down Whitemane is known for precisely three things: Putting the whole group in un-breakable sleep, "Arise, my champion!", and the hat.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's also possible that they connected the dots of "spec named Discipline" and "priestess who looks like a dominatrix"

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

It's not mind flay it's Penance. You know, the Disc Priest spell.

Can't you channel Penance on allies and it doesn't slow? Inquisition is enemies only. 3 second channel for damage with a slow attached is literally mind flay.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

She also casts Power Word: Shield during the fight, which is another zeal atonement applicator in the Discipline toolkit.

We also don't know her whole talent set, the sleep could be hiding out as an extra ability or something.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

bamhand posted:

Can't you channel Penance on allies and it doesn't slow? Inquisition is enemies only. 3 second channel for damage with a slow attached is literally mind flay.

Didn't they make it foe only unless you talent into being able to cast it on an ally?

edit this may have only occurred in my head

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

bamhand posted:

Watch the entire highlight. There is an entire section dedicated to a level 1 talent that lets you channel Inquisition on allies to heal them.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
It would be kind of hard to give her a Mass Sleep as an ult when that’s literally Deckard’s ult

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It would be kind of hard to give her a Mass Sleep as an ult when that’s literally Deckard’s ult

One that lets her burst heal others during the sleep would be very problematic, too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SirSamVimes posted:

Didn't they make it foe only unless you talent into being able to cast it on an ally?

edit this may have only occurred in my head

That is correct, at least in Legion.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Did you know that 4chan's /vg/ video games board has a HOTS chat channel?

:stare:

Don't go there.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What's it named, so I can totally not go there?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 27, 2018

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

No Wave posted:

What's it named, so I can not go there?

4Chan

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
The HOTS team was absolutely right to not build a kit themed around an era of WoW where mechanics in a boss fight meant that sometimes they would cast Frostbolt instead of Auto Attacking.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mists of Pandaria had good boss design though. :confused:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

bio347 posted:

Because, y'know, top-down Whitemane is known for precisely three things: Putting the whole group in un-breakable sleep, "Arise, my champion!", and the hat.

The sleep and rez would be awful for Heroes of the Storm, and the hat has no mechanics of which to speak.

And no, no one in this game is ever getting a mass rez.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
If the hat does not appear as a talent at the very least I will have no interest in purchasing the hero until my very last ones.

Hot take: Abathur Whitemane skin as a simultaneous release with the hero, where you put the chapeau on your teamates

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Her Thighness looks like a lot of fun for my level of play so I'm excited. Plus I like her model, but I'm all about that Gothic/thigh showing/running mascara look. It's a very niche attraction, I know.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The rich anime girl laugh during that beam move is sick.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'm a little disappointed they still didnt add a priest analogue

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Relin posted:

i'm a little disappointed they still didnt add a priest analogue

You mean... Aside from the discipline spec priest that just got announced?

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Spudd posted:

Her Thighness looks like a lot of fun for my level of play so I'm excited. Plus I like her model, but I'm all about that Gothic/thigh showing/running mascara look. It's a very niche attraction, I know.

Her design is horny as gently caress, but it at least looks cool and is not something like Ivy from Soul Calibur which is simultaneously embarrassingly horny and also awful to look at.

Frankly I wish they had toned down her alt-skin, since it's really cool thematically but they had to up the ante with some underboob to sell a couple extra skins.

Semper Fudge fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 27, 2018

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

SirSamVimes posted:

You mean... Aside from the discipline spec priest that just got announced?
i played it in an era where none of this stuff existed. my couple of ex wow friends didnt pick up on that either fwiw

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

basing the character on how the spec actually plays now instead of their previous design = not a priest analogue? :confused:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Semper Fudge posted:

Her design is horny as gently caress, but it at least looks cool and is not something like Ivy from Soul Calibur which is simultaneously embarrassingly horny and also awful to look at.

Frankly I wish they had toned down her alt-skin, since it's really cool thematically but they had to up the ante with some underboob to sell a couple extra skins.

Yeah, but dat sweet hat.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Whitemane confirmed for being the worst hero in HOTS due to bare minimum stats

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Relentless posted:

Yeah, but dat sweet hat.

dat chapeau tho

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Shadowlyger posted:

And no, no one in this game is ever getting a mass rez.

I could see it as a huge conditional, requiring building up a laaaarge charge (a la D.Va) based on some skillshots or something, or something like 1500 hp divided by the # of heroes so a mass rez means squishier rezzes.

Comedy option: an ult with a literal 10 min CD, halved at level 20 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Dire Human posted:

Counterpoint: any bottom-up kit they could put together for a WoW Priest character could be skinned as a much more interesting and relevant character

Oh hey, at least one of my calls was right